Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

Now to decide if I do this now or wait until later in the game to preserve at least some semblance of balance. I do like snatching up all the little treasures in a Palace and it'd probably throw off the difficulty curve a bit to already have my whole team outfitted with top-ranked SP Adhesives. Of course I could just turn it up to hard. Hmmm

Pretty sure 7 SP a turn will give you more time for stat/confidant grinding and not really make combat easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Adhesives just increase how long you can last in a dungeon, they don't really change the calculus of individual battles. If anything, there's a lot of great accessories they take the place of, especially late game, that can turn someone like Yusuke into a beast if you work on his Agility and crit rate.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Pretty sure 7 SP a turn will give you more time for stat/confidant grinding and not really make combat easier

It does make it easier to do the whole dungeon in one go, though, and I kind of enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to do that with the resources I have.

It's a meaningless distinction, admittedly. I already have one SP Adhesive and almost enough money for a second one, and it's not like I'm going to not buy them when I can afford them. Doing the money trick would just get me a full set of them maybe one Palace earlier than I would otherwise.

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

The Adhesives just increase how long you can last in a dungeon, they don't really change the calculus of individual battles. If anything, there's a lot of great accessories they take the place of, especially late game, that can turn someone like Yusuke into a beast if you work on his Agility and crit rate.

They definitely wouldn't change the challenge of boss fights, specifically. I sort of appreciate that the requirement to go in on a separate day to get the Treasure means you're probably facing the boss at full strength (or close to it, if you did some running around to grab locked chests you missed the first time).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this took me actual MINUTES in photoshop. minutes!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm bummed Captain Baal won't change the thread subtitle to a dank "Let's not do that" Morgana meme

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lakbay posted:

I'm bummed Captain Baal won't change the thread subtitle to a dank "Let's not do that" Morgana meme

He's too tired to do that right now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd love to, but I scrolled past the Morgana image and need to go to sleep now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Joke's on you, Mona, I'm at work and I'd love to go to bed!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Wish I could, but I'm at work so... deal with it, y'dumb cat car human.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5eXl1GnZ0

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just picked this game up last night, just got into the high school. I've only beaten P4 once on PS2 so guys lay it out for me. Who is the best romance?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Girl from another school, one of the later party members or both.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Makoto is headcanon

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Get off my dick, Morgana. It's barely even past midnight.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Pretty much all of the girls are very powerful this time around, but Makoto the Best.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Spikeguy posted:

Just picked this game up last night, just got into the high school. I've only beaten P4 once on PS2 so guys lay it out for me. Who is the best romance?

Makoto is the team's mom, and you're the team's dad, so it makes sense.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

enojy posted:

Hnnnngh Becky... I was honestly getting kinda bored with this game until Becky, now I'm all in. It's not the maid thing but I'm definitely hot for teacher :getin:

Someone said the former, but I too am all :getin: on the latter.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Terper posted:

Makoto is the team's mom, and you're the team's dad, so it makes sense.

The game seems to ship characters for you.
Ann - Ryuji
Makoto - You
Yosuke - Futaba
Haru - Cat

I was going to romance Makoto but then I realized that's what they wanted me to do.
Rise up.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Makoto deserved a better palace to be introduced in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

I'd love to, but I scrolled past the Morgana image and need to go to sleep now.

change the thread title to THE PHANTOM THIEVES ARE SUPER LAME

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I'm dating Ann as revenge on Mona for never letting me do anything.

Oh I'm gonna do something tonight, cat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Gorp posted:

Ann - Ryuji
Makoto - You
Yosuke - Futaba
Haru - Cat

I was going to romance Makoto but then I realized that's what they wanted me to do.
Rise up.

hot take but makoto/ryuji is the much more powerful ship, every little exchange they have is hilarious

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Gorp posted:

Ann - Ryuji
Makoto - You
Yosuke - Futaba
Haru - Cat

Rise up.

Yusuke and Futaba antagonizing each other over dumb petty poo poo is really good.

