Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

sexpig by night posted:

Jesus does the third dungeon have just no safe rooms? I got fairly into the counterfeiting room and got killed by bad luck only to find my last save was way back in the first safe room....

Nope! There are only 2 safe rooms in the third palace (plus the entrance).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dryzen posted:

There's a few points where you open a path to go back to the entrance or that first save room.

I really feel like that palace was made really early on because it's one of the things we saw in the older promotional stuff

yea, found those but I kept going 'I'm sure there's a room coming up though, I'll save there instead', so yea that's on me! Still, unpleasent surprise! I had beaten an Oni into surrendering and everything :bahgawd:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Post 4th dungeon

Day 1 of Futaba Rehab: Yusuke playing with sentai figures in the corner :D

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Okay, I'm confused. Dd Kamoshida break Ryuujis leg and claim it was self defense because Ryuuji took a swing at him or not? I am certain he mentioned that Kamoshida broke his leg, but whenever he talks about what Kamoshida did to him he never once talks about that, so it feels like he's burying the lede there.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I still can't tell if the fifth palace was just absurdly long, or if it felt longer because the party insist on saying that the treasure must be close in every single area.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, I'm confused. Dd Kamoshida break Ryuujis leg and claim it was self defense because Ryuuji took a swing at him or not? I am certain he mentioned that Kamoshida broke his leg, but whenever he talks about what Kamoshida did to him he never once talks about that, so it feels like he's burying the lede there.
He either actually broke Ryuji's leg or forced Ryuji to run so intensely in such a way that he wound up breaking his leg and I think it's the latter but I can't remember

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah Kamoshida implies thats what happened. Ryuji doesn't talk about it much though because most of the times it comes up he's blaming himself for losing his cool, breaking up the team and causing problems for his mum.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dryzen posted:

That was a penis

That's the 2nd miniboss in the 1st palace. The 1st one is the demon that I forget the name of who's sitting on a toilet.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's Belphegor and he's just an Awakening boss fight iirc

the first palace midboss is Archangel

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HellOnEarth posted:

I don't have any kind of sharing hooked up to my PS4 so I just took a photo on my phone and drew over it. So, uh, please feel free to use this.

This is really tempting

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fulchrum posted:

Kamoshida poo poo talked Ryuji's mom and Ryuji swung on him, Kamoshida broke his leg and claimed self defense. Ryuji focuses on other elements because his whole arc is based around the fact that he feels a lot of shame and regret for letting Kamoshida get under his skin so easily and pretty much playing into his hand perfectly. Kamoshida brings it up to taunt him because he's a huge prick like that, but Ryuji views the incident as a personal failing he should have been stronger than.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Moltrey posted:

That's Belphegor and he's just an Awakening boss fight iirc

the first palace midboss is Archangel

I somehow forgot Archangel was a thing and replaced him with Belphegor. Actually, probably would've been funnier if it was that way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Belphegor and a failed form of Mara would've been real good for Kamoshida's underlings

on the other hand, i wouldn't have gotten archangel's HEAR AND OBEY THE WORD OF THE LORD

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Ah sorry I had mara on the brain

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I HUNGER, CURRY TIME!

Also super sad that Goro didn't respond to my "Honey, I'm home"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I started using Chihaya since you guys mentioned it and you pretty much skip all the non-rank up Confidant visits if you're using the gamefaqs 100% guide

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Phew, just barely. With only two more free days left I managed to get every S.Link to Max. I didn't get any of the other completion achievements like reading all books or playing all games, or even getting a homerun, but I can do all that crap on a replay at some point in the future. Now to go to the end of the game!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

i got bored and decided to do full reviews of the party members. im not spoiling any of this because they're all on the box and if knowing ryuji learns deathbound at level 47 ruins the game for you, then, im sorry

Are there any skills that look crappy but are secretly amazing? Or I guess what skills should a character absolutely have?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
How many locked chests are in the third Palace? I've got two Lockpicks, so I figure it might be worth it to spend a night making some more, since I'm planning on waiting until I hit Rank 2 with Emperor and Priestess before I run dungeon.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

W.T. Fits posted:

How many locked chests are in the third Palace? I've got two Lockpicks, so I figure it might be worth it to spend a night making some more, since I'm planning on waiting until I hit Rank 2 with Emperor and Priestess before I run dungeon.

