Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
You still have to buy the drat things in order to store them in the device's memory though, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Alter Ego posted:

You still have to buy the drat things in order to store them in the device's memory though, right?

No you just download like 540 byte .bin files and upload/swap them to a little reusable plastic disc called a power tag.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 11, 2017

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9I1w91JiU

Someone explain to me why the bomb isn't hurting him.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Interested in the powersave thing so I'll stop by a gamestop and pick one up if it's this easy to get the bonus items.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

No you just download like 540 byte .bin files and upload/swap them to a little reusable plastic disc called a power tag.

I read the explanation over and over, and I still don't quite get how this works.

E: Never mind. Found a good YouTube video of it.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 11, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

MokBa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9I1w91JiU

Someone explain to me why the bomb isn't hurting him.

Because putting a bomb into the minecarts slot makes it go without hurting you. That's just how they work. Same with cannons. How have you been getting them to move if not with bombs?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Furious Lobster posted:

Interested in the powersave thing so I'll stop by a gamestop and pick one up if it's this easy to get the bonus items.

It is though thanks to RNG you might not get the drops you want and you'll have to keep trying.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Furious Lobster posted:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307

LOL looks like they upped the price $5 in the past week. What ever. You can grab the bins from this website called NFC Bank.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alter Ego posted:

I read the explanation over and over, and I still don't quite get how this works.

amiibos are just bad toys with NFC tags in them that hold a code that's basically just 4 numbers/letters, thankfully NFC isn't some proprietary technology and a bunch of other poo poo uses it. You can even use a smart phone and NFC tags to "write" the amiibo code to the NFC tag and have it act exactly like a legit amiibo would.

Anyway, the PowerSaves/Powertag device is just an NFC writer and a disc that's a readable/writable NFC tag, the codes for the amiibo are collected online and you just download the code of whatever amiibo you want to spoof and load it onto the tag. Press the tag against the console and it reads the amiibo code and acts accordingly.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

El Burbo posted:

Because putting a bomb into the minecarts slot makes it go without hurting you. That's just how they work. Same with cannons. How have you been getting them to move if not with bombs?

With stasis and not very well. I barely ever played around with the minecarts but BOY HOWDY THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

s.i.r.e. posted:

amiibos are just bad toys with NFC tags in them that hold a code that's basically just 4 numbers/letters, thankfully NFC isn't some proprietary technology and a bunch of other poo poo uses it. You can even use a smart phone and NFC tags to "write" the amiibo code to the NFC tag and have it act exactly like a legit amiibo would.

Anyway, the PowerSaves/Powertag device is just an NFC writer and a disc that's a readable/writable NFC tag, the codes for the amiibo are collected online and you just download the code of whatever amiibo you want to spoof and load it onto the tag. Press the tag against the console and it reads the amiibo code and acts accordingly.

Yeah and the Powersave thing has some other cool features like randomizing the serial number like I mentioned so you can use it more than once per day (as the ripped bin files have what ever serial number was ripped with it I imagine).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MokBa posted:

With stasis and not very well. I barely ever played around with the minecarts but BOY HOWDY THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

:same: I just stasis the hell out of them all this time. Honestly, the Gordon cannons worked with bombs so I have no idea why it never occurred to me to try them on the carts. I guess it just wasn't well defined on the cart design? That slot I always took as the front of the cart.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I thought the bomb-slots were just fancy cowcatcher-type decorations, it wasn't until I saw someone here mentioning using bombs that I realized what they were

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Bum the Sad posted:

Seems like I could just snag almost any rewritable NFC tag and use it, right? I'm not finding Power Tags online but there sure are a lot of Samsung TecTiles for sale.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ProjektorBoy posted:

Seems like I could just snag almost any rewritable NFC tag and use it, right? I'm not finding Power Tags online but there sure are a lot of Samsung TecTiles for sale.
I don't think anything but their powertags are compatible with their hardware. You can buy more Tags from their website or their EBay fronts. But if you have an android phone I think you can just download a program called Tagmo and permanently write a stack of NFC tags.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ProjektorBoy posted:

Most likely, but I'm not sure if the PowerSaves writer would work for it. You can find the device via GameStop (use the store locator to see if any local stores have it, I never see it available online) or CodeJunkies site.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Most likely, but I'm not sure if the PowerSaves writer would work for it. You can find the device via GameStop (use the store locator to see if any local stores have it, I never see it available online) or CodeJunkies site.

Bum the Sad posted:

I don't think anything but their powertags are compatible with their hardware. You can buy more Tags from their website or their EBay fronts. But if you have an android phone I think you can just download a program called Tagmo and permanently write a stack of NFC tags.

Amazon's got 'em right here: http://a.co/eZHgvKA

I'm going to try some regular NFC tags to start. They're cheap enough. But there is already allegedly a Power Tag inside the box, so I'll make the most of it if the extra tags don't work. $32 for a PowerSave + NFC tags is a hell of a lot nicer than zipping all over town for any loose Amiibo or $400 internet prices.

