Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nessus posted:

Was that when Luthor was President?

I still have this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phylodox posted:

I still have this:

https://twitter.com/JohnClarke1960/status/847027487993401344

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Endless Mike posted:

Heavens to mergatroid! I can't believe they made Snagglepuss gay!!

But Mike, it feels right.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Nilbop posted:

Everyone there better be going "Oh man that's some heavy truth" rather than "Oooooh, too far man."

Doesn't that make him more qualified to talk about why it's a bad idea, though? Like, it'd be one thing if he was saying "sidekicks are totally a good idea and you should all have them," but he's saying "it's a bad idea, you shouldn't do it" and the response is "What, just because you tried it and had it go badly four times, you think I shouldn't try sticking my dick in this electrical socket?"

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
It's only been a few years since Grant Morrison did a pretty loving throw-back to Golden Age Superman's proletarian, grass-roots activism.

Also his arch-enemy is literally Capitalism With a Human Face.
I don't know what more you want from the guy.

Anyway this post wasn't funny, so enjoy a Doombot slumming it in Maine, from 1989's Punisher #28:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Doom just wanted to see the leaves changing.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Push El Burrito posted:

Doom just wanted to see the leaves changing.

Only the finest seasonal tourism for Joe Spiff.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

"Howard Johnson's? It is I: JOE SPIFF! I require a room, double bed! And be warned; if the ice machine is audible from my temporary sanctum, your misery shall be unending!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nessus posted:

Was that when Luthor was President?

I mean, I'd be down for President Superman, but that has far more to do with his proven track record of morality than his Super-Powers.

Reading the comics where Luthor was president were eerily prescient to the Trump presidency.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 11, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Reading the comics where Luthor was president were eerily prescient to the Trump presidency.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not really a funny panel on its own but I remember in some issue of Avengers with Spider-Man that he says you never land in the Savage Land, it's always a crash landing. So here is Spider-Man (and Angel and a woman who loves Sauron) crash-landing into the Savage Land his second time visiting, way back in Marvel Fanfare #1.

That's a giant pterosaur crashing into the helicopter if you're wondering. The first time Spider-Man went to the Savage Land he made it in without crash landing but a giant pterosaur still almost collided with his helicopter.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

She's trying damnit, that's her fetish!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Sexual Shiite posted:

When they say a picture is worth a thousand words, they weren't establishing an exchange rate. It's the funny panel thread, dumbass.

To be fair, going through four Robins makes Batman the expert.

In fact, he probably went through four Robins just so he could be the expert in case anyone ever asked him his views on child endangerment.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

ConfusedUs posted:

To be fair, going through four Robins makes Batman the expert.

In fact, he probably went through four Robins just so he could be the expert in case anyone ever asked him his views on child endangerment.

In some states, child abuse is tried in family court, not a criminal matter, so he's not even a crook!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Archyduke posted:

It's only been a few years since Grant Morrison did a pretty loving throw-back to Golden Age Superman's proletarian, grass-roots activism.

Also his arch-enemy is literally Capitalism With a Human Face.
I don't know what more you want from the guy.

I wish Action Comics was all about t-shirt Superman instead

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think "Superman beats up bankers" would probably get kind of boring after a few rounds

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

Luthor was elected in 2000. In 2000, this happened:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a funny (?) panel as well:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Red posted:

So that's why all of his women's faces look the same.

gently caress's sake.

I mean, whatever floats your boat; if you want to draw a titty, draw a titty, and if people want to look at that titty they'll look at that titty and if they don't they won't, but that's just insulting.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Breetai posted:

gently caress's sake.

I mean, whatever floats your boat; if you want to draw a titty, draw a titty, and if people want to look at that titty they'll look at that titty and if they don't they won't, but that's just insulting.

The green bar over the nipple (instead of a black bar, because she's a Hulk, you see) made me chuckle a little. Is that part of the original image, or something that was added later?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

The green bar over the nipple (instead of a black bar, because she's a Hulk, you see) made me chuckle a little. Is that part of the original image, or something that was added later?

It was added by somebody later.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

redbackground posted:

It was added by somebody later.

Ahaha that's great. The only redeeming thing about the picture and it's not even Cho's handiwork.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Injustice: Ground Zero

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Pancake Superman?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SilverSupernova posted:

Pancake Superman?

Not sure what it means exactly, but I think it means "goody goody; wholesome" in this case.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

Pancake Superman?

It's what Harley Quinn calls the Superman of the not-poo poo universe. She refers to all the alt-universe ones as Pancakes.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
That makes even less sense! :psyduck:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Keeshhound posted:

That makes even less sense! :psyduck:

Harley is the one providing the narrative boxes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flintstones #10 with its normal subtle commentary.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Is Donald Trump even president in DC? I thought incorporating real-world tragedies was more Marvel's shtick.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Is Donald Trump even president in DC? I thought incorporating real-world tragedies was more Marvel's shtick.

No, and the Clod thing is more a reference to bad leaders in general. In 200 years when someone's unearthing old Flinstones and they're looking at their dumb leader it'll resonate with them. Resonated with me for Aus Politics. Hell the person in that panel saying "I may have had a small part of this" was pretty responsible for Clod being as bad a leader as he was.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People will look on it in 200 years and say, man that is heavy handed and dumb.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

One of the best parts of Savage Dragon is that it takes place in real time with the real world, so you get crazy poo poo like Obama pardoning Dragon as one of his last acts in office, or this upcoming cover.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

CharlestheHammer posted:

People will look on it in 200 years and say, man that is heavy handed and dumb.
It's kind of terrifying to consider that the era where bad works of art would eventually just stop existing has passed. In 200 years someone will literally be able to read Worldwatch or Neonomicon and think about what those works existence says about the culture that created them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Breetai posted:

gently caress's sake.

Is this your first exposure to someone objectifying She Hulk?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Always hard to resist a dig at Claremont.

Marvel Fanfare #2

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Is this your first exposure to someone objectifying She Hulk?

Just as a reminder, one of the running gags of Byrne's She-Hulk was him threatening to make her jump rope naked. (And it eventually did happen ... with the rope blurs covering up the Comics Code Authority-defying bits.)

Doc Hawkins posted:

DC uses fictional presidents -- last I saw, Jonathan Horne was still prez, although that may have changed in Rebirth?

Marvel uses whoever's president in the real world. Which has its advantages and disadvantages -- see the instantly dated stories where Tony Stark was George W. Bush's secretary of defense, for instance.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
DC also had the greatest president of all time.

Edit: marvel also had both Pierre elliot Trudeau and Justin Trudeau too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Selachian posted:

Just as a reminder, one of the running gags of Byrne's She-Hulk was him threatening to make her jump rope naked. (And it eventually did happen ... with the rope blurs covering up the Comics Code Authority-defying bits.)

DC uses fictional presidents -- last I saw, Jonathan Horne was still prez, although that may have changed in Rebirth?

Marvel uses whoever's president in the real world. Which has its advantages and disadvantages -- see the instantly dated stories where Tony Stark was George W. Bush's secretary of defense, for instance.

Bill Clinton shows up in the Return of Superman. Cyborg Superman saves his life.