Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lockback posted:

I don't even know about this one. If you feel like skipping the content you get the gist from the title.

My(27F) boyfriends(27M) bestfriend(27M) ate my betta fish

I don't see the issue. She doesn't want to see Richard, it doesn't sound like Joe is really fighting to save that relationship. Everyone's happy, including Richard who got a free sushi dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

fish eating one is bizarre, good thing her dog was with her

No self-awareness on this one:
Not sure what my [m34] neighbor [f 20] is up to for the past few months. Been showing her self in the most minimalistic of clothing either in her back yard / pool and also notice her quite often in her room/home (when no is around) walking bare. What is she trying to get at?

Well she can't be trying to shag him, I mean look at that age gap :goonsay:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

fruit on the bottom posted:

I don't see the issue. She doesn't want to see Richard, it doesn't sound like Joe is really fighting to save that relationship. Everyone's happy, including Richard who got a free sushi dinner.

That brings up a very important question:
*in an extremely mgs3 snake voice* how does it taste?

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Pick posted:

Also I would laugh in my husband's face if he went high to get a massage and accidentally got jerked off by an elderly Korean and cried

For real, I would either assume they massively fudged some details or I would laugh and laugh and laugh and never stop.

Also your SO going out of town without you is like a mini-staycation. I always missed the hell out my boyfriends when either of us went away, but it is also kinda fun to briefly return to lowgrade singleness, knowing the person you love will return shortly. And every dude I've been with felt the same.

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 11, 2017

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

fish eating one is bizarre, good thing her dog was with her

No self-awareness on this one:
Not sure what my [m34] neighbor [f 20] is up to for the past few months. Been showing her self in the most minimalistic of clothing either in her back yard / pool and also notice her quite often in her room/home (when no is around) walking bare. What is she trying to get at?

She wears bathing suits in her pool! She's clearly showing off for me. When I look in her bedroom window, sometimes she is naked! This can only be a sign she wants me.

Comes off more like a creeper with wishful thinking than anything else, to me.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bamabalacha posted:

For real, I would either assume they massively fudged some details or I would laugh and laugh and laugh and never stop.

At the very least the woman wasn't in her 60s.

Dienes posted:

She wears bathing suits in her pool! She's clearly showing off for me. When I look in her bedroom window, sometimes she is naked! This can only be a sign she wants me.

Here, look, I've obsessively cataloged every minute of her day and what she is wearing. When you compare this data to national trends you can clearly see...

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I booked a totally legitimate massage seeing as my wife was going to be out of town, I accidentally got jerked off and came in twenty seconds because I hated it so much, I need to call my wife what have I done oh God

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

found this trying to find the creepy neighbor story, this is what it looks like from the other side

My (41F) neighbors are making my nanny (24F) really uncomfortable and I am not sure where to go from here.

u/Weloveournanny

quote:

So I am a single mom of 2 twin boys that well call Luther and Donovan (3). My husband died of cancer 4 months after they were born after being diagnosed for 48 hours. It was obviously a huge shock but luckily I have amazing family and friends that all rallied together and took care of me and my boys. I still see a therapist but the years are passing and can feel the pain fading more and more with each year.

My husband and i were very smart with our money and waited about 10 years before trying for our boys and when he died I received a considerable sum of money in the form of life insurance and such. I also am a trained RN and went back to work about a year after he died and I felt like I could be away from Luther and Donovan. However, going back to work meant placing them into a daycare program. At first it was great but then it wasn't. To spare the details I had one of my boys come home with a cut lip and black eye and magically no one saw how it happened. Granted boys can be boys but that's a fairly large injury for no one to see happen.

So I decided to hire a nanny. I went through a nanny service in my city and was paired with a couple but never really felt the "click" with anyone till I met Tabitha (24). Tabitha and I were instant connection from the moment we met. What's even more is the cnnection she instantly had with my twins, even Luther who is EXTREMELY shy. They all just instantly fell in love and I was so beyond grateful. I come home to a clean house, happy kids, and dinner. I more then make up in compensation to Tabitha in hopes that she'll stay with us for the years to come.

