Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Yea if anything his research would show that guys keep coming back if the girls pretend to listen to them and care about their sad lives, so really he should be spending money and time on empathy training for the dancers.

Like, dudes will fall in love with the waitresses and bartenders at strip clubs, so clearly all this math about the "perfect stripper" is insane.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Geez it's not like you can't incorporate surveyed empathy into your data driven strip club design. Think outside the box a little.

now I really want to know what the ROI would be on empathy training programs for strip clubs

like how long does it take for a week long retreat with a life coach to pay for itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
-rolls into strip club on heavy treads, printout expels from slot on stomach with quantified data on Breast to Brain size ratio for Optimal Dancing to Pour Some Sugar On Me-

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Did you guys know that at a lot of strip clubs the dancers have to pay to work there? They have to give the owners a "house fee" right off the bat and then even if they make a lot more than that, the house can still take a cut.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

new phone who dis posted:

Did you guys know that at a lot of strip clubs the dancers have to pay to work there? They have to give the owners a "house fee" right off the bat and then even if they make a lot more than that, the house can still take a cut.

There is a strip club near where I live that has an "amateur night" on Sundays. Part of me wants to check out who is stripping for free on a Sunday night in rural-ish Tennessee and another part of me is legitimately terrified.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

girl pants posted:

There is a strip club near where I live that has an "amateur night" on Sundays. Part of me wants to check out who is stripping for free on a Sunday night in rural-ish Tennessee and another part of me is legitimately terrified.

It's a bunch of freshly 18 or fake-ID teens with big dreams about financial independence and the glamorous lifestyle of getting naked for money. It's how the shittier clubs recruit.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

girl pants posted:

oh god normal strip clubs depress the poo poo out of me but I would attend Open Pole Night religiously

and clearly if that dude was smart at all he'd be publishing his findings, use peer review and rigorous methodology to challenge the folk wisdom that dudes like skinny strippers with big tits

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

new phone who dis posted:

Most are contractors these days, which bypasses requirements for treating the performers as employees. But no I don't know any of this because I don't know anything about strip clubs and I wouldn't enter them let alone handle the business of them unlike the piece of poo poo op

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
post a comic, elsa.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bonus points if its dictated by an Eagle!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best wings in the city of Miami are, as I was told by many people while living there, to be found in a heterosexually orientated strip club named after an Academy Award Winning Motion Picture about a man secretly doing drag as a woman to get money to fund his real art which gives the whole "Costco of Stripping" vibe it operates on a weird undercurrent.

It's sister location is named after Casablanca, and in addition to for a short time employing a friend of mine, does not play La Marseilles or support resistance to fascist ideology in the face of personal misfortune nearly enough.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Someone on Facebook shared this from a page titled It's Okay To Be Childfree

-----

From our Inbox

I have a psychiatric service dog. She is professionally trained and has a rather plain "to-the-point" vest. Her vest plainly states, "Service Dog" on both sides. I added two patches to both sides that says, "Please Do Not Pet, I am Working". I've always had problems with children running up to her to pet her, which distracts her and stresses me out.

My man sat up a trip for us to go to the park, to dinner, then to see a movie. He picked a showing of Beauty and the Beast at 12:00am on a school night to hopefully avoid children.

Well, I had my service dog with me. The park was fun. I actually let my dog have some fun by removing her vet and letting her splash around in a pet-friendly water fountain. Before we went to dinner, we took my dog to the groomers to get a bath and much needed nail clipping (my carpal tunnel makes to difficult for me to do and my man is afraid to do it). Once she was done and clean, we left to our dinner reservation.

Our dinner was nice and childfree. It was relaxing. Our day has been going amazingly well...which is rare.

We then left to the movies. We walked in, bought our snacks, gave out tickets, then sat down in our theater. We usually sit in the very back in a corner so I can keep my dog out of everyone's way. People started to pour into the theater, including children...my man groaned at this. We sat there, quietly munching on popcorn. I dug through my dog's backpack and pulled out a small baggy of dog food and my pills. I put the dog food in a collapsible dog bowl and gave it to her. As soon as I swallowed my pills, I heard a kid scream, "DOGGY!" The scream startled my dog, but she came to me to nudge my leg with her nose (an early alert). The kid came running and screamed again, "CAN I PET THE DOGGY??" I didn't answer, but my man did. he answered politely, "No. The dog is working and can't be petted." The kid proceeded to reach over my man and smack my dog across the face. Since the room was still bright since previews weren't even going yet, you could see her vest. I stood up, angry. The child's parents gave a sheepish grin (they were sitting 2 seats away from us) and said, "Sorry, [child's name] is just a kid." I said, "That's not an excuse for you letting him come over here to smack my SERVICE dog." The mother decided to take it upon herself to say, "When you have a child, you'll understand."

