Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine a company so lovely that freezing Danielson's contract for months because they wouldn't clear him isn't even in the top 5 of lovely things they've done recently.

Bringing him back to TV for a non-wrestling role right when he was about to start college was a pretty gross move tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Spermgod posted:

i dont care

Bring back your Nakano avatar

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

Aside from all the other things like Ric not being in the locker room or a Vince puppet, there is a huge difference for Ric getting thrown out of a bar for a singular verbal altercation and JBL being an ongoing source of workplace harassment.

Yeah, he might not going after Ric that hard in this instance, but acting like the two stories are anywhere close to comparable is ridiculous.

Who said otherwise? Ric still gets preferential treatment. Took Meltzer 24 hours to report on the airport story last year. Dismissed it as a non-story then shortly thereafter Ric was removed from WWE TV.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

super macho dude posted:

Bring back your Nakano avatar
:same:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

worms

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Spermgod posted:

i dont care

Im glad you let us know

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Junpei Hyde posted:

Im glad you let us know

no problem

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

rovert posted:

Who said otherwise? Ric still gets preferential treatment. Took Meltzer 24 hours to report on the airport story last year. Dismissed it as a non-story then shortly thereafter Ric was removed from WWE TV.

You said otherwise. You made that dumb comparison. It was you rovert it was you all along.

Also I don't think anyone cares if Flair gets preferential treatment.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Web Jew.0 posted:

You said otherwise. You made that dumb comparison. It was you rovert it was you all along.

Also I don't think anyone cares if Flair gets preferential treatment.

Yeah I mean Flair isn't a full time employee who is on wwe every single week like JBL. Flair acting like a dick at a bar has nothing to do with wwe, unless Vince and the corporate culture at wwe somehow has enough influence on people to make them be lovely to people in everyday life.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I mean Flair isn't a full time employee who is on wwe every single week like JBL. Flair acting like a dick at a bar has nothing to do with wwe, unless Vince and the corporate culture at wwe somehow has enough influence on people to make them be lovely to people in everyday life.

Also yelling at someone in a bar is a bit different than orchestrating the theft of someone's passport while they're in another country, but I don't think Rovert understands that.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The plane ride from hell flair's bar troubles are not.

Also considering the last time I remember Flair having an incident like this also involved him getting punched by a son-in-law, and was covered on the site.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I don't doubt that Dave has favoritism but I think it's also a little unfair to go after someone for their "demons" in the case of Flair. I don't know that Flair is an alcoholic. but alcohol has certainly been a key factor in a lot of his problems, so I would certainly be a little more hesitant to throw someone over the coals in that case.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What is there to expand upon beyond "Ric Flair got kicked out of a bar for being a dick"

I mean, everyone is well aware of Ric Flair and his reputation. What purpose is there to broach the topic now?

I'm not saying Dave doesn't have biases because he most certainly does, but this is such a retarded hill to die on. There's really nothing groundbreaking in 2017 about Ric Flair being a drunkard.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 11, 2017

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
is this another phantom pants making GBS threads thing you're going to harass Dave on twitter about incessantly? Well? Did Ric poo poo his pants after being kicked out of the bar or not? I gotta know!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lid posted:

Bryan Alvarez making a pretty clear, and good, argument that Okada is the Most Outstanding Wrestler of 2017 and it isn't even close. It's April and he's already had three five star matches with three different opponents who all wrestle different styles.

I've only seen one of those matches and it was in January, and, I'm fine with just giving him the award now.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the latest retro observer has a piece worth reading about when vic grimes almost killed new jack when his 400 pound rear end landed on new jacks head from a 13 foot drop

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 11, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It also covers WWE looking to leave USA Network, and how USA would potentially fill that gap on Mondays. It's kinda surreal reading about whether WCW will move to USA if the AOL/Time Warner merger knocks them off the air (and how easily its losses could be absorbed by that merged giant), or how ECW could move to USA but would have to hugely up its game.

There's also a ton of talk about wrestlings' appeal to the valued younger demographics, which is kinda hilarious 17 years later when the same people from that demo are still there but, y'know, 17 years older now.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

DERBY TALK 48:40

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

DERBY TALK 48:40

:hellyeah:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Kenny got banned from WOL :wave:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Capsaicin posted:

Kenny got banned from WOL :wave:

Omega?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Kenny in Galletin Tennessee.

Up there with Ryan from Cumberland as worst of the worst callers.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Did anyone listen live and hear what he did? Bryan edited it out of the show.

Then again, who cares?

Oh man, who was the guy who called in and started talking about Taker retiring in his thirty-third year of wrestling being a reference to Jesus dying at 33? Was it Ryan? Amazing.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Did anyone listen live and hear what he did? Bryan edited it out of the show.

Then again, who cares?

Oh man, who was the guy who called in and started talking about Taker retiring in his thirty-third year of wrestling being a reference to Jesus dying at 33? Was it Ryan? Amazing.

That was Ryan. Kenny just called in and did a super-rapid fire Torch plug at the top of his voice and then started calling Bryan and Semp bigger bullies than JBL on the board.

Edit: Note that Ryan apparently spent 45 minutes on hold waiting to ask that question.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody will ever remove James from Kentucky from the top spot as either best or worst caller.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

Nobody will ever remove James from Kentucky from the top spot as either best or worst caller.

James owned because he took his feud to other shows.

Alex from Puerto Rico was the actual worst caller.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

whiteyfats posted:

Was it Steve Blackman that totally punked out JBL?

I think Blackman was gonna bum rush him as a meeting concluded but Bob Holly talked him out of it.

Joey Styles definitely wrecked JBL

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

John from Florida (I think) was the worst, the guy who has a long preamble and then two preliminary questions before getting to his actual question

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

Was he the one with the garbage reception?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Now if only they could get of sempervive

First fuckin line on the show on which he serves as lackey cohost is "oh, you're gonna let me talk now? :qq: " followed by a bunch of meaningless word salad

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

Was he the one with the garbage reception?

I think Alex was the guy who would walk to a payphone to call in

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

whiteyfats posted:

Dynamite DaveTM

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Alex is the cat who didn't understand that WCW was legit going under, right? Jesus, that call :catstare:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
James was always the worst to me. Combination of his accent, mental issues, and creepy way of talking about women. Bleh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Alex is the cat who didn't understand that WCW was legit going under, right? Jesus, that call :catstare:

No Alex was the guy who called from a payphone to ask really boring, basic questions.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
It's "The Ultimate Thrill Ride™": Sidewalk Slam for WrestleMania is live.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Please god don't let this start any poo poo, but.
Yikes, OSW Review podcast about the Hall of Fame show has some really blatantly lovely opinions.

One of them went off about how racial equality was brought up in Teddy's induction speech and how pointing out that he's different because he's black is actually racist itself.
Also complained about Beth bringing up women's equality in her speech because it had "nothing to do with wrestling," despite being a driving force in the narrative about WWE women for the last year or two.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hot take: The last two OSW episodes have been poo poo

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sleepwalkers posted:

Please god don't let this start any poo poo, but.
Yikes, OSW Review podcast about the Hall of Fame show has some really blatantly lovely opinions.

One of them went off about how racial equality was brought up in Teddy's induction speech and how pointing out that he's different because he's black is actually racist itself.
Also complained about Beth bringing up women's equality in her speech because it had "nothing to do with wrestling," despite being a driving force in the narrative about WWE women for the last year or two.

The OSW guys have been getting weirdly overtly right-wing obnoxious recently. Its weird and offputting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

OSW has been bad awhile and I'm hesitant to say was always bad. Hearing the Attitude era guys really made me look at them different.

• Locked thread