Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How do you beat the dang Goemon retro game

Buy the cheat codes book in Shibuya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm way behind but I'll spoiler this anyway, early in palace 2 I was lucky enough to guess right on the Treasure Demon's weakness and catch him, and man is that an insane resource to have access to this early on. Having the freedom to spread out any of the 8 Ma- spells I want, then resummon the thing for 4.7k if I feel like spreading the spells out more, seems really, really good, even if I'm not yet to the point where I can burn through SP infinitely just yet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I had to try very hard not to say "Beep Boop".

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I tried, I knew it was wrong to do so, I nearly didn't... then I faltered and did. :negative:

It was totally worth it, though.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How do you beat the dang Goemon retro game

Buy the cheat handbook in the red light district or savescum.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm prepared to be crucified by these rowdy posters for stating the harsh facts: Goro isn't a good boy, and he may in fact even be the worst boy

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

also Goro is a cop and the phantom thieves canonically hate the cops

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm prepared to be crucified by these rowdy posters for stating the harsh facts: Goro isn't a good boy, and he may in fact even be the worst boy

The best boy is the dog that's hanging out in your neighborhood when you first arrive

bennyfranks posted:

also Goro is a cop and the phantom thieves canonically hate the cops

The dialogue choice in the TV interview that's like "The Phantom Thieves do more good than the police" was pretty solid

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I just got access to Mementos. Is it worth it spending a day to just go in and do one quest? Cause it seems like we have the opportunity to do more than one if we get them available.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

No Mods No Masters posted:

Goro wears a grandpa sweater for his casual attire. He's a good boy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"What is the condition called when people believe that the second hand of a clock stops moving?"

"C: The World."

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

I just got access to Mementos. Is it worth it spending a day to just go in and do one quest? Cause it seems like we have the opportunity to do more than one if we get them available.

You do. I like waiting for them to stack and just powering through. You can get some good money doing this and its efficient.

By the way, does anyone have a 2736x1824 screenshot of Persona 5's loading splash?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I got to Knowledge 4 the night before finals, I hope I did well since I answered the questions right :ohdear:.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Capsaicin posted:

It's possible to do almost all quests in one run of Mementos.

The only reason you can't do them all in one is because some of them are gated behind other quests.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The best boy is the dog that's hanging out in your neighborhood when you first arrive

wisdom

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Capsaicin posted:

I try to line up two of them alongside my normal exploration. One is fine if you're doing some grinding, though.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I heard there was a book that lets you read books faster. Is this true, and if so, where/when/how?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Night Blade posted:

You do. I like waiting for them to stack and just powering through. You can get some good money doing this and its efficient.

By the way, does anyone have a 2736x1824 screenshot of Persona 5's loading splash?

I wouldn't be losing out on Compatriot stuff, would I?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I tend to let huge backlogs build up. I've had six requests multiple times.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's quite stunning to reflect on Goro being the worst boy, even in a game that also contains Ryuji

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

I wouldn't be losing out on Compatriot stuff, would I?

Nope.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are there any skills that look crappy but are secretly amazing? Or I guess what skills should a character absolutely have?

Yusuke's baton pass bonus skills are nutty as hell. If I pass off to him he can one-shot things from full health.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

I heard there was a book that lets you read books faster. Is this true, and if so, where/when/how?

You have to go to the Jinbocho bookstore, which I unlocked at least by hanging with Hifumi pretty early on into the Social Link, maybe Rank 3 or something. Once you go there, you have to buy and finish the three separate books sold there before the Speed Reading book is unlocked.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a best way to build up proficiency? I have all the other skills at 3 and 4, but it's still @ two. Should I just build more lockpicks?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr E posted:

Is there a best way to build up proficiency? I have all the other skills at 3 and 4, but it's still @ two. Should I just build more lockpicks?

Lock Picks, Beef Bowl Shop, Batting Cages, Books, Hanged Man Confidant

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

I like Mishima and I support him in all of his incredibly desperate endeavors.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Someone's gonna try and own me but save scumming for the +3 when you craft tools is worth it with the smaller total number of points prof needs

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arist posted:

I tend to let huge backlogs build up. I've had six requests multiple times.

I only ran it 4 times. Once for the mandatory intro, once with 10 requests, then with 8 and finally with the last dreg you get at the rear end end of the game :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ryuji: Hey wanna hang out
Me: Sure
Ryuji: Awesome, Mishima's here too!
Me: Nevermind.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dragonatrix posted:

Morgana really only complains about sleeping during the time between one palace's deadline and the start of the next one's proper mission, I noticed. That made July in particular a pretty awful month, though, of nothing but cutscenes, short one-beat days and then "Let's not do that today" over and over and over and augh. It's always kind of annoying and bad but it felt like it was almost all of July which is a bit much.

If I could fix just one thing about this series, it would be this. Goddamnit game, do not treat me like I am 6 years old. I will decide for myself when I am tired.

Also, the trophies and game guides keep mentioning videogames, but all I've found are DVD's. Was this a localisation change or something, or am I just not finding the game system?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fulchrum posted:

If I could fix just one thing about this series, it would be this. Goddamnit game, do not treat me like I am 6 years old. I will decide for myself when I am tired.

Also, the trophies and game guides keep mentioning videogames, but all I've found are DVD's. Was this a localisation change or something, or am I just not finding the game system?

The game system is in the discount store

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

The game system is sold I believe in the second-hand shop outside Cafe Leblanc as well as one game, and the rest are sold in Akihabara.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Will Power is such an awesome song holy god drat

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheFireMagi posted:

The game system is sold I believe in the second-hand shop outside Cafe Leblanc as well as one game, and the rest are sold in Akihabara.

No its not. A CRT television and a DVD player, as well as the base tools to make lockpicks are in that store, but thats all they sell.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

It'll be there eventually

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fulchrum posted:

No its not. A CRT television and a DVD player, as well as the base tools to make lockpicks are in that store, but thats all they sell.

"You can purchase one during the summer from the vendor near Leblanc in Yongen-Jaya as long as you purchased the TV from him. If he doesn’t have it right when the summer begins just check back every now and then."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

My true shame about Persona 5 is being bad at button mashing things that aren't Morgana, and having to use the cheat codes to beat the games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just realized the irony of the Palace 3 setup, considering that earlier a shady dude gives you a paper bag and tells you "Hold onto this for me and don't talk to the cops"

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yusuke's baton pass bonus skills are nutty as hell. If I pass off to him he can one-shot things from full health.
I'm sad that I had all these jokes about touching Yusuke's baton lined up, and it turns out they don't work with the English version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just realized the irony of the Palace 3 setup, considering that earlier a shady dude gives you a paper bag and tells you "Hold onto this for me and don't talk to the cops"

The difference being that he's just asking for a favour and if he wanted to blackmail you, he could have done it well and truly by now.