Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I really wanna sell this Cold Snap because it's garbage I don't need compared to Ruler's Rings, but I keep worrying there'll be another event where suddenly it'll be part of a new recipe and get upgraded...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Cartoon Man posted:

If you plan to half pull try and at least make it through the banner. But yeah it's really a trap to buy more slots.

That's the plan, hold em for half pulls just in cade then dump em once the banner is gone. I feel like the tickets would be better used on another banner like fpr Riku than chasing a TMR I would only use on a LaA Exdeath which is quite a few TMRs away right now anyway

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

That's the plan, hold em for half pulls just in cade then dump em once the banner is gone. I feel like the tickets would be better used on another banner like fpr Riku than chasing a TMR I would only use on a LaA Exdeath which is quite a few TMRs away right now anyway

Or I guess on Freija herself

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

I really wanna sell this Cold Snap because it's garbage I don't need compared to Ruler's Rings, but I keep worrying there'll be another event where suddenly it'll be part of a new recipe and get upgraded...

Keep it. Gumi does this for pretty much every single yearly/seasonal event in Brave Frontier.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Keep it. Gumi does this for pretty much every single yearly/seasonal event in Brave Frontier.

I can't believe those Gallean Tins are going to be used to craft the Ultima Weapons. Gumi got us good.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Ok, what town has the Flamering Key vault?

I have done the quests to get me there, and now I can't figure out who takes the drat thing

Holy hell it's in Zoldaad now that I can read

hagie fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 11, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I can't believe those Gallean Tins are going to be used to craft the Ultima Weapons. Gumi got us good.

Ohohohohobo not funny <_<

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I still have a pile of Excalipoors because I'm no good at telling when a joke has been ran into the ground

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So is there a quest for Xon or something? He has a red ? over his head.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nuebot posted:

So is there a quest for Xon or something? He has a red ? over his head.

No, it's just bugged.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So it has been a while and I may be remembering incorrectly but where is the button that lets you read character bios and info? I thought I remembered it being the "details" button but that just brings up numbers now and I can't find the bio button.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

On the screen with their stats, if you tap them, they speak, and if you tap the banner with their name and class, it pops up their brief bio.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

rio posted:

So it has been a while and I may be remembering incorrectly but where is the button that lets you read character bios and info? I thought I remembered it being the "details" button but that just brings up numbers now and I can't find the bio button.

From the stats/equip screen, press and hold on the unit itself and it'll take you to a screen where you can play the unit's animations and read their bio and quotes.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Probably no need to max out Milfina if you have a maxed Marie right?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i wouldnt make it a priority but also isnt minfilia immune to literally every status effect and has some super esuna right? that combo along with the same resist spells sans the aoe resist one, that seems like you still might not mind having her maxed

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This is something Gumi would do, with more tins being available as a (possible) boss drop, in case you've never played Brave Frontier.

See also: Shining Splendors in this game. I can't wait to see that event come back with a new level and a new (limit 1) craftable sword that takes 4 or 5 shining splendors to make. :confuoot:

hagie posted:

Probably no need to max out Milfina if you have a maxed Marie right?

Minfilia being able give 100% atk to a unit like Olive is pretty nice.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

See also: Shining Splendors in this game. I can't wait to see that event come back with a new level and a new (limit 1) craftable sword that takes 4 or 5 shining splendors to make. :confuoot:

I mean, I'm kinda hoping for it. *looks at the 4 Splendors I have crafted and the gigantic pile of ores I accumulated during Lunar New Year*

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is something Gumi would do, with more tins being available as a (possible) boss drop, in case you've never played Brave Frontier.

level beyond shining splendor, a sword so bright that holding it immediately blinds everyone in the fight on round one.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tengames posted:

level beyond shining splendor, a sword so bright that holding it immediately blinds everyone in the fight on round one.

I'd also accept a sword with another +10 or so attack and innate holy element (since I could elemental chain my Freyvia and Orlandu with it).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the first round of ability awakening sure is :psyduck: kuja, lid, rain, fina, krile, roselia, mercedes, lightning, medius, seven

isnt medius global exclusive? and quite bad? that should be interesting.

edit: it looks like if you boost his gun master twice he gets an attack boost increase and dual wield for guns, but his 6* skills are still weird and stupid and bad so i dont think that will help nearly rnough

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 11, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Garbage banner (Lightning, Mercedes, Seven, Medius) coming up, probably skip this one totally, not even dailies since I already have everyone off it, including TMs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
That selection of awakening units is embarrassingly bad. Oh well. New trial looks okay, the accessory is TM-tier and that large sword mastery looks great. Too bad I'll probably never be able to get it. I hope they reset all of the stages for ariana though, more free lapis and tickets is always welcome.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
No Ramza enhancements. This is an awful day. :(

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Gold star crystal, can it be? Yes! My 11th Mercedes :smith:

Edit: although I guess it's not another drat Chizuru

Palleon fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 11, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Garbage banner (Lightning, Mercedes, Seven, Medius) coming up, probably skip this one totally, not even dailies since I already have everyone off it, including TMs.

