Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

dis astranagant posted:

white gems, added chaos damage, empower (usually worth several c unleveled), enlighten (same), enhance.

What are white gems? And those others are just some specific hard to find supports? Cool, thanks. Haven't found any of those so I can just torch the random supply of supports I haven't bothered to look up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I tend to keep all the skill gems I find. Its probably not a good thing to do that. This game is great for hoarding useless stuff, just like monster hunters.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

silvergoose posted:

What are white gems? And those others are just some specific hard to find supports? Cool, thanks. Haven't found any of those so I can just torch the random supply of supports I haven't bothered to look up.

They're white in color instead of red/green/blue. Detonate mines and portal, idk if there's more.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

They're white in color instead of red/green/blue. Detonate mines and portal, idk if there's more.

Ah perfect, I'll keep that one too then. :3:

How do I tell if I should keep superior gems vs trading them in for the prism recipe? Other than "does my build use it", obviously.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

silvergoose posted:

How do I tell if I should keep superior gems vs trading them in for the prism recipe? Other than "does my build use it", obviously.

It's rarely worth keeping a gem with less than 15 quality. Thanks to uberlab farmers you can pick up 20q level 20 gems for under 10 chaos a lot of the time.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

It's rarely worth keeping a gem with less than 15 quality. Thanks to uberlab farmers you can pick up 20q level 20 gems for under 10 chaos a lot of the time.

Intriguing. So just turn em into prisms?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Intriguing. So just turn em into prisms?

yes, unless its an empower,enhance or enlighten.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

silvergoose posted:

Use a public stash tab as your quality gems tab and set the buy-out to a few chaos. You may randomly sell a couple while you save up 50 or whatever gems for the recipe turn-in. If you get tells almost immediately then see if that gem may be worth more than the buy-out and move and re-price accordingly.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

interrodactyl posted:

Twinned Maps: I don't think I have enough grind time to get to Zana 8, is it more worth it to roll these maps or just buy them?

you don't have alts to roll them blue or something?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Majumbo posted:

Use a public stash tab as your quality gems tab and set the buy-out to a few chaos. You may randomly sell a couple while you save up 50 or whatever gems for the recipe turn-in. If you get tells almost immediately then see if that gem may be worth more than the buy-out and move and re-price accordingly.

Have yet to touch anything remotely related to other people except some fine goon giving me a whispering ice.

...how do I set up a public stash tab?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Step 1 is to buy a premium stash tab, and then you right click on the tab and click the public button.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

silvergoose posted:

poe trade macro is great for pricing gems, it takes their quality and level into account.

Also PSA: some leveled gems are worth ludicrous amounts, I sold a 20/18 Purity of Fire for 50c today and level 20 Elemental Weaknesses have been listed at a minimum of 1.4ex for the last week.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have 7 frostbolts cooking right now, 6 of them are 0 quality though. First one that gets to 21/20 is mine, the rest I'm selling as uncorrupted 20/20s. Even having to buy the 120 GCP I should come out ahead.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you don't have alts to roll them blue or something?

I didn't realize twinned could roll as a blue mod, so my stack of 882 alts will come in handy here.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Any (normal) mods can roll as blue mods. Blue items are limited to one prefix and one suffix. Yellow items can have 3 of each. There's a few sites that list them, like this: http://www.exilemods.com/

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Fixit posted:

I tend to keep all the skill gems I find. Its probably not a good thing to do that. This game is great for hoarding useless stuff, just like monster hunters.

Do the Library quest on Normal then Siosa will sell you every gem (except the ones astra listed that are drop-only). Bonus: if you need said gems for a CwDT setup they'll stick to ~level 38 requirement. As others have stated, unless it's qual or drop-only, don't pick it up.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 11, 2017

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Do the Library quest on Normal then Siosa will sell you every gem (except the ones astra listed that are drop-only). Bonus: if you need said gems for a CwDT setup they'll stick to ~level 38 requirement. As others have stated, unless it's qual or drop-only, don't pick it up.

This is good to know. Know my quad tab can be for maps rather than skill gems.

Is there any word on when a auto-sort function will come out?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fixit posted:

*shakes 8 ball* all signs point to never

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vasudus posted:

I have 7 frostbolts cooking right now, 6 of them are 0 quality though. First one that gets to 21/20 is mine, the rest I'm selling as uncorrupted 20/20s. Even having to buy the 120 GCP I should come out ahead.

Trip report:

3x 21s
1x 23% qual
1x 19 downlevel
2x no change

Kept one 21/20 for myself, sold the other two for 3ex a pop.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Nice. Next time around I gotta remember to fill my weapon swap with good primary skill gems.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Fixit posted:

Never. What do you need a sort for w/the item search?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Legacy Statistics

6.4% of Used leaguestones are Breach, 6.1% Perandus.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
And Tempest at rock bottom. Now there's a surprise!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fixit posted:

This is good to know. Know my quad tab can be for maps rather than skill gems.

They said basically never in the Q+A I believe.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got my first divine tempest last night. that was pretty annoying

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The only time I've crashed recently (maybe ever?) is when I was running a Tempest leaguestone. It was pretty consistent, too. I wonder if others had similar experience and that contributes to it being on the bottom of the list?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Valle posted:

And Tempest at rock bottom. Now there's a surprise!

It's a surprise to me, mainly because I figured Talisman and Bloodlines would've been even lower. Seriously, why the hell is Bloodlines so popular?

J
Jun 10, 2001

DaveWoo posted:

Seriously, why the hell is Bloodlines so popular?

More blue packs = better map sustain.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

It's a surprise to me, mainly because I figured Talisman and Bloodlines would've been even lower. Seriously, why the hell is Bloodlines so popular?

Bloodlines is free xp and helps sustain your map pool.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Bouquet posted:

The only time I've crashed recently (maybe ever?) is when I was running a Tempest leaguestone. It was pretty consistent, too. I wonder if others had similar experience and that contributes to it being on the bottom of the list?

I've had way too many crashes this league (no, haven't switched back to DX9, because lazy), and none of them involved Tempest.

Granted, I've only run like 5 Tempest stones ever.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

whypick1 posted:

I've had way too many crashes this league (no, haven't switched back to DX9, because lazy), and none of them involved Tempest.

My buddies were crashing a ton earlier in the league when partying up. Turned off multi threading, and I've only crashed once since. Might want to try that.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

whypick1 posted:

I have been crashing a lot since yesterday. Can't even log on tonight. What gives GGG

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'd have put onslaught at the bottom as it doesn't have any obvious bonus to loot or xp, everything is just harder.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lungboy posted:

I'd have put onslaught at the bottom as it doesn't have any obvious bonus to loot or xp, everything is just harder.

onslaught gives like 20% increased quant of items?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i think initially it didnt but they added the quant when they added the chance for cadiro to spawn on all perandus stones a few days in

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DaveWoo posted:

Talisman for the challenges (you need at least 200 to complete it, 25 more for each duplicate, unless you invest into blue +tier leaguestones)

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Pre: Next Area will contain 3 additional Monsters possessed by Ancient Talismans
Suf: Talismans found in the next Area will be 1 Tier higher

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

onslaught gives like 20% increased quant of items?

Ah right, I didn't spot that they'd changed that.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hamburger Test posted:

Pre: Next Area will contain 3 additional Monsters possessed by Ancient Talismans
Suf: Talismans found in the next Area will be 1 Tier higher

yeah thats worth like ten ex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah thats worth like ten ex

wait serious? i think i used one of those. gently caress.

• Locked thread