Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Fixit posted:

Is that something if you get the master to lvl 8? How do others achieve this so quickly? Each quest does not give much xp.

Masters at lvl 8 will randomly have a unique item for sale.

As for how to get them to lvl 8 in the first place, hang out in global 820/beg guild members/pay for missions? :shrug:
I've never gotten close to lvl 8 on any of my masters in any league.

vvv Totally forgot about the prophecies. Getting triple XP really helps.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Fixit posted:

Is that something if you get the master to lvl 8? How do others achieve this so quickly? Each quest does not give much xp.

Join masters rotas every day, if you want a faster 8 buy those prophecies that give more xp for a mission.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Fixit posted:

Yes, level 8 masters. You get more xp the higher the level, so high-level maps give more. Also prophecies giving bonus exp. And then there's joining dailies groups. I got Vorici to 8 the other day without doing groups though, so it's not all that quickly. Just playing a lot!

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Ah ok. Will look into joining a rotation and the prophecies. I'm not in the goon guild, every time it seems full but will message someone tonight to see if I can get in.

Is the unique they sell random daily/after each map/interaction?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Fixit posted:

Ah ok. Will look into joining a rotation and the prophecies. I'm not in the goon guild, every time it seems full but will message someone tonight to see if I can get in.

Is the unique they sell random daily/after each map/interaction?

There is 20 spots free right so post your character name here, and someone will send an invite.

Completely random, and they dont always sell one.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Bugsy posted:

There is 20 spots free right so post your character name here, and someone will send an invite.

Completely random, and they dont always sell one.

Will do so tonight when I get home. Tax season is almost over so will be able to focus more rather than just playing with my brain turned off.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rakeris posted:

So if I just got a skyforth to drop, what build should I do that is complacently broken with them?

Skyforth doesn't break anything it's just really good for a CI-Crit-VP build, which is currently one of the most common build types. It gives power charges even on bosses, prevents stuns, reduces mana reservation so you can probably fit in another aura if you take mana reservation nodes from the tree(which are right next to CI and VP), AND it has max movespeed.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Bugsy posted:

I'd like a guild invite! My character name is PeewiSkeleton.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Mana reservation, easy power charges against single targets, and stun management are all things that people use an item slot or multiple sockets to get one of. Having that all packed into a pair of boots, which is one of the lowest contention item slots, is pretty stupid. Throw in 30% move speed and 120 flat mana because hey why not.

You can't call it broken because it doesn't do anything new that could break something. It's just a stupidly powerful stack of pre-existing benefits that contributes to an already overused playstyle with an extremely negligible downside. It's a poo poo item design-wise compared to something like abyssus or kaom's heart.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Mana reservation, easy power charges against single targets, and stun management are all things that people use an item slot or multiple sockets to get one of. Having that all packed into a pair of boots, which is one of the lowest contention item slots, is pretty stupid. Throw in 30% move speed and 120 flat mana because hey why not.

You can't call it broken because it doesn't do anything new that could break something. It's just a stupidly powerful stack of pre-existing benefits that contributes to an already overused playstyle with an extremely negligible downside. It's a poo poo item design-wise compared to something like abyssus or kaom's heart.

Why do you say it's poo poo design wise? Just because it's boring or too many good things on one item or what?

e: V Makes sense, thanks!

BobbyK fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 10, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It's too many good things on one item. You don't want anything to always be the answer to "what should I do", since that means anything you create is either poo poo compared to it or has to surpass it. An ideal scenario is a wide variety of options that fit different builds or play styles.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Right. It's the giant stack of upside with the pitiful downside that really does it. Abyssus for instance doesn't add any fundamentally new mechanics to the game either, but it's interesting because it has huge up and downsides that you have to work your build around.

Skyforth, the downside is no life regen and I guess "you need lot of mana to avoid stuns" both of which are almost implicitly addressed by a build that would want to wear the item. It'd be like Kaom's Heart providing 500 hp and 2000 armor and a 6link, with a downside like 50% less mana. Sure it's technically a negative but almost no huge life build is going to give a poo poo about it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dev Q+A part 4

quote:

I was wondering if there has been any consideration of a form of a side pouch for dedicated currency pickup, as inventory slots are valuable and I usually can't afford to carry all the currency that would otherwise enhance my experience of maps and such without sacrificing that space I would otherwise need.

This is a cool idea that the community occasionally suggests. I haven't talked to the team about it recently but it sounds like the kind of thing that would be considered for a later expansion.

I'd be down with this plus a button to pick up all nearby currency automatically (picking up all the coins from a Perandus Coffer blows donkey dicks).

quote:

Why are bosses given complete immunity to certain ailments rather than "reduced effectiveness" or "Unaffected by X"? The latter prevents bosses from being trivialized, while also not gimping legitimate builds that rely on targets simply being under those ailments.

The team intend to tone down or remove outright immunities, potentially as early as 3.0.0. This requires other solutions to the same problems, which are under development.