Only missing Lightning and I'm ok with keeping it that way since even with enhancements I wouldn't replace Olive, Orlandu, or probably even Freyvia.

Dark Ifrit and Siren trial coming too, including Large Sword Mastery for the no KO challenge of the fight.

The real question is what the price and availability of enhancement materials will be at the innkeeper.

e: Good lord, the new 5* base units coming out in Japan have some amazing TMs:
Crimson Soul - HP & ATK +30%, LB Gauge fill rate increased
Ninja headgear(?) - +12 DEF, ATK & MAG +30%, evade, katana-specific dual wield :psyduck:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 11, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Save your egg summons till tomorrow when they add in the enhancement mats to the gacha.

Dangerous Ariana gets more dangerous with a new materia that adds MAG 15% HP 10% and gives her dualcast. That's actually pretty sweet for a mostly free character especially if you have the rest of her gear set crafted.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Dana Crysalis posted:

No Ramza enhancements. This is an awful day. :(

: (

No matter how many bullets Medius shoots, he can't outrun the burden of his awfulness. How about an ability enhancement to remove his Draw Attacks?

Oh, and is Seven's TM (+100% ailment resist) superior enough to a ribbon that I might want to pull on this upcoming banner for it? Because I'd rather not but it sounds quite good.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
It is exactly the same as a ribbon, it just takes a materia slot instead of an accessory slot.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

This egg event has been kind to me in the cactaur kind of way. Who would you consider your next max out:

Seven (no exclusive materia)
Primm (no exclusive)
Minfilia
Medius (3/4 to 6 max)
Lasswell (lol)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ShinyDais posted:

: (

No matter how many bullets Medius shoots, he can't outrun the burden of his awfulness. How about an ability enhancement to remove his Draw Attacks?

Oh, and is Seven's TM (+100% ailment resist) superior enough to a ribbon that I might want to pull on this upcoming banner for it? Because I'd rather not but it sounds quite good.

Nephrite posted:

It is exactly the same as a ribbon, it just takes a materia slot instead of an accessory slot.

Having it be a material slot is better for most characters, but unless you have Lapis and room on your TM list to spare, I'd wait for Tilith to pop up again as she's a much better base 4* and her banner will probably be a lot better as well.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

PaybackJack posted:

Having it be a material slot is better for most characters, but unless you have Lapis and room on your TM list to spare, I'd wait for Tilith to pop up again as she's a much better base 4* and her banner will probably be a lot better as well.

Oh, Tilith's TM is the same thing? All this time and I never noticed. Thanks for the heads-up!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

This egg event has been kind to me in the cactaur kind of way. Who would you consider your next max out:

Primm (no exclusive)
Minfilia
Medius (3/4 to 6 max)
Lasswell (lol)

Minfilia if you have no other green mage. She'll be useful for the dark esper trial or so I've read.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Missing lightning, but have seven and Mercedes. Probably not going to bother pulling on that banner.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Well, even though they let me down on no Ramza, I hope he'll be soon, and need to go ahead and stockpile TMs for him. He.... actually benefits from Equip Staff. Ugh. So I need to TM Roselia, Lenna, Refia, Trey, Luka, and the five Almas I've been putting off forever. That'll get him to 540 SPR, that's servicable.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

hagie posted:

Primm (no exclusive)
Minfilia
Medius (3/4 to 6 max)
Lasswell (lol)

I fed cactaurs to Laswell to clear roster space, but I have Marie as my only 5-base. Also, eventually there should be trials where you can only use story characters, so might as well level Rain, Laswell, and Fina.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Well, even though they let me down on no Ramza, I hope he'll be soon, and need to go ahead and stockpile TMs for him. He.... actually benefits from Equip Staff. Ugh. So I need to TM Roselia, Lenna, Refia, Trey, Luka, and the five Almas I've been putting off forever. That'll get him to 540 SPR, that's servicable.

Why does he need SPR? To help with HP/MP regen?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hagie posted:

Primm (no exclusive)
Minfilia
Medius (3/4 to 6 max)
Lasswell (lol)

Minfilia, all these other units are trash garbage and shouldn't be leveled at all (except Lasswell if you want the story units leveled for posterity). Some nerds might try to make a case for Primm but don't listen to them.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Doesn't Lasswell get really good after he gets his enhancements?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Where the gently caress is WoL 6* aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhh :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Where the gently caress is WoL 6* aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhh :negative:

Seriously.

• Locked thread