Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I don't want to, y'know, "defend Ted Rall" or anything, but he was pretty clearly talking about interventionism there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wistful of Dollars posted:

No, they just pretend they do to keep up appearances.

It's like tofu, or avocado.

wtf you're insane

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

lmao how is Spicer so bad at everything

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

And let me make it clear that I'd much rather have Hilary making GBS threads up the Middle East than Trump, if I was forced to have the US poo poo up the Middle East.

At the most optimistic, Trump will gently caress it up so badly that people will finally lose their taste for expensive, perpetual war. But i don't know have that much faith in the American public.

Lackmaster
Mar 1, 2011
What's the most Mr. Fish in existence?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
yep, all of those United toons are terrible

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Lackmaster posted:

This one, from about a month ago:

I read Chris Hedges articles on Truthdig, which posts Fish cartoons on a regular basis so I see most of his stuff passively. Unless there's something else like that buried in his archive somewhere, that's the most egregious one I've seen.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

At the most optimistic, Trump will gently caress it up so badly that people will finally lose their taste for expensive, perpetual war.

If the George W. Bush and the Iraq war couldn't do this I'm not sure anything can. How much more could he gently caress up?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Lackmaster posted:

seems to get brought up the most.

, which is possibly not work safe, is also a thing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If the George W. Bush and the Iraq war couldn't do this I'm not sure anything can. How much more could he gently caress up?
Super ISIS

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tobermory posted:

seems to get brought up the most.

, which is possibly not work safe, is also a thing.

They said most, not best.

The N-word one is also pretty good for best.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The cutline on my first sketch for this cartoon read, “You just got x-rayed, searched, and groped… now you’re surprised we’re taking your seat?!”

But I changed it when I read that United CEO Oscar Munoz said the airline “re-accomodated” the lucky passengers.

CNBC reports Munoz was named communicator of the year by a public relations group in March.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

And furthermore, whats the deal with those peanuts?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

loving around in the Middle East is a big thing with neolibs?

Let this be proof that Rall is so smug and lovely that he'll drive people to back legitimately bad policy.
This is your regular reminder that Ted Rall really only has a a career because he's someone conservatives can point to and say that liberals are smug and lovely, and he is simultaneously too smug and lovely to realize this fact.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I tried to find the "friend of the family 2, Racists 0" cartoon because I thought that was a Mr Fish, but I learned three things: that was a Priggee cartoon, I can't find the original, and watch what you type into Google image search

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Mr. Squishy posted:

Weird that they both whitewash the guy.

You know, at first I thought you were making a joke but then I realized all of the politoons I've seen on the issue feature the victim as a white guy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You know Spicer hosed up incredibly bad if even Ramirez is dumping on him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Any comparison when Hitler comes of in the better light is always going to fail horribly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

He still has his job though...right?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

loving around in the Middle East is a big thing with neolibs?

Let this be proof that Rall is so smug and lovely that he'll drive people to back legitimately bad policy.

But neoliberalism is an actual (bad) thing (and mostly gone from the Democratic Party), not just "anything the Democrats do that I dislike." Was Obama NOT neoliberal when he decided not to bomb Assad?

Of course, Rall absolutely intends it as a slur, so I guess I'm wasting my time. :negative:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Jay Rust posted:

I tried to find the "friend of the family 2, Racists 0" cartoon because I thought that was a Mr Fish, but I learned three things: that was a Priggee cartoon, I can't find the original, and watch what you type into Google image search

I mean, it's not like you couldn't guess which day to look for

(Nov 7, 2012)

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not everyone though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hunt11 posted:

Any comparison when Hitler comes of in the better light is always going to fail horribly.

I mean even when you try for all the other horrible people like Pol Pot and Stalin they just come as "equally bad, but in not quite the same ways".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

.Edward Penischin posted:

Not everyone though.

It really is impressive how the McCoys have managed to make a respectable career out of being a professional edgelord

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

This is one of the best word jokes I've ever seen in a politoon.

I hope it wasn't played too early.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Wuerker posted a video of himself drawing this.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/852262619264290820/video/1

One Pulitzer.

Two Pulitzers, actually.

No Pulitzers yet, thank God.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I just fly in from Chicago and boy is my face bleeding!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

SeANMcBAY posted:

Ramirez is a party shill, not a Trumpist. Watching him repeatedly try to anticipate when the GOP is going to distance themselves fron Trump, before they inevitably fall back in line and he has to do a whiplash 180, has been one small pleasure in the nightmare world we now inhabit.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Welp looks like we're back to lovely Luckovich

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao how is Spicer so bad at everything

If you accept to be the face for a walking PR disaster like Trump, you have to be supremely confident in your abilities as a spokesperson. Dunning-Kruger is there to explain that if you're supremely confident in your abilities, it's because you're just too ignorant to realize that you're completely out of your depth. Therefore, anyone who works for Donald Trump is a complete moron, Q.E.D.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fulchrum posted:

And furthermore, whats the deal with those peanuts?

Honestly though, I flew 7 different carriers already this year and United was the only one where my knees touched the seat in front of me even while sitting up straight. I'm only 5'7".

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Welp looks like we're back to lovely Luckovich

Dadjokes best jokes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Picnic Princess posted:

Honestly though, I flew 7 different carriers already this year and United was the only one where my knees touched the seat in front of me even while sitting up straight. I'm only 5'7".

The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "The aisle isn't even wide enough for a person to go through"

Lackmaster
Mar 1, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

My general observation is the less Mr. Fish a Mr. Fish is - the better. I like their art a lot. Words? Eh.

Motherfucker makes me laugh every time.

Edit: Hmm, though looking back at some more it seems like most of my favorite pieces of art are actually just copied/images with filters on them. The guillotine one's art is kinda meh. But I remember the self portrait of a kkk/captain America being really good?

Lackmaster fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 13, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I wish for more thing happened mashups. But not the ones where people go "thing? No, other thing!"
e: wrong comic.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 13, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

New Garrison, hot off the presses.

Why does Zyklon Ben always draw Trump as some striking manly figure about 40 years younger than he actually is?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Crazycryodude posted:

Why does Zyklon Ben always draw Trump as some striking manly figure about 40 years younger than he actually is?

Because Trump is a pathetic old fatass and it would hurt his petty fascist dreams to draw him even vaguely accurately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crazycryodude posted:

poo poo, stupidly hunky Trump aside, this is head and shoulders above most conservative cartoonists who seem to think North Korea is China's lapdog.

• Locked thread