Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also the 3D in SoJ was real good most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Rayfa is good.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Also Datz Arebal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Here come Datz Boi.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Rayfa is good.

Ema is still the best sidekick not counting Franziska's brief stint.

Apollo and Athena are a good pair, too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like Ema's theme in SoJ doesn't get the love it deserves. It's one of my favorite AA tracks all time, at least for non-courtroom content.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When I heard Turnabout Sisters 2016 for the first time, I had actual tears in my eyes.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

DD is better then spirit of justice

Elaboration? Also MODS, ect.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ema's smile is the best character in SoJ. So dazzling, so bright.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As long as we can all agree that both SOJ and DD and AAI and a nightmare I once had about making out with Wendy Oldbag are better than AA4.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Elaboration? Also MODS, ect.

nayuta drags down SoJ immensely, as does the completely unnecessary and rather dull fourth case. SoJ has better mid-game cases (2 and 3), but otherwise DD is stronger

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Ema's smile is the best character in SoJ. So dazzling, so bright.

:yeah:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

nayuta drags down SoJ immensely, as does the completely unnecessary and rather dull fourth case. SoJ has better mid-game cases (2 and 3), but otherwise DD is stronger

Idk, I like him well enough because he actually functions as an antagonist, but I just cleared Case 4 (which drags yeah, but in the same way Dual Destinies does IMHO) so maybe the game massively shits the bed at the endgame stretch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nayuta would have been best served in only two cases. By the 2nd to last case his shtick was wearing thin.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Cake Attack posted:

Which one's the fourth? 'Cuz you better not be talking poo poo about the case with the best witness of all games, ma Rakugo boi, and what might be the best attorney aid.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I am

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was uncomfortable discovering the Judge's latent clown fetish.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The judge just loves giant boobs and is willing to sacrifice some of his integrity to get what he wants.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It was uncomfortable discovering the Judge's latent clown fetish.

Considering how loving pissed off he got at Moe, I don't think the clown part is what he liked.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The judge has always loved tiddy. Remember April May? And the photo of Maya channeling Mia?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Countblanc posted:

The judge just loves giant boobs and is willing to sacrifice some of his integrity to get what he wants.

Amen to that

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope Bonny and Betty succeed as magicians.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I think they should take Trucy's offer of joining the agency.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think they should take Trucy's offer of joining the agency.
Wright Anything Agency and Home For Wayward Children.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Hell, same.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DGS2 got a Japanese release date, it'll be out August 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5hAQ_y1SU

While I'm here, so did Lady Layton, now retitled Layton Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Scheme; it'll be out July 20:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_o2KyaAZg

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

chumbler posted:

I was really happy that they didn't do it because they are adorable.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lurdiak posted:

I was really happy that they didn't do it because they are adorable.

Same. When they do the levitation trick or whatever it was and it's just one of them hoisting up the other, poorly :3:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Here's my simple thought on the games. Every game in the series is worth playing through once. Every game except aa4 is even fun to replay 5+ years later when you've forgotten most of the specifics. AA4 should be just experienced once then you read cliff notes to refresh yourself as needed.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Ineffiable posted:

Here's my simple thought on the games. Every game in the series is worth playing through once. Every game except aa4 is even fun to replay 5+ years later when you've forgotten most of the specifics. AA4 should be just experienced once then you read cliff notes to refresh yourself as needed.

To help stave off the feeling of wanting to replay AA4, merely remember the terrible FMV that was unskippable yet was played approximately 30+ times in one case, and those feelings will quickly disappear.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Or the fact that stealing panties was a major plot point in one of the cases.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Lord help me I will never be as proud of anything I accomplish as they are of that joke.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I'm still undecided on whether 2-3 or 4-3 is the worst case in the series. 2-3 has a lot less video watching and a slightly more sensible plot, though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I mean, putting aside everything involving Max's relationship... I'd say 4-3 is worse just from a whodunnit perspective. It's a case that everyone (including the prosecutor) basically acknowledges has way too many holes, not the least of which being that the defendant would supposedly be physically incapable of committing the crime.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

4-3 doesn't have anything as funny as

IN WEST CLOWNADELPHIA BORN AND RAISED

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I will say that 2-3 was where I started noticing "The killer is the last person you meet in the case!" pattern that these games seem to pull most of the time.

Ironically I can't remember if that actually holds for 4-3, but man gently caress 4-3 anyways.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I mean they do pull that, especially in the really long cases, but not consistently enough that it's a rule or anything.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Saigyouji posted:

I'm still undecided on whether 2-3 or 4-3 is the worst case in the series. 2-3 has a lot less video watching and a slightly more sensible plot, though.

I know from an objective standpoint it isn't the worst thing ever, but 5-2 just drags something fierce for me, aside from Blackquill.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

5-2 is too long for a second case and complete and utter nonsense, but it's at least got fun characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

2-3 has one of the best dialogue options in the series at least.

"I'm not even sure if this day hasn't been some kind of Kafkaesque dream." :allears: