Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao, mm will be unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

2nd round negev sounds like my freakin poo poo

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
deleted the game again

e: no seriously, what the gently caress are they doing

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 13, 2017

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The new negev is really terrible, would probably be fun for low ranks

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
It seems hard to kill people with it unless they want to die

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Jesus loving Christ Volvo

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Holy poo poo

Copenhagen Games is going to be awesome now

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

tbh the newgev is pretty terrible at least. you are so slow.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
How long could you hold an angle with 2 rotating negevs? One starts firing when the other one has to reload and vice versa. Say for a choke point like banana on inferno.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://gfycat.com/LinearHappyBlackbear

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
They have lowered the price to ensure people buy it so they can get good testing numbers with it. It will be nerfed into oblivion again soon don't worry.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
not if noone plays while they test their latest fever dream

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
New Negev (Newgev?) doesn't actually seem THAT good. It denies hallways pretty well but it seems to be for stalling a push instead of outright killing. Nades should shut it down, easy. I think it'll be strong CT side depending on the final price, but only if it's cheaper than M4.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
The only way I see it being slightly useful is on CT to spam through T site take smokes (d2 cross, inferno B CT) when you have a lot of money and you gun run a rifle or even 2 negevs for yourself.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Only person I watch is Kugo the Mighty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ7s6wCrQ-M&t=425s

This guy legit gives no fucks

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Garfu posted:

The only way I see it being slightly useful is on CT to spam through T site take smokes (d2 cross, inferno B CT) when you have a lot of money and you gun run a rifle or even 2 negevs for yourself.

I talked about it a bit on my stream last night with a friend, everyone seemed to agree that it won't be worth it at the old Negev price but it could see some use if it's priced around $3000 or so. (With a few tweaks).

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
yeah cs:go needs more stalling mechanics

every round should have at least a minute of staring at smokes, molotovs and now negev spam

loving PERFECT

Edit:

Edit Edit:

quote:

[GAMEPLAY]
– For a limited time, the Negev and R8 Revolver are available in Competitive Matchmaking.
– R8 Revolver: Price reduced to 700
– Negev: Price reduced to 2000 as a starting point, to promote experimentation with the weapon.

How about your developers experiment with looking for work you loving hacks.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 13, 2017

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Didn't they add a test version of the game that you can opt into to avoid this kind of thing raping the regular experience. Was that not a thing?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Daeno posted:

every round should have at least a minute of staring at smokes, molotovs and now negev spam

loving PERFECT

Edit:

Edit Edit:

As mentioned above it could be good to spray through smokes so it could be anti stall?? It's weird.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Daeno posted:

loving PERFECT

Edit:

Edit Edit:

qq

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

looks like i won't be matchmaking for awhile

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Just gotta throw in a riot shield so you can get around all the negev spam, boom done.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Agoat posted:

As mentioned above it could be good to spray through smokes so it could be anti stall?? It's weird.

Yeah, no it won't. There are absolutely zero reasons to ever buy it because they made it worse than it was before. Once you get through the first 12-15 bullets that shot out at 90 degree angles, you're already dead. Tossing nades while taking sites will render it useless like it always has been.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

new r8 feels like a gun built for assist kills

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Negev should just be removed or forgotten. The mechanics of this game, the maps, the 5v5 nature, none of it applies itself to a situation where a long machine gun with 150 round drums is a good choice.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

Goofballs posted:

Didn't they add a test version of the game that you can opt into to avoid this kind of thing raping the regular experience. Was that not a thing?

I think they used it once before they went back to pushing updates straight through to the main build.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Seems like this would be the ideal situation to have something like that handy. I haven't played the game in a good long while because I got angry at it but there's no loving way I'm plunging back in to 2k negevs even with it being a bank holiday weekend.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Just use your nades gamers

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Is ESL pro league offline?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I want to play against DanM real bad.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
They fixed a bug I reported about stickers on dropped weapons :toot:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

ilmucche posted:

Is ESL pro league offline?

pretty sure the finals are, but everything up to that is online

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Macnult posted:

Just use your nades gamers

We won a game last night together against all the negevers... So easy

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kwilty posted:

I want to play against DanM real bad.

LFt??

Rekkit
Nov 5, 2006

Can anyone help with my autoexec?

I'd like to bind capslock so that it toggles between noclip and voice_scale 0 1. Basically, if I'm offline, I use capslock to noclip around; if I'm online, capslock mutes everyone.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Simplest solution is to bind them both with quotation marks and a comma. The game doesn't need to differentiate between online and offline, that's for you to decide. And if noclip turns on when you're online you've got bigger fish to fry.

Bind caps "noclip, voice_Scale 0.1"

Edit: in retrospect you may want to set up an alias for a bindtoggle so you can hit the button again to return voixe_scale back to 1 or whatever

Rekkit
Nov 5, 2006

Audax posted:

Simplest solution is to bind them both with quotation marks and a comma. The game doesn't need to differentiate between online and offline, that's for you to decide. And if noclip turns on when you're online you've got bigger fish to fry.

Bind caps "noclip, voice_Scale 0.1"

Edit: in retrospect you may want to set up an alias for a bindtoggle so you can hit the button again to return voice_scale back to 1 or whatever

Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant to toggle voice_scale 0 and voice_scale 1.

Basically I'm unsure how to make the bind toggle for voice_scale but not for noclip (since it doesn't need to).

Edit: OH NOW I GOT IT.

alias "test" "toggle voice_scale 0.5 0"
bind "CAPSLOCK" "noclip; test"

Thanks!

Rekkit fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 15, 2017

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
This casting crew for ECS matches is terrible.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fox is awful. Dignitas is going to be loving horrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://oddshot.tv/s/PR_ke0

https://oddshot.tv/s/gB-Nyf

-fox
+that guy in your Nova 2 games