Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Andrast posted:

I never liked the resource based dungeon-delving in Persona anyway since the punishment for doing badly at is not being able to do the actual great part of the game as much.
I would play a Persona visual novel

This is better though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

I feel like they made those way too easy to get and it trivializes the entire concept of SP limiting you, which is a shame.

It's basically the same as the fox in P4, but I know what you mean. Being super limited in the first palace because of SP puts more anxiety on the time limit, then after that it's not even a factor anymore.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
someone please hug makoto jesus christ

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

It's basically the same as the fox in P4, but I know what you mean. Being super limited in the first palace because of SP puts more anxiety on the time limit, then after that it's not even a factor anymore.

The fox in P4 was expensive enough that it required serious grinding to make use of, though. Vanilla P4 anyways, I'm fairly sure the price/rate was changed in P4G.

Here, I was able to buy two Adhesives before entering the second palace, put them on Joker and Morgana, and blazed through the next two palaces and all of the Mementos stuff that showed up in the interim without ever looking at my SP bars again.

Moltrey posted:

:yeah:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Moltrey posted:

be the change you want to see in the world, hug the best girl

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Moltrey posted:

what you mean like this

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

I just realized I've never seen any of the bad ends other than the obvious Big Decision ones in Persona games. Might have to go watch all of them after I finish the game.

What happens in Makoto's? Spoiler tags obviously.

It says they found a high school girl drugged in an illegal shop and when questioned she only replies with your name leading them to think you had a hand in causing this. Yakuza guy says you were blackmailing her and she goes to the police to denounce you personally (while still under the effects of drugs). Basically its implied that the gang kidnapped her, drugged her and sold her into prostitution (the "illegal shop") after you fail to pay them back.

It legit made me feel extremely uncomfortable. :(

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

How high do the SP adhesives go anyway? I bought the "3" variation for my main character, but should I hold out before buying more?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I don't have enough charm yet. :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Furnaceface posted:

It says they found a high school girl drugged in an illegal shop and when questioned she only replies with your name leading them to think you had a hand in causing this. Yakuza guy says you were blackmailing her and she goes to the police to denounce you personally (while still under the effects of drugs). Basically its implied that the gang kidnapped her, drugged her and sold her into prostitution (the "illegal shop") after you fail to pay them back.

Holy poo poo, I didn't know they went that in-depth, that's fuckin dark

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Night Blade posted:

How high do the SP adhesives go anyway? I bought the "3" variation for my main character, but should I hold out before buying more?

SP Adhesive 3 is the best, yeah. If you wait until you go up to rank 7 with the doctor she gives you a 50% discount on everything, so you should wait for that for sure. Otherwise, get one for your main character and at least one more for whoever you use as your primary healer, switching it around as needed for your mages or whatever. You can get four but tbh it's probably not necessary at all.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

poo poo, just reading that makes me feel really bad. Protect your dumb, anime teen friends, people.

Night Blade posted:

3 is as high as it goes. Something to keep in mind is that it doesn't stack with the skill Invigorate if they're the same tier. So for example, you can't use SP Adhesive 3 and Invigorate 3, but you can use SP Adhesive 3 and Invigorate 2, or vice versa. Because if you thought 7 SP per turn was great, 12 SP is even better.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Since they banned LP/clips of P5 on YT how will I know all the extra SL events if I don't date everyone? For 90% of games I just do one PT and watch events on YT <:mad:>

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

3 is as high as it goes. Something to keep in mind is that it doesn't stack with the skill Invigorate if they're the same tier. So for example, you can't use SP Adhesive 3 and Invigorate 3, but you can use SP Adhesive 3 and Invigorate 2, or vice versa. Because if you thought 7 SP per turn was great, 12 SP is even better.
Neko Shogun is so loving good during Dungeon 4 for this exact reason

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alder posted:

Since they banned LP/clips of P5 on YT how will I know all the extra SL events if I don't date everyone? For 90% of games I just do one PT and watch events on YT <:mad:>

Here's a hint: youtube

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Neko Shogun is so loving good during Dungeon 4 for this exact reason

I'm not going to lie, SP Adhesive 3, Invigorate 2, Regenerate 3 and all 3 Auto-Ma skills on one Persona felt super dirty, like I was cheating. Just walk into every fight with the party fully buffed and Joker always full on HP/SP.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

SP Adhesive 3 is the best, yeah. If you wait until you go up to rank 7 with the doctor she gives you a 50% discount on everything, so you should wait for that for sure. Otherwise, get one for your main character and at least one more for whoever you use as your primary healer, switching it around as needed for your mages or whatever. You can get four but tbh it's probably not necessary at all.

Yeah, that's what I did. bought one for 50k. Will probably buy more as Im swimming in cash right now.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Andrast posted:

Here's a hint: youtube

They made the guy delete all his videos for (c) strikes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Night Blade posted:

Yeah, that's what I did. bought one for 50k. Will probably buy more as Im swimming in cash right now.

You'll want 100k on hand to start the Star link, so keep that amount around as you head into mid-June.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alder posted:

They made the guy delete all his videos for (c) strikes.

You can find full movies and TV-shows on youtube, you will have no problem finding all the confidant stuff soon

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know they went that in-depth, that's fuckin dark

Part of me wants to load an old save to see what happens when you fail the other dungeons but I think Im at my limit for disturbing grimdark stories about teenagers right now.

Makoto needs a hug.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

This game displays oddly on my TV and I only now managed to figure out/bother to try and fix it, and drat if it doesn't make the UI look even better when it's not getting cut off. Game good.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

theblackw0lf posted:

Hold triangle during the battle results screen to make it go by faster.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

The Gorp posted:

I detest the Strength arcana.
I've come to the point where I need to look at a guide to do poo poo because I don't understand the deeper machinations of fusion and basically treat it like a lottery.
I'm legitimately thinking about just giving up on that arcana and the true ending for the first playthrough, which wouldn't suck nearly as much if the game wasn't 80 hours and going.

Use the fusion calculator app:
https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

JT Jag posted:

This is better though

There's a lot of VNs that take place in HS with stat-raisers like Tokimeki Memorial series. I played them when I was younger but they're a challenge to get into because endlessly farming activities is just as fun as it sounds on paper.

btw: Lol if you thought stat-checks in P5 were a pain you need something like 100/100 for 8 stats for a Good End.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Ah, Persona 4 Arena.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ah, Persona 4 Arena.
I played the first P4A, so my statement holds up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Hold onto this paper bag and bring it back next time you're here, buddy"
-3 Months Later-
"Here's that bag, buddy, I've been too much of a wimp to talk to you about fake guns since then even though I've been coming in here often"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 11, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Here's a handy way to make Mementos suck less: put on Rivers in the Desert. In fact, always be playing Rivers in the Desert.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The Mementos music reminds me of the menu BGM in WWF No Mercy. They just need to add someone rapping "dig dig diggity, dig diggity dog" on top of it and it'll be perfect.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I will hug (and date) Makoto

Now the teacher's gonna have to wait for NG+..

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Why not both?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I can't tell if fusion has a really high failure rate or if I'm just unlucky

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Arist posted:

Here's a handy way to make Mementos suck less: put on Rivers in the Desert. In fact, always be playing Rivers in the Desert.

When a cool drop of water's all I need...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I like how the MC in this says things

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

slev posted:

You're actually lucky because I hear fusion failure comes with a good scene that I really want to see, but i'm 40 hours in and I haven't got it. :(

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

And now I have Waifu paralysis. Sitting on the branching point with impossibly hot goth Asian doctor.

This is stupid.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Sea Sponge Run posted:

:yeah:

Don't cheat on your girlfriend. :colbert:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

slev posted:

I've failed one fusion in 60 hours and have fused a poo poo-ton of personas so...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

slev posted:

What is failing for you in fusion because as far as I'm aware that's not something that has a chance to fail, unless Fusion Accidents are back in but that's not really a failure since it's usually positive.