Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

ex post facho posted:

if only the democrats had hundreds of thousands to spend on a vulnerable seat!

Seat didn't look remotely vulnerable until very very recently and there are other races that they have a better shot at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ex post facho posted:

if only the democrats had hundreds of thousands to spend on a vulnerable seat!

they don't

i mean i guess theoretically they have that cash but it's earmarked for 18

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Whoever posted this, gently caress, I've been listening to it non-stop for like two days now, you monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nC5TBv3sfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipO1K24DE90

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
guys does ed balls matter

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
haha you see by doing nothing and still losing to you, we've actually defeated you because

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
keeping me awake

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zikan posted:

that 20k request was for those junk mail things they send out to try to get people to vote, it wouldn't move it 3% points lol

how many people even knew there was a special election though

I vote in everything I can and I was caught off guard last week when my mother called me to inform me that there was a referendum vote happening Tuesday morning, I'd never heard about it until that moment, I ended up being one of like 20,000 people to vote in a 350k metro area

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i try not to use SA posters as representatives of anything out in the greater world.

lmebo if you arent accusing people in the streets of migrating from d&d or telling them the suck zone is leaking

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Concerned Citizen posted:

they don't

i mean i guess theoretically they have that cash but it's earmarked for 18

If only abuela hadn't squandered a literal billion dollars on a single seat that was lost.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
also, dems using this as a bellwether is good since now they know that any seat that went 15-18% red (which is a poo poo load of seats) is in play

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That "sneak attack" stuff is pretty loving dumb though

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
there is no defeat in death

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
you see, it is actually good that the democrat lost

the republican party is lulled into a false sense of security by democrats playing dead

the republicans will soon be history :shepface:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

...the path to victory...

there isn't one

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Squizzle posted:

lmebo if you arent accusing people in the streets of migrating from d&d or telling them the suck zone is leaking

i consistently tell my boss to stop posting during meetings, while posting in c-spam

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm REAL hungry but I don't have a drat thing to eat.

There's a bunch of pigeons outside imma try and hit one with a shoe.

TRUMP!

Get on that intermittent fasting kick bro

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

turn off the TV posted:

*in extremely Democratic voice after actively fighting against active leadership*

It's better to not try and fail than to ever try at all.

there's kind of a forums culture around never being vulnerable and you see it a lot in what you're describing here. anyway, i got a calzone i'm gonna eat now!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

For what it's worth, if Sedgewick county has the same level of turnout as the rest of the district there are still about 50,000 votes left to be counted there. That's 1/2 of the total votes tallied so far.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/851982607587921920

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/851983128822521856

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I vote in everything I can and I was caught off guard last week when my mother called me to inform me that there was a referendum vote happening Tuesday morning, I'd never heard about it until that moment, I ended up being one of like 20,000 people to vote in a 350k metro area

getting the left to vote for a president is hard enough, it's a herculean labor to get them to vote for a special election or, god forbid, midterms

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

lol whatever happened to the <10 is a win crew

I thought you knew better than to expect anything but self-defeating ignorant hate from these hicks

The lesson here is that the path to victory is a combination of running progressives and making GBS threads hard on the GOP so that the CHUDs who will never, ever, ever vote for a Dem ever just don't turn out

You couldn't have asked for a situation more likely to tailor an upset and it still was never gonna deliver. You were warned. Now get screaming and shaming and don't stop until 2020

the <10 crew will be validated if the democrats win the georgia seat

Seriously, this R+15, with less resources and attention, is looking to settle at about a R+6 win. This is good and signals to other GOPers that Tromp bad.

If the dems can imitate this in Georgia, they could have a shot at a normally R+8 seat (and one that Hillary did far better in than KS-4). But they're dems, so.........

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
wait what're you nerds nerding about nnow

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

d trip is frontin if they think they takin easy d's corner

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Some may have forgotten the lesson of 2016 that nothing matters and that hope is a lie.

I didn't though.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

the democratic party should have bused in gangs of inner city thugs to intimidate white people at their polling places, loving DNC has no imagination

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

brugroffil posted:

Seat didn't look remotely vulnerable until very very recently and there are other races that they have a better shot at.

lol to anyone who thought the dems were gonna pick up this seat, but losing by 7 or 8 points is respectable.
GOP about to sound the air horn on Georgia and montana special elections.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

there were 23 candidates in CA-34, each of whom had their own mailers to send to people in the district over a period of weeks. one time i opened my mailbox and it practically exploded from all the pressurized campaign literature that was suddenly let loose

turnout was still under 10%

lotta people just cannot be bothered to vote in off-year elections

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

For what it's worth, if Sedgewick county has the same level of turnout as the rest of the district there are still about 50,000 votes left to be counted there. That's 1/2 of the total votes tallied so far.

"woops, hold on, we've had some sort of error... ...but it's ok because it turns out everyone there voted republican."

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Squizzle posted:

i overhear people say "nice" out in public parks and poo poo and i'm like "hey, guys, who just mentioned 69?" i have a lot of friends.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

this is what's important

knowing where to put money for 2018 is loving huge

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

the democratic party should have bused in gangs of inner city thugs to intimidate white people at their polling places, loving DNC has no imagination

unironically this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

OhFunny posted:

Some may have forgotten the lesson of 2016 that nothing matters and that hope is a lie.

I didn't though.

the lesson i took was literally anything can matter if you say it enough times

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

k trip is now the kkk or ketamine, maybe both at the same time

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Only realistic chance a Dem has in any of these districts is if they run a pro-life. Johnson and Kander ticked every other checkbox and still lost.

I called <10 a victory condition and I'm sticking with it, break out the wine! Sorry you chumps got convinced that these cousin fuckers were ever going to vote for a guy who wasn't rabidly anti-abortion and obsessed with the threat of Muslims blowing up the hayseed bank lmao

Look at the upside. Kansas continues to burn and the GOP sweats bullets anyway because it was a 24 point or whatever shift in 6 months.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

the lesson i took was literally anything can matter if you say it enough times

do you speak of meme magic?

Dr. Van Nostrum
Sep 14, 2007
The "everything Democrats do is bad" posts are really great, but is there any way you guys could contain them to some thread I don't read? Thanks.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

lotta people just cannot be bothered to vote

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Ray posted:

wait what're you nerds nerding about nnow

now that hope has fully evaporated, we can stop trolling and focus on the real nerd results

and plant the seed for future hope to be dashed

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

TildeATH posted:

Whoever posted this, gently caress, I've been listening to it non-stop for like two days now, you monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nC5TBv3sfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipO1K24DE90

i like this, appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
*extremely CSPAM poster voice*

things will matter, unless they don't, but they might

*nods sagely and strokes fake beard*

• Locked thread