As is their respectful and in depth discussion of the aesthetics of sentai

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
My 100% guide run was finally derailed last night by my inability to tell bio nutrients from organic nutrients; I made up the kindness loss by doing the flower shop instead of a burger run to keep Hermit on track, but then couldn't get Iwai's mission immediately before a scheduled Mementos trip. So now I'm a day behind on Tower and the current palace, but a day ahead ok a couple of books, which will hopefully come out in the wash. Still better than not finishing a confidant as far as I'm concerned.

In other news, they really had no creative energy left by the time they got to Haru, did they? "Here's your newest party member, some girl Morgana bumped into and accidentally took into the Metaverse. She happens by coincidence to be connected to the next boss and she already semi-manifested Persona powers offscreen, because we knew you wouldn't want to see that happen. She likes gardening. You might want to gently caress her if you can rank up in time. Have fun!"

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so happy that the SMT series now has a roster of HD-quality models for their monsters. It's awesome to see Pisaca rendered properly in HD with actual slime textures, or to see Principality depicted with all their armor and details from the artwork maintained. I expect we'll see these same models in the Switch SMT game, so I'm pretty pleased to see how well they came out.

I started with these games back with Nocturne. I remember when the SMT games and their spin-offs were built-on-a-budget titles that relied heavily on mechanics and a few key investments of art to convey their stories. Now, with Persona 5 looking so slick, and being just so polished, outshining even the recent Final Fantasy XV release in just about every way, it feels like we've really entered into a new era for this studio.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

epenthesis posted:

My 100% guide run was finally derailed last night by my inability to tell bio nutrients from organic nutrients; I made up the kindness loss by doing the flower shop instead of a burger run to keep Hermit on track, but then couldn't get Iwai's mission immediately before a scheduled Mementos trip. So now I'm a day behind on Tower and the current palace, but a day ahead ok a couple of books, which will hopefully come out in the wash. Still better than not finishing a confidant as far as I'm concerned.

If you're behind on the 100% guide start using the crap out of Chihaya's boosts. I'm super ahead on the guide thanks to those

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 12, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I realized that what I really want is a P5 spinoff where it's all social links/romance options and Sojiro is your wingman.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I presume on a new game plus with max stats I do not remotely need a guide to max all the confidants?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I presume on a new game plus with max stats I do not remotely need a guide to max all the confidants?

You'd gain so many extra time slots through not having to skill up that you will almost definitely need to go out of your way to not max everyone. Though it probably won't hurt anyway to have one at hand

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Please do not diss Haru, who is a very sweet and romantic girl with a great outfit and also tricks you into drinking elephant dung coffee, thanks

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

LuiCypher posted:

I realized that what I really want is a P5 spinoff where it's all social links/romance options and Sojiro is your wingman.

I want a P5 spinoff where I run the coffee shop with coffeedad and it's very successful.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Man the fifth Palace boss is bad. A bunch of random encounters followed by a boss that literally does basically nothing when you figure out the gimmick

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mr E posted:

I want a P5 spinoff where I run the coffee shop with coffeedad and it's very successful.

It doesn't need to be successful, it just needs to be home :unsmith:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm only in the middle of the confidant but weapons dealer is cooler than coffeedad and Dojima

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I cannot believe I will have to do 9 playthroughs for each of the 9 girls who are all cool and good.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Saint Freak posted:

I cannot believe I will have to do 9 playthroughs for each of the 9 girls who are all cool and good.

10 for the sweet harem ending

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

Lakbay posted:

If you're behind on the 100% guide start using the crap out of Chihaya's boosts. I'm super ahead on the guide thanks to those

Yeah, those saved my rear end a few times when I was inexplicably not ready to rank up on schedule. They couldn't do much about being gated out of a rank up event though.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I'm only in the middle of the confidant but weapons dealer is cooler than coffeedad and Dojima

My favorite part of his link is the scene where you invite him to spend time with you alone in the park at night.

Akira is such a whore.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Does any of you guys know where I can find makoto? I looked near the student council and everywhere in the school but couldn't find her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Saint Freak posted:

Why would you date your little sister, isn't that what Fire Emblem or Baldur's Gate is for