Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The Case for Casper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

But will it be better than the Spawn court case?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dead people don't come back to life as spirits, this is fact. I know this since there's no way those things that I saw have ever been human.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Slugworth posted:

Huh, apparently Army Of Me is a Bjork song. I had only ever heard the Abandoned Pools version. Snyder teaching me all sorts of poo poo.

Congrats: now you are the OTHER person to ever think of Abandoned Pools since 2007.

i've seen them live

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Spatula City posted:

The court transcripts on this will be amazing. the judge is going to be like "wait...so basically this is about whether ghosts are real? I guess we're doing this. Jesus."

I hope it ends like Miracle on 34th st

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Slugworth posted:

Huh, apparently Army Of Me is a Bjork song. I had only ever heard the Abandoned Pools version. Snyder teaching me all sorts of poo poo.
More like Best of Me, right?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

got any sevens posted:

I hope it ends like Miracle on 34th st

An army of goths bringing in piles of body bags and laying them in the middle of the court, then the judge becomes a goth and everyone is goths.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snowman_McK posted:

An army of goths bringing in piles of body bags and laying them in the middle of the court, then the judge becomes a goth and everyone is goths.

Then the mouldering corpse of Rappin' Rodney shows up and tells off the mopey nihilist dopes and starts a conga line

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

"Warner Bros. would like to call Tupac Shakur to the stand."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Fate of the Furious

I could feel my intellect drop every minute I watched.
Statham and Rock need to do a buddy-anything movie like right now.
Helen Mirren smacking Statham upside the head is hilarious.
Vin Diesel drains the fun out of every scene he's in. Fortunately, the director understood this.
They now have an honest to god supervillain to go up against.
Kurt Russell will never not be awesome, no matter how stupid the movie...

BONUS:
Rock leading a girl's soccer team in an awesome Haka.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Is it weird that I have no desire to see the new FF movie with the sole exception of Helen Mirren being in it?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Spatula City posted:

The court transcripts on this will be amazing. the judge is going to be like "wait...so basically this is about whether ghosts are real? I guess we're doing this. Jesus."

"Oh my God, it's the Warner Brothers! I tried em for murder, gave em the chair!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cacator posted:

Is it weird that I have no desire to see the new FF movie with the sole exception of Helen Mirren being in it?
There's definitely something wrong with you.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Casimir Radon posted:

There's definitely something wrong with you.

Let's be honest though, I already know that there is zero danger to any of the principal characters at any point in the movie and the last trailer I saw showed every action setpiece so there's not much left to get my lazy rear end to see it. The series peaked with 5 anyway.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They do amp up the crazy in this one and Charlize Theron gets to play sociopath again.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Am I correct in assuming that the series has reached the point where the villain from the previous movie joins the team in the next movie? Michelle Rodriguez came back from the dead and became a villain, but by the next movie she was back in the family in time to confront The Rock. And then The Rock joins the family because there's a bigger badder dude in Jason Statham. But now it turns out that Statham isn't all bad, because there's someone meaner out there.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Simplex posted:

Am I correct in assuming that the series has reached the point where the villain from the previous movie joins the team in the next movie? Michelle Rodriguez came back from the dead and became a villain, but by the next movie she was back in the family in time to confront The Rock. And then The Rock joins the family because there's a bigger badder dude in Jason Statham. But now it turns out that Statham isn't all bad, because there's someone meaner out there.

Sort of. The Rock and Michelle Rodriguez were definitely antagonists in a film each, but I wouldn't really stretch it to villain. Each of them were back on the good side before the end of those movies. Statham is the first flat-out villain from a previous entry to join the family.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah the Rock and Michelle were not villains. Statham was and he straight up murdered Han so it's a bit iffy. Charlize is a legit bond supervillain who almost definitely will not be joining the team

Cacator posted:

Let's be honest though, I already know that there is zero danger to any of the principal characters at any point in the movie and the last trailer I saw showed every action setpiece so there's not much left to get my lazy rear end to see it. The series peaked with 5 anyway.

I mean if 2 second clips of some of the action is enough for you sure

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Simplex posted:

The shounen anime/manga approach. The Rock is Vegeta.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

marshmallow creep posted:

The Rock is Vegeta.

Looking forward to an incredibly badass death scene.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The next movie had better be set in either:

A.) The Moon

or

B.) Underwater TerrorDome

Otherwise what's the point? Also make Hulk Hogan the antagonist.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Casimir Radon posted:

More like Best of Me, right?

:suicide:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cacator posted:

Yes, because The Rock, Jason Statham, and Vin Diesel are also in it.

All I want is for the F&F series to end with a perfect transition to Pitch Black.

Cacator posted:

Let's be honest though, I already know that there is zero danger to any of the principal characters at any point in the movie

Yeah, well explain why Paul Walker is not in them anymore.

raditts fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 14, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm really happy somebody got the joke.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I know this is probably an opinion shared by very few people, but I just don't like The Rock any more. I know he's a super nice guy. I know he perfectly understands his role as a cheesy action hero. I know he plays that role well. But he just comes off as super fake to me from following his Twitter and interviews. I don't know what it is, but I have a hard time coming up with any enthusiasm for his films any more. All of his stuff in the most recent Fast movies just feels cheesy in the wrong way to me. "Daddy's gotta go to work" and breaking the cast off in theory should be bad rear end, but for some reason it's super cringey for me. All of his dialogue feels really fake and forced. I don't know why.

