Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I love this :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does it get your..

SEAL of approval?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Does it get your..

SEAL of approval?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Does it get your..

SEAL of approval?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Btw Tetris Attack lives on as Puzzle League on the DS at least. I was able to get some freebie version of it as part of the old Nintendo rewards system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puzzle_League_(series)

Also you can play it in-game after that amiibo update for Animal Crossing New Leaf.

I hope we get an Animal Crossing Switch announcement soon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

NINTENDO SELL ME THE SUPER MARIO GAME

Wait. Wait. Wait. WHAT?

There's a Super Mario?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

parallelodad posted:

Wait. Wait. Wait. WHAT?

There's a Super Mario?

Are you telling me you've spent your whole life only playing the Mario Bros arcade game?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mario has a brother?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Nintendo Switch, the new home gaming system that people can also take on the go, has sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history. The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. That makes Nintendo Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. Notably, this sales surge was accomplished in a nontraditional month for a console launch.

The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. (Photo: Business Wire)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch and nearly 460,000 units sold for the Wii U console.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

parallelodad posted:

Mario has a brother?

How dare you

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If Nintendo finally made an full size open-world 3D Pokemon game they'd win E3 and I'd be able to die happy. It's long loving overdue imo

Hire Monolith Soft to help, it'd be a match made in heaven

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anidav posted:

Nintendo Switch, the new home gaming system that people can also take on the go, has sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history. The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. That makes Nintendo Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. Notably, this sales surge was accomplished in a nontraditional month for a console launch.

The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. (Photo: Business Wire)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch and nearly 460,000 units sold for the Wii U console.

So on a scale of one to ten how doomed is Nintendo now?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
More copies of BOTW for Switch sold than there were actually Switches sold in the states.

A game so nice some people had to buy it twice.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nintendo is not dead!!!!!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Anidav posted:

So at least 19,000 copies of breath of the wild were sold to people who didn't have a Nintendo switch? Do you mean 925,000 copies across platforms?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

More copies of BOTW for Switch sold than there were actually Switches sold in the states.

NPD explains that it's people double dipping in the collectors edition.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

inferis posted:

So at least 19,000 copies of breath of the wild were sold to people who didn't have a Nintendo switch? Do you mean 925,000 copies across platforms?

Scalpers or collectors editions double dipping

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Anidav posted:

That makes sense then.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Dr. VooDoo posted:

906K units is more than what the Wii U sold in November 2012 and December 2012 put together. The previous March console sales record was set by the Wii (721K) in March 2008 with the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

So twice as doomed as the Wii U.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Does it get your..

SEAL of approval?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

A game outselling the console is still really funny either way

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

A game outselling the console is still really funny either way

Do Zelda fans just look at it and imagine defeating ganon?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

True story, when the Gamecube came out, I was so excited for it that I persuaded my dad to buy a copy of Rogue Leader before I could actually get my hands on the console. I read the poo poo out of that instruction manual

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Zelda Fans: I can't wait to bomb Dodongos!
*doesnt buy the console*

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe there's more copies of BotW than of the console itself out there.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This has to be true judging by how many copies I see of BOTW vs how many Switches I see at retail.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Anidav posted:

Zelda Fans: I can't wait to bomb Dodongos!
*doesnt buy the console*

There's no Dodongos to bomb in BotW, so no surprise they dumped their pre-orders

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Does it get your..

SEAL of approval?

Glad to see you shitposting this hard in a non mafia thread

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm certain a good chunk are people buying it and having it ready for when they do get a Switch. I bought Twilight Princess the month it came out but wouldn't end up getting a Wii until June the next year.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I do know at least 2 people who preordered the switch and zelda, got zelda delivered, but had their preorder fall through

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Anidav posted:

I would think it's more likely that there's folks buying Zelda ahead of time while still trying to get ahold of the actual console.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thanks for making this page terrible.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
If you guys reply to that post one more time I'm telling Videogames.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I do know at least 2 people who preordered the switch and zelda, got zelda delivered, but had their preorder fall through

This happened to me. I went a little more hardcore than some might have in trying to pursue a switch, though, and managed to get one mid march, so I guess I don't count against that number.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I like how local stores price the Switch at twice its cost in the US. Looks like I'll be importing from Europe.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I bought Breath of the Wild in March when it was still discounted on Amazon Prime but didn't manage to get a Switch until April. :shrug:

It's nice that the SanDisk 128gb microSD cards were on sale recently too since I hadn't picked one up yet either.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Buca di Bepis posted:

There's maybe one post every couple of pages that's remotely negative

I know because the thread gets hyper defensive.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Dugong posted:

All I want is a portable Thousand Year Door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I know because the thread gets hyper defensive.

There aren't a lot of games out, and that's 99% of the whining. It's like going to a fish market and complaining about the fishy smell. You bought the device early, deal with the early title issues. So if by defensive you mean annoyed at stupid people then sure.

• Locked thread