Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Heifer can be a comment about boob development. Source: lots of country family. Hth.

Also, still hoping all is well with the arrival of Pnurtis 40 or gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

tactlessbastard posted:

Heifer can be a comment about boob development. Source: lots of country family. Hth.

Also, still hoping all is well with the arrival of Pnurtis 40 or gently caress.

That's ONLY WORSE

Also yeah I hope Pnurtis is doing well, I assume 54 40 is busy having just shoved a huge goon baby out of her body.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She better come back with Pnurtis pictures.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
This feels like one of those scams where the person is after money, but if not, the husband is scum for forcing sex two weeks after an emergency c-section - amongst many other examples of scummery.

My (f19) husband (m23) and I already have a child together. I'm pregnant again way too soon. Husband is against me having an abortion

quote:

u/burnafterreading37
My husband is my high school sweet heart. We met when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior. we dated all through out high school and got married two weeks after I graduated. We also have a gorgeous 13 week old daughter who is the light of my life. I had some pretty serious depression during my pregnancy. My doctor took me out of work because I was puking so much, I lost almost 15 pounds in the first trimester. My doctor didnt feel like it would be safe for me to work at all while pregnant so for the entirety of my pregnancy I felt like a useless sack of crap. While I was pregnant, the company I had worked for went under and every one got fired or laid off. My husband made me feel so crappy during my pregnancy because I couldn't work even though I had some savings put back to pay my share of the bills. I had a really stressful pregnancy but thankfully my delivery went easy and our daughter was born healthy. I ended up having to have an emergency c section and in the recovery room, he had the nerve to ask me for a hand job because he was "bored"

Two weeks after our daughter was born, he wanted to try having sex. I didnt feel like I was ready but I wanted to make him happy so we tried. He ended up getting frustrated and calling me disgusting for not being wet enough to enjoy it. We tried several more attempts and were eventually able to have sex despite it hurting me so much. I knew he was stressed from being the sole provider so I didnt say anything and just let him have his way

At my daughter's 8 week check up, I started feeling like crap. Light headed and dizzy. The smell of hand sanitize made me nauseous. After we got back home I decided to take a pregnancy test because when I was pregnant with my daughter, the first signs I had was hand sanitizer making me nauseous. The test came back positive and I freaked out internally. I struggle as it is to make sure my daughter has enough diapers for the week. I didnt (and still don't ) want a second child so soon

I planned on talking to my husband about every thing and exploring our options. I wasnt even sure if I wanted any more children because our daughter is NOT an easy baby. Im the one who gets up with her at night to feed her and change her diapers. Shes never slept through the night. I haven't had a decent nights sleep since I was 6 months pregnant. There have been times where my husband has locked us out of the bedroom because I couldnt "settle her fast enough". I honestly thought that because our daughter can be such a difficult baby at times, my husband would be supportive of what ever decision. I was pretty wrong

He at first accused me of lying to him about being pregnant, but when I showeed him the pregnancy test, he told me I couldnt kill our daughter's sibling. thay she deserves to have a sibling and if I "killed our baby" he would make sure I regretted it and even threatened to call cps on me

Every time I tried to talk to him, he would stop me and tell me to shut the gently caress up. He just kept getting louder and louder and was scaring our daughter so I asked him to leave. He did but slammed the door to our apartment so hard he knocked several pictures off the wall. I was really scared and didnt feel safe there. I was scared he was going to come back and yell even more so I called the non emergency police line and told them what was going on. They told me they couldnt do anything because it was a civil matter and I was given the number to a domestic violence shelter. I called them too and they cant take in anyone until next week. The person i spoke to told me she hoped I could resolve this issue with my husband before taking any drastic measures

I just know I dont want to have another child so soon. My own doctor has advised me to NOT go through with this pregnancy because it is so soon after my daughters birth and my body hasnt fully healed yet. I still have hemorrhoids that havent healed completely from my first pregnancy. A lot of my friends and family side with my husband and refuse to support me in any way besides keeping this pregnancy which can really mess me up. No one but me and my doctor seems to understand how dangerous this is for me to have a 2nd kid

I'm really scared I wont be able to have an abortion. I'm svcared I'll have to go through with a pregnancy I don't want. My savings are gone, I dont have my own way of getting anywhere. I feel like I have ZERO support. I know i cant handle 2 kids barely a year apart right now and I know my time is running out. I'm so scared for my husband to find out about this because he would never forgive me and make my life so much more difficult than it already is

I really need your help reddit. How do I get my husband to support me on this?

tl;dr: Husband and i already have a 13 week old daughter. I'm in my first trimester of a 2nd pregnancy. I know I cn't handle 2 kids so close together and want to terminate. No one supports me, not even my husband. Feeling very alone, scared and in all honesty, not all that safe staying with my husband until this issue is taken care of. I need help and advice on how to resolve this problem

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I also want to see the Pnurtis pictures.

