Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Makoto hangs out on the road outside school at one point in her link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

For some reason, (ending spoilers) seeing Tora fighting for my release in the ending was really goddamn affecting. I almost teared up, which is loving absurd, but I love that dude.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Where's the beef bowl shop you can work at?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Where's the beef bowl shop you can work at?

Central Street, close to where you come in via Station Square.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did I mess up the game somehow? Why did it give me the Mementos tutorial message when I'm on the 4th palace and I've already done like 10 of those request?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I haven't fought the boss yet, but I tore through the fifth dungeon in one day and man that dungeon suuuucked. I thought the first puzzle had a neat concept but it got super tedious and the third one was just annoying. At least Haru's a rad party member, even if everything about this scenario feels super contrived.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did I mess up the game somehow? Why did it give me the Mementos tutorial message when I'm on the 4th palace and I've already done like 10 of those request?
iunno

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Arist posted:

For some reason, (ending spoilers) seeing Tora fighting for my release in the ending was really goddamn affecting. I almost teared up, which is loving absurd, but I love that dude.

We don't deserve Anime Bernie Sanders, he's too good for this world.

I also really liked Iwai's little part of that too: He's using his yakuza connections to make drat well sure that nobody in the justice system will lay a single finger on you. Gun Dad is amazing. :kimchi:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Gorp posted:

The game seems to ship characters for you.
Ann - Ryuji
Makoto - You
Yosuke - Futaba
Haru - Cat

I was going to romance Makoto but then I realized that's what they wanted me to do.
Rise up.

You can romance Rise in this game?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Weird

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Yusuke looking into what the hacker group is named after was awesome I love you Yusuke.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just fixed the computer and MY GOD IS TANAKA GONNA BE THE CONNECTING PART OF ALL PERSONA NOW? Is his Jingle going to hit and he pulls out a mask to reveal himself as Philemon? "Do I have a once in a life time deal for you! For the low, low price of only this contract I will give you the power of the Wild Card!"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Gorp posted:

Ann - Ryuji
Makoto - You
Yosuke - Futaba
Haru - Cat

I was going to romance Makoto but then I realized that's what they wanted me to do.
Rise up.

I understand why Atlus doesn't do this, but I think it'd be pretty amusing if at least one pair of party members would pair up on their own if you don't romance one of them. Like if you got to the last playable day and didn't romance Futaba, you hear about how she has a Valentine's Day date with Yusuke or something like that. I know they don't do that because they don't want to suggest a canon pairing at all, but it'd be kind of neat to hear more about the characters having social lives of their own independent of the main character's decisions.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The only RPG I've ever heard of doing that is Baldur's Gate 2 where Haer Daelis would could out with Aerie if you didn't do anything

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Lakbay posted:

The only RPG I've ever heard of doing that is Baldur's Gate 2 where Haer Daelis would could out with Aerie if you didn't do anything

Mass Effect did it. Tali and Garrus got together in the third game if left to their own devices.

As for Haer'dalis he actually goes after Aerie regardless :v:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Captain Oblivious posted:

As for Haer'dalis he actually goes after Aerie regardless :v:

This can become a problem if you're going after her at the same time, too. It typically ends with Haer'dalis doing a lovely rendition of what it's like to be a corpse.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm ready to send out Decembers card and Mishima still won't let me get to level 10 on his rank :argh:

Is he just locked out during this month? Will I have a chance to max him out? He's the only idiot I need.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

This may have been addressed already, but I've sort of lost track:

I've just unlocked the 4th dungeon - how far am I into the game? I'm loving it so much that I don't want it to end :(

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pathos posted:

This may have been addressed already, but I've sort of lost track:

I've just unlocked the 4th dungeon - how far am I into the game? I'm loving it so much that I don't want it to end :(

About halfway.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Gorp posted:

Ann - Ryuji
Makoto - You
Yosuke - Futaba
Haru - Cat

Rise up.
quoting this post to correct that Goro is clearly the canon romance for the MC

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Moltrey posted:

quoting this post to correct that Goro is clearly the canon romance for the MC

This is like teaming up with the serial killer in 4, right

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

No, Adachi is way more likable than Goro after all.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Isn't Yusuke gay? :???:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Not even joking, I feel they set up a lot of pins that allowing you to kiss the boys would knock down.

