Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Pizzagate is so 2016, flat earth is hot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

interested to hear eddie's take on alex jones total disavowal of pizzagate

From how he reacted to Alex Jones finding Buzz Aldrin credible, shouting around the room begging for validation for his view that "Buzz Aldrin is a liar, Alex gotta be high if he's quoting Buzz Aldrin", I'd bet Eddie's take is pretty basically retarded

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dark Weasel posted:

From how he reacted to Alex Jones finding Buzz Aldrin credible, shouting around the room begging for validation for his view that "Buzz Aldrin is a liar, Alex gotta be high if he's quoting Buzz Aldrin", I'd bet Eddie's take is pretty basically retarded

ftfy

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Pocket Billiards posted:

Now I'll go weeks without listening to anyone.

On the positive side, I find myself listening to Your Mom's House way more because I tend to listen to that whenever I swipe to delete a JRE, which is most of the time now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VbNx9Cb9Jw

It's infinitely more interesting to listen to Segura gently caress around rather than listen to Joe interview some loving libertarian bow-hunter who is still really mad about Hillary Clinton.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Given Joe's current penchant for having pro-Trump guests on, I feel like it's only inevitable that he brings Mike Cernovich on, especially after Sam Harris talked about him on Tuesday.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Anybody who is missing the earlier, comedian-filled days of JRE would enjoy going back into the archives of YMH when Tom would have his comic friends on the show. Any episode with Matt Fulchiron is just excellent.

Tom and Tina had Joe over once as well, with the highlights being Rogan's keen ear for playing "Tom or Black," and when he discovers what they named their WiFi network.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Copper Vein posted:

Anybody who is missing the earlier, comedian-filled days of JRE would enjoy going back into the archives of YMH when Tom would have his comic friends on the show. Any episode with Matt Fulchiron is just excellent.

Tom and Tina had Joe over once as well, with the highlights being Rogan's keen ear for playing "Tom or Black," and when he discovers what they named their WiFi network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJcBXIXBZQE

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Just remember guys, pup play is NOT sexual

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Can we just turn this into a Your Mom's House thread?

JRE is on the downswing. Been that way for awhile.

Meanwhile, the Water Champ and Tina P are killin it.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 9, 2017

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Fine by me Jeans

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
same

I only catch the show when Joey or Duncan or someone good is on anymore. The most interesting part of the show is watching it evolve into an MRA/woke atheist show

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
You definitely dont want to.
humanize your enemy. There are people, who definitely aren't us, who are too dumb to discount their enemy's arguments upon their merit. It is our duty to make sure our enemies are treated like animals.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
they suck

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

fag fag human being retard human being retard human being retard retard retard

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

An Apple A Gay posted:

fag fag human being retard human being retard human being retard retard retard

Jean looked so uncomfortable while that was playing.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Let me explain why Religion is stupid. Jesus Christ we get it shut up.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
After a difficult run, Moshe Kasher is a very tempting listen, as long as Joe doesn't try to Milosplain like with Pete Holmes.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Piquai Souban posted:

After a difficult run, Moshe Kasher is a very tempting listen, as long as Joe doesn't try to Milosplain like with Pete Holmes.

I liked it, Moshe was a good guest.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

a couple of weeks ago on joey or jeans somebody mentioned how hard it is to get booked on joe's show, its like the tonight show with carson, he books like 6 weeks out, and then today he's got scott eastwood on presumably to promote the new car chase movie

gently caress joe hogan's show

edit: the smartest guest hes had was jan irvin

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

DrVenkman posted:

I liked it, Moshe was a good guest.

About an hour in, and it reminded me why I like this podcast in the first place, more than Steven Crowder ever will.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish Joe would get back to just doing shows with lots of Duncan/Ari/Joey like the first couple hundred episodes.

Hes back at the comedy store and if there are a bunch of funny as hell up and coming comics anywhere it's there, he should get them on the podcast. If he's not making money from this then what's the incentive to book these strange and boring people?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
because they're not strange and boring to him, and he doesn't care about what you think? i agree with you, but i think he just does what he wants and knows people will listen regardless. also, i imagine he's making a lot of money from the podcast ads.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

wolfbiker posted:

because they're not strange and boring to him, and he doesn't care about what you think? i agree with you, but i think he just does what he wants and knows people will listen regardless. also, i imagine he's making a lot of money from the podcast ads.

Maybe you're right about not caring. I guess that's the flip-side of him just doing whatever he wants (which is the reason the podcast is so good many times).

He might make money but I still don't think he's doing it for the money, a distinction I should have made.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

hello freak bitches, this episode is brought to you by-

if you are going to do ads on your podcast do them like joe. straight off the bat so you can skip them.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
hopefully Joe's foray into the alt-right was just "these guys are kinda popular, what's up with that" and now he'll have heard how boring they are and move on

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I doubt that Joe Hogan has much in common with ur standard millenial political belief set besides what's socially required of him to maintain his earning potential.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Look, I know Crowder and the euphoric guy sucked. Joe Rogan is a pretty good dude who's had consistently increasing levels of success through his life. I liked him when it was all float tanks, comedy shop talk and DMT, and even if he's currently obsessed with alt-right anti-SJW-obsessed guests, he's not that bad. I wish he would have Joey on more often, because Joey's podcast is pretty bad.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lee sounds like he's a cool guy but drat could Joey use someone more like himself to riff off of. Lee has no loving energy, like 0° Kelvin. He asks good questions but the guy does not compliment Joey at all.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
The Church of What's Happening Now is a shame when the guest is someone interesting and they're just sitting there mute while a paralytic Joey talks about picking up Mercy from daycare at about 12 words per minute.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Also Lee asks questions like a 12 year old with ADHD.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Pocket Billiards posted:

Also Lee asks questions like a 12 year old with ADHD.

And his voice sounds like a 12 year old girl's.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Such a strange dichotomy. You have this hilarious, high-mileage, scumbag felon, who's as grimey as anyone you or I have ever met, and his co host is this fat slob, who at over 30 years of age has barely any life experience.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Smeed posted:

You definitely dont want to.
humanize your enemy. There are people, who definitely aren't us, who are too dumb to discount their enemy's arguments upon their merit. It is our duty to make sure our enemies are treated like animals.
cool take that comes straight out of the fascist playbook. humanity is prone to being hosed up, but we're like that, and we're all the same when you get right down to it.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

lee gets pussy on the reg, but it cancels out when he eats terrible food from garbage sewer oil street food vendors

same with redban

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought Lee was married. If by pussy on the reg you mean his wife he's probably got that girl trapped.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

i'm not gonna listen to hogan until he has andy dick back on

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

always be closing posted:

Such a strange dichotomy. You have this hilarious, high-mileage, scumbag felon, who's as grimey as anyone you or I have ever met, and his co host is this fat slob, who at over 30 years of age has barely any life experience.

Lee is still in his 20's but looks like a 40 year old with a child's voice and mind

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Are you guys saying hogan because of auto correct or is there a joke I missed

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Brazilian Portuguese pronunciation of a first letter R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Dirt posted:

Can we just turn this into a Your Mom's House thread?

JRE is depressing. YMH's often activates the lingam. Easy choice.