My mom [???F] posted pictures of me [0???] online for goons to look at, should I sever?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Milotic posted:

This feels like one of those scams where the person is after money, but if not, the husband is scum for forcing sex two weeks after an emergency c-section - amongst many other examples of scummery.

My (f19) husband (m23) and I already have a child together. I'm pregnant again way too soon. Husband is against me having an abortion

:murder: :murder: :murder:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Tiny Deer posted:

:ssh: the age gap is relevant because she's trying to gently caress out her daddy issues.

Source: have daddy issues, tried to use sex with older men to fix them, was idiot.

A 19 year old with 'daddy issues' as you call them, would be loving someone old enough to be her dad, not someone 9 years older.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
He tried having sex with her TWO WEEKS after she had major surgery... :murder: the rear end in a top hat

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Not enough murder in the world.

He was bored enough to request a handie from his wife, who had just gone through major surgery, WHILE HE COULD BE SPENDING THE FIRST MOMENTS WITH HIS NEWBORN CHILD?

There are so many issues here I can't even begin.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Tiny Deer posted:

My mom [???F] posted pictures of me [0???] online for goons to look at, should I sever?

Yes. Definitely.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

A 19 year old with 'daddy issues' as you call them, would be loving someone old enough to be her dad, not someone 9 years older.

When you're nineteen someone 9 years older than you might as well be old enough to be your dad. Trust me. I'm not trying to be mean to her for having some issues, I'm being mean about her overwhelming lust to cheat on her husband/boyfriend. Everyone who cheats has a lot of reasons they do it, none of them are good reasons, it just stands out as tragically funny to me that I doubt she knows why she's so powerfully attracted to this co-worker and yet it's so obvious to outside observers.

Not ha-ha funny, more 'oh, Jesus, you're going to ruin your life for no reason' funny.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think it's worse in the US instead of Europe because I think culturally we raise very immature people up until the age of 22. College is essentially really loving expensive 4 year summer camp for a large majority of the population.

a 20 year old French/German/English kid is as bad as a 20 year old US kid. Less likely to binge drink (maybe), but really there is no meaningful difference. You might be somewhat biased by cultural exchange programs because those sometimes filter out real fuckups who cannot get their poo poo together, but if you spend time in those countries I don't think you'd have that opinion.

If anything, EU 20-year-olds are maybe a bit more childish but maybe a little less likely to make really stupid decisions. It's a tight horserace though.

Kids that age in India are basically children, because high school is really loving stressful so they kind of relive some childhood later. It was weird being in India and having a bunch of 22-25 year olds SUPER excited about a water park.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

remember when the age gap stuff was a funny observation about dysfunctonal manchild issues and not the latest unhinged goon obsession they will never shut up about ever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats a pretty classic fencing response, Wizard of Goatse.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

remember when the age gap stuff was a funny observation about dysfunctonal manchild issues and not the latest unhinged goon obsession they will never shut up about ever

:colbert: If noticing age gaps and how accurate they are at predicting comical dysfunction is wrong I don't want to be right.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Tiny Deer posted:

:colbert: If noticing age gaps and how accurate they are at predicting comical dysfunction is wrong I don't want to be right.
The issue was that Mirthless immediately started victim blaming the "creepy" husband when the wife wanted to cheat. It's usually a good indicator of future problems, but the problems in this scenario lie squarely with the wife.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

Kids that age in India are basically children, because high school is really loving stressful so they kind of relive some childhood later. It was weird being in India and having a bunch of 22-25 year olds SUPER excited about a water park.

Same with Japan and South Korea I hear.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lockback posted:

a 20 year old French/German/English kid is as bad as a 20 year old US kid. Less likely to binge drink (maybe), but really there is no meaningful difference. You might be somewhat biased by cultural exchange programs because those sometimes filter out real fuckups who cannot get their poo poo together, but if you spend time in those countries I don't think you'd have that opinion.

If anything, EU 20-year-olds are maybe a bit more childish but maybe a little less likely to make really stupid decisions. It's a tight horserace though.

Yeah I was actually thinking of adding that caveat to my post because I realized that I had only met people smart enough to get into the exchange program OR motivated enough to emigrate.

This being SA, thank you for not launching into a tirade of abuse at my mistake

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Same with Japan and South Korea I hear.

