Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Nope, I have no Noctis or Nocti either.
PVP in this game is dildos anyways. Shame it's kinda mandatory for those moogles and stat things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Just 3 rounded Gilgamesh with a suboptimal setup using Orlandu/Orlandu/Minfilia/Refia/Queen and a buddy Orlandu. Olive had diablos and maneater.

Round 1: divine ruination, shattering shot, weapon crush, embolden, triple slip, attack order (on Olive)
Round 2: dispel(rip elec debuff :downs:), attack order (buff orlandu buddy), divine ruination x2, true shot, devastate

...Gilgamesh survived with about 3-4% hp. So he bushido freedomed and killed everyone except my Orlandu and Queen (triple slip can't be dispelled apparently). :sloppy:

Round 3: divine ruination, devastate. If Olive had survived she could've used her limit break for the win too.

If I run it again without queen but with a buff Orlandu buddy that has Diablos (and maneater) equipped I think a 5-man one round kill would be easily doable, by skipping the ultimately worthless round of buffing/debuffing, especially for anyone whose Orlandu/Olive setup has more attack than mine did (775 and 843).

Shoenin posted:

I got an Orlandu and can use another buddy whale Orlandu to cheese the fight.

also they can be broken? Or just dispel works on em?

You can apply some breaks to dark siren/ifrit yes. Dispel/twist them then break afterwards.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Beat ELT Espers with Cecil, Y'sh, Minfilia, Ling, and Firion, no friend unit. Took awhile but was super easy once I got the flow of it, took about 15 minutes. Missed the trust moogle but got everything else.

Edit: 986 ATK Noctis, that was like a 40 point boost

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 13, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hagie posted:

FIghting in the Arena gets me kind of depressed.

I feel like I am the only one without a Noctis.

Hi I have a Noctis, it's pretty much only good for arena and that isn't as important as trials for which seemingly every other 5* is better for so there's that

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I would like to think I would treat him better.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

No Noctis, Cid, Olive, Lightning, Ling, and probably other's that I'm forgtting: That's me.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

WebDO posted:

Hi I have a Noctis, it's pretty much only good for arena and that isn't as important as trials for which seemingly every other 5* is better for so there's that

I have 2 Emperors, i.e. Exdeath version 1.2 and that's being kind. He's the 5* everyone forgets about. I would trade both for one Noctis.
Although, I did TM grind both of them, so god help the first magic weak event boss that comes around.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

:eyepop:

Thanks Greatsword Mastery. I have most of you friended but feel free to add me up. No Ramza or Demon Rain for true BIS though :smith:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

Nah man, I'm there with you. :respek:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ok, I tried Dark Ifrit and Siren

They killed me in 1 turn for over 20000 damage to everyone in 1 turn. Said something about going mad or something.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I believe that's the retaliation for pushing Ifrit past more than one threshold at once without one-shotting him.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

My problem (other than not having 2 Orlandos) is that I try to read up on the trials and my eyes glaze over at the information dumps on Reddit. I'm sure at some point in the future I'll either figure out something or I'll just wait for the powercreep to make the trial easy.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is anyone else having crashes during exploration stages when they try to go to the item menu?

No tents for me I guess

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Is anyone else having crashes during exploration stages when they try to go to the item menu?

No tents for me I guess

theres a note in the "known issues" thing they posted today that said that going to the items AND the magic menu crashes during explorations. hope you don't have to heal outside of combat!

edit: actually is anyone having trouble playing on wifi today, i have to turn off wifi because i keep getting connection failures and the wifi is working fine for everything else

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 13, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad my only 5* base pull (not counting Y'shtola and Maxwell) was Noctis for his sheer utility. Also gently caress him for being the menace he is in arena that I take full advantage of :v:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I have a TGC (780atk) and an Olive (1150), but no Xon or Ling, how am I filling out the rest? Minifilia and ??? with a friend TGC?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you dont actually need Xon if you have Bushido Freedom or actually you can just straight up cast dispel or bring what is it, holy torch? that item that casts dispel. Ling is there as an mp battery and she can debuff attack too, but Orlandu can just use whatever the name of his attack debuff attack is which is fine. i think the mana battery aspect is much more important if you're doing a long battle, i dont know how close you are to being able to two round the fight.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

This is a weird question but has anyone had any connection issues lately? I am having hard to diagnose internet problems and one of the most consistent things to say there is a connection error is this game. I have to sit and refresh web pages ad nauseum to get the problem to surface and I am trying to plan ahead of someone comes out with trying to show them things that constantly drop connection and I know that a dumb anime collecting game isn't the best proof but I wanted to make sure that the game itself isn't having issues for other people.

In other news, I had a little lucky streak earlier. I logged in and got my 4 star ticket (very cool - I didn't know those were a thing) and got Xon. What is he good for again? I remember reading about people wanting him but I am trying to figure out if I should level him for some grand purpose or if he is a niche character. My daily pull after that was another Zidane so now I am sitting on four of them and I am tempted to smash them together because I just maxed out my Luneth and dual wield is loving great. My only other rainbow was Elza and she isn't anywhere near as good. Luneth is geared pretty poorly but he still outdamages Elza even though I have taken the time to gear her (scrub tier but she is still geared). I have an Enhancer and Mythril Saber on him and my accessories are really bad - 2 power wrists. Are there any easy to get weapons or accessories that I could get for him? I really need to work on better items overall because i have really bad accessories all around and my weapons are not great either.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KDdidit posted:

If I have a TGC (780atk) and an Olive (1150), but no Xon or Ling, how am I filling out the rest? Minifilia and ??? with a friend TGC?

