Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yusuke is also very likely not a romantic type of person and doesn't care about others in that aspect. Like this isn't an is he or isn't he thing, the game chose not to focus on it to emphasize on how obsessed he is with his art more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
There is not enough evidence to conclude anything about Yusukes sexuality

We know with 100% certainty though that he is a space cadet and a grade A goober though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like Yusuke's weird awkwardness a lot, like his repeated assumptions that he can just move in with Ann and it'll be fine

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

TheFireMagi posted:

because Persona is the biggest tease and loves to give kissable boys that you can't actually kiss

like, gently caress
For real

Persona 5 was recordbreaking for Persona game with most kissable girls but then they gave us a glutton of kissable boys but do nothing with them

water water everywhere and not a drop to drink

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Between Kanji and now Yusuke it seems like the Emperor reps might just be predispositioned towards it.

I wouldn't put it past Akihiko either, P3P be darned.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I really wish Yusuke moved into Leblanc for more than a single night. It would've been nice to have a roommate who DOESN'T yell at you to go to sleep at 8pm most nights.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dragonatrix posted:

I really wish Yusuke moved into Leblanc for more than a single night. It would've been nice to have a roommate who DOESN'T yell at you to go to sleep at 8pm most nights.

Ah yes, I require 14 hours of sleep for my ~art~. Lights out please.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, this was super disappointing for me. I just really wanted Matt Mercer my art buddy to live with me, drat it! :argh:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I thought Yusuke was more autistic than gay. Then again, being completely sheltered can make you just as awkward at understanding social norms for basic human interaction, so maybe I'm misreading a simple art obsessed pretty boy too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh! I've been wanting to say I really like how characters have different tone through their texts. Like Ryuji and Ann use a lot of !"s and are pretty upbeat, Yusuke isn't very concise in his texts but still sounds like a kid, Makoto is extremely serious, ending her messages with "Please respond when you get this." Even Tora texts in like two or three sentences and is extremely an Old Person Texting and it feels cool

ApplesandOranges posted:

Between Kanji and now Yusuke it seems like the Emperor reps might just be predispositioned towards it.

I wouldn't put it past Akihiko either, P3P be darned.
Weirdly enough, Akihiko's starting Arcana is Emperor, in P3P Fem's route he becomes Star so idk

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
His reasons for leaving and going back to the dorm are cool though and I appreciate that in this game, far more than the previous ones, you get a sense of growth from the characters.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

Same. Be my spacey adopted brother Yusuke.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

TheFireMagi posted:

Yeah, this was super disappointing for me. I just really wanted Matt Mercer my art buddy to live with me, drat it! :argh:

I got really sad when this didn't happen. I though I'd get to live the Yosuke and Teddy whacky roommate club but alas. :(

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'd certainly be more likely to hang out with him if he was at my house. :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Crabtree posted:

I thought Yusuke was more autistic than gay. Then again, being completely sheltered can make you just as awkward at understanding social norms for basic human interaction, so maybe I'm misreading a simple art obsessed pretty boy too.
He can be both!

His whole situation is a mess, being abused by someone you also love and respect as well as trying to valid yourself to the world, so Yusuke's personality comes from a lotta different places. Yusuke is Yusuke and he's cool.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

His reasons for leaving and going back to the dorm are cool though and I appreciate that in this game, far more than the previous ones, you get a sense of growth from the characters.

Same. I appreciated the game characterized Yusuke so him being socially awkward wasn't his core shtick. He's generally very wise and self-reflective and despite his serious nature, he comes off as one of the more compassionate members of the group especially as the game goes on

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like Yusuke and it's a drat shame he has no place in my lineup

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Lakbay posted:

The only RPG I've ever heard of doing that is Baldur's Gate 2 where Haer Daelis would could out with Aerie if you didn't do anything

Dragon Age II plays with this when Isabella and Fenris hook up if you're romancing neither. Inquisition outright puts Dorian and Iron Bull in a serious committed relationship if you let them do their thing. It's a nice touch.

It would have felt more like a development if he stayed for a week or two and then went back. As it was it was sort of a tease.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Honestly, Yusuke is probably asexual. That kind of stuff gets in the way of his art because lust is a base emotion compared to his appreciation of beauty.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I like Yusuke and it's a drat shame he has no place in my lineup
i like Yusuke more than Ryuji so Yusuke took his place.

We're the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, not the Phantom Thieves Of Min/Maxing

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Moltrey posted:

i like Yusuke more than Ryuji so Yusuke took his place.

We're the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, not the Phantom Thieves Of Min/Maxing

Hey I'll probably use Haru and something tells me Haru is probably not optimal, so :shrug:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yusuke can earn a place on my lineup when Ryuji doesn't invalidate his existence and I stop liking Ryuji

Neither of those are happening tho

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Moltrey posted:

He can be both!

His whole situation is a mess, being abused by someone you also love and respect as well as trying to valid yourself to the world, so Yusuke's personality comes from a lotta different places. Yusuke is Yusuke and he's cool.

