Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

I can always rely on Infinitum going on and on about how great pirating things is, or how great indie games are to brighten a depressing day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I haven't pirated a game in a long rear end time, but I certainly won't begrudge the Aussies that do. :shrug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

If you lads in the US suddenly had to start paying 30-40% more per digital product you wouldn't cop a bar of it, so why should we?

:filez:

im not blaming you, I would pirate stuff too if I got dicked over like that.

in fact, I've been in a similar situation in the past too, and I've pirated it

im not saying its a good or cool thing or justifying it, i just will pirate something if I feel like im being screwed or the company isnt making it at least reasonably easy for me to acquire

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I've been feeling depressed all day today so I'm looking forward to this Direct to help cheer me up

I... umm.... I hope you have something else to cheer you up, just in case....

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
When is the direct?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spacebump posted:

When is the direct?

1.5 hrs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I've been feeling depressed all day today so I'm looking forward to this Direct to help cheer me up

hey bud, sorry you are feelin down. i hope you feel better soon, good direct or not.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Switch being region free is such an absolutely incredibly feature for us, that I don't think you yanks will ever be able to truly appreciate it as much as we can overseas.

You look at the last generation and the fact we didn't get certain Selects games here
Super Mario 3D World - Brand new via Amazon US $17USD (~$23AUD)
Super Mario 3D World - Brand new via EBGames Aus ~60USD (80AUD)

The same is pretty much true across the board, and still holds true for the 3DS. Nintendo games never get discounted here, and you're still paying full price here yeaaaaaars after release.

But now? Now we can import cheap as gently caress games once they start being deeply discounted physical copies of games via Amazon later and I'm absolutely drooling with anticipation :3:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats really good! I haven't taken advantage of any games out earlier in any regions just because I don't feel like maintaining multiple accounts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah it's really really good.

Sales :3:

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

katkillad2 posted:

Did anyone weigh in on Has-Been Heroes? How is it playing on a controller? It's also on Steam and kind of looks like playing with a mouse might be better, but would like something else to play on my Switch.

I found the game delightful and just now finally beat it to my satisfaction (all the endings, most of the enemies) at More Than 35 Hours.

I got the impression from playing the Switch version, primarily in handheld mode, that the controls were designed with a console in mind. Reorganizing your characters is unintuitive at first but easy enough to adjust to with buttons; I imagine it'd be more frustrating with a mouse.

e: Also it's a fantastic play-from-bed-for-just-a-little-longer game. I probably logged 8 or so hours from under the covers when I woke up at odd hours of the night.

Hammer Bro. fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 12, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'm sorry you're depressed.

You have friends here in the Nintendo Switch thread. :glomp:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Smoke weed play Zelda. Fight depression

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there any reason/part inside the pro control that makes it expensive or is it just Nintendo marking it way up for profit?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spacebump posted:

Is there any reason/part inside the pro control that makes it expensive or is it just Nintendo marking it way up for profit?

what does your heart tell you

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

eonwe posted:

hey bud, sorry you are feelin down. i hope you feel better soon, good direct or not.

The Bloop posted:

I'm sorry you're depressed.

You have friends here in the Nintendo Switch thread. :glomp:

Thanks, friends :unsmith:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Thinking of just grabbing that 128 SD card while it's on sale instead of going for the 200 gig one... Truth is aside from Mario Kart all major titles I'll be buying physical copies for, and I can't imagine that indie games and VC games are going to take up that much space... Even if by some miracle they include things from the GameCube like rouge squadron there isn't that many old games that I truly need to have... right?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

LionArcher posted:

Thinking of just grabbing that 128 SD card while it's on sale instead of going for the 200 gig one... Truth is aside from Mario Kart all major titles I'll be buying physical copies for, and I can't imagine that indie games and VC games are going to take up that much space... Even if by some miracle they include things from the GameCube like rouge squadron there isn't that many old games that I truly need to have... right?

If you buy physical mainly I can't imagine ever needing more than 64gb.

I bought the last 1st edition+stickers BoI around here because I'm a moron idiot and false scarcity works on me.

:negative:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

The amiibo/NFC reader. All the other things inside are probably also inside the $60 MSRP Sony and Microsoft readers.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The PAL region stream is up. 16 minutes and counting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgnCvlG2hJ0

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

US region!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqgF7eS8WlQ

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm excited, and also glad this one isn't on at 4am or whatever.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hey everyone I'm gonna be excited for this Nintendo Direct I hope that's ok

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress yes vc time

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm at work and my office partner hasn't left for the day. You all are my only hope for updates.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MarcusSA posted:

I'm at work and my office partner hasn't left for the day. You all are my only hope for updates.

the thing you want is confirmed for every switch except yours

thanks,
nintendo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bold move of Nintendo to bring back the Virtual Boy library as the first selection of VC games for the Switch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MarcusSA posted:

Prepare for a bunch of WTFs and AWW MANs!

Is this gonna be in Glorious Japanese Language?

[edit] Man, chat features on Live Streams are a joke. This poo poo is scrolling by at warp speed.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Is there gonna be any difference between the two streams? I don't understand why there's two

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Feenix posted:

Prepare for a bunch of WTFs and AWW MANs!

as well as one word posts like "arms" and "METROID"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to watch and enjoy this direct

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

eonwe posted:

hell, same

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I hope ARMS soon

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

monkeu posted:

Is there gonna be any difference between the two streams? I don't understand why there's two
In the past they've been quite different yes.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
ill watch it but im gonna hate every moment!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I can't watch, the stress is too much.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lemming posted:

I hope ARMS soon

i hope for a farewell to arms

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
30 seconds and we're off

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

eonwe posted:

MODS?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Bill Barber posted:

In the past they've been quite different yes.

So which one do I watch? I'm in Australia but I imagine the US one will be better?

• Locked thread