Good to hear

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Vasudus posted:

This is the first league that I've shaped my atlas and I'm not sure I'm going to do it again. I like the variety, even if some maps are fuckers.

i'd probably do the t11+t12 shaping again and then unlock most maps in t13+. maybe instead of an optimized atlas i'd just skip the lovely maps (crematorium, dark forest both come to mind)

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I am in game under the name KimberlyHeart. Could I please get a guild invite?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Autopickup for low currencies would destroy their value so I'm curious to see the results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if low currency only retains any value because people dont pick them up i think thats more of a problem with the currency sinks than anything else

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Do actual people even pick it up tho? I've just assumed its 99% bots picking up wisdom scrolls and alts and poo poo and reselling them.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
That's not the only reason it retains value obviously but you can see how stuff like trans orbs will probably plummet if everyone gets like 20 more each map run

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I would settle for a "when you click to pick up a currency item, you also pick up the same items nearby" function, like how Diablo 3 does it with gems.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I played too much D2 to leave anything gold on the floor :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Squee posted:

Do actual people even pick it up tho? I've just assumed its 99% bots picking up wisdom scrolls and alts and poo poo and reselling them.
Just early on, I think. I know I don't bother about it when I get to the point of spamming maps.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I try to remember to pick up at least one portal scroll so I don't run out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oodles posted:

I always run out :argh: and then bulk buy them from some guys who keep thousands of them in stock.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Would an EK Nova build be fine with a phys to light Vinktars? On a bit of a budget, so it would be nice.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Oodles posted:

portal gem supremacy.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Acht posted:

Would an EK Nova build be fine with a phys to light Vinktars? On a bit of a budget, so it would be nice.

yeah that's the ghudda classic, still works like a charm

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
portal cast time slows down clear speed and this is unacceptable

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Qual and Vaal for 23% then, bitch

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Lungboy posted:

I played too much D2 to leave anything gold on the floor :(

When I was bored in D2 I'd make a game called Free Stuff and fill Rogue Encampment with 1 gold stacks. People would join and, though they would have run by measly 1000 gold stacks in Hell A4, would see hundreds of piles of 1g and spend time picking up all of them as fast as I could throw them out.

I'm sure there's some economics principle to be extrapolated from that but I'm not smart enough to isolate it.

J
Jun 10, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Qual and Vaal for 23% then, bitch

Put it in your essence of insanity gloves too

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

That's not the only reason it retains value obviously but you can see how stuff like trans orbs will probably plummet if everyone gets like 20 more each map run

oh no, currency traders won't be able to make fat stacks off their transmute/aug trades :( :(. If they did the vacuum loot for tp,wisdom,transmutes,augs,whetstones, and armor scraps I think it wouldn't be that awful. Then again we are creeping closer to diablo 3 ease of play territory which is what this game tries to avoid.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I pick up all that stuff but I also am still leveling and have no currency and am not at endgame yet on my first character in the league so maybe you aren't considering that niche. ;)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
If they do implement that currency bag idea I'll accept having to click every orb as a compromise.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

oh no, currency traders won't be able to make fat stacks off their transmute/aug trades :( :(. If they did the vacuum loot for tp,wisdom,transmutes,augs,whetstones, and armor scraps I think it wouldn't be that awful. Then again we are creeping closer to diablo 3 ease of play territory which is what this game tries to avoid.

Currency traders will still make fat stacks because there will still be margins, I'm interested who you guys think would be hit by this change. Casual players who right now pick up low currencies which more hardcore players just buy from them in bulk, or will this actually be a boon to them because they'll waste less time on low value/time playstyles

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Alright friends, I need your help with challenges. I've got a few ex to finish these off to hit 36, but not sure of the best way to get them.

Invaders: Alpha Paradisae - supposedly spawns in Southern Forest / City of Sarn / Vault, but I'm 40 runs in and no luck so far. Is this just RNG loving me?

Warbands: Otesha is a Mutewind, so she should show up in Sulphur Wastes, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Talisman Bosses: I have 4 left here; are they tied to any specific tileset, or is it just dumpstering level 2 talismans into circles until I get lucky?

Twinned Maps: I don't think I have enough grind time to get to Zana 8, is it more worth it to roll these maps or just buy them?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

J posted:

Put it in your essence of insanity gloves too

linked to faster casting and level 4 enhance.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

interrodactyl posted:

Alright friends, I need your help with challenges. I've got a few ex to finish these off to hit 36, but not sure of the best way to get them.

Invaders: Alpha Paradisae

Twinned Maps: I don't think I have enough grind time to get to Zana 8, is it more worth it to roll these maps or just buy them?

You can find invasions in trade chat, and just roll blue maps to get twinned.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Oh I had a random question...skill gems found while leveling, I'm pretty sure nearly all of them that have no superior quality are worthless, is there a smallish list of gems I should be keeping cause they're hard to find? I did find a detonate mines which is not findable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Oh I had a random question...skill gems found while leveling, I'm pretty sure nearly all of them that have no superior quality are worthless, is there a smallish list of gems I should be keeping cause they're hard to find? I did find a detonate mines which is not findable?

white gems, added chaos damage, empower (usually worth several c unleveled), enlighten (same), enhance.

• Locked thread