Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

LuiCypher posted:

we're all gay for yusuke

Yusuke is the only romance I'm doing in my first playthrough. I knew he was the best from the moment he was creepily stalking Ann.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Speaking of that scene, it took me a little bit of research to figure out what the hell was going on with Ryuji's codename suggestion.

ah that's one place where the tl is actually weird. iunno why they didn't try to localize that at all.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
If you haven't entered the dungeon after sending the calling card you aren't at the boss yet basically, once you send the card all you do in the palace is fight the boss and complete it (unless you want to roam through still)

So basically you might as well keep grinding for now until you run out of SP since you probably aren't fighting the boss anyway. Have you fought the Green Penis mini boss yet? You more likely are probably about to fight that.

What was Ryuji's suggestion again? I thought it was like Agura-abe but that isn't finding me anything on Google so I must be remembering wrong, what exactly does he say or what is the weird bit?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
iirc, Ryuji suggested Aburaage, a food made from slicing tofu up real thin and deep-frying it. There's a a couple Japanese legends that talk about kitsunes liking it and Yusuke's whole outfit is kitsune as hell

PirateBob posted:

How much SP do I need to beat the boss of the first palace? Playing on normal, level 10. I've reached the throne room where you look down on him, but I was thinking of doing some more grinding before fighting him.
If you're worried, I'd recommend getting up to Lv. 11. Your party members get a lot of helpful skills then, like Media and Tarunda that while aren't necessary, can be p. helpful on the boss if you're worried

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Is there no save room in the tower in the first dungeon?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Unmature posted:

Is there no save room in the tower in the first dungeon?

Pretty sure there's two of them. One a few rooms into that circular set of rooms where the floor starts to go crazy, and one right before the Treasure.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Reasons to love Yusuke #733, December edition

Oracle, my admice is that we prosqueak cautiously

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

Pretty sure there's two of them. One a few rooms into that circular set of rooms where the floor starts to go crazy, and one right before the Treasure.

Yup found one. Thanks.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Haha, in the 3rd palace I got SOOOO many treasure demons in encounters on my boss run. I'd beat a group and get the WARNING message and a treasure demon would pop up. Happened like 4-5 times when I was trying to grab the locked treasures. Made grinding for money a little pointless though.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I fuckin' hate the cover system

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Missed opportunity to not change the scenes where you can hang with the specific girls during like the culture festival, school trip, etc. if you're dating them and not just hanging out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Levantine posted:

Haha, in the 3rd palace I got SOOOO many treasure demons in encounters on my boss run. I'd beat a group and get the WARNING message and a treasure demon would pop up. Happened like 4-5 times when I was trying to grab the locked treasures. Made grinding for money a little pointless though.

Do the treasure demons in the third palace still have rank-1 Ma-element spells on them? I used the one I got in the second palace before I got the make Matador with Magaru request and now I'm just sorta like "ugggh I don't want to have to try, c'moooooon"

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Harrow posted:

Do the treasure demons in the third palace still have rank-1 Ma-element spells on them? I used the one I got in the second palace before I got the make Matador with Magaru request and now I'm just sorta like "ugggh I don't want to have to try, c'moooooon"

No, they are a different species and have heal spells/buffs/debuffs I think. They are called Queen's Necklace. You can purchase the other from your compendium though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Missed opportunity to not change the scenes where you can hang with the specific girls during like the culture festival, school trip, etc. if you're dating them and not just hanging out.

Yeah that kind of came off as weird to me when I saw that last night. By then, I maxed out and went for a romantic relationship with Makoto and that post-party interaction read more like they're close friends, but not actually together.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wow the guy at the start of the fourth palace sure owned me

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Re: temperance chat: the actual problem with dating her is that it either means you're not dating Makoto, or you're cheating on Makoto, and both of these are unacceptable.

Almost done with the December dungeon now. I'll have a lot of things to unpack and talk about when this is over.

Most of those things might be gushing about Makoto.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Will Network Fusion always yield good results? I just got it. I put in a level 9 and got back a level 40. Or did I just get extremely lucky?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Will Network Fusion always yield good results? I just got it. I put in a level 9 and got back a level 40. Or did I just get extremely lucky?
it seems to pair you with someone at total random

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Unmature posted:

I fuckin' hate the cover system

My biggest complaint with the game so far is the goddamn camera in the cover system. I'm fine with the system itself, but let me just rotate the camera more!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Levantine posted:

No, they are a different species and have heal spells/buffs/debuffs I think. They are called Queen's Necklace. You can purchase the other from your compendium though.

Oh, you can? I assumed once I used the treasure Persona up it was gone for good because it was special. I didn't even check the compendium for it :v:

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

My biggest complaint with the game so far is the goddamn camera in the cover system. I'm fine with the system itself, but let me just rotate the camera more!

