Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

Welp, just picked up some NFC devices on same-day delivery. Got my TagMo app ready to go, and just need to try it when I get home.

where'd you buy them from

are they on amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

eonwe posted:

where'd you buy them from

are they on amazon
Yes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so basically all I need to do is buy the nfc 215 tag thingies and have a phone that can write to them (which I have)

then I download a bunch of stuff and do a thing

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Disgusting display of ip theft.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

im glad of it

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
holy crap I thought I finally hit on how to use the carts correctly when I statis-ed and hit it while already inside the cart

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mega64 posted:

The next Zelda game should have 1800 Koroks and you can't fight Ganon pull out the master sword until you find all of them.

ftfy

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Be more sanctimonious about it. That'll win 'em over.

Anyway, I may possibly be in the minority here, but ever since roughly Majora's Mask I've read all Gorons as variants of The Macho Man Randy Savage and I've yet to find any errors.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ProjektorBoy posted:

Anyway, I may possibly be in the minority here, but ever since roughly Majora's Mask I've read all Gorons as variants of The Macho Man Randy Savage and I've yet to find any errors.

I associate the use of the word BROTHER with Hulk Hogan, so they were all hulkamaniacs to me, brother.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ProjektorBoy posted:

Hi. It's his (terrible) gimmick.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hi. It's his (terrible) gimmick.

Nah it's both real and good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just got a patch for BotW. Any idea what it did?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Beastie posted:

It added 50 more shrines and 700 more korok seeds

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Beastie posted:

It was probably the FPS boosting patch (if you're on the switch).

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

This was the second time I've had a patch, wasn't the fps patch from like a week ago?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Drewjitsu posted:

It was probably the FPS boosting patch (if you're on the switch).

FPS patch already happened. This is another one that just came out today.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Beastie posted:

Sounds like maybe just performance?

I wonder if they'll fix Dragon farming? From experience dicking around trying to figure out how to farm them, it seems actually picking up the item once drops triggers them not to spawn anymore and the way around that like Farosh farming spot is actually to not pick them up until you have like 30+ on the ground

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

FPS patch already happened. This is another one that just came out today.

"Nintendo’s official statement is the same as the last patch: “Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.” "

EDIT: Reddit sez that this patch is to fix the infinite arrow farming from mounted archers.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Lobster posted:

I feel like the only person who actually owns all the Zelda amiibo. This is because I have a problem and I have 80 - 90 amiibo plus about 200 of the cards. If I ever start a second file I'm going to be a dirty cheater take advantage of this and scan every last one of them (but Smash Link obviously, no reason to spawn Epona on the Great Plateau) right at the start of the game and just gently caress off with a full rear end inventory.

I spent thousands of dollars on this tat, but the thing is, if I sold it, I would get more thousands of dollars so that's kind of cool. I'm still a dweeb and a loser though for spending that much money on plastic toys and trading cards.
Ehh don't feel too bad, tbh some of the Zelda (or other) amiibos do look cool and since i already have a gf for the past 8 years i dont have to worry about nerding up our apartment in shame. But i really have no place to put them and lol @ insane third party pricing and never being stocked anywhere. If they were like <$10 each and easily available, I'd probably get a few just to put on my desk at work or something but I'm not going to spend the money or time to find the ones that look interesting.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Xaris posted:

Sounds like maybe just performance?

I wonder if they'll fix Dragon farming? From experience dicking around trying to figure out how to farm them, it seems actually picking up the item once drops triggers them not to spawn anymore and the way around that like Farosh farming spot is actually to not pick them up until you have like 30+ on the ground

Shouldn't be, I've farmed them while having stuff in my inventory already.

They're finicky as gently caress though, I'm not sure what triggers them to show up initially. I spent a full in-game day at Dinraal's/Farosh's spawns with no luck, got Lanaryu cleansed but they still weren't spawning at the expected location, left and did a divine beast and came back, and they all started popping up as expected.

And yet, on my first playthrough, I tripped across Farosh at Lake Hylia before I had even done a non-plateau shrine. :iiam:

Xaris posted:

Ehh don't feel too bad, tbh some of the Zelda (or other) amiibos do look cool and since i already have a gf for the past 8 years i dont have to worry about nerding up our apartment in shame. But i really have no place to put them and lol @ insane third party pricing and never being stocked anywhere. If they were like <$10 each and easily available, I'd probably get a few just to put on my desk at work or something but I'm not going to spend the money or time to find the ones that look interesting.