I really want to protect him and Fuutaba because they feel the most vulnerable of the group.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there any accessories or way to prevent the first miniboss in palace 3 from mass mind jacking everyone. Got pissed when that happened, as my party started healing the boss and killing each other while the boss started getting weakness hits.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Hey I'll probably use Haru and something tells me Haru is probably not optimal, so :shrug:
Haru is awesome in the late game, especially if you go for a gun build with her.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Sea Sponge Run posted:

She is actually. From a strictly optimization standpoint there is no reason to use a party lineup other than Ryuji/Makoto/Haru

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
smh at all the people who don't mix up their party several times throughout each dungeon. They make it so easy and it keeps you exploring basically for as long as you want.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What if you can have both Yusuke... and Ryuji on the same team!?

Did I just blow your mind.

That was my solution anyway for much of the midgame and for most bossfights until Ann got Concentrate.

But I also leveled Star early and switched up my party lineup a lot.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I took Yusuke to the final boss I don't care how "better" Ryuji is. :colbert:

He's a character I didn't expect to like as much as I do honestly. I've never really paid much attention to the artsy archetype of characters but Yusuke is just such a treasure. Becoming a katana weeb in the Metaverse was basically the icing on the cake.

Also I like how they threw in the whole starving artist thing without actually making it his only characteristic or too overplayed. It's endearing to see him get really excited by food or freak out about not being able to afford subway fare. Especially when he does things like buy multiple lobsters or a giant shrimp platter because he finds them beautiful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I can't start Star because my Charm isn't high enough :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

What if you can have both Yusuke... and Ryuji on the same team!?

Did I just blow your mind.

That was my solution anyway for much of the midgame and for most bossfights until Ann got Concentrate.

But I also leveled Star early and switched up my party lineup a lot.

I had them both on my team back when I played the JP version and wasn't a huge fan

I put Haru as a third on my team instead on this playthrough and not only did she help murder the final boss stuff faster, she got me the loving 250 lines trophy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really wish I had connection to Ryuji, but I don't. I like him for being a bit more self-reflective and feeling guilty than the past Main Persona Friends, but as the group got bigger, I feel he became more comic relief and less an actually interesting person with things to say and contribute and now he's just about how much Ann's hot and he wants Makoto to step on him, which like yeah same dude but come on, we got work here. Meanwhile I got Yusuke and Makoto here being cool and new and lmfao if you think I'm not gonna have Carmen in my team anymore. Sorry bud.....

I like that his social link is more serious and I'm almost done with that so maybe that'll pull me back in, but somehow Ryuji feels like this weird hit and also a miss

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I don't plan to use Haru, but I do plan to drag Ann around the whole game so i feel you

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yusuke totally wanted to see Ann nude and the game plays it straight so I'm not sure why people think he's gay. I seriously don't mind (or care that much) but when she's removing the layers and stuff he has a lot of internal "no I... I'm doing this for the art... I can't let myself get carried away!" lines as well as him getting flustered to high hell despite her awful acting.

Nothing really made me think otherwise and ultimately it's not like it's that important in the first place.

E: In terms of characters that just stop existing I think Ann suffers the most. I was doing the 7th palace and saw her level up icon and genuinely forgot her until then. Then she has her one scene in that dungeon and it's some dude trying to get her in bed and was like yep that's her entire character I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 12, 2017

slev
Apr 6, 2009

"Hey how is your pocket change situation?"

*500k yen in pocket*

Yeah sure give me your 5000 yen.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
For the longest time, optimal or not, I went with Makoto/Ryuji/Yusuke for midbosses and Palace bosses because they could keep up Rakukaja/Tarukaja/Sukukaja respectively. Both Ryuji and Yusuke primarily focused on physical attacks while I used Debilitate with Trumpeter or other Rukunda/Sukunda combos and targeted nukes. Got ridiculous damage whenever I could Baton Pass over to Yusuke too.

Once I got the Star leveled, it was a lot more fun to me to swap out players. I cycled through pretty much the entire party against the final two bosses, as well as the Fifth Palace boss, and that element to me is a lot of fun. I mostly had the main character play healer and support and relied on my team to do the damage, unless I wanted to get serious and then swap in Morgana to take that on.

I want to try a very different style on my NG+, and since I'll be bumping up the difficulty I want to try with a more active approach on Joker.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

slev posted:

"Hey how is your pocket change situation?"

*500k yen in pocket*

Yeah sure give me your 5000 yen.

At one point I had like 180k and I finally got curious and looked up what that would be in US Dollars.

I wish I could casually have $1,600 spending money when I was in high school. Hell I wish I could do that now.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Moltrey posted:

I don't plan to use Haru, but I do plan to drag Ann around the whole game so i feel you

Ann has been permanently benched in my game since Makoto joined. She doesn't even seem to have a weird gimmick like Yusuke's baton pass stuff. And enemies rarely buff themselves in this game so dekaja is kinda useless too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm looking to try and make a super Arsene on second playthrough because he is easily my favorite persona design in the aside from one other special persona I can't name