Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Qwijib0 posted:

Ranch is literally an herbed, mayo-based sauce.

And yet it's still trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

Popeyes blackened ranch is good.

Zaxbys zax sauce is good.

Chick-fil-A sauce is good.

Diabetes is good.

Raising Cane's sauce is superior to Zax Sauce even though it is largely the same stuff.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zaxbys buffalo sauce though is on point

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
"frites sauce" style mayo is pretty dope.

Just straight Hellman's style mayo is disgusting.

Flavored mayo-based things (call it aoli, whatever) can be good.

Egg salad and chicken salad are awesome, in spite of their basic-rear end mayo content

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Qwijib0 posted:

Ranch is literally an herbed, mayo-based sauce.

This explains so much.

Really I just have an aversion to any white sauce except for maybe alfredo if it's mixed with pesto. But even then I'd just rather have pesto on its own

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I was really excited to try Zaxby's but it was kind of disappointing. Raising Cane's, on the other hand, is maybe the best fast food fried chicken (when paired with the dipping sauce) I've had

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

poo poo. Well, the Spring game will certainly be interesting without our presumed staring QB.

My girlfriend is upset because of how "great he looked last year" and is really excited for the upcoming season.

My girlfriend is an unrealistic georgia freaking tech fan.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
ACTUAL loving NEWS?

RIP Russell Athletic Bowl. Hello, Camping World Bowl!

https://twitter.com/CWBowlOrlando (The old RAB Twitter account)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

And yet it's still trash.

hot take: I like ranch, mayo, and aioli on some foods, sometimes.

edit: oxford comma

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

ACTUAL loving NEWS?

how could you not post the tweet with the awful pun

https://twitter.com/CWBowlOrlando/status/851830509185511425

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mike_V posted:

I was really excited to try Zaxby's but it was kind of disappointing. Raising Cane's, on the other hand, is maybe the best fast food fried chicken (when paired with the dipping sauce) I've had

I haven't had zaxby's but we got raising cane's out here pretty recently and I was underwhelmed. Not bad or anything but eh.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Qwijib0 posted:

how could you not post the tweet with the awful pun

https://twitter.com/CWBowlOrlando/status/851830509185511425

poo poo i didn't even see that tweet, i just saw the account name change

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FizFashizzle posted:

My girlfriend is upset because of how "great he looked last year" and is really excited for the upcoming season.

My girlfriend is an unrealistic georgia freaking tech fan.

He played like a champ in the VT game but I think that's mainly due to them not knowing what to expect from him. It seems like they were prepared more for a veer option based offense which was our bread and butter under Justin Thomas, but Jordan wasn't super comfortable with those plays. With Jordan, we ran a simplified playbook with a lot of midlines and QB keepers, resulting in the ridiculous stat that his and Marcus Marshall's rushing yards combined for over 3/4 of GT's total yards in that game. He can definitely run the ball, but he lacks passing ability and option reading. He's definitely gonna be a step down from Thomas but the question is how much he can improve those faults before the Fall. I'm interested to see what our three younger QBs can bring to the table too, I think they all have potential.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

ACTUAL loving NEWS?

CAMPING WORLD BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

I haven't had zaxby's but we got raising cane's out here pretty recently and I was underwhelmed. Not bad or anything but eh.

Canes was a lot better when it was just the one location right off LSUs campus. As they expanded the quality got worse and worse.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pillsburysoldier posted:

For real though, good for AJ McCarron

And i cant way to see the sauce bar for the sushi restaurant include everything discussed on this page so far

I'm aj mccarron and I've been taking notes

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Looks like the College Football Data Warehouse may be down for good. :(

I know there's Winsipedia, but it's not the same. I loved plumbing the depths of defunct college team records, or looking up AP/Coaches Poll finishes. Winsipedia also doesn't have a highly pixellated pic of Bob Stoops that was probably uploaded back in '99.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rice has rebranded

and before you ask, yes, thankfully that rad old english "R" logo survives

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Maryland president has come out and said he expects UNC to get the death penalty for the academic cheating

The death penalty won't get handed out, but its really odd a sitting president would say that. Really odd

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Maryland president has come out and said he expects UNC to get the death penalty for the academic cheating

The death penalty won't get handed out, but its really odd a sitting president would say that. Really odd

Holy poo poo you aren't kidding :stare:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DJExile posted:

Spike Dykes has passed away at age 79 :rip:

Have a looksee at the SWC standings the year Dykes took Texas Tech to the Cotton Bowl:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

man I keep forgetting the SWC was still a thing all the way into the mid 90s.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I am vaguely surprised that anyone else posted about this before I did.

The wordmark has that "this will look incredibly dated in ten years" feeling, and I don't understand why they're using both the script R (which is indeed rad) and that loving wordmark.

The new owl logos look good, though.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TipTow posted:

Looks like the College Football Data Warehouse may be down for good. :(

I know there's Winsipedia, but it's not the same. I loved plumbing the depths of defunct college team records, or looking up AP/Coaches Poll finishes. Winsipedia also doesn't have a highly pixellated pic of Bob Stoops that was probably uploaded back in '99.

A dark day for mankind

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

D.N. Nation posted:

Have a looksee at the SWC standings the year Dykes took Texas Tech to the Cotton Bowl:

My favorite thing was that still-reeling-from-the-death-penalty SMU tied undefeated and bowl-banned Texas A&M. Everyone else aside from UH went 4-3.

6-5 TTU went to the cotton bowl to play #13 USC because they had been to the cotton bowl least recently out of all those teams.

Spike Dykes was basically a .500 coach, but after the decade of suck under Dockery, Moore, and MacWilliams, it was a breath of fresh air for the school.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Disband the Big 12, bring back the Texas Conference

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My fondest wish for conferences is ten team leagues that make geographic sense. At least the states should touch each other.

Florida
FSU
Miami
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Auburn
Alabama
Clemson
South Carolina
Tennessee

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Disband the Big 12, send Texas to the SEC

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

The owl head reminds me too much of Texas State's logo, but the swooping owl is cool.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I'd like to keep OU and OK State, but we can still call it just the Texas Conference.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Doublepost

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

I'd like to keep OU and OK State, but we can still call it just the Texas Conference.

Nah, if we're imagining going back to something OU/Oklahoma State are already claimed by the Big 8, the best little conference ever.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/851914635833901058

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

That bottom one should say "See a trainer now, you might be dying".

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Water sports are popular these days

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

swickles posted:

"No poo poo, dude, your kidneys might be failing."

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

whiteyfats posted:

My fondest wish for conferences is ten team leagues that make geographic sense. At least the states should touch each other.

Florida
FSU
Miami
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Auburn
Alabama
Clemson
South Carolina
Tennessee

kick out auburn and tennessee, add UAB and FAU so the conference can have comic sidekicks and super underdogs

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raku posted:

kick out auburn and tennessee, add UAB and FAU so the conference can have comic sidekicks and super underdogs

That works.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Yeah that guy has rhabdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The bottom one is "you're playing for Oregon now"

• Locked thread