I would gladly buy most if not all of them for display purposes at their retail price but gently caress scalpers. If Nintendo wants my money they're welcome to it but the onus is on them to come up with a sane way for me to hand it to them.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 12, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Shouldn't be, I've farmed them while having stuff in my inventory already.

They're finicky as gently caress though, I'm not sure what triggers them to show up initially. I spent a full in-game day at Dinraal's/Farosh's spawns with no luck, got Lanaryu cleansed but they still weren't spawning at the expected location, left and did a divine beast and came back, and they all started popping up as expected.

And yet, on my first playthrough, I tripped across Farosh at Lake Hylia before I had even done a non-plateau shrine. :iiam:

Not so much that it's in your inventory, its that once you are in an area, shoot it, pickup item, light campfire to reset the timer it won't respawn in that area anymore at that time (but could spawn elsewhere at other times) because it knows youve just picked it up from your current instance or something. But if you're at a spot where it spawns, shoot it, let item drop on the ground but leave it there, campfire to morning then it'll spawn again right away at 5am. It is finnicky though. Sometimes you have to save and reload to clear the spawning mechanism from memory but that generally works well 99% of the time.

And yeah pretty much same. Nintendo kind of hosed them up but maybe that was the whole point or just typical N-competence.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I would gladly buy most if not all of them for display purposes at their retail price but gently caress scalpers. If Nintendo wants my money they're welcome to it but the onus is on them to come up with a sane way for me to hand it to them.

I got all mine at retail price but I fully admit a few times I stood in really early lines to do that. That was all in 2015 though, by 2016 the whole thing had calmed down considerably.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Xaris posted:

Not so much that it's in your inventory, its that once you are in an area, shoot it, pickup item, light campfire to reset the timer it won't respawn in that area anymore at that time (but could spawn elsewhere at other times) because it knows youve just picked it up from your current instance or something.

I didn't originally realize that "waiting while leaving the thing on the ground" wouldn't despawn it and absolutely camped Farosh for scales for gear upgrades for at least a couple cycles. I'm pretty sure either one of us ran into a weird bug, or it's just more "the dragons are a giant flying black box that sometimes work as expected and other times don't" kind of deal.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mega64 posted:

The next Zelda game should have 1800 Koroks and you can't fight Ganon until you find all of them.

Zelda Go Mobile game, aim your phone at interesting places around the city to unlock korok seeds.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Today's fun discovery was How to Cheese Both "Let the Wind Roll the Ball into the Hole" Shrines. It's Stasis. :ssh: They want you to stand on the platform and let the ball roll into the path of the wind so the platform will raise you up to the exit. They want you to set up a little path for the ball to roll through so it doesn't get diverted but... really, all you have to do is carry the ball to the hole, stand in the hole, put it down, stasis it, and then run to the platform. Same exact effect. Doesn't involve abusing octoroks or inventory item physics, doesn't even miss you any treasure chests.

It's my favorite cheese so far. :discourse:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
There's some kind of god drat gravitational vortex loving with my shrine sensor near Hebra North Summit, where do I get this thing serviced?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

There's some kind of god drat gravitational vortex loving with my shrine sensor near Hebra North Summit, where do I get this thing serviced?

Did you find the Hebra Bones? That thing gave me like a headache for almost an hour because i kept diving almost off the cliff, then climbing back up, then loving flying off again because it would send me out there. Cool vistas when the aurora borealis is going on though

Semi locational hint: Go look for a very tiny square patch of water on your map, there's a door you can open

And more hint for the door itself after you get frustrated try a snowball

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Anyways it was time to wrap up the game. Ganon was kind of weak poo poo, especially phase 2. Even Thunderblight was harder really. I did have my timing down perfectly for reflecting beams by the end of the game which felt good though. Still good ending. I think one thing I liked about OoT is there was some personality to Gannon which made the revenge all that sweeter, I wasn't quite feeling him as a boss here.

I think I got about 105 shrines and 150 Korok seeds and by the end I really wasn't finding anymore Korok despite exploring like crazy. I dunno how the gently caress there's 900 of those guys around, jesus. I did wish I knew some of the Korok stuff involve balls and chains and lily circles earlier on because I missed a some that I could have gotten but I still feel like I didn't miss that much and I went to some really obscure areas and climbed almost every peak I could.

