Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Interact with your TV a 2nd time, if you haven't watched TV yet that day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm amazed someone actually mentioned the difference between hackers and crackers in this game - and how the former is massively misused. Yet another Best Girl point.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Talk to the tv twice the first time is always that generic tv text. That's why it trips people up so much.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I am now a member of the Church of Makoto. Non-believers, please repent at the door and kindly gently caress off.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I don't think I ever got around to watching any DVDs. I also bought the retro console but only played games on it when Ryuji and Futaba came to visit (which, to be fair, is pretty realistic because I rarely play on my retro consoles unless I've got some friends over to play multiplayer).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Makotowns

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
What determines the level of the fusion result? I'm wasting way too much money trying to get a Sun persona, summoning other personas only to find the resulting fusion is too high level for me to use.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tora ranks up every time you visit him, you don't need a Sun persona when talking with him.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Oh, rad. Thanks!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, Sojiro is so loving good and cool. From what I heard I knew I was going to like him but he's probably my favourite character by this point.

Edit: The game has all of a sudden gone from good to exceptional. This is great.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Viridiant posted:

What determines the level of the fusion result? I'm wasting way too much money trying to get a Sun persona, summoning other personas only to find the resulting fusion is too high level for me to use.

Take the average base level of each Persona. Then check the levels of the Personas of the resulting Arcana list, and take the Persona whose level is equal to or closest above your result.

So as an example, if you fuse Yaksini and Raksasha:

[Yaksini (20) + Raksasha (24)]/2 = 22
Empress + Strength = Chariot

The closest match is Kin-ki, which is a Chariot with a base level of 25.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 12, 2017

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I really, really don't like the 5th dungeon. The gently caress are you supposed to even do in those mini boss fights? I just died and lost like an hour of play because I ran into one with 4 drones and the boss and they just would spam Triple Down and basically kill my guys near outright every single round of combat. And they take so little damage even with using Haru's Psi-resistance break.

Same here. They can't kill me, but I also can't do anything to them. Even using weak points, they only need one turn to totally wipe my team and leave me with only the mc and no way of dealing enough damage to them. I was loving the game but now the thought of going back to it is making me feel sick.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm really happy (late october spoilers) Ryuji is coming clean about being a huge loving idiot and getting caught up in the fame, to the detriment of everyone. Dude sounded legitimately close to tears when talking about how poo poo went wrong. I'm beginning to completely understand why i've seen people say that Palace's 2-5 are completely overshadowed by the endgame.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

enojy posted:

Hnnnngh Becky... I was honestly getting kinda bored with this game until Becky, now I'm all in. It's not the maid thing but I'm definitely hot for teacher :getin:

for me it's the former

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Found some early concept art for the Palace 3 boss:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Getting really loving sick of bullshit unavoidable MC deaths against the palace 5 minibosses. You can't ambush them and if the wrong character gets the first turn (Makoto) and can't target any weaknesses then chances are you're dead.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I feel bad about turning Haru down. She is legitimately pretty down about it :smith:

Maybe in NG+ Haru. You still have my favorite thief costume.

Please huff less helium tho

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I can't be the only person that broke out laughing upon seeing tower kids hat, yeah?

Bardeh posted:

Getting really loving sick of bullshit unavoidable MC deaths against the palace 5 minibosses. You can't ambush them and if the wrong character gets the first turn (Makoto) and can't target any weaknesses then chances are you're dead.

say it with me, arahabaki

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I died like 5 times on that floor because even though I knew I should've been using the persona that repels phys/gun I was an idiot and kept starting the fights with mothman equipped and getting instantly destroyed by 6-9 gun attacks in a row.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
My only beef with the events of December in this game

The whole police station escape plot and 60+ minutes of laughing at Goros lovely attempts at duplicity was wonderful. Overall the twist was wonderfully executed but holy poo poo the scene of Goro and Shido monologuing their backgrounds and motivations at each other. What the hell was that?

It doesn't bring the game down much but talk about loving ham handed. There had to be a more elegant way.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I bought a PS4 for this game and I'm Lulu Cyclone, the mighty wind that's gonna clean up this one-horse megalopolis. With snazzy crime.

I'm gonna start things off by telling anybody and everybody that I was in a castle.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

I'm amazed someone actually mentioned the difference between hackers and crackers in this game - and how the former is massively misused. Yet another Best Girl point.

I literally just got to this point and was very surprised.

Also glad I'm not about to experience some really bad Hacking Into The Mainframe story.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm really happy (late october spoilers) Ryuji is coming clean about being a huge loving idiot and getting caught up in the fame, to the detriment of everyone. Dude sounded legitimately close to tears when talking about how poo poo went wrong. I'm beginning to completely understand why i've seen people say that Palace's 2-5 are completely overshadowed by the endgame.

