Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't die too many times, but it was about 50/50 if I felt like resetting or doing the run. They don't quite make your corpse a big glowy spot so sometimes it's a pain to even find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's not glowy, but it's at least on the map, so it typically wasn't a big deal finding it.

I didn't really mind the mechanic since in practice it barely even mattered. It wasn't a great idea, but I don't see it as some huge blemish on the game.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hammer isn't optimal, but I used it a fair amount anyway because it's very kinetically satisfying when you have a whole lot of enemies bunched up

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fedule posted:

Yeah, someone told me you would miss sidequests because of plot developments quite often so I just kinda compulsively kept on top of sidequests.

They were probably just trying to help, but, gently caress that person tbqh.

Lol might've been me :v:

I was posting that in the nier thread cause I had missed a few late game sidequests due to plot stuff, and regretted it because plot stuff.

But they were all late game, early game you really should just get to fast travel first, makes life easier.

The Dark Id posted:

Ska is prohibited.

What a bleak future

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Hammer isn't optimal, but I used it a fair amount anyway because it's very kinetically satisfying when you have a whole lot of enemies bunched up

It's my go-to because if you charge it and kite a tiny bit, you can end entire encounters in one drop. Three hammers cover a lot of ground.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

What looks the coolest is the most optimal, it's a single player game so you don't need to worry about optimizing poo poo unless you're genuinely struggling. Even then I'd rather turn the difficulty down than use something I didn't think looked cool.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rangpur posted:

And occasionally hinting at ominous portents in seemingly benign areas. It's actually quite good at that! Not so much as a gameplay system, alas.

'Why is there a solid line of android corpses going across this innocuous patch of grass?'

'What's that sound?'

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I have had that experience, yes. The why and how of it will have to wait for some time, however. (It was not moose-related.)

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out what was behind the 3 bodies clipping through each other on the edge of a platform.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rangpur posted:

I have had that experience, yes. The why and how of it will have to wait for some time, however. (It was not moose-related.)

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out what was behind the 3 bodies clipping through each other on the edge of a platform.

It ruined more than one surprise for me though. "Oh, huh. Whole lot of bodies up in here. I wonder if there's going to be something big in the next room?"

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
I'm busy the early part of this week. But I'll leave you all with a powerful secret technique to mull over in the mean time. Rub the touch pad on PS4 or shake the mouse while in neutral stance on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTeExtkRhzA

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

The Dark Id posted:

I'm busy the early part of this week. But I'll leave you all with a powerful secret technique to mull over in the mean time. Rub the touch pad on PS4 or shake the mouse while in neutral stance on PC.

Dating sim confirmed.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Wait, you can do it on PC?

Welp, there goes my evening.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

... why have I not gotten this game? It's obviously perfect.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

END ME SCOOB posted:

I wish I hadn't waited until I was a few routes in to begin reading this, although this tip is a day old, so I'd still have been hosed. Just to show how loving stupid this is, I was unaware of fast travel. I got to literally the quest before it unlocked in the story and started going around trying to take care of gear and weapons early.

yeah I hit that part too and was like "holy gently caress if there's a point of no return this must be it"

thankfully not, uh, quite to the degree you did it though. :stare:

The Dark Id posted:

That would explain why I never saw it, playing on PC with an xbone controller. I was wondering.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

GOTY forever.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Dark Id posted:

Now remember there's a Grimoire Weiss skin.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

This is absolutely wonderful. :allears:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I had no idea you could do that :kimchi:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

jaclynhyde posted:

Which had more than a little work put into it. I dunno how the PS4 preorder one works by comparison.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I never knew I wanted to pet Wesker before, but here we are. It's an incredibly strange mental image and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

The Dark Id posted:

Report: Satisfied.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I never knew I wanted to pet Wesker before, but here we are. It's an incredibly strange mental image and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I've always wanted to pet Legion however

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

The Dark Id posted:

I like 9S running out in front of 2B like he's going to get a pet too. No Tails! Get out of here. Pods only.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Complete.
Global.
Saturation.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
"Your affinity with this pod has risen"

This is going to be an important part of his Loyalty Quest, which should be done before the final Suicide Mission, isn't it? (Ah mass effect 2, never not have lack of loyalty make people explode in a spaceship)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Alavaria posted:

"Your affinity with this pod has risen"

This is going to be an important part of his Loyalty Quest, which should be done before the final Suicide Mission, isn't it? (Ah mass effect 2, never not have lack of loyalty make people explode in a spaceship)

People died on the Normandy if you didn't buy all the upgrades, loyalty didn't come into play until you were on the Collector Base.

:goonsay:

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Got the game today, and I've just unlocked fast travel.

So SO glad I'd already read Id's advice on powering through to get it before jumping into the side-quests. So glad.

Anyway, about how far into the game is the one truly missable thing? I want an idea of how long I can play for before I have to start worrying about it.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The missable thing is end game stuff, meaning you can check it out after you've seen all main endings. It's related to a side quest you are very likely to unlock last in the entire game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

jyrque posted:

The missable thing is end game stuff, meaning you can check it out after you've seen all main endings. It's related to a side quest you are very likely to unlock last in the entire game.

There's also one or two side quests that are vaguely missable? I'll mention that again when they become relevant just so other people don't run into the same trap. But a friend of mine just spent hours trying to get them to trigger again and had to restart his file because he's obsessive about 100% and didn't do them when he could.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Nuebot posted:

There's also one or two side quests that are vaguely missable? I'll mention that again when they become relevant just so other people don't run into the same trap. But a friend of mine just spent hours trying to get them to trigger again and had to restart his file because he's obsessive about 100% and didn't do them when he could.

I am pretty sure this is not the case but discussing it might constitute to spoilers so I won't. :(

e: v can be redone.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 11, 2017

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I think I missed fish quest.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

jyrque posted:

I am pretty sure this is not the case but discussing it might constitute to spoilers so I won't. :(

e: v can be redone.

Like I said, I'll bring it up when we get to it. I hope it's not ultimately missable and it'll be nice to learn if it is or not.

Speaking of fish though; the first time I played the game, I spent ages just chilling with the non-hostile machines and fishing in the radical atmosphere.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I did all of the city quests when they opened but don't just run across the map for a quest. Also gently caress that crater and the sidequest that abuses it.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 11, 2017

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

jaclynhyde posted:

I was thinking the same thing, so this was the very first picture I took when I started playing

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Money isn't really a problem in this game, materials are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MythosDragon posted:

Has Id mentioned that

Maybe try reading the LP and you'll have your answer.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe try reading the LP and you'll have your answer.

I am, but I cant quite remember. The thread turned towards fishing, so I mentioned my experience with it and wasnt sure I should go into any detail in case he plans to do it or Im just blanking and he already did.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Bholder posted:

I was thinking the same thing, so this was the very first picture I took when I started playing

If only it changed his voice too. :allears:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

MythosDragon posted:

I am, but I cant quite remember. The thread turned towards fishing, so I mentioned my experience with it and wasnt sure I should go into any detail in case he plans to do it or Im just blanking and he already did.

Then maybe check back before just blindly posting? It's not like there have been that many updates yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

Rangpur posted:

If only it changed his voice too. :allears:

Wouldn't like it, no sir:
"Graaaaaa-
gra-a-a-at-t-t-t
GRaatituuu-u-u-ude c-c-conf-"

• Locked thread