This may be silly, but I felt the same way about his wrestling career. The guy has a ton of natural charisma, but I feel like he dials it up too much. Before the Scorpion King, everything he did felt natural because it seems like he played things how they naturally came to him. But when he went off to do the Scorpion King, I remember he said he spent a bunch of time doing intense acting classes to learn how to act. And his original management team tried to steer him into traditional parts so he would be an actor instead of a action hero. He later turned that around and embraced what made him famous, but it feels like he's still utilizing what he learned from those classes when I think he felt more natural before he started doing the exaggerated mannerisms. Compare his wrestling interviews before The Scorpion King and after (like the stuff with The Hurricane) and his later work feels a lot more animated, zany, exaggerated, and scripted. His most recent wrestling work ("when I say yabba you say dabba!") is terrible.

I really respect the guy and like him as a person, as much as you can like a celebrity without knowing them, but I have no interest in his movies at this point. Fast Five was probably the last Rock movie that I enjoyed.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm really happy somebody got the joke.
I didn't :(

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Violator posted:

I know this is probably an opinion shared by very few people, but I just don't like The Rock any more. I know he's a super nice guy. I know he perfectly understands his role as a cheesy action hero. I know he plays that role well. But he just comes off as super fake to me from following his Twitter and interviews. I don't know what it is, but I have a hard time coming up with any enthusiasm for his films any more. All of his stuff in the most recent Fast movies just feels cheesy in the wrong way to me. "Daddy's gotta go to work" and breaking the cast off in theory should be bad rear end, but for some reason it's super cringey for me. All of his dialogue feels really fake and forced. I don't know why.

This may be silly, but I felt the same way about his wrestling career. The guy has a ton of natural charisma, but I feel like he dials it up too much. Before the Scorpion King, everything he did felt natural because it seems like he played things how they naturally came to him. But when he went off to do the Scorpion King, I remember he said he spent a bunch of time doing intense acting classes to learn how to act. And his original management team tried to steer him into traditional parts so he would be an actor instead of a action hero. He later turned that around and embraced what made him famous, but it feels like he's still utilizing what he learned from those classes when I think he felt more natural before he started doing the exaggerated mannerisms. Compare his wrestling interviews before The Scorpion King and after (like the stuff with The Hurricane) and his later work feels a lot more animated, zany, exaggerated, and scripted. His most recent wrestling work ("when I say yabba you say dabba!") is terrible.

I really respect the guy and like him as a person, as much as you can like a celebrity without knowing them, but I have no interest in his movies at this point. Fast Five was probably the last Rock movie that I enjoyed.

drat, goondolences.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Never thought I'd see a hipster like swearing off of a wrestler going mainstream, but threre's a first time for everything.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Never thought I'd see a hipster like swearing off of a wrestler going mainstream, but threre's a first time for everything.

Yeah, The Rock checks off almost all of the boxes for what I liked about Arnold movies like Commando and Predator but for some reason I just can't get into his recent stuff. Maybe the new Fast movie will turn it around for me or I'm looking at things wrong.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Here you go.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Violator posted:

Yeah, The Rock checks off almost all of the boxes for what I liked about Arnold movies like Commando and Predator but for some reason I just can't get into his recent stuff. Maybe the new Fast movie will turn it around for me or I'm looking at things wrong.

Arnold is completely himself at all times, just look at his docs and interviews and the amazing commentaries he does with Vorhoeven (The robot! Her tits get bigger!). The Rock is a much smoother operator, but just might be a response to the increased scrutinity of the times, I don't know. Still think he's only getting better tho.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Rock is essentially his wrestling persona in Fast Eight. Every line sounds like a wrestling promo.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I still want a Rock/Statham buddy anything action movie. Have Helen Mirren as the villain.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I think the only movie that could be a movie with The Rock in it is a movie where The Rock has to fight himself

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I think the only movie that could be a movie with The Rock in it is a movie where The Rock has to fight himself

Its all right here in my spec script of the reboot for The One.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My friend had this pitch for a movie where The Rock goes back in time to kill Hitler, except it turns out Hitler is necessary to the space-time continuum so he replaces Hitler and then fights himself trying to kill Hitler.

He describes it way funnier.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Spatula City posted:

There have actually been court cases concerning ghosts before. Mostly courts don't worry about whether ghosts are real but about whether people think that they're real. So if you sell a house and neglect to say that it's haunted, the legal concern is whether the buyer would want to know that fact.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Violator posted:

Arnold did amazing action movies before regressing to crappy family films and comedies, The Rock did crappy family films and comedies before finally trying to become an amazing action star for real.

Like, remember how the end of The Rundown had a cameo from Arnie as a sort of passing-the-torch moment from him to The Rock...and then it was eight years until Fast Five and until then all he did was stuff like The Pacifier and Race to Witch Mountain and Get Smart.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

My friend had this pitch for a movie where The Rock goes back in time to kill Hitler, except it turns out Hitler is necessary to the space-time continuum so he replaces Hitler and then fights himself trying to kill Hitler.

He describes it way funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Guy Mann posted:

Arnold did amazing action movies before regressing to crappy family films and comedies, The Rock did crappy family films and comedies before finally trying to become an amazing action star for real.

Like, remember how the end of The Rundown had a cameo from Arnie as a sort of passing-the-torch moment from him to The Rock...and then it was eight years until Fast Five and until then all he did was stuff like The Pacifier and Race to Witch Mountain and Get Smart.

I think the Pacifier is Vin Diesel, actually.

• Locked thread