Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm amazed at how far I've managed to get through the second and third dungeons within a few days. I think I shotgunned the third in a period of three total dives or something. I guess I'm better at managing SP than I thought.

Is coffee the only reliable way to restore SP? I often rely on Joker to cover weaknesses 'n poo poo, leading to him losing most of the SP per run. I'm still in P4-endgame mode where I think I can steamroll everything. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I nowhere near the end of the game (about to start the 4th Palace), but does the same stuff carry over to NG+ as in P4G? Planning on getting all my stats up this playthrough, then 100% the rest of the trophies and such for NG+ and finishing up confidants/compendium.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man Mishima's rank 5 is a hoot.

"Check out this almost real looking gun I got, I feel so confident now!"

(You can feel Mishima's desperation.)

"What's up loser!"

"Oh haha hello.."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo the Morning Star animation is super good

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm not sure if I like this version or the one with vocals better.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Pollyanna posted:

I'm amazed at how far I've managed to get through the second and third dungeons within a few days. I think I shotgunned the third in a period of three total dives or something. I guess I'm better at managing SP than I thought.

Is coffee the only reliable way to restore SP? I often rely on Joker to cover weaknesses 'n poo poo, leading to him losing most of the SP per run. I'm still in P4-endgame mode where I think I can steamroll everything. :downs:

Coffee and random items, yeah.

If you haven't already, beeline the Death SL - at SL 5 she sells SP-restoring accessories, and at rank 7 she slashes all her prices by half.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Man Mishima's rank 5 is a hoot.

"Check out this almost real looking gun I got, I feel so confident now!"

(You can feel Mishima's desperation.)

"What's up loser!"

"Oh haha hello.."

I want to like Mishima but his puppy-dog eyes and stylishly useless belts can only do so much with that personality.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Aren't those suspenders, Ryuji doesn't wear them either

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mishima amuses the hell out of me.

Do I have to do more Mementos before I can hang out with him more? The last couple times I've tried to hang out with him after rank 2, he just talks about Mementos requests. (Well, except for ~*~Operation Maidwatch~*~ of course.)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Also, I read that the game effectively ends in late December, with everything afterwards being nothing but plot and timeskips. Is that legit, because that seems to give P5 a really short timeframe, especially considering the fact that Morgana keeps loving with my schedule.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The best song is 'Ark'.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The game's last playable events are on 12/24.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm starting to get into requests that require actual footwork to get the names for, and they're starting to require spending time. I don't have time to spend, game! There's shogi to be played!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is there a point in upgrading and customizing guns? I mean I like Iwai but I've never used them outside of hitting weaknesses.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Arist posted:

Yeah idk either but I've seen it in multiple places
It sounds like something that was translated from Japanese, and Meguro uses what I assume is the same phrase in his commentary in the liner notes. I imagine it's a working title, or maybe something someone cooked up to conceal that there's a non-instrumental version.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

The game's last playable events are on 12/24.

I am discontent with this news.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Also, I read that the game effectively ends in late December, with everything afterwards being nothing but plot and timeskips. Is that legit, because that seems to give P5 a really short timeframe, especially considering the fact that Morgana keeps loving with my schedule.

If that's the case, then it's the same as the original release of Persona 4. Persona 4, pre-Golden, ended in December as well--12/24 was the last day to do the (normal) final dungeon. Golden added January. To be fair the true ending in P4 has one more dungeon you have to do in one day in March, but no other playable days, just the dungeon. Persona 3 ended in January, I think.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please stay tuned for the definitive edition: Persona 5 Platinum

Coming to NA Q2 2018 Q4 2018 Q2 2019 Q3 2019 Q2 2020 Summer 2020 Holiday Season 2020 Spring 2021 more information available soon!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Oxxidation posted:

Doc Morbid posted:

That is still no excuse for my godawful time management on this run, though. I have no idea how I managed to waste so many days on nothing.

It's the cat's fault

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 11, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Oxxidation posted:

Yeah, I wasn't too pleased when I found that out. For some reason I was under the impression that you have time to do stuff after that date (like in P4 Golden) but obviously that wasn't the case.

That is still no excuse for my godawful time management on this run, though. I have no idea how I managed to waste so many days on nothing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Please stay tuned for the definitive edition: Persona 5 Platinum

So what character are they going to create and shoehorn in as a "this is the real love interest" social link whose confidant you have to max to get the extra dungeon?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Harrow posted:

So what character are they going to create and shoehorn in as a "this is the real love interest" social link whose confidant you have to max to get the extra dungeon?

Metis making a comeback.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Persona 5 Golden's ex dungeon has to be the MC's palace because he is hooking up with 9 girls at the same time. Honestly it is this game's one black mark that it isn't there in the first place

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Seeing a lot of black bars about end dates and such. I take it that the game's about as long as P3/4, then? Was hoping they'd extend it a bit, especially cause there's a lot more poo poo to do and you seem very pressed for time in this game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Seeing a lot of black bars about end dates and such. I take it that the game's about as long as P3/4, then? Was hoping they'd extend it a bit, especially cause there's a lot more poo poo to do and you seem very pressed for time in this game.

