Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

an adult beverage posted:

The bottom one is "you're playing for Oregon now"

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:perfect:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Christ, our new coach is a loving weirdo

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Which is going to make grinding your stupid asses into dust all the sweeter.

Strong was bad, but I a least had sympathy for him. gently caress Herman

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston's going to have big depth problems this year. There are only 51 players on scholarship right now, and 7 of them won't be in the spring game. Add a small recruiting class of 17 and that's only 68 players for next year.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/cougars/article/Major-Applewhite-dealing-with-numbers-game-at-UH-11066823.php

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

PostNouveau posted:

He'll give ya a hug and a kiss and tell you it's all going to be OK.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I took a dump in the bathroom of the bama weight room once and they had something similar. No jokes on it from what I recall.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

One "storyline" from UGA's camp is that our O-line is actually moving people, which was never talked about at all last spring camp, so maybe we are a little better in the run game / pass protection this upcoming season. It really can't be any worse than last year

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Late 2000s was some how worse from what I recall.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Warbird posted:

I took a dump in the bathroom of the bama weight room once and they had something similar. No jokes on it from what I recall.

Yeah having a chart like that to remind players to hydrate is really common. Even my high school team had them up in the locker room. Ours just didn't yell at me if my pee wasn't clear.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

drat :vince:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Damned good, but may I humbly suggest "Junction Boys" in its place?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/WayneMcGaheeIII/status/852166344220917760

Neato

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

One "storyline" from UGA's camp is that our O-line is actually moving people, which was never talked about at all last spring camp, so maybe we are a little better in the run game / pass protection this upcoming season. It really can't be any worse than last year

Georgia averaged 4.3 YPC against Nicholls State last season. I still can't comprehend that, except I was in the stands and 4.3 actually seems like a lot from what I saw.

vikingstrike posted:

Late 2000s was some how worse from what I recall.

If we're talking 2009 and 2010, those were meh OLs at best but the entire team stunk so they, erm, fit in well I guess. My "favorite" lovely UGA OL is 2003, where they let David Greene get sacked a million times and forced the team to have the worst rushing stats in the SEC. Made the SECCG anyway and were a couple missed FGs away from the BCS because the defense was stocked with NFL talent.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cool. Always fun playing VT.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/north-carolina-hb2-acc-championships-ncaa-boycott-unc-nc-state/rqtmr53jqdub12gtili3pwdei

quote:

A new house bill introduced April 10 states that if the ACC boycotts the state for future championship game sites, the state would force UNC and N.C. State to withdraw from the conference.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

ahaha, good luck with that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I'm pretty sure Swofford would resign if UNC left the conference.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hahahahaha yeah, OK.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

A bill making abortion mandatory would have larger support than this

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

loooooooooooooooooool

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia averaged 4.3 YPC against Nicholls State last season. I still can't comprehend that, except I was in the stands and 4.3 actually seems like a lot from what I saw.

Yeah we were there too and it looked terrible. Like nothing redeeming about that game.

Any UGA Goons going to be in town for the Spring Game?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who the hell would the ACC even replace them with?

sadbearcat.jog

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nuke Raleigh.

Like unc is staring down the death penalty and they think this is a good idea?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Normally UNC would be a team other conferences would jump at but if the awful bathroom bill is the reason they're available taking them is gonna be really bad PR if you're a power 5 conference, and they're looking at potentially crippling sanctions. Dunno how they could possibly think this is a good idea.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Normally UNC would be a team other conferences would jump at but if the awful bathroom bill is the reason they're available taking them is gonna be really bad PR if you're a power 5 conference, and they're looking at potentially crippling sanctions. Dunno how they could possibly think this is a good idea.

Haha, nah they can come to the Big 12, like, today. Texas will have its own bathroom bill soon enough anyway

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

UNC might be big enough in basketball to get their own network, or like a reverse notre fame deal.

Nc state? Uh.....

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FizFashizzle posted:

UNC might be big enough in basketball to get their own network, or like a reverse notre fame deal.

Nc state? Uh.....

Welcome to the AAC, Wolfpack!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Not gonna lie, I'm impressed that NC is doubling down hard on this ignorance. Like it takes balls to be an unabashed bigoted administration in TYOOL 2017. Governor should run for President next.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

vyst posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm impressed that NC is doubling down hard on this ignorance. Like it takes balls to be an unabashed bigoted administration in TYOOL 2017. Governor should run for President next.

It won't pass cause they elected a Democrat as governor with repealing HB2 as the main plank on his platform, this bill is just said unabashed bigots flailing helplessly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

vyst posted:

they folded like a lawn chair when they pulled the same "walk, then" to jerry richardson.

Pakled posted:

It won't pass cause they elected a Democrat as governor with repealing HB2 as the main plank on his platform, this bill is just said unabashed bigots flailing helplessly.

which he of course didn't do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/BradLoganCOTE/status/850756603892690944?ref_src=twsrc

I mean this is just too easy, it's not sporting to try for a joke here.

e: Oh he might have just been joking with some radio guys or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, nah they can come to the Big 12, like, today. Texas will have its own bathroom bill soon enough anyway

Somehow I forgot about the perpetual tire fire that is the big xii but this is probably right.

FizFashizzle posted:

Nc state? Uh.....

That's way harder to do in basketball there are too many games. Even Notre Dame always had a basketball conference they were associated with.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is the Big John's Used Car Auto Emporium Bowl not good enough for Ole Miss?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MourningView posted:

They'd probably be good grabs for the SEC or the Big 12. Although anyone would be a good add for the Big 12.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

vyst posted:

their dumbass shithead legislature just had a bill proposed that would nullify all gay marriages.

you know, that thing that the supreme court dealt with a few years ago

this is just to rally the dumbass troops in that dumbass state

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah we were there too and it looked terrible. Like nothing redeeming about that game.

Any UGA Goons going to be in town for the Spring Game?

I think I'm done with spring games for a while. Last time I went I got sunburned and nothing happened

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

They'd probably be good grabs for the SEC or the Big 12. Although anyone would be a good add for the Big 12.

Every conference would gladly accept UNC if they had to leave the ACC over a political dick-waving contest, and every conference on the east coast would take NC State (I don't think they're a good fit for the Pac-12 or the MWC hth).

I want the ACC to call this bluff so bad, just to see the stammering "well we didn't mean it like this" that would come out of it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pakled posted:

That being saaaaaaaaid,
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/852261105892241413

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

• Locked thread