Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Blocking those first spoilers with my hand...what Confidants should I prioritize if I'm planning on a second, FFWD playthrough to see what I missed the first time? Sounds like those last two are important, though I haven't even found the first one yet.

If you do NG+, you should have a very easy time maxing all of your confidants on a second playthrough, because you'll carry over all your social stats and money so you won't have to spend any time on those. Carrying over social stats alone saves you a ton of time that you can use to hang out with your anime buddies.

I'd say the most important confidants just for saving time are (again, only Arcana in spoilers): Temperance (can make you coffee and do your laundry without spending time, and eventually give you an extra nighttime activity after you go to the Metaverse), Fortune (faster rank-ups for social stats and other confidants), and Death (for SP-restoring accessories that make it easier to one-day dungeons). There are other very useful confidants for battle and exploration abilities, like Star, which lets you change party members in-battle; Moon, which increases the EXP you get and makes it easier to level up reserve characters; and Sun, which helps during demon negotiation, but the three I listed in the first spoiler are the best for making sure you have the most time to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Talking about a new version of P5 there's a certain character that I can totally see being the Aeon confidant if they add more months, they don't need to create a new character like they did with Marie.

Also there's totally gonna be a accomplice ending like Adachi's in Golden in it I bet

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh, there IS DLC that lets me wear the school uniforms in Palaces?

Good. That'll be good for NG+. No mo' rules forever

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Sixth Palace question: Is there a time skip at the end, or will the game just force me to send a calling card on the 18th to avoid that?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 4's BGM is "Time to Make History" and not "Reach Out to The Truth" FYI

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Dehry posted:

Persona 4's BGM is "Time to Make History" and not "Reach Out to The Truth" FYI

Earlier today I first witnessed a Thoth shaking his book while forgetting how to cast spell and at this point I've convinced it's modeled after whomever in Atlus JP is responsible for this.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
its safe to sell all treasures?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

its safe to sell all treasures?

Yep. They're just money.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Time to Make History is so much better than Reach Out to the Truth, I still love P4 and I'm sick of that song

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Arist posted:

Time to Make History is so much better than Reach Out to the Truth, I still love P4 and I'm sick of that song

it's not though

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Hahahahaha I just got to where you (second Palace) confront Yusuke while he's painting Ann and the immediate music stopping with "I will put my heart and soul into creating the best nude painting ever!" is one of the funniest moments in the entire series.

game rules.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like Reach Out to the Truth but I also like the way it was used in P4G--using it as the Player Advantage theme works well because it's basically your group's theme song. That's reinforced when its melody comes up during the true final boss fight, too. It's good stuff.

(No Persona final boss theme is as :krad: as Battle for Everyone's Souls, though. I'd love it if Persona 5's managed to beat that but I sorta don't expect it.)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

lol if you don't buy every piece of Persona 5 DLC

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Harrow posted:

I like Reach Out to the Truth but I also like the way it was used in P4G--using it as the Player Advantage theme works well because it's basically your group's theme song. That's reinforced when its melody comes up during the true final boss fight, too. It's good stuff.

(No Persona final boss theme is as :krad: as Battle for Everyone's Souls, though. I'd love it if Persona 5's managed to beat that but I sorta don't expect it.)

I haven't gotten to the final final boss yet but just wait

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arist posted:

I haven't gotten to the final final boss yet but just wait

:eyepop:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Can I just say that Jamieson Price's "LET ME EXPLAIN" right as Sojiro's explaining coffee to you feels like a great Catherine reference? :allears:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I really ended up warming to Sojiro. Dude's just socially awkward, but once he finds out you kinda dig making coffee and curry, his constant 'gently caress UP ONCE AND YOU'RE OUT' refrain starts sounding less like a threat and more like a request to keep safe because he doesn't want you to go to jail.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
After a fifteen minutes of activity Futaba has decided to sleep for 22 days straight. I've never related to a video game character more.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you really want Reach Out To The Truth it's the Persona 4 Dancing BGM song from the last level.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bogart posted:

I really ended up warming to Sojiro. Dude's just socially awkward, but once he finds out you kinda dig making coffee and curry, his constant 'gently caress UP ONCE AND YOU'RE OUT' refrain starts sounding less like a threat and more like a request to keep safe because he doesn't want you to go to jail.

His character development is gated by ~plot~ and once your past that I like him better than Dojima

Saint Freak posted:

After a fifteen minutes of activity Futaba has decided to sleep for 22 days straight. I've never related to a video game character more.