But now my problem is this. Tabitha is stunningly beautiful. I mean the first moment I met her my jaw almost touched the ground. She is the kind of natural beauty that is almost sickening because it's just so unfair that a human can look that good without even trying. Her beauty was obviously never an issue for me at all since she also happens to be an amazing person and nanny for my family.

My husband and I moved into our neighborhood about our 5th year of marriage so these are all families I know very well. Some of them actually were a huge support during the time of his death. Most of the families are young husbands and wives and a few them have nannies as well. They schedule play dates on an app called Meetup and go to parks and fun activities with all the kids. I told Tabitha about it right away and she was extremely excited to be out and about with other adults and to let the twins socialize with other kids. So the first event came and went and I of course asked Tabitha how it went. She seemed a little.... Guarded as she told, "Fine." And didn't go into many more details. I just shrugged it off and honestly didn't think much about it.

About a week later I got a notification for another meetup and told Tabitha about it. She got really really nervous and asked if she had to go. I said of course not but what was the problem? She burst into tears and said that the last play date she went to was awful. She said that the moms refused to even look at her or talk to her and when she asked a simple question of them snapped at her and said, "obviously there's no brains in that pretty body, huh?" She was stunned and decided to take the boys to the park playground since she obviously wasn't welcomed. I guess that the husband of one of these moms chased her down as she was leaving and told her that it was just petty jealously and that he would talk to these women for her since they obviously did not know her and any friend of our family was welcome in the neighborhood. Then he asked for her phone number to schedule more up coming play dates that would be without the drama. Tabitha said that he was really being nice and did not pick up a creepy vibe at all.

Then I guess the texts started. I know this father personally as they are next door neighbors and I just can't believe that he would do this but Tabitha even showed me her phone and it was....sickening to say the least. There's texts asking for nudes, texts saying that he watches her from his wondows, texts that say he's falling in love with her, even a text saying he would pay her $1000 just to smell her hair?!?! What the actual gently caress???? Not only that but hen she started recieving texts from other phone numbers, numbers I don't even have in my phone claiming to be from other fathers in the neighborhood that are "secret admirers" and saying lewd and disgusting things to her.

I literally have no idea what to do. I am not about to give up the nanny that has been nothing short of amazing with my children, that much I know. I know I could probably go to the police for the messages but what can they do? She's not a minor and they never acted upon anything but some of these messages are really unnerving. Should I raise hell in my neighborhood and risk getting blacklisted? Not that I obviously want friends like that any way but I know it will cause a huge up roar. Or should i even consider moving? I just don't know what to do

tl;dr: My wonderful nanny has been getting creeped on by my neighbors and I don't know what to do.

Really quick update: on the phone with realtor who is going to come tomorrow to get the selling process started. Thanks guys.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"I don't have any idea what to do!? If only there were some sort of 'department' that could 'police' the 'laws' against harassment!"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

My sister and I [20s F] interrupted a strange man [50s M] having a sexual conversation with our neighbors [13 F]. It escalated and we called the police. Now we're being blamed for overreacting for nothing.

u/BlackYuppies

quote:

I live in a calm residential neighborhood. There's a large tree in front of my house that kids like to sit under. A couple of my neighbors (13, f) are sitting under the tree. My sister calls me into the living room because an unfamiliar older man is hanging out the window of his car chatting with them.

Strange, but it seemed like they knew him so I ignored it. She called me back when the conversation had escalated to a sexual nature. He was talking to the girls about dating older men, convincing them it wasn’t so bad. Asked their age. They said 13. He explained he had a 14 year old girlfriend but waited until she was 18 to have sex so it was okay.

It was a little creepy so I figured I’d just go outside so he knows people are around. I pretend I'm grabbing something from the car and catch his eye. He smiles. I walk over, greet him and the girls and ask how it's going. He says he's "blessed, and highly favored" with an overly chipper tone. I obviously looked concerned because he directed the girls to "tell her who I am so she won't be worried."

