Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mischalaniouse posted:

Next update: Introducing new 6* GL exclusive awakening for Anzelm!

This is why I have one of every unit I have pulled, even the poo poo-tiier ones. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
I'm mad at everyone in this thread pulling Xon. I've had two golds and just used my 4 star ticket for this banner, and I've been throwing the lapis tickets at it too,a nd I've gotten an Agrias and two Snows.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This loving trial is such bullshit without a couple of very specific teams. I don't have Ling, Minfillia and I don't have Orlandu so I'm apparently hosed.

I can't even last a single god drat turn with all the buffs in the world up. I dispel both espers with bushido freedom, I have embolden up, I have omniveil up, I have focus up, and I still take 7k damage from water AOE.

I'm slowly working them down, then suddenly one rages for no apparent reason and wipes my party. Last time it was Siren who I hadn't even touched. I was working Ifrit down and he'd just gotten past 50% when Siren goes crazy and kills everyone with an AOE.

I've spent maybe 300 NRG on this stupid fight already and it's bullshit.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 13, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Finally got to use all my Freyvia moogles. Thanks daily! :toot:

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I got another Aiden. Up to 8 now! Think I'll start my own store and start selling Vestments of Mind. To rub it in even more, Gumi decided to give me 38 Trust Moogles for Freya's TM.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Man I keep forgetting about Ling! gently caress just used a my cactuars on Gilgamesh.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

fullTimeLurker posted:

I got another Aiden. Up to 8 now! Think I'll start my own store and start selling Vestments of Mind. To rub it in even more, Gumi decided to give me 38 Trust Moogles for Freya's TM.

Welcome to my world. If I could convert excess Fryevia moogles to Aiden moogles I'd have 2 or 3 more vestiments completed. I just want to finish a second vestiment so I can go back to earth shrine grinding. :smith:

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
I'm not entirely clear what I'm doing wrong in this ELT Siren/Ifrit trial.

Team is Cecil, Noctis, Greg, Minfilia, Refia, and Friendlandeau.

Cecil has Bushido Freedom for the dispel, and between the team I'm maximizing the buffs on my team and the breaks on them, and trying not to pass Hp thresholds before I'm ready.

But I'm getting wrecked by something- usually Darker Waterga doing 3k+ through Shadow Guard and the accumulated other attacks killing 1-2 people, which Siren can use as early as her first attack.. I'm not sure why it's doing so much damage to my party- I have Shadow Guard, +Def and +Spr up by the end of turn 1 and Aqua Guard up by turn 2 but when Siren decides to Waterga my team just falls apart. Nobody has less than 4.5k Hp or >0% resistance to Dark/Water/Fire either.

I'd like that Large Sword mastery- is there something I'm missing or am I just rolling the dice hoping Siren doesn't nuke my team down?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Here's how I did the espers:
Ling-Siren-Bushido
Cecil-Golem-Black Choker
Firion-Ifrit-Grand Helm
Y'shtola-Diabolos-Black Choker
Minfilia-Odin

Firion was the only one with any notable TMs, everyone else was event or trial/crafted gear. Everyone was immune to confuse which is super important. Opening I Bushido'ed, used the ATK break from Ifrit on Ifrit (also super important to maintain), provoke with Cecil, protectga + shellga with Y'sh, and shadow guard with Minfilia. Minfilia cycled through Shadow, water, and flame guard the entire time, Ling would either MP battery or atk break as needed, Cecil just defended mostly, and Firion did all the damage or power break as needed. At the thresholds I'd dispel, reapply protectga and shellga, have cecil and Firion defend and Ling and Minfilia would keep doing their thing. And that was pretty much it. The strat for Shiva was basically the same thing except I'd def break her when I could but it's not imperative. No one ever dropped below half health but I used quite a few mp items because Shiva osmoses every round but she doesn't do poo poo for damage. I got everything but the trust moogle. Also super important: don't DEF break Ifrit or he'll get a buff and wipe you.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 13, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Got the summon mission accomplished today. I used this strategy, it's probably the best non whale strategy out there but it assumes you've been diligent in getting event items and that you have a minifillia and Yshtola.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/65102a/boberochs_guide_to_dark_espers_all_stars/

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Got the summon mission accomplished today. I used this strategy, it's probably the best non whale strategy out there but it assumes you've been diligent in getting event items and that you have a minifillia and Yshtola.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/65102a/boberochs_guide_to_dark_espers_all_stars/

