Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Okada/Suzuki got 4 3/4, I think. Still though: 6, 4.75, and 5. drat good quarter-year

Don't forget the 4.5 from the Tiger Mask W match. Easily the best in the world right now.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

We still have G1 and hopefully an Ishii title shot along with the inevitable Omega rematch. Okada is going to break a record and have maybe the best in-ring calendar year in history.

Yep. It's either him, Kenny or Naito at this point. Heck, they could all do it in the same year.

e: Waiting for the inevitable Okada/Omega/Naito three-way which breaks all known rating systems and causes the Earth to collapse into the sun.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Naito is great, but I think he's the weakest of the three in the ring.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
dave's story about misawa's neck injury in '94 being a work is incredible

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
On the latest Filthy Four Daily Bryan complains about guys like Hawkins and Jinder being paid 6 figures to lose every week. Wasn't the whole thing when they were signed is that they were getting paid crazy small downsides?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

sleepwalkers posted:

What would be an easier way? This really isn't too different from how WWE operates, aside from having replays of their cable shows on a different pay service than their own.

e: And offering you the opportunity to pay $50 or whatever for a PPV.

Having their programming on a channel that is carried by more than like 15% of the US carriers, and also one you don't have to go $200 into the cable tiers to get. I mean don't get me wrong, I watch the big matches on youtube and dailymotion and stuff but it's hard to keep up with NJPW over here.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its really easy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Capsaicin posted:

Dave tells an amazing Doug Furnas/Misawa/Stan Hansen story in this week's observer.

That was great. I was expecting Hansen to have been in on it at the end, but nope PLUS he still didn't believe Furnas. Poor guy!

Platypus Farm posted:

Seriously though I wish there were an easier way to watch NJPW stuff than subscribe to a service or find a cable package with AXS on it.

Others have already noted it, but seriously NJPW World is an amazing service and unbelievable value for money. Unless you have really bad internet I can't think of an easier, more convenient or cost-effective way it could be provided to you.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

Muddy Burphy posted:

On the latest Filthy Four Daily Bryan complains about guys like Hawkins and Jinder being paid 6 figures to lose every week.

who the gently caress is gonna lose if they're not around? fuckin pay them

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Capsaicin posted:

Dave tells an amazing Doug Furnas/Misawa/Stan Hansen story in this week's observer.

Is that the one about breaking Misawa's neck?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

ribtstu posted:

who the gently caress is gonna lose if they're not around? fuckin pay them

His argument is that they should just pay random local guys a couple hundred bucks a shot instead of having full time job guys.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

algebra testes posted:

Is that the one about breaking Misawa's neck?

yeah can't believe Doug Furnas broke Misawas neck

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

lied about it as well to Stan Hansen. Horrible

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Venomous posted:

lied about it as well to Stan Hansen. Horrible

I would have told Stan Hansen anything to make him leave me alone

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

On the latest Filthy Four Daily Bryan complains about guys like Hawkins and Jinder being paid 6 figures to lose every week. Wasn't the whole thing when they were signed is that they were getting paid crazy small downsides?

the downsides are small but at least in jinder mahal's case he's working every show

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Woah I listened to that F4D and it's the only time I can remember where Bryan is wrong about literally everything

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Capsaicin posted:

gently caress I love that story I'm gonna have to listen to the podcast to hear it again :allears:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Platypus Farm posted:

Having their programming on a channel that is carried by more than like 15% of the US carriers, and also one you don't have to go $200 into the cable tiers to get. I mean don't get me wrong, I watch the big matches on youtube and dailymotion and stuff but it's hard to keep up with NJPW over here.

What on earth are you talking about? There is a subscription service that costs less per month than it would to get AXS or watch some of WWE's monthly programming. And it allows you to watch every major NJPW live event with English or Japanese commentary and provides access to the entire promotion's tape library. There are even lists of the great NJPW matches you should watch provided by others online, with direct links to the matches on NJPW World and all! The only thing making it difficult is you.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/852689374391218176

wow

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I also would like to offer my sympathies to anyone who is listening to cheap heat

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Muddy Burphy posted:

His argument is that they should just pay random local guys a couple hundred bucks a shot instead of having full time job guys.

And give those random local guys the rub of being on tv with WWE superstars?? Never!!

Unless they want to pay for the opportunity...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

is this the bald guy or the jewfro fucker wwe hauls out for the ppvs

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
stat guy greg is still cool

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rosenberg gotta keep that access

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is this the bald guy or the jewfro fucker wwe hauls out for the ppvs

this is the baldy iirc

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cornette has also been quasi-defending JBL on his show but his cohost hates the guy. It makes a fun dynamic of Cornette telling a funny story about him then his cohost saying gently caress him and hoping he dies in a fire.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

What's really amazing to me is how bitter and angry the people trying to defend JBL are. Like, you'd think they would be diplomatic and say that they know him and he's a good guy and people are jumping to conclusions and what the gently caress ever, but instead every single one is "Hey gently caress you, you idiot marks."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

What's really amazing to me is how bitter and angry the people trying to defend JBL are. Like, you'd think they would be diplomatic and say that they know him and he's a good guy and people are jumping to conclusions and what the gently caress ever, but instead every single one is "Hey gently caress you, you idiot marks."

