Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
inefficient

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rex-Goliath posted:

ooohhh just figured it out

he dropped a cigarette down a gas pipe, huh?

or a sewage pipe that may as well have been a gas pipe

thank you; i was wondering what the hell was going on

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

smoking kills

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/dickc/status/851590197997326336

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

it's cool how the term "denial of boarding process" makes it sound like they were stopping someone at the gate rather than dragging them off the plane

the language of corporate euphemism is for real one of my favourite things, it's amazing to me just how far they manage to twist the english language without quite breaking it completely

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

it's cool how the term "denial of boarding process" makes it sound like they were stopping someone at the gate rather than dragging them off the plane

the language of corporate euphemism is for real one of my favourite things, it's amazing to me just how far they manage to twist the english language without quite breaking it completely

weaponized language is fascinating and also exhausting once you get used to identifying it

ffs, they apologized for having to "re-accomodate" him. that's some evil poo poo. brilliant wording, but also evil.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the appeal to policy is also pretty hosed up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

ooohhh just figured it out

he dropped a cigarette down a gas pipe, huh?

or a sewage pipe that may as well have been a gas pipe

wish there was a bigger version of this

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Sagebrush posted:

Just blow it up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that manhole cover is currently passing the asteroid belt

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

duTrieux. posted:

weaponized language is fascinating and also exhausting once you get used to identifying it

ffs, they apologized for having to "re-accomodate" him. that's some evil poo poo. brilliant wording, but also evil.

i love reading political speeches and comments from ~1910-1930 era when most vernacular had modernized but newspeak wasn't invented yet because you'll see high level politicians saying "Wow this thing is poo poo and bad and furthermore my opponent is a dumb idiot baby" and it's really funny

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/jhfQxcm.gifv

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Tell me about the genesis of this wonderful tattoo.

Obviously I’m obsessed with Law & Order: SVU. Obsessed. I watch it every single day of my life. So one day, me and my tattoo artist were just talking about what I should get next. I told him I’ve wanted a tramp stamp for a while, and we were talking about Law & Order and Mariska Hargitay and everything, and I was like, man, I would love to get a Law & Order tramp stamp. And then he thought of the executive producer thing, and I was like, that is so perfect. I want that right now. And the rest is history.

So it was actually the tattoo artist’s idea?

Yeah, it was a collaboration. I mean, he enjoyed the [idea] to get a tramp stamp to do with Law & Order, and I was like, well I love the executive producer Dick Wolf!

And the font matches, too.

Yeah, my tattoo artist just copied and pasted it and inverted it so it would be the exact same font.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this is pretty cool

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Remember youtube did this as an option on their player for most videos a couple april fools days ago?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

Remember youtube did this as an option on their player for most videos a couple april fools days ago?

not really

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I remember it being more recent than 2010 though https://youtube.googleblog.com/2010/03/textp-saves-youtube-bandwidth-money.html

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

oh lol i wasnt even in the final highschool year then

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thanks dudes! :D

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oh lol i wasnt even in the final highschool year then

lol im old now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

akadajet posted:

lol im old now

tbf i phrased it that way since i wasn't sure if people here know how many classes there are in latvian schools. still am on the younger end of yospos regulars tho

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i love this dudes flickr, mostly long exposure shots on 8x10 film that's drum scanned, crazy detail

owns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

my fav part of this is the like half a second where the cover is just hovering on a pillar of flame before it takes off

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Sagebrush posted:

that manhole cover is currently passing the asteroid belt

But the assumption that it might have escaped from Earth is implausible (Dr. Brownlee's discretion in making a priority claim is well advised). Leaving aside whether such an extremely hypersonic unaerodynamic object could even survive passage through the lower atmosphere, it appears impossible for it to retain much of its initial velocity while passing through the atmosphere. A ground launched hypersonic projectile has the same problem with maintaining its velocity that an incoming meteor has. According to the American Meteor Society Fireball and Meteor FAQ meteors weighing less than 8 tonnes retain none of their cosmic velocity when passing through the atmosphere, they simply end up as a falling rock. Only objects weighing many times this mass retain a significant fraction of their velocity.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

vOv posted:

my fav part of this is the like half a second where the cover is just hovering on a pillar of flame before it takes off

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

chili tuesday

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sagebrush posted:

gif needs willhelm scream sound effect embedded

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Pascal-B test shot, 1957 (colorized)

Glorgnole fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 11, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im the gyay wee

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

holy poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

looks like some anime

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this is neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa6cHEJIjYI

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VRjCjoO.jpg[/ img]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLkuLcbIJKA

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 12, 2017

• Locked thread