One says, "he's uncle Ed." He claims he’s the girls’ neighbor, lives on the corner and asks if I've seen him around walking a baby down the street. Nope. He adds that he knows their parents, and I can talk to them if I'm concerned. But they seem to know each other so I've done my part. I say, "I don't need to speak with their parents. I just wanted to make sure everything was alright. The conversation seemed a little adult to be having with these young ladies so I thought I'd check in."

He dropped the happy tone and called me rude for coming out and “attacking him”. He says “as an adult, [I] should have pulled him aside. We’re just talking, no adult conversation. They’re fine. They don’t need you coming out here.”

I asked if he, as an adult, normally discussed his sex life with 13 year olds. He denied that ever happened. I said I've been listening for several minutes. I heard you.

"Okay, then-then you need to list out everything I said then." He started to stutter.

No, I don't. You know what you said. We both know.

He grew louder and angry so my sister joined me outside. She reaffirmed that she also heard and felt it wasn’t appropriate. He sends the girls back home to the corner. My sister adds, "you said you have children. You don't think it'd be weird if a grown man was talking to them the way you are?"

He immediately insults her: calls her a "little girl" and says to return to the house and let the adults speak. (Funny. She is older than me.) My sister, while hesitant with conflict, is quick to argue. Sigh. So she starts arguing with the man, telling him that she's grown and he should act like he is too. They're now yelling at each other which is loving pointless. So I try to deescalate and say, sir, you apparently know the girls. Why don't head back home too."

Nope. He rants about how he can stay wherever he wants, yells other profanities, insults us both. Sister yells back. gently caress this. I have to simultaneously calm my sister and get this creep away from our house. (Not to mention, my sister needed to go to work and he was blocking our driveway.) I ask my sister to hand me her phone so I can copy down his plates and let the police resolve this. He says, "sure, and I'll get a paper and copy yours down too."

“Dude, I live here. What's there to report?”

I'm trying to get my sister to hand me her phone but she's too engaged in a verbal battle. I'm like, Sally, please, just give me the phone. So then he mocks me, "yeah, Sally, give her the phone, loving four-eyes." (We both wear glasses. I remind you that this is a grown rear end man with 3rd grade insults.) They continue going back and forth. He insults her hair. She insults his hair. He insults her car. She insults his. He calls us names. She calls him names. I'm just trying to wrangle the phone away. I go towards the front of his car to copy his plates and he accelerates forward towards me. I go for the back plates, he says "and where are you going?" and speeds his car in reverse, threatening to hit me.

I was loving done. I'm not getting ran over for this poo poo. I snatch the phone and call the cops. He zooms away as I read the dispatcher his plate number. Jesus Christ.

I don't know what they told the mother. But about 10 minutes later she knocked on my door with the girls. She thanked me for stepping in “because most people won't”. She said she knows it "may have looked weird" but he really is a "friend." I asked her if he normally has adult conversations with her kids. She said, "oh no, he works at the daycare so he was just talking to them about other kids there."

I disengaged. I no longer wanted anything to do with this mess. I was too emotionally exhausted to try to convince her. If she was fine with it, there was nothing I could do.

Instead, I tried to decompress by talking with friends. Only, I see from my living room that the girls are going around to my neighbors complaining that we called the police for no reason.

I've lived in this neighborhood for the majority of my life and feel I have a good reputation here. My neighbors have celebrated important life events with me. Gave gifts for my graduations. We exchange food and plants. So I'd really hate for my reputation to be sullied due to this.

However, I really want nothing more to do with this. But because we all live in this small neighborhood, I'm wondering if I should acknowledge it further? If the man really does live near, I'll probably see him again. Is it even worth explaining my "side" to the neighbors? Or further engaging the girls' parents? Is it worth apologizing to the man for the sake of cohabitation? Should I just put it all behind us? I have no idea where to go from here.

My guess is the girls appreciated the mature attention. We all wanted to grow up quickly, right? I regret stepping in but when I was their age I wished someone would step in when older men got too personal. Clearly I was wrong.

tl;dr: I inquired about a strange guy talking to my young neighbors. It escalated into a verbal altercation with him threatening to hit me with his car and refusing to leave my house. Now I'm being blamed for calling the police "for nothing". How do I go about cohabiting with these people?

