Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Why does Yahoo have Trea Turner as NA rather than on the DL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Michael Piñata Rollercoaster rolls on.

Though between him and Sale I have a pretty goddamn sexy start to my week in a K/BB league.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

BENOIT CLOSER

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Is trading Sano for a top end closer like Jansen a decent move at this point? My only closer is Familia, and either need to trade him to punt saves or find him a buddy for when he gets back. I can back fill 3B by picking up Moustakas or Drury.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Got offered Trumbo for Will Meyers straight up in a league that has hr/RBI/r/sb/to/avg/ops. I declined as fast as I could.

Welp, that's my Monday night week two story.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

resident posted:

Is trading Sano for a top end closer like Jansen a decent move at this point? My only closer is Familia, and either need to trade him to punt saves or find him a buddy for when he gets back. I can back fill 3B by picking up Moustakas or Drury.

Isn't sano also of

Generally speaking gently caress closers

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
There is a top 5 closer out there who doesn't have a job yet. Happens every year. Make sure you get him.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Isn't sano also of

Generally speaking gently caress closers

Yeah but I have 5 other OF so he will never play there.

I'd love to play the ww closer game but we have that one rear end in a top hat in our league that gets every closer unless I somehow catch the transition after 10pm PST while he is sleeping already.

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.

resident posted:

If you can get Jansen for Sano it's a no brainer. Do it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Moneyball posted:

There is a top 5 closer out there who doesn't have a job yet. Happens every year. Make sure you get him.

vizcaino's my guess

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fromsinkingsands posted:

If you can get Jansen for Sano it's a no brainer. Do it.

Yeah, generally I would waver but that's an upside bet for a position where you can almost always find production (OF) for a Proven Closer™. Yes you can probably find a guy who is going to end up as a proven closer but the odds are probably better this way.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, generally I would waver but that's an upside bet for a position where you can almost always find production (OF) for a Proven Closer™. Yes you can probably find a guy who is going to end up as a proven closer but the odds are probably better this way.

Not that it changes your statement any, but Sano is 3B/OF, not OF

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Having Posey and Gary Sanchez as your teams' catchers is a real kick in the groin this first week of the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Beltre hit a setback with his calf today, fire up your Gallos for the foreseeable future.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Beltre hit a setback with his calf today, fire up your Gallos for the foreseeable future.

Nice

Finally we are in the age of Gallo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

euphronius posted:

Nice

Finally we are in the age of Gallo

Managed to snag him in two leagues (one where I have Beltre.)

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just got offered Keon Broxton for my Sean Manaea. I honestly don't know much about Broxton and I don't really need him, but for keeper value alone I should accept that right?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Jingleheimer posted:

I just got offered Keon Broxton for my Sean Manaea. I honestly don't know much about Broxton and I don't really need him, but for keeper value alone I should accept that right?

I like Broxton a lot and do not care at all for Manea, so sure go for it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I like Broxton a lot and do not care at all for Manea, so sure go for it.

Broxton seems like just a steals guy while Maenea has huge SO potential.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

Broxton seems like just a steals guy while Maenea has huge SO potential.

Broxton has 20/40 potential. I don't know much about Manea to be honest.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jingleheimer posted:

What's the rest of your roster? That one could go either way.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Inspector_666 posted:

My DL now consists of Posey, Beltre and JD Martinez. I look forward to May when I might get my first win of the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

My DL now consists of Posey, Beltre and JD Martinez. I look forward to May when I might get my first win of the season.

I only have 2 DL spots on my ESPN teams, and all four of them are taken up right now, plus I have Donaldson and Carpenter DTD between the two. Posey, Beltre, Sanchez, and Kemp.

It's..not ideal but I managed to have two starting catchers and I always draft so many OFs on both teams so things could be waaaaaaaay worse.

Of course, Sanchez just took up the slot that Osuna juuust vacated.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
OH has been abismal as closer in stl. Jesus.

Who will take over closer duties in St.L ?

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

My team's DL now consist of Sanchez, Kemp, Turner, Bradley Jr, and Segura.

Sheeeeit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Can of Cloud posted:

OH has been abismal as closer in stl. Jesus.

Who will take over closer duties in St.L ?

From his last hold in 2016 through the end of the season

41.2 IP
11.23 K/9
5.20 K/BB
2.16 ERA
1.03 WHIP
.216/.271/.314 opponent slash line

I think I'll take that sample size over 3.2 IP this year but maybe I'm crazy

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also the next guys in line behind Oh are Brett Cecil and Jonathan Broxton so, y'know...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

Also the next guys in line behind Oh are Brett Cecil and Jonathan Broxton so, y'know...

What about Rosenthal?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Thanks to Wil Myers sacrifice something, my team's OBP is lower than their AVG. That's a first for me.

Doltos posted:

What about Rosenthal?

Oh, I guess Siegrist too. Pitcherlist is usually more on top of things :mad:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
My Cespedes-Ozuna-Murphy team had 20 RBI today :stare:

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Why did I draft Buxton? Ugh

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Trevor Rosenthal is the most added player in fantasy baseball. Oh no.

Do with that what you will.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Oh hey, Sam Dyson melted down spectacularly, again

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Moneyball posted:

Trevor Rosenthal is the most added player in fantasy baseball. Oh no.

Do with that what you will.

I feel like Oh is going to get some time to figure it out. Nobody in the bullpen is pitching well whatsoever (I guess aside from Rosenthal's return outing last night).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'd have to imagine that the signing of Cecil should be the death knell for Rosenthal ever closing another game in St. Louis

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

BARTOLO NO

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'd have to imagine that the signing of Cecil should be the death knell for Rosenthal ever closing another game in St. Louis

I don't think they signed cecil with the intent to have him as a closer fail safe option.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Im debating adding Rosenthal or someone little Doolittle. Not much options since one guy took about 6 closers (yes, 6).

I have G. Richards or Buxton to drop. Preferably drop a pitcher.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Should I drop Granderson for one of Souza, Hanigan, or Margot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

Should I drop Granderson for one of Souza, Hanigan, or Margot?

If you are going to do that, I would make it Margot.

• Locked thread