Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Doesn't Lasswell get really good after he gets his enhancements?

No, he's pretty bad. He has some exclusive gear which isn't terrible but the reason you'd use him is for the events that require only story units.

There's a new version of him announced on JP today, 5* base.

Also this crazy rear end thing from the Twelve Weapons Vortex (aka the 10 unit fight):

Mission Clear: Holy Wand [Staff] +16 ATK, +120 SPR, Light Element, [Dual White Magic] & [Holy]

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 11, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hamsystem posted:

Why does he need SPR? To help with HP/MP regen?

Yeah, boosting his spirit means ridiculous mp regen, I believe people were saying 70 / round. It's the only stat he really needs to focus on, drive his actions will be consumed by singing the whole time.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Yeah, boosting his spirit means ridiculous mp regen, I believe people were saying 70 / round. It's the only stat he really needs to focus on, drive his actions will be consumed by singing the whole time.

Ooh drat thanks. Need to see what TMs I have for him and what I need to grind.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

If I'm reading the banner right, only the mid-tier enhancement materials will be in the egg summons. Aren't those the ones that are easy to get?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

If I'm reading the banner right, only the mid-tier enhancement materials will be in the egg summons. Aren't those the ones that are easy to get?

Yes. If you care more about King Minitaurs or LB Pots, it's probably wise to spend your eggs now before the mats dilute the pool.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I see KD has a Refia up. Now I am considering giving Gilgamesh an attempt tonight.

Bartz
Firion
Rain
Cecil
Snow - provoke death tank

Or drag the fight along with

Bartz
Rain
Cecil
Luka
Marie

I'm still trying to figure out who with what elements etc. Bartz and Cecil are major components due to one being a suicide mana battery and the other beefy defense and a healing source.

I am kind of considering setting up Rain as a 4 element banger with dual wield (air knife + runeblade/recent event light sword) + fire/earth in one shot...

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Ramza enhancements will be the new Orlandu, mark my words.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Actually WoL 6* is already the new Orlandu.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Where the gently caress is WoL 6* aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhh :negative:

The delay could mean we're going to get his enhancements at the same time as his 6* form. :pray:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

The delay could mean we're going to get his enhancements at the same time as his 6* form. :pray:

Holy poo poo, his Brave Presence ability awakening is incredible. Don't tease me like that. :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

We gonna get Bedile enhancements before we get that.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

When is reordering abilities coming?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

When is reordering abilities coming?

No one knows. They do seem to release QoS changes faster than events/banners/etc.

We need that, separate arena loadouts, Esper resets, the new friend system, and fusing trust moogles ASAP!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^ I forgot about ability reordering, hopefully that gets here soon.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Holy poo poo, his Brave Presence ability awakening is incredible. Don't tease me like that. :(

Don't forget that his Hope passive turns in to "did you get low on HP but survive? Here, have a massive boost to DEF/SPR for the next few turns" too. Then you fire off The Light Is With Us after healing up, and defend for a turn or two while soaking everything.

WoL with enhancements is amazing.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Another 20 egg summons, another 8 Freija moogles that had to be sold.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Another 20 egg summons, another 8 Freija moogles that had to be sold.

Gumi is giving you the needles, now you just need the heroin . . .

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So we want to just boost up magic as much as you can for Fryevia?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So we want to just boost up magic as much as you can for Fryevia?

Yessir.

Reminders:

1. We have maintenance in 7.5 hours

2. Be ready to buy ~40 material slots for AA mats

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

:toot:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I have enough moogles to get that drat dagger if I could only roll that unit!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I wouldn't mind the deluge of 3* moogles if I could at least squish them together :negative: My OCD compels me to have one of each character anyways, I still have Magitek Armor Terra because ???????

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I notice Fryevia has an ability geared around single-wielding, and giving her dual wield plus Enhancer in her off-hand actually lowers her MAG. I take it then that the tradeoff isn't worth it? Is she good with Doublehand, then?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I notice Fryevia has an ability geared around single-wielding, and giving her dual wield plus Enhancer in her off-hand actually lowers her MAG. I take it then that the tradeoff isn't worth it? Is she good with Doublehand, then?

It's worth the tradeoff because Freyvia apparently chains like Orlandu.

e: Burned 170k eggs pulling for more vestment moogles, got 2 of them.

And 22 Freyvia moogles :shepicide:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 12, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Perhaps the dual wielding guns and improvement to his chaining abilities will make Medius not bad anymore.

