Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Shortest Path posted:

What is failing for you in fusion because as far as I'm aware that's not something that has a chance to fail, unless Fusion Accidents are back in but that's not really a failure since it's usually positive.

They are, and have a fantastic cutscene, but they're rare as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I will hug (and date) Makoto

Now the teacher's gonna have to wait for NG+..

Wait I thought the teacher wasnt a romance option, just like the doctor. If this is the case then I might push Makoto to NG+...

And Im going to need NG+ because I hosed up my timing and Im way behind in my stats and didnt realize you cant work on your team mates SLinks once you secure a path to the treasure (the only option that pops up is send calling card :argh:).

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Furnaceface posted:

Wait I thought the teacher wasnt a romance option, just like the doctor. If this is the case then I might push Makoto to NG+...

And Im going to need NG+ because I hosed up my timing and Im way behind in my stats and didnt realize you cant work on your team mates SLinks once you secure a path to the treasure (the only option that pops up is send calling card :argh:).

All of the ladies besides Sae and the twins (thank God) are romanceable.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The teacher and the doctor are both romance options.

Don't date your teacher, that's weird. Just keep paying her to show up in a maid outfit and give you special massages

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Furnaceface posted:

Doctor and Teacher are romance options.

Only female links you can't romance are the Velvet Room twins and Sae.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Adults shouldn't date high chool students

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

The doctor is also a romance option.

Is there a part in the confidant where Kawakami become really good? Because although I like her and enjoy just how bitter and done she is with everything, i've kind of put her link on the backburner in favour of other confidants and she seems to be a lot of people's favourite.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is there a part in the confidant where Kawakami become really good? Because although I like her and enjoy just how bitter and done she is with everything, i've kind of put her link on the backburner in favour of other confidants and she seems to be a lot of people's favourite.

She has some of the best mechanical benefits in the game, letting you multitask (for free at max rank) and also can give you massages (at max rank) that restore your evening action after a Palace or Memento dive. Also gives you some free time in class to read or make infiltration tools on set days.

Uh, honestly her link is pretty so-so overall and really mostly feels like an excuse to get your teacher into a maid outfit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The story of an underpaid and unappreciated teacher getting poo poo on by the administration really resonated with me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The story of an underpaid and unappreciated teacher getting poo poo on by the administration really resonated with me

I agree, people really didn't appreciate Kamoshida enough

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sadayo's story in general is really good, there's no magic moment where it just happens. It either resonates with you or it doesn't.

Andrast posted:

I agree, people really didn't appreciate Kamoshida enough

This doesn't work as a joke

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

This doesn't work as a joke

Like that has ever stopped anyone

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

... That isn't her story at all though?

She's being extorted by the lovely family of a student she used to tutor. People started spreading rumors because she spent so much time with him and he ended up dying while texting her driving to his job after she stopped.

Then she went into sex work to pay the increasingly outrageous demands for money from his step-parents so they wouldn't report her? And then they learn she's a sex maid and blackmail her with that when you manage to talk her into quitting

Also the other teachers and students dislike her because she's bitter and blows off work ASAP to go work her night job.

Zore fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 11, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The latter stuff you said is half a lie that you took seriously.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Starting the Judgment Confidant:
It's a lot more fun when you've been powering Priestess as much as possible because you're going to date the best girl, knowing the MC must be thinking "would I be getting this power if I *wasn't* dating her sister?...

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You're actually lucky because I hear fusion failure comes with a good scene that I really want to see, but i'm 40 hours in and I haven't got it. :(

Is it where the twins take a chainsaw to the shadows when the guillotine fails?

I had it happen twice during a Velvet room session. Made me go "What the fuuuuuuuckkkkk?!" out loud cause I had no idea.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Sadayo's story in general is really good, there's no magic moment where it just happens. It either resonates with you or it doesn't.

Gotcha. Just thought I might've been missing out on a really good scene by keeping her on rank 4 for so long.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Is it where the twins take a chainsaw to the shadows when the guillotine fails?

I had it happen twice during a Velvet room session. Made me go "What the fuuuuuuuckkkkk?!" out loud cause I had no idea.

Yeah, I think that's it. It sounds good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just hit 80 hours and I haven't failed one fusion.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Kawakami's link bonuses are amazing even if her story isnt the most compelling she is being blackmailed. The extra time to do other things during her class pays off immediately and I imagine the massages opening up nights after hitting up palaces being pretty huge for finishing off some of the evening confidants.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I'd better sleep on this very important decision of romancing a fake anime doctor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Night Blade posted:

I'd better sleep on this very important decision of romancing a fake anime doctor.

You should do it

I'm gonna do it

I'm gonna do everyone who isn't Chihaya actually
I haven't met the child, but he's not an option too, obviously

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you aren't dating everyone at once why are you even playing this game smdh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will date one woman and be friends with the rest of them, I think.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
RIP Robbie Daymond, you did alright as Goro for the most part, but you were no Hoshi

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:eyepop:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

RIP Robbie Daymond, you did alright as Goro for the most part, but you were no Hoshi

You're a piece of poo poo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:yeah:

Makoto4lyfe

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

You're a piece of poo poo

The writing for some of his scenes was pretty great, but his delivery on some lines leaves much to be desired.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i liked robbie don't be mean to him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will be mean in the same way I am mean about Makoto's voice, but Daymond's voice at least fits his character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

After playing through almost the entire game I still have absolutely no problems with Makoto's voice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have done the same in both languages and have problems in both languages with her voice.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
That's weird. Makoto's voice is good imo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Her voice is slightly odd but it's still fine and way better than Chie's english voice in og P4.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would rather have another OG Chie

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:chloe:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The original Chie was good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You're a good man

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAefGu7EIOk

Every minute of every day, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dub's fine for the most part though, I dislike maybe two voices in the main cast and everyone else sounds either really good or at least fine. It even made one of the more nothing characters in the game fun to listen to. Still gonna throw it on JP on second playthrough though because most of the JP cast is stellar.