I can't imagine any of them are happy to do it. Most of them are doing it are trying to protect their jobs, the rest are like Jim Cornette and saying the opposite of what people expect for the sake of a hot take.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I'm listening to Bryan and Meltzer interview Justin Roberts and Vince would yell at Justin Roberts for announcing wrestlers in an exciting manner to get the fans pumped because "he was trying to get himself over"

:wtc: this loving company

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Miching Mallecho posted:

I'm listening to Bryan and Meltzer interview Justin Roberts and Vince would yell at Justin Roberts for announcing wrestlers in an exciting manner to get the fans pumped because "he was trying to get himself over"

:wtc: this loving company

His story about his job interview where he was trying to explain to the interviewer that he already worked for WWE was pretty incredible too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/BrettSzybowski/status/852795742255108097

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Actually glad I decided to listen to this week's ep because it convinced me to unsubscribe.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
On another note, I enjoyed the soothing sounds of Dave's computer rebooting a few times during a recent WOR

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can't imagine any of them are happy to do it. Most of them are doing it are trying to protect their jobs, the rest are like Jim Cornette and saying the opposite of what people expect for the sake of a hot take.

For anyone who didn't listen, Cornette's "advice" was that if Mauro was being bullied that badly he should have confronted JBL in the parking lot with a tire iron. He figured that Mauro would have gotten his rear end kicked but he's pretty sure that the problem would have been solved.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
You may have heard a Justin Roberts interview already recently but his one Wrestling Observer is very much worth your time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

For anyone who didn't listen, Cornette's "advice" was that if Mauro was being bullied that badly he should have confronted JBL in the parking lot with a tire iron. He figured that Mauro would have gotten his rear end kicked but he's pretty sure that the problem would have been solved.

lol del rio got fired for slapping someone saying racist things to him

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

PaybackJack posted:

Cornette has also been quasi-defending JBL on his show but his cohost hates the guy. It makes a fun dynamic of Cornette telling a funny story about him then his cohost saying gently caress him and hoping he dies in a fire.

Nobody should want JBL to die... that's barbaric.. just a touch of the Lou Gehrig's.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't think it's 'hot takes', I think it's the dissonance of Cornette and co not being able to really dispute the facts of JBL's behaviour, but being of that "that's the boys bein' the boys" mentality where poo poo like stealing someone's passport is considered 'fun' and not 'a crime' like most sane people would term it. Kind of a "well, yeah, he DOES do that, but you don't UNDERSTAND, OK, YOU FUCKIN' MARKS!!!" response.

Hell, that story from the Story Time thing that Bix highlighted with Coachman and the fake cops feels like it's probably legally sketchy as gently caress too. Isn't impersonating a cop illegal in most places? Plus, either way, that's hella bullying. At least the poo poo with the Rock was on-camera to the point you could excuse it as part of the show, but that?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 14, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think it's 'hot takes', I think it's the dissonance of Cornette and co not being able to really dispute the facts of JBL's behaviour, but being of that "that's the boys bein' the boys" mentality where poo poo like stealing someone's passport is considered 'fun' and not 'a crime' like most sane people would term it. Kind of a "well, yeah, he DOES do that, but you don't UNDERSTAND, OK, YOU FUCKIN' MARKS!!!" response.

Hell, that story from the Story Time thing that Bix highlighted with Coachman and the fake cops feels like it's probably legally sketchy as gently caress too. Isn't impersonating a cop illegal in most places? Plus, either way, that's hella bullying. At least the poo poo with the Rock was on-camera to the point you could excuse it as part of the show, but that?

This reminds me of a video I saw where they asked Ron Simmons during a shoot (I assume it was RF video but that's really not important since I saw it on Youtube) about the incident where JBL cheapshotted Meanie and busted him open at ONS. Ron kept trying to find a way to explain but eventually settled on Meanie had to have done something to piss John off. Pretty sure Meanie's only crime was being a guy who doesn't really look like a wrestler and that bothered John. So he hosed with him, because he could.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This reminds me of a video I saw where they asked Ron Simmons during a shoot (I assume it was RF video but that's really not important since I saw it on Youtube) about the incident where JBL cheapshotted Meanie and busted him open at ONS. Ron kept trying to find a way to explain but eventually settled on Meanie had to have done something to piss John off. Pretty sure Meanie's only crime was being a guy who doesn't really look like a wrestler and that bothered John. So he hosed with him, because he could.

I think blue meanie looks more like a wrestler [from the 1960s] than does a cowboy with flabby tits. Unless that cowboy is stan hansen or dusty rhodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Platypus Farm posted:

I think blue meanie looks more like a wrestler [from the 1960s] than does a cowboy with flabby tits. Unless that cowboy is stan hansen or dusty rhodes

JBL has way more of a 60s physique than Blue Meanie.

• Locked thread