Yeah, that's my only complaint with the cover system. So many times when I can't aim at the new cover spot I want to go to because I can't turn the camera far enough to the right or left.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Endorph posted:

it seems to pair you with someone at total random

Not only that, but it doesn't seem to respect the level requirement either. I've gotten Ananta out of it and I would not have been able to fuse it normally.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

post palace 5: I knew it would happen, but seeing the little approval bar slowly roll backwards, as people start turning on the Thieves was really cool, along with all the mutterings on the subway, etc.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Harrow posted:

Oh, you can? I assumed once I used the treasure Persona up it was gone for good because it was special. I didn't even check the compendium for it :v:

Yeah, it's super convenient and not even that expensive. I think it's ~4k for the first one.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

davidHalestorm posted:

That guy really sets the tone for the entire game. P5 starts off much darker than P4 and in P4, we got a murder right off the bat. I am at the third dungeon and nobody died but there are few scenes that me go holy poo poo. One of them being a dinner scene between Sae and Makoto.

Yeah, the poo poo Sae says to Makoto is hosed up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The stealth system felt super important in the first palace where getting ambushed really could mean a wipe, but past that I've only been doing it to look kill. Getting ambushed for me has only been bad when it's like, three Angels or the chicken onion guys who have Hama and Mudo.

I do like the look of the stealth tho. One time, Ann came to hide up against a corner where I already was, so while the MC has his back against the wall, Ann's just laying in front of the doorway on her side, one hand on her hip, the other holding her head up. It looked super dumb but also super rad

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
If you're super high level compared to monsters the stealth system allows you to completely skip the fight and get a free persona

Getting ambushed yourself is great too if Futaba's positional hack procs

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Lakbay posted:

If you're super high level compared to monsters the stealth system allows you to completely skip the fight and get a free persona

Only if you've been hanging with Ryuji, since that's his rank 7 perk.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Considering how little you're allowed to do in the first few months I'd be surprised if anyone didn't max out Ryuji first unless you absolutely hate him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I maxed out Ryuji just in time for Makoto to join and I haven't seen him since

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ryuji, your childhood friend who you bro out with until you discover girls and never look back.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Dragonatrix posted:

Make a duplicate save and intentionally let the time limit for that Palace expire. Its scene is... very memorable.

Wait, this stuff has an actual ending attached to it now? Has someone illegally recorded it to youtube despite the atlus police cracking down?

I'd look myself but I'm only in october and don't wanna pull up all of the ending spoilers by mistake.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Harlock posted:

Ryuji, your childhood friend who you bro out with until you discover girls and never look back.
"hmm, do i hang out with ryuji or the hot blond girl i know or the hot prep girl i know or the hot goth doctor i know or the hot pretty boy artist i know. gee....a hard choice to be sure"

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Bogart posted:

Yeah, the poo poo Sae says to Makoto is hosed up.

"Hey Sis, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead"

"If Dad was still around, what do you think he'll do?'

"gently caress YOU YOU LITTLE BITCH, YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE"

".....ok"

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

davidHalestorm posted:

"Hey Sis, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead"

"If Dad was still around, what do you think he'll do?'

"gently caress YOU YOU LITTLE BITCH, YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE"

".....ok"

Then she goes on to say that she'll start eating out more, which was probably the most stone cold thing I've ever heard. drat!

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Lachesis w/ Tetraja request :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ryuji is not letting me progress because he has been looking for that one guy's drinking place for like a month

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I've made one trip into Palace 7 until the story made me leave, and thank gently caress I can still do social links. After everything that happened after Sae's palace I thought I'd basically be railroaded into doing the final dungeon without being able to finish off a few that I want to finish. I got Makoto to rank 9 the day before the Palace 6 calling card and I was really pissed that I wasn't going to be able to max her out. I'm guessing that I want to get as many of my party members to rank 10 as I can before I tackle the final Palace for their upgraded Personas? I normally make a point of clearing Palaces ASAP so I have responsibility free social grinding time, but I figure I may as well leave this one late and get those slinks as high as I can to make what I assume will be the final boss as easy as possible.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Halfway through the Depths of Mementos. Fusing Alice with a bunch of Dyne skills on her has kinda trivialised things. Just a tiny bit.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SettingSun posted:

Then she goes on to say that she'll start eating out more, which was probably the most stone cold thing I've ever heard. drat!
when you realize that sae agrees to goro's invitations to eat out at sushi restaurants so she can get away from her sister and be her own person

even worse when you realize (endgame spoilers) while Goro may feel that he's finally making a connection with someone and may possibly not be alone in the world anymore, Sae's just using him as a way to not interact with Makoto as much and doesn't care for Goro's company at all really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
if this game ever gets a remake ala Golden lala-chan should be the aeon s. link and dateable

idk who they would do for jester