Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

I was impressed by their complete inability to get or make jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

definitely a thursday episode

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It probably only saw a release because of Jane Lynch. It's not like she ever comes in to record episodes.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Daniel Hillard posted:

I was impressed by their complete inability to get or make jokes

Yeah between not getting the SITC/SNL bit or the clowns in Washington bit, I kept listening just to hear how much dumber they could get.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Sounds like the first episode of CBB I'm ever going to skip. How's Drew Tarver's segment?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

That show sounds.... just...... just awful.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's funny because the first joke is about how the beginning is the peak of the episode and it's all downhill from there.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

It's funny because the first joke is about how the beginning is the peak of the episode and it's all downhill from there.

I laughed at the "little Jew" thing and then turned it off.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Is Jane Lynch actually a good comedic actress? She seems pretty celebrated, and I haven't seen much of her work, but she seems to just be playing herself in everything she does, and that's it.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

piratepilates posted:

Is Jane Lynch actually a good comedic actress? She seems pretty celebrated, and I haven't seen much of her work, but she seems to just be playing herself in everything she does, and that's it.

She was good in Role Models.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I actually liked Drew Tarver's character and thought he was really funny, but the first act was either really poorly chosen straight character bits or a bunch of people that don't get the joke and are kind of assholes anytime Scott tries.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

piratepilates posted:

I don't get her appeal either.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
She's really funny in Role Models, Best In Show/A Mighty Wind and her one scene in Walk Hard.

She works best as a straight character who matter-of-factly veers into dark material with nonchalance, but she pretty much phones it in now that she's got her Glee money.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

this episode is unbearable

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Scott making a "clowns in congress" joke and the guests reacting completely unironically was funny though

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was so happy when she was replaced with Megan Mullaley in Party Down, but I seem to recall most goons thinking that was a downgrade at the time.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I think I was actually more attentive and engaged with this episode than most of the others just because I couldnt wait to hear what unfunny poo poo the guests would have to say to any given prompt.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Breadallelogram posted:

Scott making a "clowns in congress" joke and the guests reacting completely unironically was funny though

"I'm pretty sure you stole that joke from twitter"

Jeeeeesus.

Drew Tarver's bit was pretty funny though.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Tarver picked it up a lot.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

One good thing about the episode, I found out about S-town.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I quit at the earnest Twitter/politics stuff. What's a good time point to skip to?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Don't know a time stamp but I skipped forward until I got to the first break and listened from there.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

John Goodman.

Dear are what how calm. Please help me cum right now! Okay there are several little sperms in this ball-cage how do y'all; I can't believe not very

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Laughed so hard at the immediate reaction to the singing

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

FitFortDanga posted:

Middleditch's character sounds way too much like Will Forte Nick Nolte.

updated my post

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
It's amazing how much funnier this episode is than the last one. The contrast between the two back-to-back is really striking.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It really is. I usually don't go for Middleditch's characters, but this has been one of the best he's done, and it's the best episode featuring the lovely lads from SillyCone Valet.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I'd like to see Kumail and Martin do characters and Thomas pick it apart. Maybe next year?!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do love how "angry" Middleditch was at the break and having to "leave".

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Golden Bee posted:

I'd like to see Kumail and Martin do characters and Thomas pick it apart. Maybe next year?!
I was amazed by the amount of effort Martin put in to this one.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Franchescanado posted:

It really is. I usually don't go for Middleditch's characters, but this has been one of the best he's done, and it's the best episode featuring the lovely lads from SillyCone Valet.

I'm still a fan of Joey Tortellini, the unemployed famous DJ pediatrician, lottery winner and former Sudanese warlord.

However I did think the last time he got a call from China his accent did sound more Vietnamese than Chinese so I'm glad they corrected it?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

Did classic Jarles show up?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was really hoping they'd get the cast of the new MST3k reboot, and today my wish was granted!

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

I was really hoping they'd get the cast of the new MST3k reboot, and today my wish was granted!

I'm afraid to listen, like my childhood will be destroyed if it's a bad episode. I still can't bring myself to watch the new episodes.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I'm afraid to listen, like my childhood will be destroyed if it's a bad episode. I still can't bring myself to watch the new episodes.

It's fine. Joel's a little sheepish and gets talked over a few times but he seems pretty game and chimes in at some good points.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Garth_Marenghi posted:

What the hell? The new eps are some of the best ever, and this CBB is pretty funny

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I had low, low expectations for the new series, prefer mike over joel, and never found jonah ray all that funny in anything I've heard him on, but it is really spectacular and feels like a genuine improvement over earlier seasons.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I'm only two episodes in but the second episode movie (Cry Wilderness) is so bafflingly awful that I'd make sure to watch that one quickly after the first (Reptilicus, a ho-hum Danish kaiju movie) if you properly want to give the series a chance.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

What the hell? The new eps are some of the best ever, and this CBB is pretty funny
The new MST3ks aren't bad but they are not the best over. Thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I was nervous too, expecting that Scott's weirdness and dick-and-cum jokes would clash with Joel's, well, Joel-ness, and the whole thing would be uncomfortable and cringe-y.
And then Joel brought up human centipedes, and I was like, Okay, he can handle this crowd.