It's all the fault of that drat cat.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I tried to edit my avatar to be Persona 5 and it sucks I think

That's 20 minutes I'm not seeing again

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Oxxidation posted:

Metis making a comeback.

I would rather have Labrys show up out of nowhere, if anyone.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Specifically date spoiler, no other spoilers: your last normal day of gameplay is the same as it is in the original release of Persona 4.

As for time crunch stuff, they added a few things (specifically confidants) that help you do other things faster. (Confidant Arcana in the spoilers, not names) Temperance, when maxed, lets you do something at night after you go to the Metaverse, for example, while Fortune makes it easier to increase social stats and other confidant ranks.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Deified Data posted:

Yo guys there's a reason they give you XX days to complete dungeons - you're supposed to do them in bits. Put your inner perfectionist in check and pace yourselves.

Not telling you how to play but I keep reading posts like "getting sick of long rear end dungeons I feel compelled to complete in one day". They're not actually long, they have a bunch of handy checkpoints generously scattered throughout and you can leave and go back any time you want. The game begs to be played this way. I'm only taking one more trip to the dungeons than you guys and that's enough to get me to look forward to it.

But if I clear dungeons in a day that gives me time to hang out with Becky in the evening!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Serf posted:

It's all the fault of that drat cat.

Kiiiiinda worried about the rest of the game now. Not sure if it's strictly an improvement over P4G so far, I'm not as impressed as I'd hoped to be.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Harrow posted:

Morgana will turn into a smokin' hot human lady that needs to learn how to love.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

TheFireMagi posted:

I would rather have Labrys show up out of nowhere, if anyone.
Oh right. I almost forgot this is a setting with magic robots in it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Captain Baal posted:

I got my Big Bad Lucifer, time to finish the game.

I haven't finished yet, but thanks to having maxed out the Wardens I was able to get a Level 81 Raphael while MC was only Level 59. For the low, low cost of 180k!

Having Heat Rise, Charge, and Sword Dance for palace 7 shenanigans was a little ridiculous. I managed to shank the boss for like 1.7k and I was laughing with glee when a loving achievement popped up for doing so.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna posted:

Kiiiiinda worried about the rest of the game now. Not sure if it's strictly an improvement over P4G so far, I'm not as impressed as I'd hoped to be.

Harrow posted:

Specifically date spoiler, no other spoilers: your last normal day of gameplay is the same as it is in the original release of Persona 4.

As for time crunch stuff, they added a few things (specifically confidants) that help you do other things faster. (Confidant Arcana in the spoilers, not names) Temperance, when maxed, lets you do something at night after you go to the Metaverse, for example, while Fortune makes it easier to increase social stats and other confidant ranks.

Blocking those first spoilers with my hand...what Confidants should I prioritize if I'm planning on a second, FFWD playthrough to see what I missed the first time? Sounds like those last two are important, though I haven't even found the first one yet.

Serf
May 5, 2011

So what I'm hearing is that I need to use Fridays and Saturdays to grind up Temperance ASAP for time maximization?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Counting the time-saving confidants, Persona 5 is a bit more lenient with social links and social stats than 3 or 4. While it still takes effort to max everything, chances are you'll be able to max everything that really interests you on a first playthrough without much trouble (unless, of course, "everything that really interests you" is "everything in the game").

Personally I think everything else is so much better than Persona 4 (even Golden) that I'm pretty drat pleased. At least as far as gameplay is concerned. It's too early for me to make any judgments about the story.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Saint Freak posted:

Morgana will turn into a smokin' hot human lady that needs to learn how to love.

You mean smoking hot human dude (that we won't be able to date).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Pollyanna posted:

Blocking those first spoilers with my hand...what Confidants should I prioritize if I'm planning on a second, FFWD playthrough to see what I missed the first time? Sounds like those last two are important, though I haven't even found the first one yet.

Temperance, Fortune, Death (to rank 7), and maybe Sun and Star so dungeon crawling is less painful

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 11, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Final Boss spoilers That summoning never stops being the most satisfying thing in the world especially when the bullet goes right through Yaldy's fuckin' glass skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Harrow posted:

Counting the time-saving confidants, Persona 5 is a bit more lenient with social links and social stats than 3 or 4. While it still takes effort to max everything, chances are you'll be able to max everything that really interests you on a first playthrough without much trouble (unless, of course, "everything that really interests you" is "everything in the game").

Personally I think everything else is so much better than Persona 4 (even Golden) that I'm pretty drat pleased. At least as far as gameplay is concerned. It's too early for me to make any judgments about the story.

Oh gameplay is definitely better, but it feels much more railroady and like it just assumes you'll be playing through multiple times. I hear that there's only one ending anyway, so there's relatively little reason to do so if you're not strictly interested in discovering all the content. That's disappointing.