Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Ouch, yeah, I just saw they're doing the Starfinger figs.

I'll always remember talking to an industry professional at GenCon familiar with them when RRT was still going, and their description of Ninja Division as "a bunch of clownshoes" will always stick in my mind. Mind, I don't know if they actually wear clownshoes, I've never spent too much time at their booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I would have thought after the Relic Knights 1 debacle that any other company in their right mind would avoid partnering with them. I still remember the buck-passing between them and CMON when people started reporting missing items with neither company taking responsibility.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm seeing pictures of people getting their copies of Unknown Armies 3e; looks like they're stealth shipping! :dance:

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm seeing pictures of people getting their copies of Unknown Armies 3e; looks like they're stealth shipping! :dance:

Mine just came in today, I already read the PDFs but it's cool to have the books in my hands!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Did you get a shipping notification or did it just show up unannounced?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Speaking of stuff showing up, "What Ho World" is now in my possession. Very nicely produced, the artwork really works on the cards.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm 99% sure mine was attempted delivery (Canada Post sucks though) I'll check tomorrow at the post office but I did not receive any notification.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I meant like an email or something.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

mllaneza posted:

Speaking of stuff showing up, "What Ho World" is now in my possession. Very nicely produced, the artwork really works on the cards.

Very excited to see it arriving in people's hands - I even got my first play report of it in the wild yesterday! Physical printing and shipping rather than print-on-demand had its headaches, but I think the end version is really worth it.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Evil Mastermind posted:

There was a tracking number in my backerkit account, but it's saying that 'status is unavailable', and I didn't see it before the books arrived.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I got my UA3 stuff last Friday, never got shipping notification either.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Flavivirus posted:

Very excited to see it arriving in people's hands - I even got my first play report of it in the wild yesterday! Physical printing and shipping rather than print-on-demand had its headaches, but I think the end version is really worth it.

It's absolutely gorgeous! Going to be a while before I can get it to a table but I love the character art.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

Mine just showed up yesterday out of the blue, even forwarded to my new address. Looks beautiful, and my group just started a Demon: the Descent campaign so that'll make some good companion reading I think.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
There was no shipping notification - just a comment on the Kickstarter itself after a question. I got my UA3 set last Friday and they're gorgeous. Really pleased with the books.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I really wish project owners wouldn't put stuff like that in the comments because unless you're going there daily you probably won't see it. Just throw it in an update so everyone knows! :argh:

That said: oh man I hope I get mine soon. This is one of my most anticipated KS rewards aside the MST3k revival.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At the very least Kickstarter itself should make it easier on project backers to keep track of what's going on. The fact that there's no "send me an email when the creator makes a comment" setting is criminal.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

D.W.A.R.Vs: Military Sci-Fi in a Fantasy World RPG

quote:

Being a genetically-engineered super-soldier from Deep Warfare Assault Recon Fifth (V) Squad and waking up after countless time in hypersleep is bound to bring a few surprises... like a world of monsters and magic at your feet. There’s a few months’ gap in your memory, seems a lot of time has passed, and a really not-all-together A.I. named O.D.I.N. says they have emergency orders for you: discover the lost history of this world while claiming it as your own. If that means you need to sweep and clear dungeons with massive firepower or extract young unmarried women under threat from secure locations, well, that’s part of the mission. Along the way, you can also piece together just what happened between the Lost Times and now, understanding where your former Galactic Confederacy went and find a place you can call home.

Looks like it's a "roll a pool, take best die" system, but there isn't a lot there on the mechanics. Still, the concept is interesting and they seem to be willing to do interesting things with it.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1396553321/exuviae-relics-of-house-dragonfly

I came across an ad for this kickstarter while listening to The Magnus Archives (probably the best serialized horror podcast out there). It's a game about creating noir horror one-shots in a city run by insectoid monsters and uses playing cards both for task resolution and for solving the mystery itself. The author already has rules written and immediately available upon pledging just a dollar, and needs the money for layout and art. It also has no content-related stretch goals, just one to get recipes for nourish cocktails and another to get early access to a film being worked on by the author. This seems like the kind of small and focused project that people on SA love. Shipping ain't cheap, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Evil Mastermind posted:

I really wish project owners wouldn't put stuff like that in the comments because unless you're going there daily you probably won't see it. Just throw it in an update so everyone knows! :argh:

That said: oh man I hope I get mine soon. This is one of my most anticipated KS rewards aside the MST3k revival.

I got mine a few days ago. Shipping wasn't super kind to the DM screen/slipcover, but no worse than its first trip in a bag.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
My copy of Sagrada came in today. It looks gorgeous.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 12, 2017

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

My copy of Sagrada came in today. It looks gorgeous.

Let me know how it plays I missed the KS and plan to order it.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

fr0id posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1396553321/exuviae-relics-of-house-dragonfly

I came across an ad for this kickstarter while listening to The Magnus Archives (probably the best serialized horror podcast out there).

Thanks for this! I really enjoyed The Black Tapes (which you should listen to if you haven't), but that's on hiatus, and I never really got into Tanis. From the first two Magnus episodes this looks like it will fill the hole perfectly.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I found this pretty neat, cheap medieval duel game. Pledged because obviously I can't get enough dueling card games in my life.

