Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The thing is, they rolled all the good qualities of past bros into Makoto and Futaba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress is Haru's upgraded Persona

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh man, I am generally OK with not knowing the Japanese culture questions and using the network, but I really feel like I should have been able to solve the triangle question on my own

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[ryuji, falling off his bike because he tried to take a corner too fast and skinning his knee cause wasn't wearing any protective equipment] loving akechi! loving lovely adults!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of lovely adults, Sae is loving terrible.

Makoto may have seemed like a narc at the beginning but she's saying all the right things now

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 11, 2017

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Also I just finished the first round of midterm exams and I'm getting super antsy about my progress. I've got all my stats at rank 2 but not a single link at rank 5 and it feels bad, man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

Also I just finished the first round of midterm exams and I'm getting super antsy about my progress. I've got all my stats at rank 2 but not a single link at rank 5 and it feels bad, man.

I assume I'm about to run out of time to do Links at all and I've still got Ann at 8 and Yusuke at 7. I also never maxed Guts. Feels bad man.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Hello thread

I'm avoiding spoilers and have only done the first palace but just popping in to say this game is loving incredible, that is all

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Oxxidation posted:

I was in a similar place, don't sweat it. Just focus on doing the Confidants you like or that have good bonuses and you'll be fine.

I gave up on Ann because hers seems dumb as heck but kept going with Yusuke because ART ART ART is pretty fun and funny.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of lovely adults, Sae is loving terrible.

Makoto may have seemed like a narc at the beginning but she's saying all the right things now

Once a narc, always a narc

We hate the police.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

[ryuji, falling off his bike because he tried to take a corner too fast and skinning his knee cause wasn't wearing any protective equipment] loving akechi! loving lovely adults!

He's right about those adults.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The newspaper club lady gets mad that Goro insulted the Phantom Theives and one of the response is

"He's too pretty to be wrong."

writing good

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I detest the Strength arcana.
I've come to the point where I need to look at a guide to do poo poo because I don't understand the deeper machinations of fusion and basically treat it like a lottery.
I'm legitimately thinking about just giving up on that arcana and the true ending for the first playthrough, which wouldn't suck nearly as much if the game wasn't 80 hours and going.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Am I missing something with the 5th palace's boss or will the charge attack unavoidable oneshot my entire team on hard if they're not hungry or not rakukaja'd with the boss being tarunda'd?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
anon: pls don't kill me ;_;

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I know it would be dumb but I kind of want to buy a coffee siphon now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I finally heard what I think is Rivers in the Desert and I'm really glad I never looked it up.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Gorp posted:

I've come to the point where I need to look at a guide to do poo poo because I don't understand the deeper machinations of fusion and basically treat it like a lottery.
I'm legitimately thinking about just giving up on that arcana and the true ending for the first playthrough, which wouldn't suck nearly as much if the game wasn't 80 hours and going.

Use a guide for Strength. The fusion requirements get very particular and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

Moltrey posted:

The newspaper club lady gets mad that Goro insulted the Phantom Theives and one of the response is

"He's too pretty to be wrong."

writing good

"Look, don't get the wrong idea. All I'm saying is that his eyes are like two mugs of hot chocolate on a cold winter's night and I want to run my fingers through his luxurious hair."

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Einwand posted:

Am I missing something with the 5th palace's boss or will the charge attack unavoidable oneshot my entire team on hard if they're not hungry or not rakukaja'd with the boss being tarunda'd?

I'll give a hint: What might you be if you can eat all that food?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The guide for Strength is hilarious because for the last one it just goes "yo use a skill card"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm kind of a pushover when it comes to activities.

Just beat Kamoshida. Next two days were basically me hanging out with Ryuji and working with Coffee Dad. I think it was worth it though because I have a Chariot and Hierophant persona on hand.

Getting some loving equipment upgrades was definitely worth it though. I upgraded everyone's armor (And Ann got a nice piece of armor from a cleaned item) and there's no way I would've survived Kamoshida without it.

Now I have no idea what to do with my spare time. I missed a couple locked chests in the castle because I couldn't be arsed to go back for them. Oh well.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The Gorp posted:

I didn't hesitate for an instant to just look up how to do it. It's more in depth than you're going to need, at least for Normal.

I'm at the end of August now, and while I'm not a fan of Ryuji getting progressively dumber, Yusuke is consistently pretty great.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Moltrey posted:

goro probably put spikes in the path in order to stop the cool and good teens from having fun destroying society

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arist posted:

The guide for Strength is hilarious because for the last one it just goes "yo use a skill card"

The guide i've found says that for the last 4 requests. It's not a very good guide.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

The Gorp posted:

Oh gently caress, I've been neglecting that. Do you need to max that for the true ending?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah Strength really seems like typical SMT bullshit and you'll never be able to reliably do it unless you look it up. There's no way to know which demons to use and which will properly inherit or learn certain skills.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Night Blade posted:

Oh gently caress, I've been neglecting that. Do you need to max that for the true ending?

No, but Strength hints at some things that become relevant during the true ending. E: Max Strength anyways because being able to fuse Personas above your max level is great.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 11, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Without spoiling, is getting the bad/non-true ending something I can easily reload from if I'm making multiple saves

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Oxxidation posted:

Use a guide for Strength. The fusion requirements get very particular and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

"Look, don't get the wrong idea. All I'm saying is that his eyes are like two mugs of hot chocolate on a cold winter's night and I want to run my fingers through his luxurious hair."
"Akechi is not only creating bad publicity about us, but he's right on our heels and is going to run our lives!"

"Like, yeah but he's so cute though?"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Without spoiling, is getting the bad/non-true ending something I can easily reload from if I'm making multiple saves

Both bad endings give you a chance to save pretty much right before the cutscene leading up to them, normal ending has a fight and a fairly lengthy sequence of cutscenes between the last save point and the actual choice, but the answer is yes you can basically see the endings without losing that much progress if you so choose.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Where is the red console panel in Palace 6?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

"Akechi is not only creating bad publicity about us, but he's right on our heels and is going to run our lives!"

"Like, yeah but he's so cute though?"

It's hosed up that cops can be so pretty imo. It makes them harder to hate.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hey so make sure you pay attention to the date and account for the extra day to send the calling card. :downs:

I just failed Mokoto's and uh... that bad end is probably one of the saddest and grimmest things Ive seen in an SMT game. :stonk:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I just realized I've never seen any of the bad ends other than the obvious Big Decision ones in Persona games. Might have to go watch all of them after I finish the game.

What happens in Makoto's? Spoiler tags obviously.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

theblackw0lf posted:

Where is the red console panel in Palace 6?

By the entrance to the big slot machine room or by the entrance to the first slot room. It's not hidden away at all.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'd like to announce that everyone here in the audience is winning a free SP Adhesive 3

You get an SP Adhesive 3, and You get an SP Adhesive 3, and you...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I feel like they made those way too easy to get and it trivializes the entire concept of SP limiting you, which is a shame.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

why can't I date Hanged Man

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I never liked the resource based dungeon-delving in Persona anyway since the punishment for doing badly at is not being able to do the actual great part of the game as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dackel posted:

why can't I date Hanged Man

Because he's too cool for you.