People have even got Fierce Deity gear in BotW already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyhBD3octAo

ProjektorBoy fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 11, 2017

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

El Burbo posted:

I would put the bomb in the cage, get out of the cart, Stasis the cart, explode the bomb, and get back in the cart and wait for Stasis to wear off. Are you telling me the Stasis was unnecessary and I could have stayed in the cart without getting hurt?

That would have been useful to know the one time my cart came to a stop midway through a lava lake. I ended up just teleporting outta there.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Please do not discuss software and hardware theft in this thread, thank you. This is not cool.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please do not discuss software and hardware theft in this thread, thank you. This is not cool.
They're loving cheat codes, shut up.

ProjektorBoy posted:

Amazon's got 'em right here: http://a.co/eZHgvKA

I'm going to try some regular NFC tags to start. They're cheap enough. But there is already allegedly a Power Tag inside the box, so I'll make the most of it if the extra tags don't work. $32 for a PowerSave + NFC tags is a hell of a lot nicer than zipping all over town for any loose Amiibo or $400 internet prices.

People have even got Fierce Deity gear in BotW already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyhBD3octAo

Don't buy that Amazon one, that's an old version without the included powertag. Go pick one up from a local game stop for real. Those will have the PowerTag included, it's pictured on the box.
https://www.amazon.com/Datel-Action...wersaves+amiibo Like this one which is at local gamestops for $29.99

And I really don't think the Powersave will write to regular NFC tags. But again you can do that with an Android phone if so inclined.

If you want more powertags again you can get them from the UK from the Codejunkies website, or their UK Ebay front.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extra-x3-Am...uwAAOSwB-1YyVAD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extra-x10-A...YwAAOSwdGFYyU9P

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 11, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bum the Sad posted:

They're loving cheat codes, shut up.

Don't buy that Amazon one, that's an old version without the included powertag. Go pick one up from a local game stop for real. Those will have the PowerTag included, it's pictured on the box.

Actually they are proprietary data on a Nintendo collectable toy. And this is disgusting talk about what amounts to criminal behavior.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Actually they are proprietary data on a Nintendo collectable toy. And this is disgusting talk about what amounts to criminal behavior.

lol farts.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This cart discussion is revolutionary. I've been relying on stasis and heavy weapons to get going. So many awkward, hurried jumps into carts. You're telling me I can stay in the cart and use bombs to safely cart along? This is incredible.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Maybe if you jerks took a moment to research Goron history before charging into their part of the world and loving with their stuff, you might realize how central bombs are to their society. Do any of you even realize that bombs are appropriated Goron culture?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

acksplode posted:

Maybe if you jerks took a moment to research Goron history before charging into their part of the world and loving with their stuff, you might realize how central bombs are to their society. Do any of you even realize that bombs are appropriated Goron culture?

I only use real, natively grown bomb flowers wrapped in a bomb bag made by finest Goron Pubic hair

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

acksplode posted:

Our ignorance of Goron Culture is disgusting and amounts to criminal behavior. :smith:

Should I head there next? I just beat the Rito thing as my first guardian, now I'm in the Lost Woods (I think I need a few more shrines for the sword) Should I make Goron's my second divine beast? I was kind of planning on it.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Oh great, now the Goron Justice Warriors have invaded the thread. drat GJWs. :rolleyes:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

MokBa posted:

Oh great, now the Goron Justice Warriors have invaded the thread. drat GJWs. :rolleyes:

Aww, did we trigger the sweet little Hylian supremacist?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have a Goron friend who said he didn't mind me using bombs, therefore

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ProjektorBoy posted:

Someone in this thread already did a walkthrough - it needs a specific type of tag: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779975&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=418#post470840102

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Games › Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Yahaha! You stole me!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
loving gravel-gobblers...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
So I have beaten 3 of the 4 beasts and have been just kinda wandering around, getting towers and shrines because I wanted to knock out a lot of it and grab some armor sets before heading to the last beast. I was in that neck of the woods and saw this giant floating spaceship looking thing and went HOLY poo poo WHAT IS THAT?! After zooming in and having it turn a bit I realized it was the bird divine beast and now all I really want to do is jump on that fucker! It looks pretty kickass...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

So I have beaten 3 of the 4 beasts and have been just kinda wandering around, getting towers and shrines because I wanted to knock out a lot of it and grab some armor sets before heading to the last beast. I was in that neck of the woods and saw this giant floating spaceship looking thing and went HOLY poo poo WHAT IS THAT?! After zooming in and having it turn a bit I realized it was the bird divine beast and now all I really want to do is jump on that fucker! It looks pretty kickass...

Hate to tell you but you'll be there for about 5 minutes because it's possibly the easiest part of the whole game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

RCarr posted:

Hate to tell you but you'll be there for about 5 minutes because it's possibly the easiest part of the whole game.

Of course the coolest beast is the easiest :(

Oh well...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Well, I mean it's the only one you absolutely won't have Revali's Gale for at least.

At least without speedrun fuckery.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer

You're my hero!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ProjektorBoy posted:

You're my hero!

Yeah like I said. That's for Tagmo with an Android phone. You don't need the Powersaves device for that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How do I convince my 10 year old son that he should let me play more.

Help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

How do I convince my 10 year old son that he should let me play more.

Help.

Distract him with Minecraft, maybe?