If I was still 12 again like during oot, I'd definitely go hunt for every single Shrine and Korok, and then go lookup internet rumors on how to find the triforce and unfreeze zora's domain or w/e, but I have a backlog of ps4 games I want to play and no time, alas. Probably going to start Horizon now.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 12, 2017

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Xaris posted:

Anyways it was time to wrap up the game. Ganon was kind of weak poo poo, especially phase 2. Even Thunderblight was harder really. I did have my timing down perfectly for reflecting beams by the end of the game which felt good though. Still good ending. I think one thing I liked about OoT is there was some personality to Gannon which made the revenge all that sweeter, I wasn't quite feeling him as a boss here.

I liked it because I took this game to be at the way end of the timeline and he ditched all that poo poo eons ago. At this point he's just a malevolent force. I liked the little nod Urbosa gave to him assuming the form of a Gerudo long ago and I was actually pretty creeped out by his first form's' kind of human corpse face. The second form was easy as poo poo but it looked awesome and it was pretty cool to get the light bow.. It felt like a good capper to me but maybe a lot of that is because I beat every shrine and went in there with the classic Link outfit, Master Sword and Hylian Shield.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Yeah, I found that stupid door right after I posted.

Anyway I've done 117 shrines now, and I'm pretty sure I got all of them in Hebra after that, which was the last area of the map I explored. I don't really wanna look up a guide to find the last 3, but I have no idea where the hell to look for them. I did one in the basement of Hyrule Castle, are there any more in there?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

eonwe posted:

so basically all I need to do is buy the nfc 215 tag thingies and have a phone that can write to them (which I have)

then I download a bunch of stuff and do a thing

Yes. Don't be dumb like me and accidentally buy 213 tags. They don't work.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yeah, the 'do-everything-when-you-want-to' poo poo really wasn't the best decision for how they implemented it. By the time I went after ganon, i had every upgrade i could get, and 3/4 of the time he was alive, he spent in that red-shielded invincibility stage. It was a giant wet fart.

You've done all of the quests, right? And no, the dock one is the only one in the castle. Have you encounter gorons challenging you to a heat endurance contest? Or a timed climbing challenge? What about a sand seal race? Have you explored the tingle bros islands?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I think I've done all the quests...where is the heat endurance contest? And I assumed the sand seal race was a pointless 100 rupee reward. I've done the other 2 you mentioned though.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I think I've done all the quests...where is the heat endurance contest? And I assumed the sand seal race was a pointless 100 rupee reward. I've done the other 2 you mentioned though.

Up a cliff on the Gerudo Canyon road - you should be able to see it from the Wasteland Tower. I only found it because I was chasing a star fragment, glided over it and OH GOD I'M ON FIRE IS THIS A NEW YIGA THING, is it hinted at anywhere?

And do the sand seal race.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I just wandered into the heat endurance one by mistake. I don't even remember what I was doing. But suddenly Gorons were like, "BROTHER!" So today my friend Silver Falcon was doing a stream to cheer me up because I have this wicked cold and laryngitis AT THE SAME TIME and she does the Goron one where you climb the wall. I kept trying to indicate to her that there was a second Goron one that she could do, but since I could only rasp feebly and she can't read chat at the same time she streams it didn't work out. NEXT TIME!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
THe goron one was my last one, and i shamefully had to look it up even though I STILL HAD A PIN ON THE AREA FROM WHEN I FIRST MARKED IT AS 'TO VISIT' IN THE MIDDLE OF MARCH

Another one I had trouble finding because i just so happened to miss going there was the two rings quest. Other than that and various one that you could've missed from just not going near enough to them, there are like 5 or 6 from my reckoning that involved finding/blowing open a cave entrance-- two in Hebra, one in Tabantha, one or two in what's-it-called farosh spawn area and i vaguely remember one other that I can't pinpoint...

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Game apparently updated again for "a more pleasant gaming experience" but nobody can actually tell what the update does... besides remove the arrow farming 'glitch.' Apparently used arrows you can pick up off the ground now caps at around 20. :raise:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Supposedly it also fixes a bug where a certain main quest boss disappears and said main quest becomes impossible to complete.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Found a Korok under a rock in a treetop. Impatiently tapped B to skip dialogue, putting rock back on Korok's head. Physics caused the rock to slide off the Korok, pushing me out of the tree and then immediately falling right into my head for a hearts worth of damage.

Fair play, Korok. You win this round. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I would happily buy the amiibos, if they were in stock and not being price gouged by scalpers, so I'm not ashamed to do the NFC tag thing.