I was so glad that someone finally said what I had been thinking the whole time.

Makoto is cool but Tae is bae.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Y'know maybe it's a good thing it took me so long to get the Kindness to continue Sojiro's confidant. Because in the middle of all sorts of bad stuff happening Futaba called him dad and he teared up about it. :kimchi:

Edit: It's going to be exceptionally hosed up when the game ends without Joker being adopted by the Sakura's.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Kalsco posted:

Found some early concept art for the Palace 3 boss:

This was the first thing I thought of during that fight.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I feel bad about turning Haru down. She is legitimately pretty down about it :smith:

The only confidants that have felt lead into romance easiest were Anne and Makoto for the ones I've done. The other women have been like "why are you stalking me?" before you choose if you want to keep it platonic or romantic

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Captain Oblivious posted:

Maybe in NG+ Haru. You still have my favorite thief costume.

Please huff less helium tho

I had this moment too. I legit felt so bad. None of the others really seem to mind or notice that the mood was right but Haru was really let down.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Man, Makoto is really busting my balls with this two-week time limit without even a name to go on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CAN SOMEONE IN THIS THREAD EXPLAIN TO ME THE CHRONOLOGICAL WORKINGS OF SAE IN THE FUTURE MAKING AN S. LINK WITH YOU THAT AFFECTS THE PERSONAS YOU FUSE IN THE PAST

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect the personas you fuse in the past. I fused Anubis and got no bonus s-link EXP even though Judgement was at rank 4 or so.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

CAN SOMEONE IN THIS THREAD EXPLAIN TO ME THE CHRONOLOGICAL WORKINGS OF SAE IN THE FUTURE MAKING AN S. LINK WITH YOU THAT AFFECTS THE PERSONAS YOU FUSE IN THE PAST

Igor is a cool dude who knows what's up

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doc Morbid posted:

As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect the personas you fuse in the past. I fused Anubis and got no bonus s-link EXP even though Judgement was at rank 4 or so.

This is also what happened to me, which was frustrating since I wanted me a good Anubis.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So goddamn the game kicks into high gear after the sixth palace.

The classic heist movie 'this is what really happened' stuff was cool as gently caress. Though I'm slightly unclear on two things.

1) On the news they were talking about the Protag's criminal record and stuff when reporting the suicide, but at school your teachers are repeating the fiction you went home for a bit? Is it or isn't it common knowledge you're the leader of thr phantom theives because it seems like people should know?

2) Sae never actually had a change of heart right? Ryougi and Ann faked stealing the treasure with a normal briefcase but her Palace still has to exist since thats how they pull the fake out death and Palaces collapse after the treasure is stolen.

Zore fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 12, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Zore posted:

So goddamn the game kicks into high gear after the sixth palace.

The classic heist movie 'this is what really happened' stuff was cool as gently caress. Though I'm slightly unclear on two things.

1) On the news they were talking about the Protag's criminal record and stuff when reporting the suicide, but at school your teachers are repeating the fiction you went home for a bit? Is it or isn't it common knowledge you're the leader of thr phantom theives because it seems like people should know?

2) Sae never actually had a change of heart right? Ryougi and Ann faked stealing the treasure with a normal briefcase but her Palace still has to exist since thats how they pull the fake out death.

1) It's not.

2) Correct. At that point anyway, but as people have mentioned the Palace probably disappeared later because she had a change of heart on her own after joining the good guys

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 12, 2017

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Endorph posted:

Four Legions on the edge of a subway platform

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

1) It's not.

2) Correct.

It's likely that her palace fell apart on its own now that she's on Team Phantom Thieves and working to get justice rather than simply climbing the ladder of the prosecutor's office. She was never a criminal and her issues were brought to light in a way that wasn't a forced change of heart.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intoluene posted:

It's likely that her palace fell apart on its own now that she's on Team Phantom Thieves and working to get justice rather than simply climbing the ladder of the prosecutor's office. She was never a criminal and her issues were brought to light in a way that wasn't a forced change of heart.

If you pay attention this is foreshadowed by what happens with Futaba: Her coming to terms with herself and awakening her Persona means there's no Treasure in the sarcophagus. People can overcome their own problems, but in both cases, they need an external helping hand. It puts into contrast the selfish and immoral adults. The game's message is ultimately optimistic because change doesn't have to be forced, but you do need to want it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

Leave it to a lawyer to figure out how to exploit a loophole in the space-time continuum.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

FractalSandwich posted:

Leave it to a lawyer to figure out how to exploit a loophole in the space-time continuum.

If Ace Attorney has taught me one thing, it is that a prosecutor and a lawyer are completely different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Endorph posted:

no