Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I think it's Carrie Keranen but i'm not actually gonna check

she just sounds an awful lot like Dub!Mami

Also like Sara Valestein, who is apparently also voiced by Carrie Keranen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Terper posted:

My biggest minus with the game is that the final boss theme is one of the most generic things Meguro has done.

I wonder why they didn't use "Rivers in the Desert" for the final boss. I'm assuming this is the one other people are talking about as a super awesome song used for one of the endgame boss fights, but unless the vibe for the final battle is different than I'm expecting, I feel like this would've been a great final battle theme.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kernane is both of the twins, if you didn't notice

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Do the main party social links just stop being available a week before Palace 7? I only need one more rank for Haru and she hasn't been available for 6 six days.

Or maybe if I just go back to my previous save dated 12/10 and do the palace, then she will be available after?

Also Yukki hasn't shown up since after Palace 6, and I only have one more rank for him as well. Where the hell is he?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've listed voice actors in the OP if you want to check them, but yes Carrie Keranen did voice the twins.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Do the main party social links just stop being available a week before Palace 7? I only need one more rank for Haru and she hasn't been available for 6 six days.

Or maybe if I just go back to my previous save dated 12/10 and do the palace, then she will be available after?

Also Yukki hasn't shown up since after Palace 6, and I only have one more rank for him as well. Where the hell is he?

Party members completely stop being available to hang out with a week before the deadline if you haven't cleared the Palace. This applies to all Palaces.

Yuki hangs out in Akihabara after it unlocks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Captain Baal posted:

I've listed voice actors in the OP if you want to check them, but yes Carrie Keranen did voice the twins.

But what about Sun, Baal!?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

I wonder why they didn't use "Rivers in the Desert" for the final boss. I'm assuming this is the one other people are talking about as a super awesome song used for one of the endgame boss fights, but unless the vibe for the final battle is different than I'm expecting, I feel like this would've been a great final battle theme.

Yeah, IMO the final boss theme and that theme should absolutely have been switched.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think anyone knows who Toranosuke's VA is, but he sounds a bit like Steve Kramer to me at times.

Terper posted:

Yeah, IMO the final boss theme and that theme should absolutely have been switched.

Absolutely not, they used that theme where they needed to perfectly initially. If anything the game needs more boss music in general, it is ridiculous how many times Will Power is used in non-awakening fights.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Anzen posted:

Party members completely stop being available to hang out with a week before the deadline if you haven't cleared the Palace. This applies to all Palaces.

Yuki hangs out in Akihabara after it unlocks.

Ok I'll just clear the palace then.

And Yukki hasn't shown up in Ahihabara since finishing Palace 6.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

If anything the game needs more boss music in general, it is ridiculous how many times Will Power is used in non-awakening fights.

I mean if this is the option then sure.

I agree that it is perfectly fine used where it is, but if I had to make the choice then I would put it as the final boss theme because it is way more memorable. For a game so absolutely funky, it should have closed off on some funk.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Also this might be the first Persona game where I really can't think of a bad social link. All of them have been good, and many great. Even ones I initially had a initial bad impression of (Tower) developed in really cool, surprising ways.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like the fact there is no, (End game)Black Mask boss theme is ridiculous. How in the gently caress does Shido have a personalized theme for his boss fight (I say personalized, but they proceed to recycle it for the lovely grail fights), but Goro the main character's foil stuck with the one of the game's more generic battle themes? It feels like in general the stuff surrounding Mementos was an afterthought with the exception of the storyline reasons for it because even Yaldabaoth is a pretty lame antagonist for how generic big evil god he is.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Got to Makoto's awakening last night and honestly her stomping so hard to crack the bank floor was somehow better than her Akira Bikesliding into dudes imo. Also I spent like the first minute of her fight just dying at her Getting On The Bike Animation. Her having Frei/Mafrei/Physical moves/Buffs and Diarama is BIT ridiculous tho

also her peeling outta there and just leaving you also owned

I really needa start her Social Link cause I'm like Rank 8 with Ann and need to make my girlfriend decision ASAP

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I haven't started the third Palace yet but Makoto trying to tail the protagonist in the most hilariously awkward way possible with her face buried in a magazine is the most adorable thing and I suddenly see why everyone loves her so much.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I've just encountered Palace 5, for spoiler purposes.

