Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A Handed Missus posted:

Sex Tillerson suppressing the belch like never before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

maga motherfuckers

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the thing about nork is that its an ongoing humanitarian uh not even crisis because its not a disaster that sprung up and needs addressing its a generation ship of tortures and deprivation

but it would absolutely create a humanitarian crisis if you tried to fix that

and you end up in the position of trying to decide for an entire people if a life of torture is better for the individual than death, if thru the deatj their siblings and neighbors and children and grandchildren might live better lives

and shits bad enough there during famines especially that life or death would be a legit tough choice to make for oneself and now we're​talking about making the decision for them

i feel like the diplomatic situation w china has provided a release valve for a while, "well i cant do poo poo wrt noko because itd steam chinas hams something fierce, my hands are tied, realpolitik!!"

but tbh thats kiiiiinda an excuse, w/e the diplomatic costs wrt china it cannot compare to what the people of nk have to deal w from birth, basically to satisfy their dynasty of cobra commander dictators

but even discounting the china thing your still making life death, orphan and kill children, displace people and so on decisions for people you cant ask for input from, w no guarantee as to the shape of the future if you change poo poo

in conclusion korea is a land of many contradictions, where

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hypergastritis begins to leak out into the zeitgeist

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

those out of work coal miners that can't afford coffins for their dead addict children are bursting with pride atm

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

More lies from the Lie King.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Spicer: Yesterday was a bad day for me, my kristallnacht if you will. But during the day.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

the thing about nork is that its an ongoing humanitarian uh not even crisis because its not a disaster that sprung up and needs addressing its a generation ship of tortures and deprivation

and you end up in the position of trying to decide for an entire people if a life of torture is better for the individual than death, if thru the deatj their siblings and neighbors and children and grandchildren might live better lives

and shits bad enough there during famines especially that life or death would be a legit tough choice to make for oneself and now we're​talking about making the decision for them

i feel like the diplomatic situation w china has provided a release valve for a while, "well i cant do poo poo wrt noko because itd steam chinas hams something fierce, my hands are tied, realpolitik!!"

but tbh thats kiiiiinda an excuse, w/e the diplomatic costs wrt china it cannot compare to what the people of nk have to deal w from birth, basically to satisfy their dynasty of cobra commander dictators

but even discounting the china thing your still making life death, orphan and kill children, displace people and so on decisions for people you cant ask for input from, w no guarantee as to the shape of the future if you change poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

Spicer: Yesterday was a bad day for me, my kristallnacht if you will. But during the day.

you might say the press really got their knives out for me. like some kinda long knives night or something

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm kind of shocked that beyond state of the art point defense countermeasures aren't a perpetual South Korean moonshot.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hellsing Ultimate is p dope

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

♫ i don't care if i never come down ♫

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/852318669916876800

lmao sorry for the inconveniencing you while we beat your fellow passenger. in the future beatings will be streamlined so as to not cause delays. thank you for flying united.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This I can at least understand. Lying got him this far, why would he stop now

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

fits my needs posted:

lmao sorry for the inconveniencing you while we beat your fellow passenger. in the future beatings will be streamlined so as to not cause delays. thank you for flying united.

They are going to give them vouchers for United flights and no one is going to wind up using them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really hope United goes the way of Uber where they bleed customers for months until they finally correct the course

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
some real off topic tweets from donny today

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Squizzle posted:

trumps gonna win big league because he is unpredictable just like north korea. He gonna solve the gently caress out of them and make china pay for it

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Unfreezing his own hiring freeze is another sign that things aren't going well for Bannon, I guarantee he was pushing that one hard

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really hope United goes the way of Uber where they bleed customers for months until they finally correct the course

what makes you think Uber has "corrected the course"? lmfao

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Baloogan posted:

maga motherfuckers

Thanks, Obama!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

fits my needs posted:

It owns how everyone is trying the trump method of constantly escalating and refusing to apologize for anything, only to realize they can actually be held accountable by society and immediately crash and burn

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/politico/status/852320197407100928

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
could someone do a mashup of The Sound of Silence and Suicide is Painless?

tia

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

fits my needs posted:

$50 red lobster voucher in exchange for signing away the rights to all that brand damaging video/photos

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/852318950608252928

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

♫ i don't care if i never come down ♫

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

could someone do a mashup of The Sound of Silence and Suicide is Painless?

tia

I agree

Does M*A*S*H still hold up today? Thinking about watching the show/movie

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol why even loving fly united since they'll happily drag you off the plane and bust your teeth in if your number comes up. It's like a lottery and that's the "well at least we didn't kill all of you in a crash, right?" prize.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lol k

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fits my needs posted:

what makes you think Uber has "corrected the course"? lmfao

uber is still poo poo but they're not constantly in the news about losing huge portions of their userbase so I assume they managed to stop the bleeding

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

I agree

I think the show holds up alright, mostly on the strength of its cast.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yossarian-22 posted:

I agree

movie holds up cinematagraphically but some of the poo poo the characters do would make you an irredeemable piece of poo poo in today's world

SO ITS AN ACCURATE PORTRAYAL OF ARMY LIFE boom piping hot take from me

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this feels like a rerun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yossarian-22 posted:

I agree

Is the show on streaming anywhere? I know the movie is on HBO

I wanna watch too

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
nork and nimby

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

bump_fn posted:

nork and nimby

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

uber is still poo poo but they're not constantly in the news about losing huge portions of their userbase so I assume they managed to stop the bleeding

Nah now the news is about bleeding execs

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/technology/uber-executives-leaving-company.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=ube...L-KzgiXNQ_1:273

Their head of communications just bailed today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/852314039212322816

• Locked thread