Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

This is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lincoln used chemical weapons in the war of northern aggression

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Abraham Lincoln did nothing wrong.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
That's quite possibly the hottest take I've ever seen.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo. :staredog:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PostNouveau posted:

Abraham Lincoln did nothing wrong.

thread title

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Quandary posted:

That poo poo is Carolina reaper spicy

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The whole state is retarded. Also they and their ilk in South Carolina can't drive for poo poo.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Warbird posted:

I took a dump in the bathroom of the bama weight room once and they had something similar. No jokes on it from what I recall.

I know what you mean, but I like to imagine you're talking about a poop chart with different shades of brown. Or green.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Wanvig posted:

I know what you mean, but I like to imagine you're talking about a poop chart with different shades of brown. Or green.

Or Bama players all pee sitting down

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Quandary posted:

Turns out 2017 is secretly the "Biggest Spittake Generator Contest" and the entrants are killing it so far.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
It honestly still surprises me that NC consistently takes the crazy cake, I feel like it should be Alabama or Missippipi, but no one does it quite like NC.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quandary posted:

It honestly still surprises me that NC consistently takes the crazy cake, I feel like it should be Alabama or Missippipi, but no one does it quite like NC.

NC is notoriously gerrymandered, which really allows the freaks to stretch their legs.

Look at that poo poo. I don't know what the districts for the state House look like, but I'm sure they're just as insane.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wanvig posted:

nah the poop one is a flyer of the bristol stool scale:

type 3/4 poopremacy

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Quandary posted:

Alabama is too busy perp walking the governor for giving his side piece a 400k a year government job to be offering any legislation

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

PostNouveau posted:

NC is notoriously gerrymandered, which really allows the freaks to stretch their legs.

Look at that poo poo. I don't know what the districts for the state House look like, but I'm sure they're just as insane.

sherman should have turned north

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

One of my cousins told me that he's glad the proposed high speed train from Raleigh to DC isn't going to happen because then North Carolina, the bulwark of the South, would be overrun by Yankees and faggots

Frinkahedron posted:

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 13, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

What the hell

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
NC also had the worst (or at least the most obvious) voter suppression this last election cycle and clearly demonstrates why Shelby County v. Holder was such a travesty. For 2016, the NC legislature eliminated or severely curtailed the hours of hundreds of early voting locations, specifically targeting those in highly black areas. It's a really sorry state of affairs that as soon as the feds lose their authority to intervene when they suspect racially-motivated voter suppression, a southern state goes right back to loving 1964.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't mean to cause so much of a derail. Let me get this thread back on track:

North Carolina barbecue sucks as much as their congressional districting.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
You forgot to put quotation marks around barbecue

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I didn't mean to cause so much of a derail. Let me get this thread back on track:

Which one you philistine

Vvvvv yes

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 13, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

ketchup-based barbecue sauces are far inferior to their vinegar-based cousins, even if ketchup is made with vinegar anyway :colbert:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Virginia is honest to god beset on all sides by idiots.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
All BBQ sauce is heretical. Real BBQ doesn't need sauce.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JesustheDarkLord posted:

You forgot to put quotation marks around barbecue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1CFmuWfwFY

as far as NC - 12, it's actually a good one

quote:

It was drawn in 1992 as one of two minority-majority districts, designed to give African-American voters (who comprised 22% of the state's population at the time) the chance to elect a representative of their choice; Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act prohibited the dilution of voting power of minorities by distributing them among districts so that they could never elect candidates of their choice.[2]

But yeah the feds need to come in and set NC straight.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

ketchup-based barbecue sauces are far inferior to their vinegar-based cousins, even if ketchup is made with vinegar anyway :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Frinkahedron posted:

He did. Sherman made it all the way to Durham before the war ended.

Also, the Civil War did technically violate the 10th Amendment and Lincoln would have been a war criminal under modern definitions, but he won and it was the 19th century so no one cares. Turns out "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" also applies to war.

I am not hydrating at a championship level :smith:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The bathroom bill is stupid and all that, but hats off to the NC state legislature putting their dick on the table like this. Incredibly baller move, ACC would never in a million years call them on this.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kayakyakr posted:

All BBQ sauce is heretical. Real BBQ doesn't need sauce.

The best barbecue doesn't need sauce, although I favor a little bit of hot sauce with even the top tier. But a good BBQ sauce can transform decent BBQ into rather good BBQ. I personally like a thin peppery sauce the best, but I've had many varieties that were quite good. gently caress, I might have to get BBQ tomorrow.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think we can put our differences aside to make fun of Florida, because apparently Floridians consider smoking loving fish to be barbecuing.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Sash! posted:

He did. Sherman made it all the way to Durham before the war ended.

Also, the Civil War did technically violate the 10th Amendment and Lincoln would have been a war criminal under modern definitions, but he won and it was the 19th century so no one cares. Turns out "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" also applies to war.

I am not hydrating at a championship level :smith:

I mean I guess I see the 10th Amendment argument, but that is an extremely broad reading of the 10th Amendment. And basically every military force that has ever won a war has been guilty of war crimes by modern definitions. The ones that lost, too, for that matter.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I think we can put our differences aside to make fun of Florida, because apparently Floridians consider smoking loving fish to be barbecuing.

When I moved out to California my neighbors invited me to a BBQ and I thought Oh hell yeah. Turns out bbqing in California just means "cooking outside" and we had hotdogs

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

General Dog posted:

The bathroom bill is stupid and all that, but hats off to the NC state legislature putting their dick on the table like this. Incredibly baller move, ACC would never in a million years call them on this.

I would love to see the state back down with the quickness when the $50 million exit fee for each school gets billed to them.

The conference has been moving beyond the scope of Tobacco Road for a decade now, this is North Carolina at its most desperate, especially after their dumbass HB2 bill cost them billions. It'll never pass muster and if it does the ACC eventually just won't care.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 13, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

When I moved out to California my neighbors invited me to a BBQ and I thought Oh hell yeah. Turns out bbqing in California just means "cooking outside" and we had hotdogs

Yeah they meant to say "we're grilling," but I can forgive that kind of ignorance, they don't know any better.

Florida is a goddamn Southern state though. I mean come on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

american barbecue is mediocre across the board

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/gmannVOLS/status/851969760954855424/video/1

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Crotch Bat posted:

I would love to see the state back down with the quickness when the $50 million exit fee for each school gets billed to them.

The conference has been moving beyond the scope of Tobacco Road for a decade now, this is North Carolina at its most desperate, especially after their dumbass HB2 bill cost them billions. It'll never pass muster and if it does the ACC eventually just won't care.

I think North Carolina is still too important to the ACC to have to put up with any poo poo. What are these new lands that the ACC has moved into that it can afford to rip its own heart out? Hoo boy, it's been real North Carolina, but now we've got VT and Syracuse lol

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

PostNouveau posted:

Florida is a goddamn Southern state though. I mean come on.

Honestly only to Orlando. South of that it's its own weird Caribbean thing.

I grew up in South Georgia and the only way to tell you were in Florida north of Orlando was the shape of the highway signs and the amount of Spanish moss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Alaois posted:

american barbecue is mediocre across the board

What country are you in, I will fight you there

• Locked thread