UPDATE

I've contacted the mother. Waiting for her to respond so we can talk but I've detailed her what I shared here.

To everyone who offered advice and support: thank you. I greatly appreciate all of your opinions, stories and suggestions. I will update when I can.

To the "prove to me this happened" people: No. I have much more poo poo to deal with than trying to convince your dumb rear end.

To the "OMG Why Didn't You Do Exactly This I'm So Angry" people: gently caress off. Maybe you're trying to be helpful. BUT THINK: this was a very heated situation. Surely I could've done something different. Hindsight is 20/20. It must be nice to judge from your comfy outsider perspective when you had no involvement. I can't change the past. But again, thanks to those contributing to steps moving forward.

:reddit::reddit::reddit:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Goddamn it people are loving awful.

Murder the town pedophile and move. It's the only way to avoid your neighbours thinking you're a suspicious busybody until he finally gets arrested for molesting kids and they all mysteriously shut up about it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If the girls and their parents are all saying it's fine I'm kind of inclined to say maybe she misheard something? I certainly wouldn't be able to hear a conversation being had from a car in the street from inside my house, even with the windows open

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blue Train posted:

If the girls and their parents are all saying it's fine I'm kind of inclined to say maybe she misheard something?

Yeah that's the problem and how most of these problems become a thing.

Parents are actually terrible at figuring pedophilles are.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Blue Train posted:

If the girls and their parents are all saying it's fine I'm kind of inclined to say maybe she misheard something? I certainly wouldn't be able to hear a conversation being had from a car in the street from inside my house, even with the windows open

lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I dunno I would like to think that if he was trying to bang them they'd have said something. It's not like oh he's an older guy hot, the guy is in his fifties isn't he

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

quote:

Strange, but it seemed like they knew him so I ignored it. She called me back when the conversation had escalated to a sexual nature. He was talking to the girls about dating older men, convincing them it wasn’t so bad. Asked their age. They said 13. He explained he had a 14 year old girlfriend but waited until she was 18 to have sex so it was okay.

It was a little creepy so I figured I’d just go outside so he knows people are around. I pretend I'm grabbing something from the car and catch his eye. He smiles. I walk over, greet him and the girls and ask how it's going. He says he's "blessed, and highly favored" with an overly chipper tone. I obviously looked concerned because he directed the girls to "tell her who I am so she won't be worried."

Rebolding the relevant parts for people who think she is blowing a little harmless child sexual grooming out of proportion.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

just a simple misunderstanding where I as a totally cool dude was was having a fine, normal conversation with a couple of underage girls and what are you writing down GET THE gently caress AWAY I'LL MURDER YOU BITCH

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

just a simple misunderstanding where I as a totally cool dude was was having a fine, normal conversation with a couple of underage girls and what are you writing down GET THE gently caress AWAY I'LL MURDER YOU BITCH

Yea this part is hosed

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

quote:

Instead, I tried to decompress by talking with friends. Only, I see from my living room that the girls are going around to my neighbors complaining that we called the police for no reason.

How did she know they were doing this?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lockback posted:

I assumed she asked about it later.

She wasn't streaming that post live,

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lockback posted:

See this is what I'm talking about she must have superhuman hearing

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

CharlestheHammer posted:

But he's such a nice upstanding man, surely he'd never do anything like that! Now hush and go take some candy from his van.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Lockback posted:

I [27] received a happy ending at one of the most well reviewed/well known spas in Manhattan the day my wife [23] went out of town. I really need input on how to deal with what feels like irreparable damage to our relationship.

"codependent, but in a good way"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

The fact that the thirteen year olds are dumb is in no way evidence this guy isn't a major creep.

His OWN WORDS describe his fourteen year old girlfriend so it's probably safe to assume he's up to some creepy poo poo talking about sex with thirteen year old girls when he thought there was no one around to see him.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Blue Train posted:

I am super inclined to believe that the man talking to children about children and throwing around childish insult also wants to do other things with children.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
She should've given Reddit the plate number so they could take care of this themselves.

