Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

thatguy posted:

Ya, Ben can eat them by the ton.

Leave Ben alone = (

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Leave Ben alone = (

Ben is a hateful piece of human garbage. All of our shortcomings are indicators to a path of correction, as long as he continues his current path he is deserving of any and all reflexive malice he receives.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

EmesiS posted:

Ben is a hateful piece of human garbage. All of our shortcomings are indicators to a path of correction, as long as he continues his current path he is deserving of any and all reflexive malice he receives.

Or not. Meanwhile....

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Leave Ben alone = (

Impossible. His gravitational pull keeps drawing our comments back to him.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man even the ben is fat jokes are tired and out of breath

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Leave Ben alone = (

Why?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Samizdata posted:

The petition is closed after not even making half their goal. I KNEW I shouldn't have trusted you. Something seemed off about that link.

And here I was thinking he seemed legit.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Ben Lesnick, Developer.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Exinos posted:

Ben Lesnick, Developer.

never not funny

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Ya, Ben can eat them by the ton.
This was a pretty sick Ben is fat MoMA is Toast double-burn though.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Timer reminded me the Horus Heresy humble book bundle is over in 23 hours.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/horus-heresy-warhammer-book-bundle

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Leave Ben alone = (

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, it's pretty common where I live.

Then you live in a very tasty part of the world.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hav posted:

Fructose isn't that bad, but at that point you're probably better off sticking to sucrose and moderating the gently caress out of it on the basis that a reaaaaally good steak is better than a vat of chopped beef. And I say that as someone that enjoys the menu at McDonalds.

Mind you, having said that, it's mostly high fructose corn syrup (blended fuctose and glucose) unless you hunt around for throwback or hit the ethnic aisles on the drinks side.

Sucrolose is a lot less nasty than aspartame, and saccharin was just horrific. I could smell that poo poo a street away.

Glucose is the body's natural sugar, and fructose occurs at high proportions in plants. Sucrose, table sugar, is 50/50 glucose and fructose. High fructose corn syrup is something like 60/40 fructose/glucose. Our bodies process glucose in a more healthy way than fructose. Fructose does taste sweeter, which is one reason why it is used. I consider both glucose and fructose to be standard sweetener. So, corn syrup isn't really much worse for us than actual sugar, it's almost the same, the real problem is how cheap it is so it gets put in everything. Ideally we'd only be eating glucose, and also consuming less sugars over all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Xylitol gum is great for dental health, and is a small enough dose to rarely cause digestive issues. My favorite brand is no longer regularly available, and it's kind of hard to find gum exclusively sweetened with xylitol anymore, without specially ordering it.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Exinos posted:

Ben Lesnick, Developer.

more like
Ben Lesnick, Developer of Gout

good 1, right? :smuggo:

cause I got some more

Ben Lesnick, Arrested Developer
developer of diabetus, heart disease, hypertension

i'll show myself out and stop posting

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

I love Cilantro. But I can taste _every_ sugar substitute you can mention. Like distinct levels of nasty.

Cilantro is gross. And so are every sugar substitute. On top of that I have an allergic reaction to aspartame. Which is in like 90% of all chewing gum.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ManofManyAliases posted:

Leave Ben alone = (

Doubtful that will happen, since he's such an easy target.

Kinda the downside of putting yourself out there as the main face of communication for a project.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Drunk Theory posted:

Kinda the downside of putting yourself out there as the main face of communication for a project.

That's not what makes him such an easy target though.

It's the calories. Also his absolute shitheel persona.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Lladre posted:

Cilantro is gross.

I have had no clue what you fucks have been whining about for the past few pages. Turns out some of you hate coriander. No wonder people in this thread are angry.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drunk Theory posted:

When your target is as big as a barn door then yeah.... Easy.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

It's me, I'm the hateboner fluffer

Colostomy Bag posted:

You have a hell of a hate boner.

I got this *cracks knuckles*

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I have had no clue what you fucks have been whining about for the past few pages. Turns out some of you hate coriander. No wonder people in this thread are angry.

Tea drinker spotted.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Tippis posted:

That's not what makes him such an easy target though.

It's the calories. Also his absolute shitheel persona.

Well yes, but would people even know who Ben was beyond a random fat guy if they didn't make him the face of the backers for the first few years?
Of course, that's kinda a catch22, as I'm not sure what Ben would have actually done there if he wasn't the face of the backers.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

TheAgent posted:

the elite hive mind that controls this account went back 15 years ago and created it for the singular purpose of making star citizen look bad

even without the /s redditors will see though your FAILING FAKE SARCASM they already know you're braben anyhow so there's no point in pretending anymore I mean it's obvious since you started this account right around the time you started working on cobra engine maybe not to make star citizen look bad but you definitely wanted to take a swipe at chris roberts because you've been in his shadow your whole career except maybe that first decade

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Um, excuse me, Ben is perfectly healthy.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

He kinda looks like a fat Himmler to me, tbh.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 11, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The Himmburglar

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Remember when he said the doctor told him he was in perfect health

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Sappo569 posted:

Remember when he said the doctor told him he was in perfect health
"I've never seen someone with sepsis so healthy!"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nice to see in this week's AtV they will be discussing a revamp to the referral program. What a fantastic week of information.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

"I've never seen someone with sepsis so healthy!"

During a routine screening, I asked if my blood pressure was okay; 'It's awesome, for here', nurse gestures around waiting room full of really sick people.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nice to see in this week's AtV they will be discussing a revamp to the referral program. What a fantastic week of information.

To a scam, the revenue stream IS the development.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Hav posted:

Fructose isn't that bad, but at that point you're probably better off sticking to sucrose and moderating the gently caress out of it on the basis that a reaaaaally good steak is better than a vat of chopped beef. And I say that as someone that enjoys the menu at McDonalds.

Mind you, having said that, it's mostly high fructose corn syrup (blended fuctose and glucose) unless you hunt around for throwback or hit the ethnic aisles on the drinks side.

Sucrolose is a lot less nasty than aspartame, and saccharin was just horrific. I could smell that poo poo a street away.

Only thing that bothers me with sucrolose is that it often is combined with dextrose, which can trigger an insulin response. Aspartame doesn't do that.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Ben Lesnick, Arrested Developer

Shouldn't that be Fuzzy Modem? (Since 95% of CIG contributors appear to be "developers"...)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Warhawk109 posted:

Only thing that bothers me with sucrolose is that it often is combined with dextrose, which can trigger an insulin response. Aspartame doesn't do that.

There's a whole bunch of stuff at the moment looking at the feedback loop between getting calories and ideating sugar consumption that goes some way to explaining why diet drinks created a wave of obesity. ie tasting sweet things increases the _desire_ to consume sweet things to counter the idea that it was rare to come across high caloric foods in the wild.

I've seen this anecdotally with Jaffa cakes*, and in a related matter, with Pringles.

(* Neither cake nor biscuit)

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Only experience with Jaffa cakes I have is from Lewis and Simon.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Thoatse posted:

The Himmburglar

:boom:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

There's a whole bunch of stuff at the moment looking at the feedback loop between getting calories and ideating sugar consumption that goes some way to explaining why diet drinks created a wave of obesity. ie tasting sweet things increases the _desire_ to consume sweet things to counter the idea that it was rare to come across high caloric foods in the wild.

I've seen this anecdotally with Jaffa cakes*, and in a related matter, with Pringles.

(* Neither cake nor biscuit)

They're a cake. The clue is in the name. Also, there was a court case that settled the matter.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

A while ago I bought a can of erythritol, another sugar alcohol thing that hasn't got a laxative effect and also cools your tongue when it dissolves kind of like menthol. I didn't mind the taste for a while until I did - and I figured stuff just tasted better without it in any case. Didn't burn my throat or assault my tongue though

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Warhawk109 posted:

Jesus, you guys are very picky about your swerteners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

Tea drinker spotted.

Shots are fired