Double tank idea seems like a good plan...too bad Snow is on the list of unit I still haven't managed to pull. I wonder if i can pull this off with a Leo and Cerius.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 13, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I did it with a WOL using bushido freedom and golem esper. His sole purpose was to bushido dispell and keep provoke up to eat the osmose.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just got another Xon. It is weird - I see him on my roster but when I try to smash him into my other Xon for TM points he is nowhere to be found. I had a trust mog that I could smuse and that showed but are Xons not able to be combined or something?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

rio posted:

I just got another Xon. It is weird - I see him on my roster but when I try to smash him into my other Xon for TM points he is nowhere to be found. I had a trust mog that I could smuse and that showed but are Xons not able to be combined or something?

Xon is base four which means by default he will be locked and you won't see him or be able merge him until you unlock him. (Unless you changed that setting in the options.) You absolutely DO NOT want to merge a Xon until you have his TM patches, especially since it's easy to get patches moogles through the egg summon.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rio posted:

Make sure he's not locked (4 star base is autolocked unless you tell the game not to) and that you don't have a filter on that excludes him.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

I did it with a WOL using bushido freedom and golem esper. His sole purpose was to bushido dispell and keep provoke up to eat the osmose.

Ok, it sounded like you needed someone with Draw Attacks also using Provoke to get 100%, if you can just do it with Provoke then I can use WoL as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

PaybackJack posted:

Ok, it sounded like you needed someone with Draw Attacks also using Provoke to get 100%, if you can just do it with Provoke then I can use WoL as well.

You probably do, occasionally somebody else would get hit with osmose, but I thought it was cause I failed to keep provoke up. WOL was als on item detail. I would have him Phoenix down somebody back if a threshold got through and killed somebody. Then Yshtola would D.C. Curaja.

The most critical thing you can not gently caress up is the minifilla guard rotation of shadow, fire, water, repeat. If you forget the order, check your unit to see what's missing and cast it. Try to remember to have ysh DC protectga and shellga while Cecil heals that turn. A dualcast on Cecil is really helpful.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 13, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
If you have a Xon, he has a 100% provoke. He can pull triple duty by by tanking, dispelling, and buffing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

You probably do, occasionally somebody else would get hit with osmose, but I thought it was cause I failed to keep provoke up. WOL was als on item detail. I would have him Phoenix down somebody back if a threshold got through and killed somebody. Then Yshtola would D.C. Curaja.

The most critical thing you can not gently caress up is the minifilla guard rotation of shadow, fire, water, repeat. If you forget the order, check your unit to see what's missing and cast it. Try to remember to have ysh DC protectga and shellga while Cecil heals that turn. A dualcast on Cecil is really helpful.

Could you be a buddy and toss Minfillia up for a day as your friend unit? I was getting Cerius up and then realized I'm all outta prismatic horns from maxing Xon.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

If you have a Xon, he has a 100% provoke. He can pull triple duty by by tanking, dispelling, and buffing.

I was thinking about that but he seems like he'd be awfully squishy to be in that spot. Also his provoke is only 2 turns and costs 30 mp so you'd be feeding him a lot more items.

Also Xon has a trait which gives him -80 chance of being targeted so using his 100% provoke would that only mean he has a 20% chance of being targeted?

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 13, 2017

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

fuuuuuuuuck accidentally used my 4* ticket and got a second Xon. Is Patches good enough to be worth a second one?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

PaybackJack posted:

Could you be a buddy and toss Minfillia up for a day as your friend unit? I was getting Cerius up and then realized I'm all outta prismatic horns from maxing Xon.

I was thinking about that but he seems like he'd be awfully squishy to be in that spot. Also his provoke is only 2 turns and costs 30 mp so you'd be feeding him a lot more items.

Also Xon has a trait which gives him -80 chance of being targeted so using his 100% provoke would that only mean he has a 20% chance of being targeted?

Done. She's a little squishy, but once the guards are up, nothing will get through lol.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Oh I see. I hadn't played a while and didn't know what the locks were for - thanks. And good to know about his tm because my accessories are poo poo so I will work on that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

100% target chance should override any innate Camo-like abilities (tested on reddit; some folks reported hits slipping through but the majority reported all hits landing on Xon). My Xon had like 6k+ HP when I did the trial so he doesn't feel any more or less squishy than any other unit.