When I was 2 years old, I already knew how to treat an animal. You don't smack a dog. Or yank a cat's tail. You just don't. My man walked me out to talk to the security guard and they removed the family. We were allowed to return to our showing.

-----

It was missing an "and then everyone in the movie theater stood up and clapped."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's pretty striking in these stories that the men are always culpable, at least in part, for being men.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
*Good Will Huntings a massive blackboard of complex equations over the course of several days*

*stares at the majesty of my handiwork*

"36-24-36. Yes. This will do."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
tbh a lot of parents are terrible morons with really lovely crap kids

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
honestly the parents should stop that kinda behavior not just to appease childfree people but because someday little timmy is gonna get up in the face of an unfriendly dog and it's not gonna end well.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

Avshalom's post history should be a book. Like you could format it as one and it'd be like House of Leaves but not suck

W-wha-rude!

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Yeah as eyeroll-worthy actually getting the family thrown out (if that wasnt stdh) and the "my man" stuff was, as a kid even I knew better than to run up to an animal without warning and touch it/my parents had a better grip on me.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ArbitraryC posted:

someday little timmy is gonna get up in the face of an unfriendly dog and it's not gonna end well.

Or even just the average cat. Timmy's eyes will be out.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

tbh a lot of parents are terrible morons with really lovely crap kids

I really only have an issue when they don't do anything about it, like just this weekend I was getting some pho with the gf in this p small place, has like 3 booths and 2.5 tables. Family rolls in with a toddler, prolly like 3 or 4 just screeching for seemingly no reason, not even crying just yelling repeatedly. Parents occasionally tell the kid to be less noisy but for the most part he just keeps testin out how loud he can be for p much the duration of our meal.

I know kids can be obnoxious but when I was a kid and bein bad in public (food/movies/whatever) my mom would just drag me out of what we were doing and we just wouldn't go back for a long time, whenever I wanted to go again she'd be like "you couldn't behave yourself last time so you lost that privilege".

Stuff like kids runnin around being oblivious that they might be in people's way or such I don't really mind but when they're actively messing with people around them it's kinda more annoying. I recall one time there was a toddler behind me at another restaurant and they were just standing on their booth poking me in the back of the head, I have no idea what's with parents who let that kind of behavior continue.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

A 2 part saga.

BTW "tank" is part of an electronic cigarette, used to hold the liquid.

quote:

Help please? I just got a new tank after my old one leaked and now something is not right. self.electronic_cigarette
Submitted 1 year ago by OmegaTigBitties
As the title stated, I just got a brand new Horizon Arctic tank to go with my Kanger Subtank mini. I threw in the .5 ohm coil. I went to grab my juice. Since I haven't vaped in about a week, my juice just sat there, and it looked more liquidy than normal. I continued to fill my tank, soak the wick and took a hit..

What.. the gently caress.. the taste I was getting was a mix of dog piss and grape(which was the flavor) and no clouds came out. I tried again and again, gagging at the taste but to no avail. Can someone tell me what's going on?

34 commentsshare

quote:

My dad peed in my juice. self.electronic_cigarette
Submitted 1 year ago by OmegaTigBitties
So this all happened today. My mom cleaned my(18M) room, found my vape pen, and gave it to my dad to destroy. http://imgur.com/6RsDivu

Now i texted him about it, here are the texts:

Now i know i was being a smartass but he's the same way. Now after reading and texted him I realized something, i had an issue where about a week ago my juice tasted like piss, here's the link to my post in this sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/448kyx/help_please_i_just_got_a_new_tank_after_my_old/

Just wanted to share this with you as I'm livid right now and don't know what to do, knowing that i lost my Kangertech Subox Mini, and my Horizon arctic tank, and 20$ in juice, along with the fact that i vaped my own father's piss.

TLDR: Vaped my dad's piss.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 14, 2017

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

oh my god

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Induct that Dad into the hall of fame.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

A 2 part saga.

BTW "tank" is part of an electronic cigarette, used to hold the liquid.

The elusive Father of Pissbitch. The world is his toilet. He gets beefy where he pleases.

Panfilo fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 14, 2017

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
We have achieved Peak Dad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

oh my god, additionally lol

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Batterypowered7 posted:

-----

From our Inbox

I have a psychiatric service dog. She is professionally trained and has a rather plain "to-the-point" vest. Her vest plainly states, "Service Dog" on both sides. I added two patches to both sides that says, "Please Do Not Pet, I am Working". I've always had problems with children running up to her to pet her, which distracts her and stresses me out.

My man sat up a trip for us to go to the park, to dinner, then to see a movie. He picked a showing of Beauty and the Beast at 12:00am on a school night to hopefully avoid children.

