Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Booourns posted:

Has any other single thread on the rest of the forums ever led to as many bans for doxxing as this one?
I wonder what makes it special

Helps that most of the bans were for faux doxxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Booourns posted:

Has any other single thread on the rest of the forums ever led to as many bans for doxxing as this one?

the ratio of "bans for doxxing" to "overall posts made" is probably about the same

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I'm glad Derek is gone.

Who is this Derek people are speaking off?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hobold posted:

Is that anything like foxy boxing?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Hobold posted:

I remember when I was banned for linking something that anyone could have googled. Good times.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
If typing Dolvak's proper name is doxxing then half the people in this thread are guilty of doxxing noted internet stalker/racist "Banditloaf".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Booourns posted:

You seem normal and not weird

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Warhawk109 posted:

Battlefront 2 trailer leaked:

https://vimeo.com/212842535

Looks like it's going to have a cool single player campaign. Sure to be out before SQ42.

And a whole 12 people will buy this after having played Battlefront.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

If typing Dolvak's proper name is doxxing then half the people in this thread are guilty of doxxing noted internet stalker/racist "Banditloaf".

Ok, this may be also considered doxxing but the Derek Smart in here is actually video game developer Derek K. Smart.

don't ask me how did I manage to make the connection between the two.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, I meant: don't you think karma has come back to bite him in the rear end?

Hey can you be OP now please

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Uh I did the ban

Beet.. how could you..

Ah well i love this thread any way. Poor derek.

Also good modding beet friend.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MattPostToYT/status/852053797530738688

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

lol Derek

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I love that citizens are so hyped up that CIG is planning the 3.0 schedule now, completely ignoring that it was supposed to already be out over 3 months ago.

And the obvious fact that if it had been in active development then there would already be internal schedules and tracking that just needs to be corolated into the joke "code" and "ui" style graph CIG puts out.

For any citizen reading this thread, realize one of two things is true;
1) CIG has just now really started work on the Jesus patch after finally getting the 2.6 turd pushed out.
2) CIG is massively incompetent with no leadership, people spend months without oversight or set plans in hopes it will eventually work out.

After you have made your choice, get a refund.

P.S. it's really both, but you're supporting a dream and not the game so you've actually already gotten your money's worth. Heck, if anything you should pledge more.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Chin posted:

Truth.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
RIP Derek Smart. You were a poster here.

Edit: Is there going to be some weird announcement from CIG this weekend or is that just people guessing?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sillybones posted:

RIP Derek Smart. You were a poster here.

Edit: Is there going to be some weird announcement from CIG this weekend or is that just people guessing?

DEREK SMART WAS BANNED! Will be the headlines in cigs offices for years to come. Sandi will be just tickled at the turn of events.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
SA took Derek off its forums.

CIG is taking the forums away from Shitizens.

Makes you think.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzmFgdUykVA

American Satan 2017

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dr. Smart banned from this forum.
Sandy tweets the 3.0 schedule at work.
=
Dr. Smart was the blocker.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

How desesperate you have to be to wait for the release of a schedule instead of waiting for progress on the game.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

mods?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RayRoocroft/status/849562329620639746

https://twitter.com/TheBristolBoy88/status/851451285312286720

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Exinos posted:

For any citizen reading this thread, realize one of two things is true;
2) CIG is massively incompetent with no leadership, people spend months without oversight or set plans in hopes it will eventually work out.

It's this.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
doesn't a schedule basically write itself in this scenario? They've basically set themselves a "when it's done" timeline. I mean, the professionals doing the different jobs tell you how long it's going to take them to get done and you write them down and then tweak them a little bit if certain things need to get done before others. Why does it take CRoberts and ERoberts to get together in a room and "work out the schedule"?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

So he's using the new Star Wars droid on his logo, along with a Pipboy knockoff. Is there anyone remotely connected to Star Citizen who can make something without archering?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

starkebn posted:

doesn't a schedule basically write itself in this scenario? They've basically set themselves a "when it's done" timeline. I mean, the professionals doing the different jobs tell you how long it's going to take them to get done and you write them down and then tweak them a little bit if certain things need to get done before others. Why does it take CRoberts and ERoberts to get together in a room and "work out the schedule"?

Because there is no game.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

So he's using the new Star Wars droid on his logo, along with a Pipboy knockoff. Is there anyone remotely connected to Star Citizen who can make something without archering?

No.

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016
I'm at the airport right now thinking about Star Citizen and wondering if somewhere out there Chris Roberts is thinking about me. When, Lo! United announces that they need to bump two passengers and they will offer $300. The terminal is silencio.

I got up and start telling everyone to hold out until at least $5,000...Not all heroes wear capes.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Hopper posted:

And a whole 12 people will buy this after having played Battlefront.

Oddly close to the current player count in Battlefront right now. Sadly, as a person who bought the $100 super deluxe gives-us-all-the-money pack, I just checked this by trying to queue for ANY 40 person match and could only find 7 others before I gave up and uninstalled. I feel grief.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Streaming is the new vaping.

<space for catte>

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

DEREK SMART WAS BANNED! Will be the headlines in cigs offices for years to come. Sandi will be just tickled at the turn of events.

#IStandWithDerek

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016
Up to $400 now and still no takers. Someone's gotta get bashed to get off of a United flight. If they move to eject someone I'm going to intervene like Monsieur Gustave H. done on that train.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Richie Stardust posted:

I got up and start telling everyone to hold out until at least $5,000...Not all heroes wear capes.

But if your had a cape maybe you wouldn't need commercial assistance :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

starkebn posted:

A schedule comparable in immersion has never been done before, certainly not with this fidelity

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Gravity_Storm posted:

Streaming is the new vaping.

<space for catte>

CIG should support some depression charity or something, so many of their streamers/vocal fans suffer from it for some reason.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Star Citizen: No Smart in thread

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

imdb pages are doxxing. :colbert: Enjoy your ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DarkRefreshment posted:

Oddly close to the current player count in Battlefront right now. Sadly, as a person who bought the $100 super deluxe gives-us-all-the-money pack, I just checked this by trying to queue for ANY 40 person match and could only find 7 others before I gave up and uninstalled. I feel grief.
maybe not buy it for the dying and dead platform of PC