Yes. I'm surprised people haven't begun mining the China thread for content yet.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I'll stop horror-laughing at age gap trainwrecks when they stop being :stonklol:

My [24F] sister [17F] has been secretly dating a 29 year old man for 2 years. Non-Romantic

quote:

585 points 201 comments submitted 1 year ago by Wuhtthewuht to r/relationships

My mom was called by the police department 3am two nights ago to report my sister, who was charged with underage drinking, and a 29 year old male drunk driver. As it turns out, she's been dating the driver for 2 years, has slept with him multiple times, and has been lying about her whereabouts and who she's been hanging out with....for 2 years. We were really really close. My sister is one of my best friends, and I feel so disappointed and betrayed I might throw up. I no longer live in the same state, and neither does our dad. I have no idea what to do or how to process this. Any good, kind advice would be. sincerely appreciated.

TL;DR: 17 yr old sister got caught drunk with a 29 yr old drunk driver who she has been secretly dating for two years, and I don't know what to do.

Edit: Thank you all for being so upfront with me. I was in a bad place from other stuff and couldn't get perspective. I appreciate you all.

Update:

Hey guys. Thank you for all your support and advice. My mother took the man to court and we now have a retraining order against him for at least a year . My little sister met a young man at her gym about 5 months ago and they're ridiculously happy. The whole family loves him. She has a therapist she keeps in touch with, but she pretty healthy otherwise. It's been a hard ride, but we seem to be slowly moving on. As for me, I realized pretty quickly how twisted my perspective was and we're back to be extremely close.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

The issue was that Mirthless immediately started victim blaming the "creepy" husband when the wife wanted to cheat. It's usually a good indicator of future problems, but the problems in this scenario lie squarely with the wife.

Mirthless being wrong about everything is a constant like the sunrise and the tides. You could generate a solid advice column by having Mirthless respond to people's problems, then running it through a filter that reverses everything he said.

But yeah, even if her husband is the creepiest creep in the land she shouldn't cheat on him. Break up with him, then tell sexy co-worker you left your husband for him and now want to raise your baby with him instead. That's the kind of sweeping romantic gesture older men love.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Leon Einstein posted:

ding ding ding

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
stop listening to mirthless!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mameluke posted:

Yes. I'm surprised people haven't begun mining the China thread for content yet.

People tend to get their poo poo together when they get married and when they have kids. But now, there's little pressure to actually get married (almost always to male benefit) and fewer people can have children, and those who do have a lot of ways of pretending it never happened (like high-chairs with tablet inserts so you don't have to interact with your sprangoffs).

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Not often the red flag is handed to you directly:

quote:

Me (26F), my boyfriend (32M) casually informed me he is a sociopath

Not sure if this is the right place to go for this... my boyfriend of 9months and I had this huge long discussion last night where he just randomly brought up how he has to confess something. He just said he felt bad for keeping this from me but thought I should know that he is actually antisocial in the clinical sense of the word. He doesn't really feel emotions and always has to fake them to fit in. He doesn't actually care about hurting others or stepping on them to get himself on top, but just chooses not to do it. When he was a child he was diagnosed with conduct disorder and got into lots of trouble, often violent, but mellowed out in his mid twenties and now he is able to control his actions better. He reiterated that he likes me and adores me and has learned to emulate loyalty and devotion for people he is close to, but it's probably not the same kind of love I feel.

I'm confused. This has come out of nowhere. I asked him if this is like a hint he wants to break up, and he said absolutely not, he just thought it was better for me to know about it.

How am I supposed to take this? He just said like, I'm the same person you've always known, and this is just a part of that, nothing has changed. But hasn't it? I mean, he's just faking his love? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with this now. It's not like he's asking for sympathy. But he said he felt bad for keeping it from me because I should know before I get really invested. What do I do?

TLDR: Boyfriend confessed to me that is actually a high-functioning antisocial sociopath, and he thought I should know. What do I do with this info? He says everything is the same, but is it? Feeling bombarded with this bizarre news..

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Granny doesn't give a gently caress

My mother in law [58F] is flooding social media with images of our less than one month old daughter against the wishes of me [29M] and my wife [32]; when we told her to stop, she accused me of thinking my daughter looks ugly and “retarded”
Relationships

quote:

460 points 126 comments submitted 7 months ago by BeardlessHipsterDad to r/relationships

Me and my wife of three years recently welcomed our daughter “Gabby” into the world. My wife gave a natural childbirth, but because our daughter had slight breathing complications, she didn’t come home for a week. My wife is still recovering from the childbirth and has spent the last three and a half weeks resting at home. My wife said that she didn’t need any extra help and could manage our daughter just fine on her own, but her mother pestered endlessly by telephone and insisted on moving right in to our guest bedroom. She has her own husband and house to get back to, but if she’s as annoying to him as she is to us, I can’t imagine him being too eager for her swift return.

Right away, mother-in-law tries to take over everything, and annoys my wife. Mother-in-law basically exhausts my wife by second-guessing and haranguing everything my wife does, especially regarding Gabby.

Eventually, after a week and a half, mother-n-law decides that she had done enough damage, and goes home.

