Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Waiting to send 6th calling card, guessing I'm near the end of the game, but thanks to the idiots at BOSS FIGHT DATABASE spoiling a certain fight for me, I know there's at least 12 so what the hell?

Also triggered Makoto's Rank 9 and now my MC is staring into the abyss waiting to give an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Makoto gives one of the best romance lines

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
Oh hey Mishima won't rank past 9 after November. Ever. The game lets you get all the way up there and then he is permanently busy, even if you clear every Mementos request. I found this out after spending another night maxing literally every other character. Including Strength, which is delightful.

Before I load my save from twenty hours or so back, I think I'm going to play MEA for a few days to remind myself that I like this game and I don't actually want to murder anyone involved with its creation.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
goro comes up to me at 7:15am in the train station to tell me how sweaty he is and yall telling me i cant romance him?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

epenthesis posted:

Oh hey Mishima won't rank past 9 after November. Ever. The game lets you get all the way up there and then he is permanently busy, even if you clear every Mementos request. I found this out after spending another night maxing literally every other character. Including Strength, which is delightful.

Before I load my save from twenty hours or so back, I think I'm going to play MEA for a few days to remind myself that I like this game and I don't actually want to murder anyone involved with its creation.
you don't need to max out every s. link

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's not a lobster, Inari.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Unrelated.
I am at the 7th dungeon.
I haven't maxed out a single S.Link for my party members.
Am I a terrible person, or merely a bad person?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

That's not a lobster, Inari.

Yeah, it's clearly a squid.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Did palace 6 take anyone else four hours or am I just slow

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

g0lbez posted:

Did palace 6 take anyone else four hours or am I just slow

It took me that long too, but I got tricked by a red herring shortcut and wandered around the idiotic maze for longer than I needed.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Everyone walking into Leblanc and Sojiro recognizing that he hasn't met Makoto before and introducing himself is real good, what a warm dad. Then going "well im old, have fun kids"
Like Dojima's kinda lame after Sojiro

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

Endorph posted:

you don't need to max out every s. link

I would actually be far more pissed off by finishing with 21/22 arcana than by having to spend another day of my life redoing this poo poo, so yes, I do.

I can leave the trophies for another playthrough but the links are not optional for me. Not even once.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I am really proud of my boy Yusuke's in depth research on Medjed

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Everyone walking into Leblanc and Sojiro recognizing that he hasn't met Makoto before and introducing himself is real good, what a warm dad. Then going "well im old, have fun kids"
Like Dojima's kinda lame after Sojiro

Compared to Sojiro most dads would be kinda lame.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

epenthesis posted:

I would actually be far more pissed off by finishing with 21/22 arcana than by having to spend another day of my life redoing this poo poo, so yes, I do.

I can leave the trophies for another playthrough but the links are not optional for me. Not even once.

That's really weird

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Dojima had a decent moment with like. The watermelon. But the rest of the time he's thinking about his dead wife and chain-smoking. I can't remember any other good Dojima moments except when he crashes his fuckin' car into Namatame's to get Nanako back. Which wasn't a particularly smart thing to do, but dammit he had guts.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Someone mentioned earlier that Mona's jp actor is pikachu, well I got a little easter egg for you; If you let a certain boss turn Mona into a mouse you'll hear a little surprise

no monas VA IS CHOpper. Chopper!!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I have a complaint about the writing in this game. They mention the phantom thieves, and the fact that they are PT, way too often. It's way too repetitious. Also, I don't need to be reminded about the phansite in every other scene. I can see the percentage and comments on the loading screen.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah. This game needed an editor. Whenever I see that 'five people's thoughts!' screen come up, I just fastforward through it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
get someone that looks at you the way makoto looks at a shadow during an all out attack

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

Andrast posted:

That's really weird

K internet stranger, your opinion is valued

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

anime was right posted:

get someone that looks makoto

yes

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

epenthesis posted:

This is inaccurate. I maxed him out in December in my own game.

Either you overlooked something, he was unavailable due to some weird thing you did, or your game was bugged.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Goro dropping knowledge on Sae with "okay, how about you listen to me for once." owns

Also Goro outright says he would never tell anything to the cops and their only use they have to him is how organized they are and how quickly they can mobilize, perfect boy

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

epenthesis posted:

wh0 the gently caress gives a poo poo about mishima what The gently caress

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

epenthesis posted:

The more I see comments like this, the more I think it would have been a good idea to make it impossible to finish every link in a single run, so people didn't do that to themselves.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Yeah, Mishima was like, the second to last link I maxed out in my playthrough, and I was definitely well into December. (Meanwhile I maxed out Hifumi's link on the last possible day because I am bad at time management. Still managed to max 16 confidants though, so eh.)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I am furious that the infinite lockpick doesn't transfer over to NG+

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

I can't help but be nice to Akechi with every dialogue choice that comes my way so far (at palace 5 atm), I think really he's just doing his job and in my headcanon the protagonist would be the type to keep his enemies closer. I guess I even sympathize with him a bit.

I've managed to avoid every spoiler about it but it's obvious he's a major role with some development to come..

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Night Blade posted:

Waiting to send 6th calling card, guessing I'm near the end of the game, but thanks to the idiots at BOSS FIGHT DATABASE spoiling a certain fight for me, I know there's at least 12 so what the hell?

Also triggered Makoto's Rank 9 and now my MC is staring into the abyss waiting to give an answer.

Severe hesitation is no in these matters my friend

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Post Palace 6 I spent a decent amount of money outfitting Goro gently caress you atlus!!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
man Sojiro just spilling arguably too many beans about Futaba's whole situation and in such detail because of how long he's been dealing with by himself :smith: Like her deal is kinda similar to an ex I had and Sojiro's recount of it is roooough

tradechop posted:

I can't help but be nice to Akechi with every dialogue choice that comes my way so far (at palace 5 atm), I think really he's just doing his job and in my headcanon the protagonist would be the type to keep his enemies closer. I guess I even sympathize with him a bit.

I've managed to avoid every spoiler about it but it's obvious he's a major role with some development to come..
i 100% told goro that ryuji's a phantom thief, im changing sides gang

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't get how you use temperances benefits.

Like her cleaning and making coffee one specifically.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't get how you use temperances benefits.

Like her cleaning and making coffee one specifically.

You go to the washing machine or coffee and press x and then you press x again when it says you can call Kawakami to do it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Post Palace 6 I spent a decent amount of money outfitting Goro gently caress you atlus!!!!

That's what you get for trusting a cop.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Man, I really like Futaba, but it feels like it'd be pretty immoral to date her, considering you're basically her therapist.

Still gonna bite the bullet and do it on my New Game+ harem run, but it'll be weird.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

The more I see comments like this, the more I think it would have been a good idea to make it impossible to finish every link in a single run, so people didn't do that to themselves.

It was actually a little bit of a relief when Dangan Ronpa did that, so yeah, maybe.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

When enemies are weak to melee :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Good times fighting Archangle four times in a row after one of the random goons he summons after death rushes me and gets a crit on my protagonist.

EDIT: Huh, never seen that move before. Time for round five I guess.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 14, 2017