Theres always one more locked chest than I have lock pics, every time. Just resign yourself to the fate of having to grab a chest during the 99% Alert Heist

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pay your teacher 50 bucks to dress up as a maid and make lockpicks for you

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OK I'm level 29 can somebody tell me a persona that will give me the mid level Darkness spells.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
You can make Lockpicks and other tools on the night you send out a calling card. Iirc its's the only thing Morgana let's you do on those nights.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

There should be three. IIRC one of them might be worth missing if you can't make more lockpicks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are there any skills that look crappy but are secretly amazing? Or I guess what skills should a character absolutely have?

If a character has a charge skill like literal Charge, or Concentrate, it will be their best skill for bosses. Never undervalue buffs and debuffs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

OK I'm level 29 can somebody tell me a persona that will give me the mid level Darkness spells.

Leanne Sidhe or however you spell it is how I've been getting my curse damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

it's easy to undervalue haru's gun skills and her reflectors but they're both seriously good. besides that, what's obviously good is usually what you want, nobody has that complicated a skill tree.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

OneDeadman posted:

You can make Lockpicks and other tools on the night you send out a calling card. Iirc its's the only thing Morgana let's you do on those nights.

You can also make coffee. Not sure about curry, though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Saigyouji posted:

Nope! There are only 2 safe rooms in the third palace (plus the entrance).

there's actually three but the second one is functionally where the third is (you have to turn around on the same floor as the midboss for half a second, and he blocks your way iirc). but if you proceed after the midboss, there's one right there. sooooooooo there's literally no point to the second one.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

I poo poo on Goro every chance I get and my main complaint about this game is I don't have enough chances to do so.

You found your go-to cafe? I literally just told you I have nothing to say to you and agreed when you said you weren't welcome anywhere.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Everyone should buy and fix the laptop ASAP for a surprise.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Marogareh posted:

Everyone should buy and fix the laptop ASAP for a surprise.

How do I do this?

Also, turns out I'm either telling the truth, or lying! I don't like Sae.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Swift Strike has a pretty low-key description but it absolutely dominates the mid game and should go on Ryuuji and all your phys personas once you begin to see it

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

theblackw0lf posted:

Thematically I think this is the strongest Persona game so far.

I absolutely agree w/ this, friend and I were just talking today about how it seems like the confidantes are thematically linked by their outsider status and it's the first game in the series where the combat mechanics actually seem to suit the game's theme (like when you're playing well, the bonus turn system gives combat a stylish, musical flow the way playing Bayonetta or something well has, which suits the smooth criminal vibe)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mr E posted:

How do I do this?

Also, turns out I'm either telling the truth, or lying! I don't like Sae.

You can do it after you unlock the Akibahara map

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Why all the Goro hate? Actually don't answer that.

End of summer:

I'm surprised the game is letting me do things during this Futaba help thing. Morgana usually tells you to go to sleep if you do so much as scratch your balls

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Morgana really only complains about sleeping during the time between one palace's deadline and the start of the next one's proper mission, I noticed. That made July in particular a pretty awful month, though, of nothing but cutscenes, short one-beat days and then "Let's not do that today" over and over and over and augh. It's always kind of annoying and bad but it felt like it was almost all of July which is a bit much.

Mr E posted:

How do I do this?

Buy the busted laptop at Akihabara then go to the second-hand store by Leblanc. They'll sell you the tools you need to repair it.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Night Blade posted:

Why all the Goro hate? Actually don't answer that.

End of summer:

I'm surprised the game is letting me do things during this Futaba help thing. Morgana usually tells you to go to sleep if you do so much as scratch your balls

He's gross and boring and the game acts like he's neither of those things for some reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game acts like he's neither of those things because he owns

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How do you beat the dang Goemon retro game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How do you beat the dang Goemon retro game