Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
North Korean workers also have the lowest bmi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Toadvine posted:

We've already been over this you learned nothing from this election and prefer to double down on the democrats misguided efforts.

Can we talk about north Korea or something instead? Your vitriol for the working class is boring

If they were a real working class they'd have jobs instead of begging Daddy Trump for handouts.

Like poo poo you'd think they'd be receptive to their own messaging "Heh what's that you want help? Bootstrap yourself II never took handouts"
*entire small town economy desolated by the inevitable tides of globalization they voted for
"Why should I get an education and job training, god drat Muslim Mexicans"

Mordor She Wrote fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 12, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

*entire small town economy desolated by the inevitable tides of globalization they voted for

How so

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Auto manufacturing

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Or nafta maybe, outsourcing. Could be a lot of things really

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
How did they vote for it tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They voted for Bill Clinton :smug:

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

How did they vote for it tho

By voting the party of the free market?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Blue Train posted:

They voted for Bill Clinton :smug:

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Wow, we all seem to be in agreement for once.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Here's the reality

Yeah, you clearly have a good track record of discerning reality :laffo:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

NAFTA was passed by whom? Obama really stopped that outflow of jobs too right

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Yeah, you clearly have a good track record of discerning reality :laffo:

Hey, at least I could discern that Trump would be a terrible president.:wink:

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

NAFTA was passed by whom? Obama really stopped that outflow of jobs too right

Lol better vote the party of Paul Ryan then.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Prorat posted:

So the first federal election since THE election happened tonight. A republican won, sure it was a republican in KS replacing another but still... maybe instead of focusing on parroting the media's talking points maybe you libs should try and flip a seat. I mean it can't be that hard, BIG DUMB republicans have been flipping them for the last 6 years and TOTALLY STUPID Trump flipped a bunch of states. It can't be that hard with the democrat party is the enlightened intellectual superior party right?

This comment interests me, Prorat, because it is very close to a discussion I had this morning with a person. She told me about the Kansas results, and she was apparently disappointed because media had hyped it as a close race. I told her that Democrats haven't won for years, and probably won't win for years, because the Democratic Party means nothing in these days. They have no identification, and their leadership is associated with fundraisers, banquets, and well-dressed people with big incomes and very clean hands.

I personally believe that the Republican Party is a horrible conglomeration of Christians, greedy folks, fascists, bigots, fearful lurkers, unemployable cretins, and disabled overweight "small business" owners, so I would never vote for that particular party. But I don't personally believe the Democratic Party in general is an actual alternative. It may, in fact, all be a show to keep voters entertained and believing in "the system."

LOVE,
VITALIS

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Lol better vote the party of Paul Ryan then.

And for the billionaire who actually outsourced jobs.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

THE INVISIBLE HAND WILL SAVE US

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Don't you understand that he knew that the only way to survive is outsourcing

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Haha, that's such horseshit and you know it.

Admit it, Spunky - you got conned by a dude whose only talent in life is getting really dumb people to buy his brand.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Majorian posted:

Haha, that's such horseshit and you know it.

Admit it, Spunky - you got conned by a dude whose only talent in life is getting really dumb people to buy his brand.

Well trump is a successful conman

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So globalism is good now?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Hey, at least I could discern that Trump would be a terrible president.:wink:

Weird because according to your post history you literally couldn't understand what was happening around you in realtime until long after he actually won the election

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Weird because according to your post history you literally couldn't understand what was happening around you in realtime until long after he actually won the election

Until?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Lol owned

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Ah yes, telling people to not give up hope when the margins in swing states were literally a few thousand votes. No one ever does that.:rolleye:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Well trump is a successful conman

That is true.

Some people did buy his steaks. Not many, but some.

e: lol

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/852156433047183360

Trump has Alzheimers.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 12, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Majorian posted:

That is true.

Some people did buy his steaks. Not many, but some.

e: lol

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/852156433047183360

Trump has Alzheimers.

lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

So globalism is good now?

The rules of the game are such that to win, you have to act a certain way.

You have to change the rules

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The rules of the game are such that to win, you have to act a certain way.

You have to change the rules

And you thought Donald Trump would change those rules.

When the rules make him even more wealthy.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Full posadism now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

COMRADES posted:

Full posadism now.

Devour all billionaires IMO.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

And you thought Donald Trump would change those rules.

When the rules make him even more wealthy.

If rich get richer while increasing the wealth of the nation and it's inhabitants, there's no problem with that. It's when the rich get richer off exploitation and the middle class and poor get worse off, that's when there is a problem

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's when the rich get richer off exploitation and the middle class and poor get worse off, that's when there is a problem

This is exactly what Trump does, and he has no incentive whatsoever to change that.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
After meeting with China, Trump used the Art of the Deal to get China to stop importing coal from North Korea.

China will now start importing coal from us.

Coal jobs ARE coming back with a bonus of reducing the trade deficit with China.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Vitalis Jackson posted:

This comment interests me, Prorat, because it is very close to a discussion I had this morning with a person. She told me about the Kansas results, and she was apparently disappointed because media had hyped it as a close race. I told her that Democrats haven't won for years, and probably won't win for years, because the Democratic Party means nothing in these days. They have no identification, and their leadership is associated with fundraisers, banquets, and well-dressed people with big incomes and very clean hands.

I personally believe that the Republican Party is a horrible conglomeration of Christians, greedy folks, fascists, bigots, fearful lurkers, unemployable cretins, and disabled overweight "small business" owners, so I would never vote for that particular party. But I don't personally believe the Democratic Party in general is an actual alternative. It may, in fact, all be a show to keep voters entertained and believing in "the system."

LOVE,
VITALIS

Wow an actual good respectful post in this thread? Who is this fresh faced whippersnapper?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Prorat posted:

After meeting with China, Trump used the Art of the Deal to get China to stop importing coal from North Korea.

China will now start importing coal from us.

Coal jobs ARE coming back with a bonus of reducing the trade deficit with China.

That's excellent news. This is the stuff Trump needs to do.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Christians, greedy folks, fascists, bigots, fearful lurkers, unemployable cretins, and disabled overweight "small business" owners

One of these doesn't seem to belong...

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That's excellent news. This is the stuff Trump needs to do.

They get a few more years of barely above poverty line income before the black lung takes them because their insurance will be allowed to deny them.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

They get a few more years of barely above poverty line income before the black lung takes them because their insurance will be allowed to deny them.

A slight improvement over welfare and diabetes, so that's still progress

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

One of these doesn't seem to belong...

You ever worked for a small business? They're poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Blue Train posted:

You ever worked for a small business? They're poo poo

Can confirm, first job out of college was working for a local computer repair shop opened by a super republican who when he tried to pay me the checks bounced and he didn't reimburse me the charge. This happened multiple times.

• Locked thread