EDIT: Also only 3 days to go!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tekopo posted:

I found this pretty neat, cheap medieval duel game. Pledged because obviously I can't get enough dueling card games in my life.

Yeah, I pledged to this a while ago. I was on the fence (it looks nifty but do I need another 2p game?), but a goon said it's a friend's project so I figured at that price point why not after all.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Got my UA3 set yesterday; no notification prior. Looks great! Corners not perfect, but overall in great shape.

USA

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Top Hats and Treachery relaunched recently - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rogueartistcreations/top-hats-and-treachery-0

Basically a Gloom knock off with a Victorian theme and without the gimmick of transparent cards. May be of interest as a light filler game. Only posting it 'cause I know the guy who designed it and I said I'd mention it here.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Got these today, and I too had no prior notification (that I can recall). Still, I'm not complaining.

They look gorgeous - I look forward to reading them the moment I'm done with Blades in the Dark.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Evil Mastermind posted:

D.W.A.R.Vs: Military Sci-Fi in a Fantasy World RPG

Looks like it's a "roll a pool, take best die" system, but there isn't a lot there on the mechanics. Still, the concept is interesting and they seem to be willing to do interesting things with it.

They couldn't come up with ANY ways to put an E in that acronym? Low effort, no sale.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Got my Unknown Armies books today! :dance:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They couldn't come up with ANY ways to put an E in that acronym? Low effort, no sale.

Actually it looks to be intentional. Possibly for trademark purposes.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Anyone here looking at the Cytosis kickstarter? It sounds interesting, but I'd like to get more opinions on it.

EDIT: Also, did anyone weigh in on the Paladin card protecters? I might grab some packs if they're legit and good quality.

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 13, 2017

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

Anyone here looking at the Cytosis kickstarter? It sounds interesting, but I'd like to get more opinions on it.

Rhado said it's a light introductory game which made me decide not to back it. It's a lovely looking game..

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Agent Rush posted:

EDIT: Also, did anyone weigh in on the Paladin card protecters? I might grab some packs if they're legit and good quality.

In the game Millennium Blades there are cards for sleeve protectors. They are normally a cheap item. However some are fancy sleeve protectors that do the same thing, but are twice the price.

Granted, 500+ sleeves for 20ish bucks doesn't seem bad.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Ropes4u posted:

Rhado said it's a light introductory game which made me decide not to back it. It's a lovely looking game..

Would it be good for people who've never heard of worker placement, or is there a better game for introducing that concept?

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Agent Rush posted:

Rules look reasonably solid, and I like the theming, but there doesn't seem to be anything about it that really stands out. Maybe I'm missing some big hook somewhere, but I think this gets lost among a lot of other solid, basic WP games out there.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
For Unknown Armies 3e, did they keep the weird photoshopped, filtered art everywhere, or is there more variety and traditional art?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

Would it be good for people who've never heard of worker placement, or is there a better game for introducing that concept?

It's cheap enough and a beautiful looking game, why not try it. Stone Age is also a nice worker placement game and it's available now. But you should ask the resident experts in the board game thread.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

LordAba posted:

In the game Millennium Blades there are cards for sleeve protectors. They are normally a cheap item. However some are fancy sleeve protectors that do the same thing, but are twice the price.

Granted, 500+ sleeves for 20ish bucks doesn't seem bad.

(Those are actually functional - you can't bring 2 sets of the cheap ones into a tournament, but you can bring cheap + fancy)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hiro Protagonist posted:

For Unknown Armies 3e, did they keep the weird photoshopped, filtered art everywhere, or is there more variety and traditional art?

From my quick look through the books, I'd say there's still a lot of the same art direction, but the overall look of the books is cleaner. The art's still really Unknown Armies, though, so that may not work for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
The Imposters is pretty interesting so I backed it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1080999837/the-imposters/description

quote:

The Imposters is an anthology of seven tabletop and live-action roleplaying games from seven different designers. Some of these games are brand new; some are revised and updated versions of games that have won prestigious indie gaming awards like the ENnies, Golden Cobra, and the 200WordRPG contest. All seven games offer a play experience you've never had before, which is why we think you should back this project now.

The book contains:

Introduction by editor Jeremy Morgan
They're Onto Me by Banana Chan: a solo larp about paranoia and aliens, played over video apps like Youtube
The Meet by Alex Carlson: a parlor larp about conspiracy theorists conducting secret meetings while surrounded by the public
LOVEINT by Nick Wedig: a freeform rpg about a community of melodramatic NSA officers
The Thought Police by James Mullen: a distopian rpg about psychic citizens in a police state that hunts them
The Light of Day by Todd Crapper: a tabletop rpg about rebellious intelligence officers trying to leak information to the public
The Way of All Flesh by Josh T. Jordan: a freeform supernatural rpg set at the funeral of a federal agent who investigated werewolves
Field Notes 23 by Tim Hutchings: a psychogeography larp that incorporates sketching and journaling