Since you don't have to use every turn to Provoke or Twist of Fate, extra turns can be used to dole out Ethers with him.

Just some food for thought.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Is this Dual Trial even doable for someone who doesn't have Cecil? Currently my max level units are:

Chizuru 396 attack
Exdeath 350 mag
Orlandeau 499 attack
Minfilia
Y'shtola
Xon
Rain
Charlotte

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
You might be able to do it with Xon in your tank spot like hotdog said, you seem to have every other role covered really well. I would definitely level a tank asap though, they're never not going to be useful from here on out. Maybe Rain also for Leadership/Undermine

Edit: Oh duh, I didn't even see Charlotte there. She has pretty good cover potential and aoe esuna, did you try with her? Granted she isn't 6* so she might just not have the stats.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 13, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
You can get by with a 5* tank if you can reliably keep protectga and shellga up with Yshtola, and keep the Minifilla guard rotation going on every turn. You also have to dispell or steal their buffs every time with Xon.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm having odd behavior from memu macros that I've been making for this event. In general, if I only run them once and manually rerun them every time, they work fine. The problem is that when it loops it seems to lose button clicks it should be doing. Has anyone seen anything like that?

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm having odd behavior from memu macros that I've been making for this event. In general, if I only run them once and manually rerun them every time, they work fine. The problem is that when it loops it seems to lose button clicks it should be doing. Has anyone seen anything like that?

I found that for some reason button clicks were getting lost in the after battle menus. I ended up just adding a bunch of extra clicks on the "next" button, since that corresponds to empty space on the mission select screen.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Done. She's a little squishy, but once the guards are up, nothing will get through lol.

You are a great individual. Managed to win using the strat outlined in your other post.

Used Cecil, Y'sholta, Xon, Lightning, Olive and your friend Minfillia.

Got the summon and no KO missions. Might grab the robe when your friend unit refreshes, as I only took Lightning for her powers of generating a lot of esper/limit crystals.

Minfillia is far and away a necessity for this battle, I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it with Cerius because even with 70% resist on fire/water/dark and Protectga/Shellga up, and Olive was still taking 4k damage on some attacks.

Thanks again for putting her up.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in my experience macros are loving up right now because there are random weird long load times happening before and or after fights

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Why the Ifrit's Claw? HP?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

20% fire resist

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Oh snap, didn't realize it had FR. Cool.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm getting to a weird point where I'm running out of places to usefully use my cactaurs. This egg event has been generous with them for me.

Minfila 5 maxed
Seven 5 maxed
Medius finished
Ysholta finished
Snow finished
Chizuru 1 finished
Chizuru 2 finished
Marie finished

I guess my next route is Primm, Cupid Luna, and Terra.

If I get desperate Sazh and Fang...

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did the Dark Esper thing in two turns but I had to keep force quitting because I couldn't get the 2x TGC timing right. Whenever I get a TM to 90% and feel desperate to finish it I'll try the 2 esper summon.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

I'm getting to a weird point where I'm running out of places to usefully use my cactaurs. This egg event has been generous with them for me.

Minfila 5 maxed
Seven 5 maxed
Medius finished
Ysholta finished
Snow finished
Chizuru 1 finished
Chizuru 2 finished
Marie finished

I guess my next route is Primm, Cupid Luna, and Terra.

If I get desperate Sazh and Fang...

I leveled/am leveling the story characters because why not?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
At some point far in the future, the main story characters get character-specific equipment that you use for events, so it's probably not a bad idea in the long run to have them relatively current.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
For the future robot trial, there's supposedly a strat where you use two 6Star hayates, with enhancements. So that's what I got leveling up atm.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Did the Dark Esper thing in two turns but I had to keep force quitting because I couldn't get the 2x TGC timing right. Whenever I get a TM to 90% and feel desperate to finish it I'll try the 2 esper summon.

Nailed 2 perfect Orlandeau Chains into an Olive True Shot both times while my buddies watched on Air Play, felt like Kobe sinking a game winner. :sandance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Nailed 2 perfect Orlandeau Chains into an Olive True Shot both times while my buddies watched on Air Play, felt like Kobe sinking a game winner. :sandance:

loving Emperor.

• Locked thread