Right now, I'm suspicious of two people for being secretly involved.

Adechi because he can understand Morgana, and his name sounds like Adachi. But he's on the cover of the box with all the other party members...

And Prosecutor Sae, for no reason in particular other than it would be very heist-movie for the gang to finish half-way through a palace saying "To get through this door, we'll have to change their perception... they'll have to think they can catch us." Then fast-forward to the interrogation, and the protagonist hands her a calling card, then cut to the rest of the gang in front of a materializing treasure.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh wow confusing bosses in memetos gives you THAT much money?

Well, I gotta get a confuse Persona, I guess...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elfface posted:

And Prosecutor Sae, for no reason in particular other than it would be very heist-movie for the gang to finish half-way through a palace saying "To get through this door, we'll have to change their perception... they'll have to think they can catch us." Then fast-forward to the interrogation, and the protagonist hands her a calling card, then cut to the rest of the gang in front of a materializing treasure.

This would own so hard. I can't wait to see what they actually do with her.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Oh wow confusing bosses in memetos gives you THAT much money?

Well, I gotta get a confuse Persona, I guess...

Ann gets confusion at 30 or 31 I think.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Okay but, like

how much money?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I knocked out the first couple ones and they were spitting out 14 to 18k a turn when they did so.

Noticed this when I could confuse um, Mara's tip for similar results

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Why are so many things like transition animations and menus so thought out for style

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Whaddya mean I can't take screenshots of every all out attack portrait combos what the gently caress

derra
Dec 29, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Why are so many things like transition animations and menus so thought out for style

They wanted to make the gameplay enjoyable but not change up the basic turn based menu combat so they went all out in presentation.

It works for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
now imagine persona 5

but morgana is a small puppy dog

isn't that a much better game

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It makes his puppy love of Ann a little less worse, but attracts comparisons to Scrappy Doo.

I like the style, but when Joker needs to do a little breakdancing for me to get to the out of battle items menu, it has to be faster.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really love that characters summon their Personas as soon as you open the Skills menu in battle. I doubt it saves a ton of time, but it looks smooth as hell.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Moltrey posted:

now imagine persona 5

but morgana is a small puppy dog

isn't that a much better game

No?

That's a much worse game, is that what you were going for?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I edited a p5 phone background and I thought maybe you'd all like it. The original has the MC in the middle but I didn't like that so

This is from a dozen pages back but this looks drat good on my phone. Thanks duder!

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah

Terper posted:

Yes, but it comes super late and is probably unnecessary at that point.

Trying to catch up on some posts for the past two days and saw this regarding the second boss having a special action like the first.

Can someone spoil this for me? I never had to do this and I think 99% of the guides out there probably didn't either, I'm just curious what it was.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Devil is completely loving useless.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ross Perowned posted:

Trying to catch up on some posts for the past two days and saw this regarding the second boss having a special action like the first.

Can someone spoil this for me? I never had to do this and I think 99% of the guides out there probably didn't either, I'm just curious what it was.

You pour the weakness paint back onto him.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Other than the multiple great fusable personas that benefit from having a high rank with her and the fact that you can date her, I guess.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People didn't date Yukiko before, why would they start now

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Futaba is really adorable for an anti-social dweeb. Probably explains why, honestly.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tae posted:

People didn't date Yukiko before, why would they start now

I did, cheated on her too. Felt like a piece of poo poo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Futaba is really adorable for an anti-social dweeb. Probably explains why, honestly.

If Futaba was an ugly boy it'd probably hit a little too close to home for a good number of the players

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I assume you need to max Devil to fuse Beelzebub like in Persona 4? That's not useless.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Shortest Path posted:

Other than the multiple great fusable personas that benefit from having a high rank with her and the fact that you can date her, I guess.
Also the +3 charm per visit, so it isn't useless actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like Futaba from what I know is def going to hit a bit close to home taking into account people I know.

also I know this has been said a lot before but Catherine's narrator voicing Sojiro is so loving choice, I love Sojiro

and i cannot get over how Ohya is just Amanda Winn-Lee as gently caress