Have to see when the numbers are crunched.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Perhaps the dual wielding guns and improvement to his chaining abilities will make Medius not bad anymore.

Have to see when the numbers are crunched.

i thought his chaining ability was essentially impossible to chain and also had a heck of long animation, i think dual wield will technically make it worse

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Apparently we get the very recent JP change to massively buff esper damage.

So now they'll be useful? I don't know exactly how significant it is but hey that's something.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: Issue Report :siren:
[ISSUE DETAILS]

Abilities: Undead Killer, Man-Eater and Bird Killer will be non-stackable after the update.
The abilities Bird Killer and Undead Killer, crafted from their respective recipes, have been noted as being stackable prior to the current version of the game. These killer-type abilities are not intended to stack, and we apologize for the error. 200 lapis will be awarded as compensation for this issue. Other killer-type abilities that can only be equipped once per character are: Man-Eater, Aquan Killer, Stone Killer, Bug Killer, Dragon Killer, Machine Killer, Plant Killer, Spirit Slayer and Syldra's Protection.

Welcome to the No Fun Zone.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kheldarn posted:

:siren: Issue Report :siren:
[ISSUE DETAILS]

Abilities: Undead Killer, Man-Eater and Bird Killer will be non-stackable after the update.
The abilities Bird Killer and Undead Killer, crafted from their respective recipes, have been noted as being stackable prior to the current version of the game. These killer-type abilities are not intended to stack, and we apologize for the error. 200 lapis will be awarded as compensation for this issue. Other killer-type abilities that can only be equipped once per character are: Man-Eater, Aquan Killer, Stone Killer, Bug Killer, Dragon Killer, Machine Killer, Plant Killer, Spirit Slayer and Syldra's Protection.

Welcome to the No Fun Zone.

Huh, I always assumed those were non-stackable. Guess I'm glad I didn't craft/grind more than 3 of each.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So fun oversight, eggs can apparently stack to 99999 if you stick them in the Item shortcut for battles.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, starting Friday, Dangerous Ariana is back, we're getting 5x Friend Points for bringing Friends along, the Egg Innkeeper will sell Purecrysts, and the Egg Pull now has a chance to drop Heavicrysts.

There's also going to be a new Vortex Trial, and it's a double boss: Dark Ifrit and Dark Siren. They're the reason for the changes to non-stackable Killers, since Dark Siren is weak to Bird Killer, and Dark Ifrit to Beast Killer.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat that's a lot of nice free stuff in the inbox. Guaranteed 4* tickets seem cool.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KDdidit posted:

drat that's a lot of nice free stuff in the inbox. Guaranteed 4* tickets seem cool.

Yeah, too bad you need 25 unit slots unused to claim that reward.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glad they give you 750 Lapis. Not like I want to claim it until I burn some energy first.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

Getting a pile of Gigantaurs should be something to celebrate.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I am really, really tempted to burn that 4* ticket now for a Xon attempt.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Khisanth Magus posted:

I tried to claim it, said I didn't have room for it, but it disappeared from my list anyway when I refreshed so hopefully it's a display bug and comes back :(

Edit: reloaded game and it returned

Palleon fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 12, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kalas posted:

Getting a pile of Gigantaurs should be something to celebrate.

If I didn't have to spend 500 lapis or sell a bunch of characters I don't want to sell(or all those freija moogles) I would celebrate!

Dana Crysalis posted:

I am really, really tempted to burn that 4* ticket now for a Xon attempt.

Should I burn it now on a Freija attempt, or save it for whatever point in the future the FF10 banner comes up...

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 12, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Khisanth Magus posted:

If I didn't have to spend 500 lapis or sell a bunch of characters I don't want to sell(or all those freija moogles) I would celebrate!

Should I burn it now on a Freija attempt, or save it for whatever point in the future the FF10 banner comes up...

Off the top of my head, Rikku and Ashe are amazing 4*s worth hoarding for. On the other hand, by the time they come out we'll have more story and I can afford pulls again, assumedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Well holy poo poo.

Last 3 days

Day 1 - Freeeyiyivia
Day 2 - Delitta
Day 3 - daily - 3* banner unit. Bored so I burned a ticket to tempt my coworker to start playing again. Another Freiyiviviviviaiva

I pulled two TGCids on his banner too

5 rainbows in the past month with no 11 pulls. I'm going to Vegas, who's coming with me?

• Locked thread