... Ehhh who am I kidding this is reddit they'd probably call the guy up just to trade notes on grooming kids :(

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I assumed she asked about it later.

She wasn't streaming that post live,

Nope, she was asking advice IF she should talk to the neighbors or not, so she hasn't spoken to anybody.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
In fact probably the easiest accomplishment I've achieved in my life has been not being accused as a pedophile. It's not that hard, do appropriate things with the appropriate aged people. Don't have weird rear end conversations under the neighborhood kissing tree with minors and you're golden.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tiny Deer posted:

The fact that the thirteen year olds are dumb is in no way evidence this guy isn't a major creep.

His OWN WORDS describe his fourteen year old girlfriend so it's probably safe to assume he's up to some creepy poo poo talking about sex with thirteen year old girls when he thought there was no one around to see him.

this dude is the exact level of subtlety it takes for pedos to get away with raping hundreds of kids over the course of like decades with nobody lifting a finger until after his victims are all growed up

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 11, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Grem posted:

In fact probably the easiest accomplishment I've achieved in my life has been not being accused as a pedophile. It's not that hard, do appropriate things with the appropriate aged people. Don't have weird rear end conversations under the neighborhood kissing tree with minors and you're golden.

Man I dunno I was at the park with my son and his mom and some random rear end woman came up to me saying her daughter said I pinched her and calling me a molestor and poo poo until I called my son and his mom over, then she just kind of wandered off

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tiny Deer posted:

No no, you're taking his words out of context.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

the reason there's always these stories coming out of pedophiles eventually getting caught after raping hundreds of kids over the course of decades without anyone doing anything is because most of them are at least as subtle as this dude, and, well, probably the dozen people who tried to report them for loving children previously were just jelly of his well-groomed barely-legal girlfriend

This guy fits the profile of a child molester for sure.
-Not a total stranger
-Someone known to the victim, but not necessarily close family
-someone with access to children (alone)

Parents will be familiar with the molester but the grooming and harassment happens outside of their view, so the testimony of their own children gets challenged since it becomes he said she said. Parents are much more likely to believe their kids if it is someone the parents don't know or like, but this happens WAY less often.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

this dude is the exact level of subtlety it takes for pedos to get away with raping hundreds of kids over the course of like decades with nobody lifting a finger until after his victims are all growed up

B-b-but what if they just misinterpreted all his creepy behavior?

We must protect the delicate feelings of possible child predators at all costs until we catch them wrist deep in a thirteen year old, sad to say that's all there is to it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand how anybody is reading any of these stories without 100% skepticism. Like even people under oath, in trial lie their asses off and change their stories to try to support whatever narrative they're pushing.

Its best to assume that whatever you're reading is almost certain false to a degree that, had you been there yourself, you would say, "thats not how it happened."

We like to laugh at these because of the picture they paint, not the reality they purport to convey. There is literally no point in trying to parse out what parts are true and what parts are fake.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lockback posted:

Nope, she was asking advice IF she should talk to the neighbors or not, so she hasn't spoken to anybody.

Then probably a tad paranoid.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dude also talked like a youth pastor, which is a giant :redflag: with all his bullshit about "I feel blessed and highly favored."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

blarzgh posted:

I don't understand how anybody is reading any of these stories without 100% skepticism. Like even people under oath, in trial lie their asses off and change their stories to try to support whatever narrative they're pushing.

Its best to assume that whatever you're reading is almost certain false to a degree that, had you been there yourself, you would say, "thats not how it happened."

We like to laugh at these because of the picture they paint, not the reality they purport to convey. There is literally no point in trying to parse out what parts are true and what parts are fake.

:agreed:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Dude also talked like a youth pastor, which is a giant :redflag: with all his bullshit about "I feel blessed and highly favored."

When I was in the south people always said I'm blessed and have a blessed day so I just assumed they're southern

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That post seems to be aimed at you so uh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

That post seems to be aimed at you so uh?

I'm skeptical of the post and what happened in it?????