Same, also can relate to Morgana wanting you to sleep for a whole day after one conversation

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Loved the seventh palace. I did it all in one day (as much as you can) and while I didn't have much trouble, it felt consistently challenging all the way throughout. The gameplay there really pulled everything together in terms of where the characters where at too, though I wish they'd shown the characters who had been at odds working together and not bickering so much, that would have really put a bow on it.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I like Sojiro because unlike Dojima, he gets let in on the plot in full. I felt bad keeping the investigation stuff away from Dojima so I'm glad Sojiro gets to know what's up and then he goes on to help us. It's nice!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lakbay posted:

Same, also can relate to Morgana wanting you to sleep for a whole day after one conversation

hosed up thing about the cat is I'm pretty sure he at least let me work on my desk sometimes before a forced sleep, but never lets me now...

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sea Sponge Run posted:

hosed up thing about the cat is I'm pretty sure he at least let me work on my desk sometimes before a forced sleep, but never lets me now...

Sending a calling card ends the day usually but Morgana will still let you make tools. This cat is just gaslighting the MC as a form of conditioning.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Cats need to sleep 18 hours a day. It's entirely possible he just thinks humans do too.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Major Endgame Palace 7 Spoilers: It was kind of hilarious watching the people surrounding Shido freak out about the fallout from him having a change of heart and just kind of run off in a panic while he's still just sitting there sobbing. Also Sae playing dumb in the courthouse about the whole suicide mess was great too.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The one thing I wish I could find is a good list of what Personas reduce into what skill cards

Curse and Gun Boost in particular :argh:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Do any gifs of the protagonist shaking his head while facepalming exist

I need it

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Loved the seventh palace. I did it all in one day (as much as you can) and while I didn't have much trouble, it felt consistently challenging all the way throughout. The gameplay there really pulled everything together in terms of where the characters where at too, though I wish they'd shown the characters who had been at odds working together and not bickering so much, that would have really put a bow on it.

That didn't timeskip, right?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to get pierce phys anymore?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't know who voices Caroline but the way she says "Inmate!" cracks me up every single time and it's perfect.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hunt11 posted:

Is there a way to get pierce phys anymore?

The persona games don't really have piercing in general. They only have the breaks (And there's never been a physical break)

That said, there is a thing that lets you get pierce gun. It's a max confidant bonus, though.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Harrow posted:

I don't know who voices Caroline but the way she says "Inmate!" cracks me up every single time and it's perfect.

The way she punts the MC into the Velvet Room door in Shibuya is pretty perfect, too.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Harrow posted:

She's the mean one right? She puts a weirdly strong emphasis on the 'i' and 'm' and I love it. Every time she says it I feel compelled to repeat after her.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

The way she punts the MC into the Velvet Room door in Shibuya is pretty perfect, too.

Yeah I laughed really hard at that. I didn't notice that Justine was at the Metaverse Velvet Room door while Caroline was at the Shibuya one until I entered the Shibuya one and saw her kick the MC in and cracked up. Caroline owns

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

My biggest minus with the game is that the final boss theme is one of the most generic things Meguro has done.

OddObserver posted:

That didn't timeskip, right?
No

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Harrow posted:

the voice actor did a drat good job in making her sound like a little kid who's way too into playing warden.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

I think it's Carrie Keranen but i'm not actually gonna check

she just sounds an awful lot like Dub!Mami

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Same voice actress that did Sara Valestein, Lailah of Zestiria, Lux of League of Legends, and Mokuba Kaiba of Yugioh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spoilers for the mess of cutscenes after palace 6

I was considering selling out my friends as a way of trusting Sae but decided against it after considering it more. When I saw Goro shoot me in the loving head was like WOOPS. Man this entire thing is elaborate for a fail state and kinda hosed up. Then Ryuji got his poo poo eating grin and a confused one came to me as well. The rest of the scene being "Jesus Christ Akechi is stupid" is just icing. Like that had to be 60 straight minutes of the cast going "what a loving idiot" and me just laughing as everything came together. The scenes cutting to Akechi and Shido doing evil laughs was just great.

Though given Akechi's tone during it I'm now expecting that after I beat Shido up he's going to turn into a big fogmachine eyeball "Ah I had this power all along i was just seeing which side would win now, go fight a random god thing" like other Persona games I've played.