Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh I forgot that. Also that Yosukes piss ended up being important enough to find the end game dugneon.

I thought that was just the P4 villains obsession room and not really a grave though

It isn't. They're reaching. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh I forgot that. Also that Yosukes piss ended up being important enough to find the end game dugneon.

I thought that was just the P4 villains obsession room and not really a grave though
she hung herself in there. yosuke pissed in the room where she hung herself

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Endorph posted:

I like to think that her shadow just forced her head into a noose.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ornamented Death posted:

I laughed for a solid minute over Futaba's mask, particularly when she gave that dude his coffee.

That whole week was just a whole lot of :kimchi:.

Something I appreciate about that whole thing though is how nobody berates or looks down on Futaba for being an anxious shut-in. There's no "oh my god you're being so ridiculous just talk to us" or "you need to get over this and act like a functional person" or such dialogue. They all just very patiently and lovingly help her work through it at her own pace. It's really lovely. This continues nicely in Futaba's social link too.

Futaba easily ties for first with Yusuke in my favorites club.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mishima

Shut the gently caress up about the god-drat Phansite

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

Hanged.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mishima

listen, i bought a gun...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mishima

HAhaha sure buddy, anyway check out this gun

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

this has been bugging me all game: when you reach the end of any menu, if you try to keep going, the cursor loops back to the first option... EXCEPT FOR FLOOR SELECT IN MEMENTOS WTF WHY

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

man

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Terper posted:

HAhaha sure buddy, anyway check out this gun

Sea Sponge Run posted:

listen, i bought a gun...

This has been the weirdest scene in the game so far and I had no idea how to process it

How is a model gun supposed to protect him

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Mishima

It's a good thing his Confidant increases regardless of what you say to him because he deserves all the poo poo you give him. And at the end of the game, if you max his link, he says that you're his best friend.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Mishima is a fuckin idiot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The truest end is Mishima getting gunned down by Japanese SWAT while saying "muh phansite"

September

Ryuji coming to my room because his roomie's girlfriend came over to his, moments before Ann, who my MC is nailing, comes over to my room. Ryuji, you're out of luck bud

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Lakbay posted:

This has been the weirdest scene in the game so far and I had no idea how to process it

How is a model gun supposed to protect him

It's a model gun that was banned for looking too realistic. So presumably it'd be for intimidating people away.

But he'd probably just stutter around and say it's a fake in front of them because he's an idiot.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I wish there was more cool furniture and things I could buy to spruce up my lovely loft.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mishima would absolutely have become a school shooter if it werent for the phantom thieves

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

HellOnEarth posted:

It's a good thing his Confidant increases regardless of what you say to him because he deserves all the poo poo you give him. And at the end of the game, if you max his link, he says that you're his best friend.

You know who else did that?

Kenji Tomochika.

Just sayin'.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
every mishima scene needs a dialogue option that just says "why are you like this"

akin to "please leave." when akechi is eating dinner at leblanc

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
For anyone struggling with Dungeon 4, make sure you have Isis. She nulls Light and Dark attacks, so she completely walks the high-level Anubises you run into there. I have personas with Divine Grace and Mediarama, so once it's just the law enemy, I turn on rush mode and read a book while my MC knifes it to death surrounded by the corpses of his friends.

Game is excellent, Makoto so far and away Best Girl she's about to lap Ann. And I like Ann fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

More Mishima hate, but September main story stuff so tagging
Are they insinuating he's jerking off now? Hate this dude.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

mishima would absolutely have become a school shooter if it werent for the phantom thieves
he'd fail at that with his fake gun

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm starting to think Kamoshida did nothing wrong, strictly in regards to Mishima tbh

Also, it's kinda disappointing when there are scenes that should be affected by romantic s.links aren't.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just really want to make my loft a happening pad for the hot singles in my area.

Endorph posted:

And then the newspapers would say "We never saw it coming."

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Push El Burrito posted:

I just really want to make my loft a happening pad for the hot singles in my area.

And then the newspapers would say "We never saw it coming."

I mean, you've got a chocolate fountain and a Venus De Milo I'm not sure what else a loft needs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

More Mishima hate, but September main story stuff so tagging
Are they insinuating he's jerking off now? Hate this dude.

Is that the scene in Hawaii? Dude was an idiot and drank the tap water.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Saint Freak posted:

I mean, you've got a chocolate fountain and a Venus De Milo I'm not sure what else a loft needs.

I haven't gotten the Venus yet but I laughed pretty hard at him just sticking a running chocolate fountain in the corner of his room.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

For anyone struggling with Dungeon 4, make sure you have Isis. She nulls Light and Dark attacks, so she completely walks the high-level Anubises you run into there. I have personas with Divine Grace and Mediarama, so once it's just the law enemy, I turn on rush mode and read a book while my MC knifes it to death surrounded by the corpses of his friends.

Game is excellent, Makoto so far and away Best Girl she's about to lap Ann. And I like Ann fine.

Mighty Punch!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is it just me or all of Chihayas mumbles and grumbles really sexy sounding?

"Can... can fate be changed? *Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmm*"

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Meme Emulator posted:

Is it just me or all of Chihayas mumbles and grumbles really sexy sounding?

"Can... can fate be changed? *Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmm*"

It is either enhanced or undercut when she falls into her "country dialect", depending on your preference.

Chihaya is basically my mom though, down to the whole psychic/cult thing, so it's hard for me to consider her as a romantic option.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Is that the scene in Hawaii? Dude was an idiot and drank the tap water.

Yeah, posted before that bit. I like my interpretation of it more. Seems more fitting.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

Chihaya is basically my mom though, down to the whole psychic/cult thing, so it's hard for me to consider her as a romantic option.

Oh, no wonder I went for her then

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I couldn't get Isis to inherit physical abilities so I made a Neko Shogun instead. Nulls bless and strong against curse. Not as 100% safe but I managed to get him setup with Swift Strike, Apt Pupil, Attack Master and Speed Master so enemies didn't get very many opportunities to test their luck with instant death curse skills.

Far more importantly though Neko Shogun is adorable.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Isn't Neko Shogun one of the Strength requests?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm a shapshifterrr, in this masquerade

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

OddObserver posted:

Isn't Neko Shogun one of the Strength requests?

Yup it is. It's worth making the effort to do those requests because they often end up being awesome personas that will carry you for awhile. I held on to Matador for quite awhile and the Seth they ask for to Rank 10 carried me through all of palace 7.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yup it is. It's worth making the effort to do those requests because they often end up being awesome personas that will carry you for awhile. I held on to Matador for quite awhile and the Seth they ask for to Rank 10 carried me through all of palace 7.

Matador is uncommonly good. It took me from the beginning of Palace 3 to the end, where I used it as fuel for a higher level summon (isis maybe?). Then resummoned it so I could have another.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

The only thing that I miss in this game is that Foreign Barker isn't a confidant.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Endorph posted:

list of good jokes in persona 4:

adachi's weird cabbage fetish
the concert in p4g where the guys jump off the stage and the crowd parts and yu lands cooly, yosuke twists his ankle, and kanji just faceplants
i thought there were 4 but i can only think of those two

list of bad jokes in persona 4:
yosuke pissing on a woman's grave
yosuke getting his mouth pissed in
all 53 of the jokes about girls being bad at cooking
all 68 of the fat jokes
all 76 of the jokes where the punchline is a girl is sexually uncomfortable
the entire 'drunk off the atmosphere' sequence (minus rise's drunk voice, which is hilarious)

Drunk off the atmosphere sequence was great. Especially in the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh my god i just understood why the Leblanc café is named such, what an idiot.