Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

Or just bump people (if they're going to) inn the terminal, before they get on the loving plane.

I'm not bothered by over booking and bumping for crew movement if it's in your ticket's T&Cs, but the count didn't change from the terminal to the jet bridge.

I'm sure they guy was bumped because he bought the most budget of budget tickets, pull him aside, give him the voucher and be done with it. Don't let him sit down for Christ's sake.

*Former travel agent*

or don't overbook flights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Augus posted:

isn't that illegal

trump has broken hundreds of laws just in the course of the presidential election, the people enforcing those laws are either elected GOP officials or had their powers neutered by elected GOP officials

nothing matters

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Fullhouse posted:

super cool that Alabama gov went to jail for being horny and the Michigan gov is still in power after poisoning thousands of people and not doing anything to help them lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i hang around airports selling scalped seats

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yinlock posted:

but then they might lose some money :qq:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
united is scum

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
boy howdy i haven't heard much about the russian investigation in a while. crazy, it's like it's by design or something. heh.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how hard is it to say

"that was unacceptable and we're going to get to the bottom of this"

instead of "we're sorry we had to re-accomodate some people"

get hosed

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Relevant Tangent posted:

We haven't salted the Earth nearly enough. If we'd done it after the Civil War no modern South. If we'd done it after World War One, no WW2.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Yinlock posted:

It's in your terms and conditions when you buy your ticket and is prioritized against people who paid the least. I'm aware of the reality that people never read that poo poo, but it's not some black magic.

That said, cops shouldn't be called to enforce crappy poo poo that hurts customers.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Love that they did all this in order to remove a loving ticket-paid doctor from the plane in order to get some of their employees who needed a ride onto it.

Hey, that logistical dispatcher (or algorithm) was trying to save the company probably around $300, being generous. We need to respect that, and mourn the fact that United will now lose an awful lot of business just because of cellphone cameras.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I tried listening to the Bernie podcast and the guest they had for the first episode had his sound balanced so bad I couldn't hear him at all, regardless of volume

second one seems better at least

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

That DICK! posted:

the bad guy from legion is after Jeb

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Hey, eonwe, where'd you get your avatar, and also where'd your great signature pics go? Those elephants made my day.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pook Good Mook posted:

It's in your terms and conditions when you buy your ticket and is prioritized against people who paid the least. I'm aware of the reality that people never read that poo poo, but it's not some black magic.

That said, cops shouldn't be called to enforce crappy poo poo that hurts customers.

he isnt saying that they can't do it, he is saying that they shouldn't do it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Russia has penetrated the west through viral tweets (Ex: chicken nuggets teen)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

eonwe posted:

united is scum

yeah i'm fairly unflappable when it comes to lovely business practices having worked for too many banks and insurance companies for fully undisturbed sleep, but this one beats out all of the racketeering i saw in those places

i fly reasonably often but at this point i will never fly United again

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

boy howdy i haven't heard much about the russian investigation in a while. crazy, it's like it's by design or something. heh.

at least trumps approval rating flatlined despite him launching 69 rockets into syria because he strong and decisive. That has to have some people severely worried and i'm fuckking glad of it

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Origami Dali posted:

Comey and Admiral Rogers will come from left field and doing an alley oop and drunk on the entire administration.

Or so I tell myself. Any day now. Any day.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

genocide........................is good?????????

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pook Good Mook posted:

Or just bump people (if they're going to) in the terminal, before they get on the loving plane. I'm not bothered by over booking and bumping for crew movement if it's in your ticket's T&Cs, but the count didn't change from the terminal to the jet bridge.

I'm sure they guy was bumped because he bought the most budget of budget tickets, pull him aside, give him the voucher and be done with it. Don't let him sit down for Christ's sake.

*Former travel agent*

$20 says he got bumped because he was Asian and they thought he'd argue less about it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Sriracha Teen Is Back

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
southwest airlines :smuggo:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bethamphetamine posted:

Hey, that logistical dispatcher (or algorithm) was trying to save the company probably around $300, being generous. We need to respect that, and mourn the fact that United will now lose an awful lot of business just because of cellphone cameras.

I think they will lose money cause not a lot of people appreciate victory wine.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Who will stand up for the contract of cohesion terms and conditions and defend them against the strong Asian martial arts master that could only be removed with the strength of 3 law enforcement professionals? Someone please think of the contracts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I did a thing posted:

Comey and Admiral Rogers will come from left field and doing an alley oop and drunk on the entire administration.

Or so I tell myself. Any day now. Any day.

there was no point in them talking about it as much as they had at the time anyway. comey was pretty clear that the investigation was ongoing and would be ongoing for quite some time because the scope of it kept increasing.

there's zero reason to suspect that the national domestic police force is packing it in due to some foreign events. things are probably unfolding pretty much as they otherwise would.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sriracha Teen Is Back

oh no

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Bethamphetamine posted:

In startling news, United bans cellphones on the tarmac because their operation can conflict with plane navigation.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hahahaha https://twitter.com/dudeslater/status/851525316942147584

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Origami Dali posted:

My response to this right now: idk I haven't heard much about Trump being a sexual assault perpetrator or a old man who peeks at 15 year olds in changing rooms either, that's just how poo poo happens these days. And unless he also bombed the gently caress out the FBI and congress then I'd bet it'll come up again soon.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Relevant Tangent posted:

$20 says he got bumped because he was Asian and they thought he'd argue less about it.

United is scum but probably not. There's an order to the bumping and it's based on ticket class and price and number of travelers.

Maybe there was a coin flip between two cheap tickets and you're right though, but unlikely.

This reeks of neutral policy badly implemented without any PR forethought.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

In startling news, United bans cellphones on the tarmac because their operation can conflict with plane navigation.

the faa's official comment on the matter is "no they wont" and when asked for rebuttal a united spokesman screamed 'YES THEY WILL' into the phone before slamming the receiver down.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

United is scum but probably not. There's an order to the bumping and it's based on ticket class and price and number of travelers.

Maybe there was a coin flip between two cheap tickets and you're right though, but unlikely.

This reeks of neutral policy badly implemented without any PR forethought.

the big problem is that they let everyone sit down. these airlines have some leeway to screw people around up until boarding, but after you have boarded the plane it's an entirely different story.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Be specific here, what part of making the South deeply indebted to the North for the next century (a fact they could get away from by moving away, it's not like you have to stay in loving Mississippi) qualifies as genocide?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:lol:, I just saw an op-ed article that corporations should have to pay their taxes in stock instead of cash

Its somehow one of the best and worst ideas I've ever heard of

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mormonpartyboat posted:

isnt that immoral

isnt that against the peoples interest

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Holy hell, this will surely end well for United.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

eonwe posted:

he isnt saying that they can't do it, he is saying that they shouldn't do it

I 100% agree. The time to bump him was before he got on the plane. That gate agent is probably getting fired and I hope these pictures stay in the news all week.

Any anti-corporate sentiment is good at this point. I just personally foresee this easily becoming a missed point where people bitch about bumping generally, rather than police acting as corporate enforcers.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

The Glumslinger posted:

:lol:, I just saw an op-ed article that corporations should have to pay their taxes in stock instead of cash

Its somehow one of the best and worst ideas I've ever heard of

Please link. That sounds ridiculous

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

SpaceGoku posted:

trump is gonna order seal team six to have his 2020 opponent killed

the birth of true fascism and the litmus test of whether the mattering can ever return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That was posted in the thread back when it came out, had basically zero effect and wasn't really carried by any major networks.

• Locked thread