But not before taking a lot of pictures of Gabby with her cellphone. Pictures of Gabby alone, mostly, but several including herself, too.

Wife and I tell her to keep the photos for her private use, and not publish them online. We tell her we don’t like advertising our lives on social media, and my wife especially has fear of child abduction. Mother-in-law agrees to our faces.

But what’s the friggin’ FIRST thing the old bat does when she gets home? Why, upload tons and tons of pictures of her precious granddaughter Gabby, of course!

My wife and I are mortified to have our wishes disrespected in this manner. Personally, I don’t mind the pictures, but it upsets my wife and therefore it upsets me, because we’re on the same team here. Wife calls her mother and tells her to take down the photos from her Facebook and InstaGrandmAttentionwhore. Mother refuses so wife hands me the phone as if I can do any better. So I go and tell mother-in-law to take down the photos because my wife and I do not want images of our newborn daughter floating around on the internet.

Grandma REFUSES and says it’s her right as Gabby's grandmother to publish all the pictures she wants. And furthermore, that Facebook and Instagram do not constitute “floating around on the internet” because, according to her, no one but her friends can see her pictures.

Mother-in-Law shares very few mutual friends with us, so it’s not as if our friends could comment on the pictures regarding how inappropriate the pictures are.

I tried talking to my mother-in-law again today, and she says that I’m ashamed of my daughter and think she’s ugly and “retarded looking” and that’s why I don’t want her photos on the internet. She says my wife and I should both be ashamed of ourselves for trying to “pretend Gabby doesn’t exist.”

She even commented on one of her own pictures of our daughter with something along the lines of [as if speaking to our daughter]: “Don’t you worry, my angel, your grandmother will always look out for you and be proud of you and will never try to hide you from the world.”

She has also told my wife that what we are doing (not wanting to publish photos of our baby on Facebook) is a “red flag” for future abusive behavior.

Anything I can do here? Are my wife and I overreacting? Advice?

Tl;dr: wife and I don’t want pictures of our baby on the internet. Mother-in-law takes pictures of our baby and posts them to Facebook. We ask her to take them down. She says we are ashamed of our daughter. I think she’s a narcissistic, annoying attention-fiend.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Scared of baby abductions? Jesus, what is wrong with people. Let grandma show off her grandchild you weirdos.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Leon Einstein posted:

Scared of baby abductions? Jesus, what is wrong with people. Let grandma show off her grandchild you weirdos.

I dunno, sounds like a lot of Baby Abductor talk right here. :colbert:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Not often the red flag is handed to you directly:

Well poo poo. Like, he deserves companionship too but that's a hell of a thing. The fact that he told her speaks volumes, but she doesn't have to stick around for it if it makes her uncomfortable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

Granny doesn't give a gently caress

My mother in law [58F] is flooding social media with images of our less than one month old daughter against the wishes of me [29M] and my wife [32]; when we told her to stop, she accused me of thinking my daughter looks ugly and “retarded”
Relationships

Grandma's right. Natural childbirth and being all woo-woo about "child abduction" like you made a particularly good ones are strong signs you are going to continue to be moron parents.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

that grandma sounds exhausting but who cares if a baby has pictures of it on Facebook. babies all loving look the same anyway

e: I also really enjoyed the hidden detail of a woman going through a natural childbirth then being bedridden for a month because she willingly destroyed her own body to get back at Big Hospital

double e: the posters username is BeardlessHipsterDad so I'm guessing these people are awful

the bitcoin of weed fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 11, 2017

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

On the one hand grandma should respect their wishes, but on the other hand it's possible she couldn't tell what their wishes were because the constant whining that comes out of her daughter and son-in-law is so high-pitched only dogs can hear it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I don't think all wishes should be respected equally.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Original Baby Do Not Steal

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

On the one hand grandma should respect their wishes, but on the other hand it's possible she couldn't tell what their wishes were because the constant whining that comes out of her daughter and son-in-law is so high-pitched only dogs can hear it.

:drat:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Pick posted:

New thread title right here!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Wait, the sociopath with no empathy felt bad for keeping a secret from her?

Hmmm

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I was actually thinking of adding that caveat to my post because I realized that I had only met people smart enough to get into the exchange program OR motivated enough to emigrate.

This being SA, thank you for not launching into a tirade of abuse at my mistake

Yeah, selection bias is a helluva thing. But kids that age act like kids that age. This has been true for generations, and it's true almost entirely globally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

Wait, the sociopath with no empathy felt bad for keeping a secret from her?

Hmmm

"high-functioning sociopath" like you're fuckin Dexter or something sounds so much cooler than telling people you got the 'burgers

also this way she can't say she wasn't warned when he sells all her possessions for World of Warcraft gold or whatever

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 11, 2017