I fully expect Persona 5 Golden to let me love Goro hard enough so he doesn't do a crime

No, Adachi is way more likable than Goro after all.
okay this is just a completely a lie. you are telling falsehoods

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Moltrey posted:

Not even joking, I feel they set up a lot of pins that allowing you to kiss the boys would knock down.

I fully expect Persona 5 Golden to let me love Goro hard enough so he doesn't do a crime

okay this is just a completely a lie. you are telling falsehoods

In both cases the likability is so small it can only be seen and measured by a microscope

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So having just finished the game, I have to agree with the consensus that the endgame pretty much trumps the middle section. Of course, I dated Makoto because Makoto is best girl and anyone else who disagrees with me can fite me irl. The end just felt really satisfying and the gameplay was super fun. Then again, once I got Yoshitsune, I Hassou Tobi'd my way through the game.

I now look forward to my next playthrough where I will play on Merciless and shout at the game for bullshit crits that lead to game overs, trying to get Every social link and deciding who I want to date to time around. I have max every stat except Guts and Proficiency. What are the fastest ways to upgrade them?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thanks to a childhood of fighting games I can't see the name Goro without picturing a giant four-armed mutant.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How many times can you do new game plus? Forever or just once?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man this final dungeon is longer than I expected. Not quite to the end yet but I like how this particular Persona pulls the Giant Space Flea better than the previous two. It's still a Giant Space Flea but it feels a bit more... I dunno, grounded than the others? I like how it's explicitly a humanity-made-god that's loving everyone over because humans are pretty dumb overall. I was also pretty confused when the real Igor showed up and still didn't have his old voice but that'd probably be unfair to Japan.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bogart posted:

Isn't Yusuke gay? :???:

I dunno, dude is way into getting Ann naked. Maybe he's just that passionate about painting the best nude portrait ever

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I am doing NG+ now. Where are the best places to farm XP/Money? I want to grab all the high level Personas I can.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Considering they already have a network feature built in, it would be interesting to see a chart of player preferences when it comes to S-Links/romances

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wrote a lot of my opinions on P5.

In that link

tl;dr it's bad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Staring the third palace and I def see what people are saying about this middle stretch being a bit dire. It certainly won't keep me from playing, but it's def become a lower priority for me during this busy rear end month, which I guess is good actually

In both cases the likability is so small it can only be seen and measured by a microscope
:chloe:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

I dunno, dude is way into getting Ann naked. Maybe he's just that passionate about painting the best nude portrait ever

It's the ~*Aesthetics*~

In one of those same scenes he offhandedly says he has no actual interest in Ann as a member of the opposite sex. I forget the exchange in exact detail and while it's not 100% concrete saying he's gay it kind of heavily suggests it.

Or he's asexual artsexual.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yusuke loves lobsters more than he loves women.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell, same

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's the ~*Aesthetics*~

In one of those same scenes he offhandedly says he has no actual interest in Ann as a member of the opposite sex. I forget the exchange in exact detail and while it's not 100% concrete saying he's gay it kind of heavily suggests it.

Or he's asexual artsexual.

Yeah I thought that might be confirmation he was gay but at the same time, he could just be making an excuse. He does get super flustered when Ann pretends to hit on him really hard to distract him and not really in the "oh no, this is awkward" way but the "oh man, I want this really badly but I can't...!" sort of way.

Maybe I should just take him at his word I guess.

So then why can't Joker date Yusuke :colbert: Let Joker be a gay thief if the player wants

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Harrow posted:

So then why can't Joker date Yusuke :colbert:

because Persona is the biggest tease and loves to give kissable boys that you can't actually kiss

like, gently caress

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yusuke is definitely coded gay even if they never explicitly come out and say it outright (and try really hard at times to go "NO HE'S TOTALLY STRAIGHT HONEST!").

The ones that are explicit about it are either those awful stereotypes in Shinjuku or one of your teachers who super casually mentions it offhand and that's actually really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
He actually shudders when Ann tosses one of her many garments near him.