Well, I had my service dog with me. The park was fun. I actually let my dog have some fun by removing her vet and letting her splash around in a pet-friendly water fountain. Before we went to dinner, we took my dog to the groomers to get a bath and much needed nail clipping (my carpal tunnel makes to difficult for me to do and my man is afraid to do it). Once she was done and clean, we left to our dinner reservation.

Our dinner was nice and childfree. It was relaxing. Our day has been going amazingly well...which is rare.

We then left to the movies. We walked in, bought our snacks, gave out tickets, then sat down in our theater. We usually sit in the very back in a corner so I can keep my dog out of everyone's way. People started to pour into the theater, including children...my man groaned at this. We sat there, quietly munching on popcorn. I dug through my dog's backpack and pulled out a small baggy of dog food and my pills. I put the dog food in a collapsible dog bowl and gave it to her. As soon as I swallowed my pills, I heard a kid scream, "DOGGY!" The scream startled my dog, but she came to me to nudge my leg with her nose (an early alert). The kid came running and screamed again, "CAN I PET THE DOGGY??" I didn't answer, but my man did. he answered politely, "No. The dog is working and can't be petted." The kid proceeded to reach over my man and smack my dog across the face. Since the room was still bright since previews weren't even going yet, you could see her vest. I stood up, angry. The child's parents gave a sheepish grin (they were sitting 2 seats away from us) and said, "Sorry, [child's name] is just a kid." I said, "That's not an excuse for you letting him come over here to smack my SERVICE dog." The mother decided to take it upon herself to say, "When you have a child, you'll understand."

When I was 2 years old, I already knew how to treat an animal. You don't smack a dog. Or yank a cat's tail. You just don't. My man walked me out to talk to the security guard and they removed the family. We were allowed to return to our showing.

-----

It was missing an "and then everyone in the movie theater stood up and clapped."

I love how this person has a great handle on what she was like at 2. And apparently this toddler is able to reach over a grown-rear end man to hit a dog. Toddlers are impulsive but you should be able to physically control the situation without laying hands on the kid if it comes down to it. You already let the kid get too close if it is able to hit your dog. I do love how childfree people become annoyed at the presence of children at a kids movie though. It is like they themselves are too childish to understand the irony.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

post a comic, elsa.

I'm building the printer comic. THE printer story

no pressure or nothing

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i've never been to a strip club, am i a broken man

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i got invited to a party at one once but it was thrown by john mcafee so i declined

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

maskenfreiheit posted:

i've never been to a strip club, am i a broken man

I went once on a stag do. The most impressive thing is how some can climb up the pole using only their thighs.
Plus, they act as if they have taken it super personally if you don't want a dance.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
In reality, the sad thing is how many crazy people (being real for a moment, women and men) really do seem to tear their way through people's lives and gently caress up like minimum 20 potentially decent people per each.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Batterypowered7 posted:

MY MAN MY MAN MY MAN

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

In reality, the sad thing is how many crazy people (being real for a moment, women and men) really do seem to tear their way through people's lives and gently caress up like minimum 20 potentially decent people per each.

yeah they've got a hella K/D ratio

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pick posted:

The people who get hosed up seem to be just as much at fault. It's really easy to spy crazy people and crazy behavior unless your poo poo is already hosed. Either that or you're so cripplingly lonely that you'll let anyone gently caress up your poo poo just for emotional validation and that's a bit of a lol.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

One strange thing about relationships I've noticed is, talk to most people about them, and the response will be something like
"This person was an rear end in a top hat, this one was worse, I wasted a ton of effort trying to make that work".

Then when you have a breakup, the advice is almost always to get back together and hash it out. I just don't get advice from other people about relationships, it's almost universally terrible.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 14, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Breetai posted:

*Good Will Huntings a massive blackboard of complex equations over the course of several days*

*stares at the majesty of my handiwork*

"36-24-36. Yes. This will do."

Yes it will.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1cJqYcq8w

*maybe if she's 5'2"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

One strange thing about relationships I've noticed is, talk to most people about them, and the response will be something like
"This person was an rear end in a top hat, this one was worse, I wasted a ton of effort trying to make that work".

Then when you have a breakup, the advice is almost always to get back together and hash it out. I just don't get advice from other people about relationships, it's almost universally terrible.

Then what you're saying is that I should pursue Hugh!! :aaa:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

romcoms and sitcoms and soaps have hosed us up irrevocably

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

I went once on a stag do. The most impressive thing is how some can climb up the pole using only their thighs.
Plus, they act as if they have taken it super personally if you don't want a dance.

doesn't that leave like, snail trails on the poles :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I started dating my wife my senior year of high school, got married 5 years later just before we finished college, and have been married for over 10 years and we are both happy despite having had rough patches here and there aling the way. "Work that poo poo out" is really great advice provided you are both mostly sane and have a modicum of respect for one another.