Orlandu/Olive/Minfilia/Refia (or anyone else with dispel) and a friend Cid.

Round 1: dispel ifrit, buff Olive with Minfilia, then DR chain with true shot.
Round 2: dispel siren, buff whomever with minfilia, DR chain and true shot.

Give ifrit and bird killer to Olive if you'd like, though it probably won't be necessary with 1150atk considering I did it just fine and my Olive wasn't even over 900atk.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Remember that if your Dispel person has Dualcast, you can swap targets immediately after the first cast of Dispel, and they will follow and retarget for the second cast.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

One of the previous patches had inadvertently nerfed a bunch of bosses. Looks like they've fixed them.

I feel like they "over" fixed them. They seem way too tuned up. I accidentally left it on auto-fight, and had a 800 dmg Noctis die to the Fire Shrine Boss. Which seems a little too much.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I feel like this game actively wants me to stop playing it, all my friends got 5*s today. I got Soleil.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

One of the problems I have with trying to look up help with trials is that any guides are either 100% whale or 100% no base 5*s f2p. There's very little for people in the middle to go on. I might be able to beat Gilgamesh or this new trial now, but I can't really tell.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So for a comedy option I maxed out Medius because why not.

He helps a chain pretty good...

...when he isn't taking 2 bear hugs in a row because "draw attacks"

Who the gently caress decided to put that on him?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

WebDO posted:

People who think Noctis isn't good are crazy. Just because we're at Peak Orlandu right now doesn't change the fact that even the gimped version of Noctis we have is really solid and better than most 5* base units.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

I feel like this game actively wants me to stop playing it, all my friends got 5*s today. I got Soleil.

All I've pulled from this event so far has been 4 Aidens and 3 Soleils... So I feel ya.. Oh and I got a 4* Vanille.. So you know, I win the game right there.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

fullTimeLurker posted:

All I've pulled from this event so far has been 4 Aidens and 3 Soleils... So I feel ya.. Oh and I got a 4* Vanille.. So you know, I win the game right there.

One of them had the gall to say "What am I even going to do with this second Olive?" I kinda wanted to punch him.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

One of them had the gall to say "What am I even going to do with this second Olive?" I kinda wanted to punch him.

...I pulled a 2nd Emperor.

Emperor, I tell you.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Kheldarn posted:

Is the Basket Of Eggs worth it? 300 Lapis for 1,000 Metal Eggs and a Rare Summon Ticket?

lol, gently caress no. 1000 eggs is trivially easy to get unless you are very early game, and if you are very early game, 1000 eggs wont get you anything worth 300 lapis

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a daily half price pull is 250 lapis, paying 50 extra lapis for tickets that i can use on whatever banner i prefer is absolutely worth it imo.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

...I pulled a 2nd Emperor.

Emperor, I tell you.

Eh, Emperor falls into the range of "yeah I'm not that great but having two of my TM is baller as hell". Personally, I wouldn't even use two Olives, I'd use one and give the other's Sparky to Lightning for Crushing Blow shenanigans. Even though jesus CHRIST enhancements are going to take forever to farm mats for.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are any of the available enhancement-havers, besides Lightning, worth enhancing now? Or is it better to just get the materials and hold on to them.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are any of the available enhancement-havers, besides Lightning, worth enhancing now? Or is it better to just get the materials and hold on to them.

if youre using a mercedes for attacking and have her trust mastery axe, she gets a huge buff with sea king chop and her atk stat, along with a whopping 100% atk buff before we even have enchanced razma.

otherwise you can wait, because even more powerful ones will come out.

edit: unit rankings in the wiki now have a note for thier power rankings post-ability awakening, but they still wont factor in TMs , even if its thier own TM, which specifically is dumb.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 13, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i sort of understand it though because owning a unit doesnt explicitly grant access to the TM and assuming people are gonna spend months of trust moogles on like, Mercedes, would be a weird thing that would skew a rating.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Huh, so even with all his enhancements, Medius is still only rated a 10.5. I still think I might awaken his abilities.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i sort of understand it though because owning a unit doesnt explicitly grant access to the TM and assuming people are gonna spend months of trust moogles on like, Mercedes, would be a weird thing that would skew a rating.

same could be said for some of the awakening abilities and the gil to unlock them, it just seems silly to have an extra rating for one but not the other.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
By the way all those enhancement materials take up 40 slots worth so you better get to expanding.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Daily Disappointment: Anzelm. I mean, really he's actually worse than Bedile. At least I get a TM from Bedile I can't get anywhere else, even if it's bad.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Next update: Introducing new 6* GL exclusive awakening for Anzelm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
got a xon with my 4* ticket. I guess that's ok.

• Locked thread